Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

67% 67% 
[ 12 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
27% 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl on Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 3:19 pm

I've subscribed

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I've subscribed

Snap. just got to get a chromecast or similar to watch on big screen.
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:10 pm

If you have a laptop and HDMI cable (and HD TV) you can plug your laptop in to the TV

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:11 pm

Does anyone know whether the Premier app works on Amazon Fire sticks?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:21 pm

BamBam wrote:Does anyone know whether the Premier app works on Amazon Fire sticks?

My earlier post listing all the details of how to subscribe (which was taken from the Edinburgh website) says it is compatible. OK

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:22 pm

Ah excellent, cheers RDW.

My weekend of flicking between the Jeff and Pro14 is looking good

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:27 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:A handy guide:

With the new Guinness PRO14 season fast approaching, Edinburgh supporters will be able to follow the action like never before thanks to new host broadcasters, Premier Sports.

All Guinness PRO14 fixtures will be shown live across the Premier Sports network, with one match per round available to watch for free on sister channel FreeSports.

14 of Edinburgh’s matches have been confirmed as being exclusive to Premier Sports so far, with fixtures having been confirmed up until Round 17.

Season Ticket Members will receive information regarding an exclusive Members offer by email this week.

For full information on how to receive and watch your club in action, simply find your provider below:

SKY
Sky TV customers can sign up to Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month, or for an annual cost of £99. There is no connection fee, but customers must have a Sky viewing card – you will need to quote your viewing card number in order for Premier Sports to be added to your package.

To subscribe, visit subscribe.premiersports.tv or call Premier on 0871 663 9000. New customers will be able to claim the first month of their subscription for free.

Premier Sports 1 can be found on channel 412, with Premier Sports 2 on channel 435. Sky subscribers have free access to the standard membership of Premier Player – for more information, please see the section on Premier Player below.

FreeSports is currently available to all Sky customers on channel 422.

PREMIER PLAYER
Viewers without a cable or satellite connection can subscribe to the Premier Player, an online service compatible with smartphones, tablets and laptops with a stable internet connection.

Two subscription packages are available; a Standard Membership costs £9.99 per month, which allows subscribers to access live streaming and seven days of On Demand catch up.

For £11.99 per month, supporters can subscribe to the Premium Membership, which features access to live streaming and the full back catalogue of events previously broadcast on Premier Sports.

Sky customers are automatically provided with a Standard Membership included in the price of subscription to Premier Sports, but can upgrade to a Premium Membership for £2 per month.

The Premier Player is fully compatible with the Google Chromecast device and the Amazon Firestick, allowing supporters to cast the action from their smart device to their TV.

New customers can claim the first month of Premier Player for free, with details to be announced in the coming week.

VIRGIN MEDIA
Virgin Media customers can get Premier Sports 1 and 2 for free until 22 September, providing they own a Virgin Media Box. After this date, there will be a subscription fee of £9.99 per month on a rolling contract with no connection fee. To register, customers can call Virgin Media on 0845 840 7777.

Tivo subscribers can subscribe to Premier Sports by pressing home, navigating to Apps and Games, selecting All Apps and then TV Upgrades.

Non Tivo customers should press Home, navigate to Interactive and select TV Channel Upgrade.

Premier Sports 1 is available on channel 551, with Premier Sports 2 to be found on channel 552.

FreeSports is currently available to all Virgin Media customers on channel 553.

FREEVIEW
Supporters watching via Freeview are currently unable to subscribe to Premier Sports but are able to receive FreeSports on channel 95.

Most Freeview boxes will have been retuned automatically to receive FreeSports during a scheduled auto update. If the channel does not appear, retune your device and see if the channel appears.

FREESAT
Supporters watching via Freesat are currently unable to subscribe to Premier Sports, but can tune in to FreeSports on channel 252.

BT / TALKTALK
Supporters watching via either BT or TalkTalk cannot currently access Premier Sports through their TV. However, FreeSports is available on channel 95.

Posted again for those who haven't followed the full thread.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:39 pm

Hi all, long time reader of this forum and the old BBC 606 here. Just a quick question and if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
I'm going to get premier through my Sky and I understand from the above that I will get Premier Player included with it. Does anyone know if it's possible to watch on a device while at the same time watching it on my Sky box? I'm guessing it must be possible? Also, assuming it is possible, is it just the one other device that you can watch on? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

Irishhoneymonster wrote:Hi all, long time reader of this forum and the old BBC  606 here. Just a quick question and if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
I'm going to get premier through my Sky and I understand from the above that I will get Premier Player included with it. Does anyone know if it's possible to watch on a device while at the same time watching it on my Sky box? I'm guessing it must be possible? Also, assuming it is possible, is it just the one other device that you can watch on? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I saw people asking this on the Premier Sports Facebook page, that is probably the best place to ask, or on Premier Sports twitter page.  Do you have SkyGo?  If you do you could watch Premier Sports on as many devices as your Sky Go allows I would have thought.  I saw people complaining on the Facebook page that if you subscribe to the Premier Player only then you can only watch it on one device and it takes 10 hour to switch devices.  Not sure how this interacts with Sky though.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I tweeted the same question and got a response - you can do both at the same time but you can only have one person logged in to Premier Player (but I understand you are not limited to one device).

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 4:49 pm

The FAQs are here, but I don't think yours is one of them.

http://www.premiersports.com/info/faqs/

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:20 pm

That's brilliant cheers for that guys. I am going to sign up now

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:25 pm

That's weird, most of my last message didn't post there, I wrote a couple of paragraphs. Happened last night as well and I had to delete the message as the first line/paragraph on its own was ridiculous!

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:33 pm

That's strange - are you posting from a computer or phone? Worth copying your text before hitting post!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:40 pm

Am on my phone. I put a smiley face after the sign up now bit, maybe that's the reason.

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:42 pm

Yeah I put a smiley face and some text at the end of that last message as well and it disappeared so that is the reason.

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:43 pm

Guess I'll just have to be a miserable git on here!

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:00 pm

Anybody having issues with the player?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:19 pm

The on demand content on the site is working for me but not the stream. Was working yesterday though....

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:23 pm

Seen a lot of people complaining on social media that the player isn't working. Not a great start!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:29 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Seen a lot of people complaining on social media that the player isn't working. Not a great start!

They've stopped responding on Facebook and Twitter as well, doesn't look good.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:31 pm

Think I've got it working on Premier Sports 2.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:31 pm

Looks like I'm watching Edinburgh Ospreys.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:38 pm

Working well for me. Plugged the laptop into the telly so I've got both games streaming at the same time no problem at all.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:51 pm

FYI it seems that if you subscribe through virgin media you can stream the premier sport channels on Virgin's own TV go app

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:32 pm

Part of my post that went missing earlier was replying about SkyGo and how I can't get Premier Sports on it. I can't get BT Sports on it either.

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:36 pm

Irishhoneymonster wrote:Part of my post that went missing earlier was replying about SkyGo and how I can't get Premier Sports on it. I can't get BT Sports on it either.

Is the player working for you? I can only get Premier Sports 2 on it.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:46 pm

Sorry artful only saw your message there now. I haven't tried the player yet as was watching on the sky box but I did try on a smart tv and couldn't get it. I say couldn't get it - the video on the home page wouldn't work and said I need to download Adobe but that didn't work either. But like I say it's a smart tv and premier say in their faqs that not all smart tv's will work but a way to check if it's likely to work before you buy is to go on their player and see if the video on the home screen works. I think the player is supposed to work on most other devices like tablets and laptops etc though so should def work if you're using something other than a smart tv I would think.

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 9:05 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I tweeted the same question and got a response - you can do both at the same time but you can only have one person logged in to Premier Player (but I understand you are not limited to one device).

He’s been posting for years!!!
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 9:41 am

Its great being an eir broadband customer Very Happy

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 11:40 am

The Premier sports coverage of the cardiff v leinster game was ok. Production values quite good. Premier sports 2 picture is awful as it's not HD.

But the worst thing about this is that on Virgin it costs £9.99 to subscribe on tv and the same price for sky. But with sky you get the prem web player as standard and therefore get the whole 7 days back catalogue of games. That would be very useful for me. That's the exact service I'd like - but that costs me £18.99

£18.99 for something that sky customers get for £9.99

That really is very poor.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 11:55 am

I think you have to blame Virgin for that then, RugbyFan. Surely it’s them who decide what they will give their customers for their £9.99.
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 11:59 am

The Oracle wrote:I think you have to blame Virgin for that then, RugbyFan. Surely it’s them who decide what they will give their customers for their £9.99.

Probably. I'm not out to blame anyone as there's nothing that can be done. It's just disappointing.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 12:27 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
The Oracle wrote:I think you have to blame Virgin for that then, RugbyFan. Surely it’s them who decide what they will give their customers for their £9.99.

Probably. I'm not out to blame anyone as there's nothing that can be done. It's just disappointing.

Sorry, didn’t mean to suggest you were playing the blame game! I just meant that, with all talk about the TV deal and who will get what in each territory, it’s the individual TV platform providers that will dictate a lot of it. It would be good if they all (Sky, Virgin, BT, etc) could agree a common offer but I guess that’s not how it works in business and competition. They’re all vying for the same customers so will try different add ons to trump the other company. Looks like Virgin’s offer is not as good as the competition (at the moment).
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 3:42 pm

The Oracle wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Sorry, didn’t mean to suggest you were playing the blame game! I just meant that, with all talk about the TV deal and who will get what in each territory, it’s the individual TV platform providers that will dictate a lot of it. It would be good if they all (Sky, Virgin, BT, etc) could agree a common offer but I guess that’s not how it works in business and competition. They’re all vying for the same customers so will try different add ons to trump the other company. Looks like Virgin’s offer is not as good as the competition (at the moment).

Spot on analysis, Oracle. Subscriber/viewer numbers may also play a part depending on commercial agreement with the platform providers.
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 7:49 pm

The Oracle wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Welcome to the forum!

He’s been posting for years!!!

Ha very true Oracle. My fault though cause I started with the whole long time reader here bit. But I post very rarely so I am more reader than writer Very Happy

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 8:26 pm

Not sure where to post this but just wanted to say that, in my opinion, the league already feels more ‘together’ than it has done in previous years, and it’s only the first weekend! Hard to put into words, and I’m not sure why as I have not subscribed to Premier Sports so have not had all of the games at my disposal, but I just feel more interested in the games across the board this season. I watched the Zebre v Kings game last night on Freesports, and was watching the score updates and reading the posts on here from the other games. Previously I’d just look out for the scores of the Welsh sides but I’ve been checking on them all. It actually feels a bit like ‘super Saturday’ when all the sides have something to play for and there’s a buzz of activity on the score updates. Maybe it’s just because it’s the first games of the season, but long may this feeling continue!
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 8:35 pm

The Oracle wrote:Not sure where to post this but just wanted to say that, in my opinion, the league already feels more ‘together’ than it has done in previous years, and it’s only the first weekend! Hard to put into words, and I’m not sure why as I have not subscribed to Premier Sports so have not had all of the games at my disposal, but I just feel more interested in the games across the board this season. I watched the Zebre v Kings game last night on Freesports, and was watching the score updates and reading the posts on here from the other games. Previously I’d just look out for the scores of the Welsh sides but I’ve been checking on them all. It actually feels a bit like ‘super Saturday’ when all the sides have something to play for and there’s a buzz of activity on the score updates. Maybe it’s just because it’s the first games of the season, but long may this feeling continue!

Agreed. Having one broadcaster and overall approach makes a difference - and the Setanta lads have linked in well with EirSport and other channels to make it all look very seamless. It’s only week one admittedly but I’d give them 8.5 out of 10 on first showing.
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 8:04 am

Just found out that ‘Transworld Sport’ in on Freesports! It used to be my favourite show when I was younger and now, thanks to the rugby, I’ve stumbled across it again. It keeps on giving!
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 9:13 am

Pot Hale wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Not sure where to post this but just wanted to say that, in my opinion, the league already feels more ‘together’ than it has done in previous years, and it’s only the first weekend! Hard to put into words, and I’m not sure why as I have not subscribed to Premier Sports so have not had all of the games at my disposal, but I just feel more interested in the games across the board this season. I watched the Zebre v Kings game last night on Freesports, and was watching the score updates and reading the posts on here from the other games. Previously I’d just look out for the scores of the Welsh sides but I’ve been checking on them all. It actually feels a bit like ‘super Saturday’ when all the sides have something to play for and there’s a buzz of activity on the score updates. Maybe it’s just because it’s the first games of the season, but long may this feeling continue!

Agreed.  Having one broadcaster and overall approach makes a difference - and the Setanta lads have linked in well with EirSport and other channels to make it all look very seamless.   It’s only week one admittedly but I’d give them 8.5 out of 10 on first showing.  

I think the league is definitely going to be more competitive this year, judging on the opening games and that will play a big part in making it more watchable over the board.

Benetton and Connacht are certainly not going to be pushovers this year. Zebre started off with a five pointer and Dragons and Blues, whilst both losing, both showed plenty and will certainly be hard to beat at home. Ospreys showed that they could well be part of the challengers as well if they can sustain that sort of performance.

Probably the only real disappointment were the South African sides, but I am sure that they will be much harder to beat at home as well.

BigGee

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 11:38 am

Now I don't want to start a bun fight, but of the two and a bit games I have watch the whole ref team including the TMOs have done well.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 9:05 am

carpet baboon wrote:Now I don't want to start a bun fight, but of the two and a bit games I have watch the whole ref team including the TMOs have done well.

Clancy was shocking as ever in the Dragons game - I don't think either side knew where they were with him and the assistant refs kept having to bring things to his attention that he'd missed - even basic stuff.

munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 9:49 am

munkian wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Now I don't want to start a bun fight, but of the two and a bit games I have watch the whole ref team including the TMOs have done well.

Clancy was shocking as ever in the Dragons game - I don't think either side knew where they were with him and the assistant refs kept having to bring things to his attention that he'd missed - even basic stuff.

I didn't watch the dragons game but that does sound like a typical "clownshoes" performance.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 9:52 am

carpet baboon wrote:
munkian wrote:

I didn't watch the dragons game but that does sound like a typical "clownshoes"  performance.

Yupp, I mean both teams were pretty awful, especially our handling but he didn't help keeping the game flow. Any pause in play and Benneton would bring on the water, physios etc
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 9:59 am

Can't remember which game it was, either Ulster or Leinster, but was pleased to see the ref go to the tmo for a possible high tackle/late hit (can't quite remember exactly which) but then decide it was just a "rugby collision" and carry on, when seen a few similar get pinged. Showed a good understanding of the game

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW_Scotland on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 10:16 am

There were a few dodgy calls both for and against the Scottish teams at the weekend - Stuart Hogg clearly carried the ball back over the tryline right at the end of the Connacht game but the ref called 22 drop out. The balance was restored though when the ref gave Connacht a last play of the game penalty to try and win it, then later admitted to Dave Rennie that he'd got the call wrong.

Edinburgh fans were disgruntled with Lacey when we had a rolling maul right at the death that was charging towards the line yet collapsed, and he didn't give a penalty/penalty try. We certainly didn't deserve the win though and that isn't the reason we lost!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 10:26 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:There were a few dodgy calls both for and against the Scottish teams at the weekend - Stuart Hogg clearly carried the ball back over the tryline right at the end of the Connacht game but the ref called 22 drop out. The balance was restored though when the ref gave Connacht a last play of the game penalty to try and win it, then later admitted to Dave Rennie that he'd got the call wrong.

Edinburgh fans were disgruntled with Lacey when we had a rolling maul right at the death that was charging towards the line yet collapsed, and he didn't give a penalty/penalty try. We certainly didn't deserve the win though and that isn't the reason we lost!

I would say it definitely was the reason Edinburgh lost. Lacey is an awful referee, and cost Edinburgh the game with an absolutely inexcusable decision. Edinburgh would have won if a competent referee gave the right decision. That's a fact. The referee therefore 100% dictated the result of the game.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 10:38 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:There were a few dodgy calls both for and against the Scottish teams at the weekend - Stuart Hogg clearly carried the ball back over the tryline right at the end of the Connacht game but the ref called 22 drop out. The balance was restored though when the ref gave Connacht a last play of the game penalty to try and win it, then later admitted to Dave Rennie that he'd got the call wrong.

I would say it definitely was the reason Edinburgh lost. Lacey is an awful referee, and cost Edinburgh the game with an absolutely inexcusable decision. Edinburgh would have won if a competent referee gave the right decision. That's a fact. The referee therefore 100% dictated the result of the game.

Where exactly is the penalty there?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 10:52 am

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Where exactly is the penalty there?

Ospreys player in black scrum cam comes round the side of the maul and collapses it. The Edinburgh 9 points to the offence if you can't see it.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:02 am

Except he was bound on and didn't come round the side. Without the alternate angle you can't say what brought it down and neither could the ref

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum