The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rugby Championship

+37
Biltong
asoreleftshoulder
Yoda
BamBam
FerN
Geen sport voor watjes
Exiledinborders
kingraf
Not grey and not a ghost
Pie
kingelderfield
Sgt_Pooly
Maine man
Galted
Brendan
Cyril
LordDowlais
marty2086
No 7&1/2
Pot Hale
Rugby Fan
mikey_dragon
RDW
The Great Aukster
rodders
profitius
Taylorman
Duty281
alanmackie6
Gooseberry
SecretFly
Tramptastic
aucklandlaurie
ebop
yappysnap
LondonTiger
hugehandoff
41 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The Rugby Championship - Page 21 Empty The Rugby Championship

Post by hugehandoff Fri 17 Aug - 19:37

First topic message reminder :

It starts again tomorrow. As ever the interest will wane quickly if the ABs resume their usual dismantling of all opposition. They look extremely strong with Retallick and Whitelock back in harness. Their strength in depth at 10 is frightening. The Aussies do have Pocock back, but hard to look beyond another comfortable AB win.

Argentina away in SA will be interesting I think. SA look like they are improving and Argentina play some good rugby - one to watch I think.

Hoping that somebody pushes the ABs and an Aussie win tomorrow would be the perfect tonic for the tournament, however unlikely that is.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Championship - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rugby Championship

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 24 Oct - 2:47

I don't know collapse he seems to want to discuss something while insinuating I'm saying something I'm not. We'll get to his point soon I've no doubt.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 24 Oct - 2:48

Collapse2005 wrote:I think Lord just reads headlines and is clearly fairly gullible.

You're too kind

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 24 Oct - 3:18

Guess the carpet shop is shut for the day.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 24 Oct - 3:24

Collapse2005 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Collapse, read this bit:-

Now tell me a story about that.

They are already Irish qualified. The hint is in the name "IQ".

Read from a proper source:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/provincial/exiles/39718.php#.W89AgOTQamQ

"We recently employed Joe Lydon as head of the IQ Rugby programme. Joe's role will be to oversee the identification and development of all Irish qualified players that are overseas. "

In simple English for you, players that are already Irish qualified playing abroad. NOT project players you dope!!!! If anything this means the IRFU's focus is to move away from capping players based on residency.

The article says they want more players like Kieran Marmion who is Irish but lived in Wales. You seemed to have completely misunderstood the point of the IQ programme.

Bollox and you know it is.

The secret is in the word potential.

POTENTIAL players to play for Ireland.

That is exactly what this means:-

It’s not an isolated incident either. David Nucifora and the IRFU have set up a dedicated ‘IQ Rugby’ programme for overseas players. The programme launched this year aims to combat the recent rule changes and scout out potential future Irish stars playing their rugby overseas

That means anyone who do not know if they have any Irish lineage, or young players to become IQ.

Stop trying to twist things, otherwise, why would they be "combating" the recent rule change ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 24 Oct - 3:29

No 7&1/2 wrote:I don't know collapse he seems to want to discuss something while insinuating I'm saying something I'm not. We'll get to his point soon I've no doubt.

Nope, my point is, and has always been the same. It is you who keeps denying the fact that the NH clubs and unions are actively going out looking for overseas players to become qualified.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 24 Oct - 3:30

No 7&1/2 wrote:Oh re reading your post do you mean whether picking players like heinz is right or wrong? If that's the case yes as long as it's within the rules it's ok. But neither heinz or woodward are residency players

Nobody is saying any rules are being broken.

I am asking if you think it's right, something you keep avoiding to answer. You just will not admit it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 24 Oct - 3:31

Just a note on claiming a player qualifies through ancestry.

That is a laugh, all it justifies is exemption from the three year residency period.

Because their grandaddies lived in the UK before moving to the SH.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 24 Oct - 3:38

Oh I didn't say there wasn't any of that going on. I said the rfu don't work with the club's to do that. Other unions do look to maximise their residency based players and seek those qualifying through lineage.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 24 Oct - 3:39

I didn't say you were claiming rules were being broken lord. As saying as long as the rules are adhered to I have no problem. I answered in th previous post as you can clearly see.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 24 Oct - 3:40

Rules is rules biltong. A lot on here would certainly agree that grandparents shouldn't be counted.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 24 Oct - 3:49

No 7&1/2 wrote:Guess the carpet shop is shut for the day.

You mean the empire doesn't run itself?!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 24 Oct - 3:56

Collapse2005 wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Well if you bow to my superior knowledge then you should also accept there is a difference in buying developed talent and developing talent, the former being poaching and the latter being development.

Both the NZ players I mentioned came to the attention of NZ sides after they played a match there at which point they were offered a contract or scholarship to come play in NZ. Im pretty sure you are applying double standards Billtong.

Most of the Irish players from overseas were developed in part in Ireland,  even Joe Schmidt has coached at all levels in Ireland before getting the top job. Its not like he was coaching the All Blacks before Ireland swooped in to buy him out of his contract with big bucks.

Ireland have 5 players born and raised overseas NZ have 5. Dont see a big difference.

The difference is we dont buy fully fledged seasoned professional All Black quality players. Your lot do, by the truckload, and you still need the coaches to coach them, so buy them as well. Gotta be pretty thick to not see the difference between fifita moving to nz and cruden going north.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 24 Oct - 4:11

Youre clearly the thick one. Cruden is already NZ capped so cant play for any other countries. He is just a money grabber. I think the topic of conversation is over your head as usual.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 24 Oct - 4:14

Biltong wrote:Just a note on claiming a player qualifies through ancestry.

That is a laugh, all it justifies is exemption from the three year residency period.

Because their grandaddies lived in the UK before moving to the SH.

Most IQ players are qualified through parents.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 24 Oct - 5:49

Collapse2005 wrote:Youre clearly the thick one. Cruden is already NZ capped so cant play for any other countries. He is just a money grabber. I think the topic of conversation is over your head as usual.

Geez you have to have things spelt out. Cruden, Nacewa etc are buys to bolster NH club title chances, not International. There are hundreds of those in the pro era, youve given a few kids names who had not earned a dollar playing rugby. Shields is England using his parents minimal residence to ‘buy’ a NZ seasoned professional that has already won titles in the toughest non test comp to bolster their own chances.

Your examples are not of established test or near test quality professionals being bought off the shelf for whatever reason they can find to get them...residence, not good enough for the ABs, semi retired...whatever. Youll take em, cos youre desperate as a whole. The general trend in the pro era is to lend heavily on SH rugby resources. Using examples to explain why grass is green makes the argument redundant, unless you dont get it...yet here we are, using examples.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 24 Oct - 5:59

Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Youre clearly the thick one. Cruden is already NZ capped so cant play for any other countries. He is just a money grabber. I think the topic of conversation is over your head as usual.

Geez you have to have things spelt out. Cruden, Nacewa etc are buys to bolster NH club title chances, not International. There are hundreds of those in the pro era, youve given a few kids names who had not earned a dollar playing rugby. Shields is England using his parents minimal residence to ‘buy’ a NZ seasoned professional that has already won titles in the toughest non test comp to bolster their own chances.

Your examples are not of established test or near test quality professionals being bought off the shelf for whatever reason they can find to get them...residence, not good enough for the ABs, semi retired...whatever. Youll take em, cos youre desperate as a whole. The general trend in the pro era is to lend heavily on SH rugby resources. Using examples to explain why grass is green makes the argument redundant, unless you dont get it...yet here we are, using examples.

Set up a different thread to discuss the tangent you are wandering off on.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 24 Oct - 6:20

Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Set up a different thread to discuss the tangent you are wandering off on.

Excuse me? From out of the blue you wander off on this-

‘With Tongan, Samoan and Fijian guys like Shannon Frizell, Nepo Laulala, Vaea Fifita, Ofa Tu'ungafasi and Waisake Naholo in the NZ squad are NZ at risk of becoming an South Sea Islander Barbarian side? Or is it just a case of business as usual?’

Now you get shown up its off tangent? Nice one. No idea as usual.

Besides, I just have to look at every club and International side in Europe and theres a plethora of Baa baas sides.pluck one out and look at Exeters line up: argies, italians, pac islanders, kiwis, ozzies, South Africans etc.

How on earth one expects to develop players locally when such a large cut of your playing finances and time blending them into one style are Spent on overseas players and coaches.

Some are worse than others but its become a bit of a laughing stock. Claiming youre getting better when at its core is buying huge amounts of the very lot you claim to be better than.

Thats just wrong, and it will come crmbling down sooner or later for sure.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21