The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS WORCESTERSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+7
JDizzle
Good Golly I'm Olly
chichestersurreyfan
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
James100
jimbobgooner
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SURREY VS WORCESTERSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS WORCESTERSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 09 Sep 2018, 2:33 pm

Surrey have named a 13-man squad for the Specsavers County Championship match with Worcestershire, starting at New Road on Monday 10 September.
All twelve of the squad that featured in last week’s win at Essex – after Ollie Pope was called up by England and replaced by Ryan Patel – are again in this squad.
They are joined by Jade Dernbach who has recovered from a groin injury picked up in the August victory over Lancashire. Smile
Jason Roy is still unavailable Rolling Eyes
There is no place in the squad for Gareth Batty, Arun Harinath, Stuart Meaker or Jamie Smith.
FULL SQUAD:
Rory Burns (captain)
Rikki Clarke
Tom Curran
Jade Dernbach
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Conor McKerr
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
For me Dernbach for McKerr would be the only change from the team that started against Essex.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WORCESTERSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS WORCESTERSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by James100 Sun 09 Sep 2018, 3:55 pm

Agree, Patel and McKerr to miss out.

Roy still out and no word on how serious this injury is suggests it could be very bad indeed.

James100

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WORCESTERSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS WORCESTERSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Sun 09 Sep 2018, 8:45 pm

Agree on the likely eleven.

The Roy situation is odd. Not playing at all but snippets from social media suggests he's out and about doing fine.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 09 Sep 2018, 8:52 pm

Agree with JImbob and James on likely line up. Although I wouldn't be totally surprised if Mckerr played instead of Dernbach as he had excellent figures in both innings against Notts and also took a couple of wickets in the Essex first innings (albeit a bit expensive).

Corporal weather forecasting notices the weather could be gloomy on Tuesday - more likely to affect Worcester than Southampton (where Somerset are playing) - and Wednesday could see some patchy rain.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 10 Sep 2018, 10:06 am

team as expected

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 10 Sep 2018, 10:10 am

Worcestershire win toss and bat

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Mon 10 Sep 2018, 10:32 am

It seems very odd to be thinking about cricket...currently on holiday in the Orkney’s where it is very windy and a wee bit wet..still...come on Surrey!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Sep 2018, 10:56 am

Yep Roy was pictured at The Oval yesterday and there was no clear facial injury - to be honest at the moment, he's not particularly needed...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 10 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

Worcs 40/1 in the 15th. Virdi on first change - interesting, particularly as he hasn't always bowled first innings.

Important we don't regard this game as already won against the bottom team.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Sep 2018, 12:05 pm

Sounds like good cricket this morning - decent batting conditions, but Surrey bowling tightly. Was also intrigued by Virdi bowling first change - that coupled with Worcester's (and clearly Surrey's) desire to bat first...maybe spin will play a big part as the game progresses?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Sep 2018, 3:26 pm

Compared to the other scores around the country today, Worcester are going ok here - although Surrey are chipping away.

To be honest, with Surrey's title win all but in the bag now - I wouldn't mind seeing Worcester do well this week. Good club, good team, would like to see them retain Div One status next season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 10 Sep 2018, 3:33 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Compared to the other scores around the country today, Worcester are going ok here - although Surrey are chipping away.

To be honest, with Surrey's title win all but in the bag now - I wouldn't mind seeing Worcester do well this week. Good club, good team, would like to see them retain Div One status next season

Just to throw in - rather oddly given the table placings of the two sides, Worcs are the only team Surrey haven't beaten in the Championship this season.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 10 Sep 2018, 4:52 pm

Worcs battling hard to keep their unbeaten record - at least against Surrey! They're 234/5 in the 80th. By some way, the best score in the top division. Whiteley approaching a ton.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 10 Sep 2018, 5:52 pm

287 -6 just coming up to the close. Must be a bit doubtful whether Surrey will get a 3rd bowling point.  But the two points secured, along with the 5 batting points not achieved by Somerset, are all moving us in the right direction.

Meanwhile, looks fairly likely that in Surrey's match a bit of time may be lost to the weather tomorrow and, perhaps more so, on weds.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 10 Sep 2018, 6:07 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:287 -6 just coming up to the close. Must be a bit doubtful whether Surrey will get a 3rd bowling point.  But the two points secured, along with the 5 batting points not achieved by Somerset, are all moving us in the right direction.

Meanwhile, looks fairly likely that in Surrey's match a bit of time may be lost to the weather tomorrow and, perhaps more so, on weds.

It doesn't look as if Hants' first innings lead over Somerset will be that big at Southampton. As that game has moved on so quickly, it seems there'll be a positive result there with Somerset taking 19 points or 3 - hopefully for us and Jimbo H the latter! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 10 Sep 2018, 8:01 pm

The main man Ed Barnard in the runs again for Worcs. Against an excellent Surrey attack too. There isn’t a more underrated cricketer in County Cricket at the moment in my totally biased opinion - and I have been banging on about it all year, and he is up to 7 now, but he is a top six bat in this Worcs side.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 10 Sep 2018, 8:10 pm

Do try and see Rikki Clarke's slip catch of Joe Clarke on the highlights. clap clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 10 Sep 2018, 8:12 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Do try and see Rikki Clarke's slip catch of Joe Clarke on the highlights. clap clap

For anyone looking: https://twitter.com/worcsccc/status/1039133599730155520?s=21

Buckets.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 11 Sep 2018, 10:42 am

Weather not looking fantastic here today chaps, currently lashing it down. I'd be surprised if there's much play until at least this afternoon.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Sep 2018, 2:19 pm

Worcs 336 all out - Curran with another fine bowling performance, and Surrey did manage to pickup all 3 bowling points. Good total for Worcs too - who really shouldn't be losing this game from this position at the very least...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Sep 2018, 2:47 pm

Parnell gets Stoneman and Elgar in consecutive balls - and Surrey are in a little bit of bother for the first time in a while in the red ball stuff...

Big chance Messers Burns and Pope to show the selectors their credentials here...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 11 Sep 2018, 3:32 pm

Surrey 36 - 2 at tea. Meanwhile the Somerset match is rushing towards a conclusion well inside two dasy, with Hants needing just 28 to win with 7 wickets in hand.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 11 Sep 2018, 3:59 pm

Surrey 73 -2, with Pope and Burns currently rebuilding the innings after that awful start.

In other news, Hants need 3 runs to beat Somerset. In which event, Surrey will be very, very close to the title.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 11 Sep 2018, 4:20 pm

Dropping Pope on 0(According to the Worcs twitter, no idea how easy/difficult a chance it was) not looking too clever

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Tue 11 Sep 2018, 5:32 pm

Anyone know what's up with Foakes? Jacks and Clarke both in ahead of him.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm

Church says he’s not feeling well James
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Tue 11 Sep 2018, 5:50 pm

Cheers Olly

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 11 Sep 2018, 6:21 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Church says he’s not feeling well James

According to the Supporters' Club, Foakes has got the runs - but only off the pitch! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Tue 11 Sep 2018, 7:48 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

According to the Supporters' Club, Foakes has got the runs - but only off the pitch! Wink

Yoicks!...let’s hope we can see some runs from Foakes on the pitch tomorrow...just a small part of me hopes we lose against Worcestershire and then get the points we need against Somerset...I’ve always had a soft spot for Worcestershire...and have always wanted to get to the ground...I am reliably told by a friend that if you stay at the Premier Inn at Worcester...in I think it was room 15 or so, you get an amazing view right over the ground!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 11 Sep 2018, 10:32 pm

More runs (!) from Burns today - hope we can keep any first innings deficit to under 50.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 12:23 am

guildfordbat wrote:

oh yeah Sorry

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 12:25 am

safe to say third degree is going to sri lanka Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:51 am

Pope will be keeping second innings, with Foakes not well enough to take the field
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:51 am

Rats! Surrey all out for 268 as the final 3 wickets go in an instant.

Worcs have a lead of 68. I don't like that. Similar to the Corporal and as Church has been banging on about this morning, we wanted to keep ''in touching distance''. I'm not sure our total manages that.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:53 am

Corporal - what are the latest chances of a bit of weather helping us out today or tomorrow?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:55 am

guildfordbat wrote:Rats! Surrey all out for 268 as the final 3 wickets go in an instant.

Worcs have a lead of 68. I don't like that. Similar to the Corporal and as Church has been banging on about this morning, we wanted to keep ''in touching distance''. I'm not sure our total manages that.

It does setup an intriguing contest however - how will Worcs approach this third innings? Especially as this morning Joe Clarke was off the field with a back spasm, makes you think he probably won't bat.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 12:09 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Rats! Surrey all out for 268 as the final 3 wickets go in an instant.

It does setup an intriguing contest however - how will Worcs approach this third innings? Especially as this morning Joe Clarke was off the field with a back spasm, makes you think he probably won't bat.

Yep, there are due to be 104 overs today though so Worcs don't need to go hell for leather from the start.

Foakes not fully recovered and so Pope keeps.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 12:25 pm

Off the top of my head, I reckon that at this stage Worcs will be looking to set us about 340 and declare to give us about 4 overs tonight.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 3:02 pm

saving our worse performance for the bottom side Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 12 Sep 2018, 3:09 pm

Jason Roy is the sub fielder - suggests he wasn't picked rather than being unavailable?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 3:15 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Jason Roy is the sub fielder - suggests he wasn't picked rather than being unavailable?
shocking if that is the case mad
no one will tell me jacks or patel deserve to start in front of him warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:19 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Off the top of my head, I reckon that at this stage Worcs will be looking to set us about 340 and declare to give us about 4 overs tonight.

This could still be on. Worcs currently 184/5, leading by 252. 33 overs left in the day. Add a further 90 by batting another 27, lose 2 for the change over and give us 4. We'll see . Could bowl 'em out first!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:27 pm

Clarke in at 8
and goes straight away Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:31 pm

That leave by Barnard Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:33 pm

5 wkts for morkel clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:34 pm

and the 50th in the championship notworthy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:38 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Off the top of my head, I reckon that at this stage Worcs will be looking to set us about 340 and declare to give us about 4 overs tonight.

This could still be on. Worcs currently 184/5, leading by 252. 33 overs left in the day. Add a further 90 by batting another 27, lose 2 for the change over and give us 4. We'll see . Could bowl 'em out first!

It ain't on now! 3 wickets in 3 overs possibly put the ball back in our court.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:53 pm

Morkel so far in this innings:
17-8-24-5.

Seriously good.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 12 Sep 2018, 5:02 pm

272 to win this will not be easy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Sep 2018, 5:05 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:272 to win this will not be easy

JimBob - correct but a lot better than it looked an hour or so ago.

20 overs to bat tonight. They could well decide who wins.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next