The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Hibbz
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
10 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Happy New Year 2019 everyone!

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 11 Oct 2018, 10:01 am

Second fist for me.

I have no idea what flipper is up to as I my work blocks a lot of images...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu 11 Oct 2018, 10:13 am

Nice artwork Flipper. That should be our national flag. A proper banana republic.

Going by your way... sort of... early tomorrow. Visiting the Rome: City and Empire exhibition and checking out latest developments in Canberra with the family. We usually stop at Goulburn for breakfast. It's an old family tradition (or unexplainable habit) to go to this "70s type" cafe called The Paragon. Probably new owners now?  We'll see.

I'll look out in your direction on the way home but I don't think we'll be stopping at any lookouts above Wollongong.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 11 Oct 2018, 10:14 am

Galted wrote:Appreciate the thought but I haven't worn Hi-Tecs since I ruined my last pair walking through the sea off Corfu. I wear Rockports now.

Fixed for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Oct 2018, 10:26 am

Pal Joey wrote:Nice artwork Flipper. That should be our national flag. A proper banana republic.

Going by your way... sort of... early tomorrow. Visiting the Rome: City and Empire exhibition and checking out latest developments in Canberra with the family. We usually stop at Goulburn for breakfast. It's an old family tradition (or unexplainable habit) to go to this "70s type" cafe called The Paragon. Probably new owners now?  We'll see.

I'll look out in your direction on the way home but I don't think we'll be stopping at any lookouts above Wollongong.

I drove from the Gong to Melbourne last weekend, it's not a real eye-catching route. We planned to drive the coast, take in some places with penguins and seals, but the weather was such that we decided not to do a 13 hour route and just go the quickest way. The stop is Gundagai was not enthralling, we also skipped the chance to see the "Dog on a Tuckerbox." This country has some weird sights. Melbourne, however, is excellent. 

I have been to Golbourn, only to stop, and see the Big Merino. That was on the way to Canberra, so this is the first conversation about places that has made sense to me. Don't mind Canberra, the people I know who live there are pretty negative, well negative by being so lacking in positives rather than outright negatives. Think it's alright myself, the War Memorial is a good trip.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 11 Oct 2018, 10:34 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Appreciate the thought but I haven't worn Hi-Tecs since I ruined my last pair walking through the sea off Corfu. I wear Rockports now.

Fixed for you.

Magnificent. I want to buy a shoe like that one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 11 Oct 2018, 11:01 am

Realise I am now late to the party, but I like the new black for CC tag.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 11 Oct 2018, 12:05 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Nice artwork Flipper. That should be our national flag. A proper banana republic.

I drove from the Gong to Melbourne last weekend, it's not a real eye-catching route. We planned to drive the coast, take in some places with penguins and seals, but the weather was such that we decided not to do a 13 hour route and just go the quickest way. The stop is Gundagai was not enthralling, we also skipped the chance to see the "Dog on a Tuckerbox." This country has some weird sights. Melbourne, however, is excellent. 

I have been to Golbourn, only to stop, and see the Big Merino. That was on the way to Canberra, so this is the first conversation about places that has made sense to me. Don't mind Canberra, the people I know who live there are pretty negative, well negative by being so lacking in positives rather than outright negatives. Think it's alright myself, the War Memorial is a good trip.

The weather has been miserable but it's much needed rain. Things were pretty dry up until recently.

I had some guests stay from Melbourne who said everything was so lush and green in Victoria but as soon as you cross the border... NSW is bone dry... just brown dirt. Hopefully some crops can now grow. I've been to those big things. Drive by the big merino tomorrow.

Did you hear about the Leyland Bros. Ayres Rock road diner/kitch tourism place burning down a few years back? That place would never be allowed to be built today. The two brothers poured millions of $ back in the early 90s into that.

https://timalderman.com/2015/09/17/australian-icons-leyland-brothers-world-karuha-nsw/

Same as you with Canberra. I quite like touring around there. Know a few people but this is a quick day trip... plan to get back home around 6pm.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 12 Oct 2018, 7:42 am

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Issue-of-marvel-premiere-15-the-first-appearance-of-iron-fist

Wa gawaan?

Morning

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Oct 2018, 8:24 am

Morning, black rick of the fist of iron

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 12 Oct 2018, 8:28 am

Hello, mate, how goes the Green Grammar Gent from the South?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Oct 2018, 9:22 am

Midlands. I'm not some southern softie like Galted, constantly weather-proofing himself.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 12 Oct 2018, 9:47 am

Anything south of Sheffield is "Southern" to me, super will probably tell you it is Berwick. Galted doesn't have a leg to stand on, and as for PJ...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 12 Oct 2018, 10:42 am

As for me. I'm way too far south. I even went a little further south today.

We had a great day in Canberra although it was very cool and overcast. It felt windy like NZ. I had a few layers on which is unusual here in spring. The land looks great after some rain. Very lush and green now. There was a very autobahn feel driving along in the rain whizzing past the pine forests near Belanglo - where the backpacker murderer Ivan Milat did his work.

However no water in Lake George... still a mystery.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:11 am

Aliens stole the water.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:21 am

Freddy Starr ate my hamster.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Oct 2018, 11:57 am

A bit overcast here, not sure whether to take the Goretex, the Wolfskin or the Superdry. The decision is likely to be pivotal regarding my enjoyment of the day so I will take my time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Oct 2018, 12:39 pm

Pissing down here. I'm going to take a jacket and just get on with my life, instead of farting around.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 12 Oct 2018, 12:40 pm

Pissing down here also, not even bothering with a jacket.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Oct 2018, 1:45 pm

Went with the Goretex. Didn’t rain in the end but was quite breezy which vindicated my selection.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 15 Oct 2018, 7:43 am

It'sa morning feast...

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Chefs-christmas-feast

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

Sickened.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:04 am

Very good wordplay so far this morning. This post should lower the standard a bit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:07 am

Galted wrote:Very good wordplay so far this morning. This post should lower the standard a bit.

Turd.

What do you think of your new banner? I think it's very you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:10 am

I hadn't noticed but, now that I have, I am quite thrilled and impressed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:13 am

Did anyone watch Pal Joey yesterday?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:23 am

I can't see the banners, hopefully the next place will have unrestricted access to all pictures on the web.

What is the worst that can happen?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Did anyone watch Pal Joey yesterday?

If you're talking about the attack on the family I saw the headline and forgot about it. Must've caught them using his pool without permission.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:30 am

rick_dagless wrote:I can't see the banners, hopefully the next place will have unrestricted access to all pictures on the web.

What is the worst that can happen?

Your family could be attacked by a ferocious Pal Joey.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:44 am

Galted wrote:

If you're talking about the attack on the family I saw the headline and forgot about it. Must've caught them using his pool without permission.

No, I'm talking about the Frank Sinatra film that was on the TV.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Oct 2018, 11:20 am

I watch it every day.

Did you enjoy it Jules?

Paljoeypalindrome

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Oct 2018, 11:23 am

I didn't watch it Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Oct 2018, 11:37 am

To be honest, I'd never heard of it before, so it was interesting to see where you got your moniker from. Why that film?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:44 pm

It's a play on names and it was also the film quoted by a nurse when I was born. Sort of a nickname I suppose.
The film must have had an impact on her because this was well into the late 60s. The film was 1957 I think.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 16 Oct 2018, 10:44 am

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Faust10

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Oct 2018, 1:38 pm

Very high-brow fisting. I’m Gounod give it 5/5.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Oct 2018, 6:49 am

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 215r2c

Morning, cuppers.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 17 Oct 2018, 8:22 am

Morning rick. That's certainly one in the eye for Jimmy Sommerville.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Oct 2018, 8:31 am

He probably deserves it, Jules, how go the mid lands?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 17 Oct 2018, 8:51 am

It's the dress rehearsal tonight for my big show. Premiere is tomorrow with the Mayor of Solihull and her consort in attendance.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Oct 2018, 9:13 am

Exciting times indeed, you all set or are nerves kicking in?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 17 Oct 2018, 9:18 am

A few nerves. I'm the producer and one of the writers, so my work is pretty much done, apart from helping to move the sets in between each of the 5 short plays being performed - what could possibly go wrong? Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Oct 2018, 9:20 am

I am sure it will all go swimmingly and once the tabs part it will be seamless...

The most celebrity thing we have seen on the CC.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 17 Oct 2018, 10:41 am

Hope it all goes well, Jules. I'd never write off anything with you running the show.
Had a quick look at the site... nice work!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Oct 2018, 10:47 am

We have just received this month's snack box, and it is Russian... No novichok symptoms yet, or at least for the new guy in the team who we made open it.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 17 Oct 2018, 10:54 am

So glad you're not the official taster, Rick. Best give it 10-15 minutes just to see how the new guy goes.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Oct 2018, 11:33 am

He is still hanging on, I will provide updates...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 17 Oct 2018, 11:57 am

I'm about to eat a ready meal with a Best Before date of yesterday. Should I be worried?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 17 Oct 2018, 12:13 pm

No... just eat it. As long as it has been stored properly it will be fine.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 17 Oct 2018, 12:25 pm

Not sure. I dug it out of next door's bin.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 17 Oct 2018, 1:18 pm

I’m very opinionated when it comes to the arts so if you need anyone to hurl abuse at the actors let me know.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next