Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:36 pm

Re Sterling, he’s got more PL assists than any English player in the last year, 3rd most of anyone. As well as a shedload of goals, what a poopie player he is!!
Could this be it for Jose, I certainly hope so.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:45 pm

Diggers wrote:
Could this be it for Jose, I certainly hope so.
Me too.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:59 pm

That a weird back 5, least I assume that’s what’s he’s playing, I’m not watching. Young at right back?

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:33 pm

No idea and I am not sure the players knew what was meant to be going on.  I am never convinced by "big" teams that have to resort to a back five anyway.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:49 pm

McLaren wrote:
Diggers wrote:
Could this be it for Jose, I certainly hope so.
Me too.

Who do you suggest Mac? They're a million miles off winning the league and have a bunch of average players, so wouldn't a new manager just maintain current mediocrity?

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:51 pm

They also have some excellent players who he can’t get to play for him. Wherever he goes he loses the players at some point, plus he’s a tactical dinosaur.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:21 pm

Another goal and assist from the hapless Raheem.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:23 pm

No one is saying he's hapless Diggers, he's just a bit of a plank.

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:37 pm

Seems like a perfectly good kid to me. Trains hard, doesn’t get into trouble like some, really popular with team mates, absolutely fantastic footballer. Let’s all give him stick, how terribly British.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:50 pm

People give stick to people from all over the world.

Sterling hasn't helped himself with some of the things he does/has done, such as his hilariously stupid tattoo and abject England performances but I haven't seen anyone claim he isn't a decent footballer, not as good as people say he is, but pretty decent.

It's rather ironic that you say it's "terribly British" to give stick to someone (as if you should be relentlessly positive about them) when you are constantly having a go at someone like Poulter or Garcia. A tad hypocritical isn't it? Now, that's pretty British.

You can't like everyone, and Sterling is someone who divides opinion with good reason, doesn't mean you have to be nice about him all the time just because he happens to be better than average at a sport. Plenty footballers are just as good who live a much quieter life and cause less controversy (Milner would be a perfect example as would Mac's love Carrick, Andy Robertson, Kompany etc)





super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:58 pm

Super just can't quite articulate, or chooses not to, why he doesn't like a British sports person who embraces a bit more black culture than you get in middle class Scottish circles.  Not the first time we have been here.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:09 pm

Mac, stop using your confirmation bias in an argument as it only makes you look like an idiot.

You can't give a single example of anything which even implies I'm even remotely racist.

I've actually never even said I dislike Sterling. I've said he runs in a stupid fashion and that he has some questionable tattoos and has performed poorly for his home country.

I make comments about sportspeople from every background, so do yourself a favour and stop using your own baseless opinion to suggest someone is something they are not. You're the one who can't express himself properly because you've demonstrated your complete inability to infer context and your comprehension is awful.

You're right, we have been here before, and it's always ended badly for people throwing around accusations of racism without good reason.

So be my guest, find something I have said which is racist or even implies it.

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:12 pm

Super

I am not saying you are outright racist just that you don't seem to warm to sportspeople like Tiger, Serena, Hamilton or Sterling.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:24 pm

super_realist wrote:People give stick to people from all over the world.

Sterling hasn't helped himself with some of the things he does/has done, such as his hilariously stupid tattoo and abject England performances but I haven't seen anyone claim he isn't a decent footballer, not as good as people say he is, but pretty decent.

It's rather ironic that you say it's "terribly British" to give stick to someone (as if you should be relentlessly positive about them) when you are constantly having a go at someone like Poulter or Garcia. A tad hypocritical isn't it? Now, that's pretty British.

You can't like everyone, and Sterling is someone who divides opinion with good reason, doesn't mean you have to be nice about him all the time just because he happens to be better than average at a sport. Plenty footballers  are just as good who live a much quieter life and cause less controversy (Milner would be a perfect example as would Mac's love Carrick, Andy Robertson, Kompany etc)


Why should him getting a tattoo cause any controversy or have anything to do with you? Is that it, that’s why he should divide opinion? What an utter crock. The fact you think his performances were hapless just show again you have no idea about team play or what actually makes a player good. Let’s be absolutely clear about this, on these boards you wrote off a player as a complete waste of money (he was about 21 then), a player who has provided goals and assists and is a key player in a fantastic side. Yet another dazzling Super Realist football prediction that was eh!! Go on, deny that’s true.
I don’t like Poulter because he bigs himself up to be more then he is, I’ve never heard Sterling do that. If Woods has beaten his chest on his European badge the way Poults did you’d be having a complete hissy fit about his lack of class. Garcia is Spanish so am just assuming you’ve literally lost the plot there. I have absolutely no more interest in a Spanish golfer than an American golfer in terms of inclination for them to succeed. Neitger should you judging by your bleating about Nadal when he bites a trophy.




Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:31 pm

Sterlings tattoo has nothing to do with me, but it's an ugly, stupid and tasteless thing to put on your body. Am I not allowed an opinion on that? Just as Pickford's tattoo is ugly, stupid and tasteless.

I agree that I find Poulter's chest beating to be irritating, and I've made no secret of the fact that he can be a bell end.

I realise that Garcia is Spanish, but your point was the fact that it is British to pick on successful people, who cares if Garcia is from London, Madrid or Timbuctu, it's exactly the same to pick on him as it is to pick on Sterling, or are you being hypocritical again by suggesting you can only comment on people and make negative remarks about them if they don't share the same nationality as you Diggers?

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:44 pm

So not man enough to admit your Sterling prediction, what a surprise.
Of course people can have a go at anyone, as long as it’s justifiable. It’s harder to find footballers without tattoos than with them, but Sterling’s gets picked out. I see no reason whatsoever for Sterling getting the stick he receives.
Again, I’ve made it clear why I dislike Garcia. Gobbing in a hole did it for me on top of the sulky woe is me attitude he can have.
The fact is you never mentioned Poulter chest beating, you would have done for other players, we all know who, in a heartbeat. You don’t apply the same standards, and that’s what makes you a hypocrite.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 8:04 am

What is there to dislike about raheem sterling? Rarely gives interviews. Apart from weird football fans who hate players of certain teams, the guy is easy to have no real issue with. Brilliant footballer. 4 goals this season already, so well on the way to get over 15 which was sr barometer I think.

It did make me laugh that tiger makes a comment walking to the tee and gets called up on it, yet all tge euros make ott actions without being called out. You can't have an.issue with one and not the other.


beninho

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 8:33 am

Diggers wrote:So not man enough to admit your Sterling prediction, what a surprise.
Of course people can have a go at anyone, as long as it’s justifiable. It’s harder to find footballers without tattoos than with them, but Sterling’s gets picked out. I see no reason whatsoever for Sterling getting the stick he receives.
Again, I’ve made it clear why I dislike Garcia. Gobbing in a hole did it for me on top of the sulky woe is me attitude he can have.
The fact is you never mentioned Poulter chest beating, you would have done for other players, we all know who, in a heartbeat. You don’t apply the same standards, and that’s what makes you a hypocrite.

I can't recall making a prediction about Sterling other than saying I thought the transfer fee was too high, similar as I said for Kyle Walker.  

I actually don't see Sterling getting much stick anyway, do you? In what ways is he given stick other than he's got an ugly tattoo and runs like a Duncan Norvelle. Isn't it a bit oversensitive to claim that as "stick"? Isn't it just an observation?

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 8:50 am

McLaren wrote:Super

I am not saying you are outright racist just that you don't seem to warm to sportspeople like Tiger, Serena, Hamilton or Sterling.

I've never said anything derogatory about Williams apart from she was completely out of order for her recent outburst, which she demonstrably was.

Hamilton is just a jerk and there's plenty of examples of this, Woods is unlikeable in just about every way, and I've never said anything bad about Sterling other than he's over-priced, over-rated, runs with a mincing gait and has a stupid tattoo, which are not actually that bad. None of which has anything to do with ethnicity.

How about the ethnicity of Shane Lowry, Rev Spieth, Joey Barton, Zach Johnson, Conor McGregor, Rizla Johnson, Baghdad, Florida etc, or did you just forget about all the comments I've ever made about them.

You're looking for me to be racist, because you think it puts you above me, and you'd love to have something against me, but I'm simply consistent that I'm not overly fond of certain sports people. You can't find anything which points to it being due to any latent racism. The fact that you look for racism in every statement I make probably makes you more of a closet racist than I am to begin with. I don't have to look for race to pick up on a reason to dislike someone. If they're unlikeable, they're just unlikeable.

You've said a lot worse about people than I ever have (Westwood looking like he has downs syndrome, which is pretty disgraceful). That's a lot worse than saying Hamilton is a jerk or Woods is a miserable git.

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 9:18 am

super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:So not man enough to admit your Sterling prediction, what a surprise.
Of course people can have a go at anyone, as long as it’s justifiable. It’s harder to find footballers without tattoos than with them, but Sterling’s gets picked out. I see no reason whatsoever for Sterling getting the stick he receives.
Again, I’ve made it clear why I dislike Garcia. Gobbing in a hole did it for me on top of the sulky woe is me attitude he can have.
The fact is you never mentioned Poulter chest beating, you would have done for other players, we all know who, in a heartbeat. You don’t apply the same standards, and that’s what makes you a hypocrite.

I can't recall making a prediction about Sterling other than saying I thought the transfer fee was too high, similar as I said for Kyle Walker.  

I actually don't see Sterling getting much stick anyway, do you? In what ways is he given stick other than he's got an ugly tattoo and runs like a Duncan Norvelle. Isn't it a bit oversensitive to claim that as "stick"? Isn't it just an observation?

Just shows you see what you want to see and remember what you want to remember. Piece on him last night on MOTD, talking about the end product, his strength (remember your comments on that?). To call one the most consistent Premier League players decent is just plain plank like.
People say anyone could score goals in that City side. Well, the reason it’s so easy to play in that side is BECAUSE of players like Sterling unselfishly making space, constantly making clever runs, holding off players, beating players, making assists and scoring goals.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 9:26 am

Diggers, I guarantee 100% that you can't remember every single thing you've ever written on this board. Don't be such a moron and expect me to remember everything I've ever written. It isn't possible for you or I, so don't pretend that I should. If you want to accuse me of something, then find the example.

I remember saying he went down too easily, and there's plenty evidence of him going over like he's just been hit by Graham Souness when in fact he's been tackled by Julian Clary.

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 9:31 am

Think you said he wouldn't get more then 15 goals this season. He alreadys has 4. But you also accepted a bet that palace would go down. Have you donated to the snp yet?

Can you post the clips of sterling diving when not fouled?

beninho

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 9:31 am

Yep, it’s all fake news.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by wiretapper on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 3:20 pm

In his last 39 Premier League matches, Sterling has scored or assisted 35 goals. Statistics aren’t everything, but it would be remiss to point out that – over the same time period – Sterling’s total is 11 higher than Eden Hazard, 19 higher than Alexis Sanchez and 21 higher than Mesut Ozil. He’s good, you know.

wiretapper

Posts : 392
Join date : 2016-07-20
Location : Location : Location

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by raycastleunited on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:36 pm

I think Sterling is a great player. I remember when Liverpool signed him from QPR as a 15 year old (I think QPR have now made £7m from that deal) and since then he has always had to deal with ridiculously high expectations.

However, (in my opinion) it is fair to crack jokes about his lack of international goals. Although he played well during the World Cup, he just does not seem to be able to convert enough when wearing an England shirt. He's not the first England player who looks good at club level then has zero confidence as soon as they hear God Save the Queen.

raycastleunited

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 01 Oct 2018, 9:08 pm

Fair enough, Ray. If he keeps on playing as he is then they should build England around him (and Kane) whatever it takes to give him the freedom, because he is electric at the minute. He’s one of the few English players I’ve seen who could go into a Bayern or a Barca (right now) and improve them, he has exactly the right kind of game.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Wed 03 Oct 2018, 2:01 pm

They already had to change the FIFA 19 front cover art once when Cristiano went from Real to Juve but I wonder if another change might need to be made pretty soon?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/02/cristiano-ronaldo-r***-allegation-police-investigation

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/01/cristiano-ronaldo-accuser-spells-out-claims-in-magazine


His accuser seems to have a credible story given that there exists a legal document where he confirmed she told him not to have sex with her and that she asked him to stop once he forced himself upon her.  I have no idea if a questionnaire filed in by your own lawyer can be used in public or whether that remains privileged but the legal case aside it seems like he did r*** her.

It makes you think how tame Tigers troubles really were when we see how other men in positions of power have abused that position.  Tiger didn't act morally with respect to his wife but he essentially had a string of consenting sexual relationships.  

I doubt the lawyers of any pro golfers read this board so lets speculate on which golfer is most likely to have a #metoo scandal?

I will go for Paul McGinley.  He has that slightly pathetic man look about him where even his wallet couldn't make a woman bang him, so when he see's the more eligible Europeans like Stenson effortlessly bedding women he would feel the need to take matters into his own desperate hands.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster on Wed 03 Oct 2018, 2:57 pm

McLaren wrote:They already had to change the FIFA 19 front cover art once when Cristiano went from Real to Juve but I wonder if another change might need to be made pretty soon?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/02/cristiano-ronaldo-r***-allegation-police-investigation

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/01/cristiano-ronaldo-accuser-spells-out-claims-in-magazine


His accuser seems to have a credible story given that there exists a legal document where he confirmed she told him not to have sex with her and that she asked him to stop once he forced himself upon her.  I have no idea if a questionnaire filed in by your own lawyer can be used in public or whether that remains privileged but the legal case aside it seems like he did r*** her.

It makes you think how tame Tigers troubles really were when we see how other men in positions of power have abused that position.  Tiger didn't act morally with respect to his wife but he essentially had a string of consenting sexual relationships.  

I doubt the lawyers of any pro golfers read this board so lets speculate on which golfer is most likely to have a #metoo scandal?

I will go for Paul McGinley.  He has that slightly pathetic man look about him where even his wallet couldn't make a woman bang him, so when he see's the more eligible Europeans like Stenson effortlessly bedding women he would feel the need to take matters into his own desperate hands.

I'd have put you down Mac, but when I re-read it I noted it said "golfers"

drumroll

Roller_Coaster

Posts : 2281
Join date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Wed 03 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm

Roller

Although maybe which 606er is most likely to have committed a #metoo would have been a better premise.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by raycastleunited on Wed 03 Oct 2018, 4:38 pm

Roller Laugh Laugh

That genuinely made me laugh out loud. Bien joué clap

raycastleunited

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 8:07 pm

Any UFC fans on here?

McGreggor v Khabib early hours of Sunday morning.

I find Connor quite entertaining if not a bit over the top.

Am hoping he ko’s Khabib. Could be a tricky fight for him.

Hopefully it’s a good one.

westisbest

Posts : 6968
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm

McLaren wrote:They already had to change the FIFA 19 front cover art once when Cristiano went from Real to Juve but I wonder if another change might need to be made pretty soon?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/02/cristiano-ronaldo-r***-allegation-police-investigation

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/01/cristiano-ronaldo-accuser-spells-out-claims-in-magazine


His accuser seems to have a credible story given that there exists a legal document where he confirmed she told him not to have sex with her and that she asked him to stop once he forced himself upon her.  I have no idea if a questionnaire filed in by your own lawyer can be used in public or whether that remains privileged but the legal case aside it seems like he did r*** her.

It makes you think how tame Tigers troubles really were when we see how other men in positions of power have abused that position.  Tiger didn't act morally with respect to his wife but he essentially had a string of consenting sexual relationships.  

I doubt the lawyers of any pro golfers read this board so lets speculate on which golfer is most likely to have a #metoo scandal?

I will go for Paul McGinley.  He has that slightly pathetic man look about him where even his wallet couldn't make a woman bang him, so when he see's the more eligible Europeans like Stenson effortlessly bedding women he would feel the need to take matters into his own desperate hands.

Has Stenson been playing away from home or is this another thing you've just made up Mac?

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 4:29 pm

Imagine the statement it would make if Man Utd had the nuts to sack the (once great, now shambolic) Jose Mourhino, and put in his place a brilliant young English manager, Eddie Howe.
Never happen, should happen.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 5:56 pm

Diggers

Phil Neville doing well at the moment, could he be another contender?

Hopefully Newcastle can get a few more to really seal Jose's fate.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 5:57 pm

Super

Stenson just seems like he wouldn't struggle to pull.  It was just an example.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 5:57 pm

Cracking Saffers v All Blacks match going on.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 6:07 pm

Bizarre, bizarre positional choices in the Man Utd match. He really must want to get sacked because McTominay is not a centre back, feel for the lad.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 6:39 pm

Strange Mac, how do you know any players (like Stenson) are effortlessly bedding women? I'd imagine most of them would have to try pretty hard to actually make women believe they were sportsmen in the first place and most women wouldn't know the name of any golfers bar a few of the more famous ones.


super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 6:52 pm

Sportsmen like Stenson don’t need to convince anyone, they move in wealthy circles and will be introduced as a a great golfer, so he won’t have any problems pulling when he drives up in his Maserati, plus he’s a good looking bloke. Look at the amount of average looking golfers with pretty wife’s, fairly obvious it helps you bat above your average.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 6:58 pm

Super

I reckon Stenson would do just fine even if he wasn't a top golfer.  Not sure why you are going after this though?
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 7:04 pm

Love sacks, how much time does a comeback buy Jose?
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 7:34 pm

Alexis Sanchez is still alive?

beninho

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 7:48 pm

Blatant handball by Ashley Young when it was still 2 - 0. Incomprehensible that no penalty (or even a corner) was given, and would MU have come back from 3 - 0 down?

Meanwhile, terrible result at FP, all getting too close for comfort at the top of the D1 table . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Posts : 24383
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 8:25 am

Diggers wrote:Sportsmen like Stenson don’t need to convince anyone, they move in wealthy circles and will be introduced as a a great golfer, so he won’t have any problems pulling when he drives up in his Maserati, plus he’s a good looking bloke. Look at the amount of average looking golfers with pretty wife’s, fairly obvious it helps you bat above your average.

Of course that's the case if you're in a position where you're able to flaunt your wealth to vacuous, gold digging bimbos who fall for that sort of thing, but most professional golfers could walk down a female only street and virtually none of them would be recognised.

Of course wealth and fame gets you noticed, and many a woman will overlook ugliness and fatness in favour of wealth and fame but Mac's insinuation was that McGinley couldn't pull women because he's tremendously ugly and "pathetic looking" and might have to resort to force (which is borderline libel), so nothing to do with fame or money, whereas a decent looking fellow like Stenson is according to Mac, pumping at will.

Mac, I'm only going on about this because you seem to have asserted that plenty golfers are pumping women left, right and centre, yet as always, you haven't given any evidence. I've heard rumours about Westwood, McIlroy, Andy Sullivan and a couple of others, but nothing concrete and especially nothing on Stenson, who's been with his wife for something like 20 years.

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 9:39 am

Poor scenes at the end of the Connor Khabib fight.
Embarrassing actually.

Won’t say anymore incase anyone hasn’t seen it who wants to

westisbest

Posts : 6968
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 10:49 am

CM makes Tyson Fury look shy and retiring. Can’t warm to MMA at all.

Diggers

Posts : 8011
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 10:50 am

Diggers wrote:CM makes Tyson Fury look shy and retiring. Can’t warm to UFC at all.

Agreed, stupid "sport" with even more objectionable participants than boxing, and that's going some.

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 11:03 am

Not big on mma, but surely its not bad for the sport,all publicity and all that. Surely no worse them whatever cm pulled off at the hotel in nyc from what I recall reading.

And doesn't cm go all out in the pre fight pressers disrespecting everyone ge fights, no surprise soneone kicked back after beating him.

beninho

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 11:09 am

I don't like MMA, but good to see McGregor get put in his place. Is there a sportsperson more unlikeable than him?

super_realist

Posts : 22127
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 11:52 am

Never have I agreed so much with Super. UFC is just a jerk off fest for mens rights activists.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13236
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum