Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Re Sterling, he’s got more PL assists than any English player in the last year, 3rd most of anyone. As well as a shedload of goals, what a poopie player he is!!
Could this be it for Jose, I certainly hope so.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 9:22 am

super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:I'm not sure why NI plays such a big part of this. It's the smallest and most worthless part of the UK. It brings virtually nothing to the Union except one of the top three worst accents within it.

What's a Cleese lie Diggers? Is that the Ministry of Funny Lies?

On the subject of night's out. I've seen 50 year old teachers on a night out Diggers, doesn't look fun at all.

An undertakers night out would be fun compared to a beer with you. That said, we could spend time chortling about your hilarious football predictions.

Surely preferable to talking about Strictly and X Factor which are your preferred subjects.

One up on casual racism Id say, which is yours.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 9:23 am

Just like Mac and Beninho, you have zero evidence of anything racist I've ever said.

Stick to X-Factor Diggers, that's where your expertise is.

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:00 am

Ok, your not racist. You just come across as one.

beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:23 am

So, brexit deal agreed. No one will be happy, it won't get through parliament. May will have to call an election or resign. Probably be another hung parliament, labour to lead a minority government or a right wing brexiteer leads to tories into a coalition with a swelled number of ukip mps, who have attracted the right wing tory voters and we leave with no deal and the country is fcuked.

Happy days!

beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:28 am

Yep, the X factor. Another thing you mocked...yet still watched enough to be an expert on.
Or we could talk about music...nope, can’t do that, or at least one of us can’t.
Or we could explore your Tiger Woods obsession, a lot of mileage in that conversation.
Nah, football would still be my favourite topic. We must be due another prediction, what’s your latest nonsense?

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:45 am

Diggers wrote:Yep, the X factor. Another thing you mocked...yet still watched enough to be an expert on.
Or we could talk about music...nope, can’t do that, or at least one of us can’t.
Or we could explore your Tiger Woods obsession, a lot of mileage in that conversation.
Nah, football would still be my favourite topic. We must be due another prediction, what’s your latest nonsense?


None of which is racist on even casually racist in the slightest Diggers. Keep trying though.



beninho wrote:Ok, your not racist. You just come across as one.

Nope, never said anything that you could even construe as being racist, and your complete inability to bring up anything which is even remotely racist is evidence of this.


super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:46 am

I don't watch the x factor, but I know someone who was on bgt, and made it to the final. It really helped his career, he and his group performed on the same bill as take that recently, and have performed for the royals.

beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:48 am

Stop taling offence at other people's opinions realist.

beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:20 am

beninho wrote:Stop taling offence at other people's opinions realist.

I don't mind an opinion (even if your opinion has no basis to form that opinion as you repeatedly and routinely fail to provide and now admit). An allegation is a completely different matter.

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:31 am

Oh sweety, don't let it bother you. Don't worry what people think about you. You are not usually adverse to sweeping statements about people you don't know so don't worry about them being used.

If I think you come across as a bit racist its only my opinion. Don't let it bother you.

beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:36 am

beninho wrote:Oh sweety, don't let it bother you. Don't worry what people think about you. You are not usually adverse to sweeping statements about people you don't know so don't worry about them being used.

If I think you come across as a bit racist its only my opinion. Don't let it bother you.


As I've just said if you'd care to read,  I don't care about your opinion, it's when you make baseless accusations when it becomes a problem. Imagine I started accusing you of being a child molester on the basis of no evidence. I doubt you'd be happy with an accusation like that.

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:48 am

super_realist wrote:I'm not sure why NI plays such a big part of this. 



Have you forgetten the bit where the British spent a few hundred years trying to totally screw the Irish and making it a war zone as recently as the 1990's?

I think we have a rather large obligation to make sure the people of NI can look forward to peace and are not disproportionately effected by Brexit.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13865
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:57 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Ok, your not racist. You just come across as one.

Nope, never said anything that you could even construe as being racist, and your complete inability to bring up anything which is even remotely racist is evidence of this.

Super

This is the point I tried to make the last time the topic of whether or not you are racist came up.  You might not be racist but for some reason you have adopted a persona on here that has resulted in a body of comments that comes off as racist, as many people have called you out on.  Although I would argue that whether or not you do it to stir the pot, making racists remarks for any reason is racism. You may not have used something as blatant as the N word but you have still managed to talk about black people and other minorities in a way that has caused many a poster on here to see you as racist.


You can ask us to search the history of comments made on this site to find the evidence where you made the comments that made us feel this way but what good would that do?  I assume as someone immune from being offended you don't care if we think you are racist, unfounded or not?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13865
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 12:00 pm

No evidence?

Do you honestly believe that your declared views on high profile black sportsmen like hamilton, woods, cole or diane abbott along with your anti semitism, and bordering hate views on muslims could not be constued as you being a bit racist. I personally think your views and statements on muslims alone push you into the tommy Robinson group of racist. But thats just my opinion.


beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 12:07 pm

If I was a racist, and I'd given you the impression I was a racist, then you ought to be able to point to SPECIFIC things I've said that you've construed as racist and then explain WHY you consider them to be racist, or at least have racist overtones.

Your pathetic attempt when I mentioned the revolting Abbott was rightly laughed out of town, as was your infantile claim that black people cannot be racist.

I mention, and have mentioned black people in EXACTLY the same way as I refer to anyone else, therefore construing a racist element to that is simply "counting the hits, and ignoring the misses" and you are massively guilty of that, but what I've said about them is independent on what ethnicity they belong to.

I've never ever referred to the race of anyone on here, never picked on people for the colour of their skin. It's people like you who are making a link that isn't there. So if I make a remark that Hamilton is a petulant child, you inexplicably see that as an attack on his race. If I refer to Dianne Abbott as being an innumerate buffoon who is our equivalent of Sarah Palin, you see that as an attack on her race when it is CLEARLY about how inept she is at her job.
You're the one constantly looking for a race element to everything, so instead of looking at the colour of a persons skin (notice you don't do that when I mention Shane Lowry, Gerry Watson, Rev Spieth etc, even though what I say is in the same/similar context to what I've said about Hamilton/Abbot) perhaps it's you who should be looking at whether they look at race first, rather than what I'm actually mentioning.

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 12:10 pm

beninho wrote:No evidence?

Do you honestly believe that your declared views on high profile black sportsmen like hamilton, woods, cole or diane abbott along with your anti semitism, and bordering hate views on muslims could not be constued as you being a bit racist. I personally think your views and statements on muslims alone push you into the tommy Robinson group of racist. But thats just my opinion.


How is ANYTHING I've said about Woods, Hamilton, Cole or Abbott any different to what I've said about Terry, Gerrard, Lowry, Rev Spieth, Watson etc? It's no different.

You're as bad as Mac when it comes to counting the hits and ignoring the misses. It's confirmation bias.

I have no comment about Muslims which is Islamophobic, I only criticise the religion, which isn't Islamophobic. Again, I haven't said anything Anti-Semitic. Like your hilarious claims of racism, you also have nothing to back it up.

I've certainly never said anything as bad as what Abbott, Livingstone or Tommy Robinson have done, and I've never laid wreaths for terrorists or met with the IRA like Corbyn has either.

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 12:12 pm

But what is the point?

benhino just listed recent examples of the way you talk on here that come off as racist, but you refuse to accept it.  Like it or not in more intellectual circles how you talk about famous black people will be rightly recognised as racist.


And always remember folks "islam is a religion not a race".  Said nobody other than those looking for a free pass on racist comments about the people who come from parts of the world that happen to be Islamic.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13865
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 12:16 pm

No Mac, he didn't He picked people who I've commented on who happen to be black, whilst ignoring everything I've said about non black people. I asked how anything I have said against black people is any different from what I've said about non black people, and like Beninho, you've completely ignored it and gone down the 15 year olds argument of "oh, because they're black, it must be racism" It's no wonder you've never achieved anything in employment Mac, any boss would think you've got no logic.

Your insinuation that you can only comment on people who are the same ethnicity as yourself, is preposterous.

Islam isn't a race, if you can convert to it, and millions of people in that religion aren't from the same race or ethnicity and with whom I share an ethnicity, how can it be a race?

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 12:42 pm

I accept your an equal opportunities hater and just a grouchy bstard.

I still find your comments on islam in line with Tommy R and his gang. I'm pretty sure you admitted to a hatred a judaism, which makes you pretty anti Semitic.

But keep defending yourself. And its only an opinion, but based on what I've read you post.

Don't get so touchy.

beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 1:31 pm

Any religion founded on draconian laws, employing social control and requiring followers to kiss its deitys behind to avoid hell or worse, is worthy of criticism. Actually, it begs for criticism.
What happended to the lefts criticism of religion? Was that only a thing of the 60s? Or does it only apply to selected white peoples religion?

pedro

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 2:18 pm

beninho wrote:I accept your an equal opportunities hater and just a grouchy bstard.

I still find your comments on islam in line with Tommy R and his gang. I'm pretty sure you admitted to a hatred a judaism, which makes you pretty anti Semitic.

But keep defending yourself. And its only an opinion, but based on what I've read you post.

Don't get so touchy.

You and Mac should add the word "hypocrite" to your tiny vocabulary. Your opposition to Brexit is no different to my opposition to my view on religion . Yet you seem to  think one (your position) morally superior than another (mine). Any bad idea should be called out, laughed at, ridiculed and criticised, and religion, not just Islam should be criticised for that, yet you seem intent on trying to give it a special consideration and protection from criticism presumably because they are a minority and you're terrified of being labelled a racist. Being against religion and being against Brexit are exactly the same.

How am I anti equal opportunities? If anything, one of the reasons I am against religion is because it's anti equality, non progressive and backward. For such a liberal you should be demanding that religion should be run out of town, because it's directly opposed to many of the social progress values that you and Mac are so keen on.

I didn't ever say I had a hatred for Judaism, so there you go making things up again. I have an opposition to all religion in general (which doesn't make me religious-phobic, just anti bad ideas), but no particular religion. As a matter of fact, Jews are one of the least visible and least intrusive religions on society. They are practically anonymous. I think their beliefs are as stupid as any other religion that favours fairy tales over fact, but that doesn't make me anti-Semitic, it makes me logical.

It wasn't so long ago that you were actually accusing me of being a racist, but seeing as you had no evidence, you've had to sheepishly downgrade it to "just an opinion", and again, you claim it's on "what you've read", but seem incapable of giving any examples that would give you that impression and you still can't explain how anything I said about Woods, Hamilton or Abbott was any different (or any more racist) than what I said about any white person (Lowry, Johnson, Watson, Spieth, Terry etc)

Your solitary reason appears to be that because they are black, that any white person saying anything against them, must be doing it for racist reasons. If you presented that argument in even a school debate the moderator would laugh you out of the room.

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 2:50 pm

super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:Yep, the X factor. Another thing you mocked...yet still watched enough to be an expert on.
Or we could talk about music...nope, can’t do that, or at least one of us can’t.
Or we could explore your Tiger Woods obsession, a lot of mileage in that conversation.
Nah, football would still be my favourite topic. We must be due another prediction, what’s your latest nonsense?


None of which is racist on even casually racist in the slightest Diggers. Keep trying though.



beninho wrote:Ok, your not racist. You just come across as one.

Nope, never said anything that you could even construe as being racist, and your complete inability to bring up anything which is even remotely racist is evidence of this.


I didn’t say you were racist, don’t think I ever have. Interesting the idea clearly gets your juices flowing though. But, for the record, you are clearly a bigot.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 2:55 pm

Super

Why are you so offended by being accused of racism?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13865
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 3:09 pm

pedro wrote:Any religion founded on draconian laws, employing social control and requiring followers to kiss its deitys behind to avoid hell or worse, is worthy of criticism. Actually, it begs for criticism.
What happended to the lefts criticism of religion? Was that only a thing of the 60s? Or does it only apply to selected white peoples religion?

Those elements that follow those laws do indeed open themselves to criticism. A sweeping judgement on all Muslims on the other hand is just bigotry. Plenty of criticism for the left about arm sales to Islamic states, they said they’d ban them, slightly different to Tory policy.
What’s a selected white persons religioun anyway?

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 3:15 pm

Everything in the world should be open to criticism. But raging anti religious views are no different to raging religious views. They go so far in one direction they meet in the middle.

beninho

Posts : 3604
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 4:20 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:I'm not sure why NI plays such a big part of this. 



Have you forgetten the bit where the British spent a few hundred years trying to totally screw the Irish and making it a war zone as recently as the 1990's?

I think we have a rather large obligation to make sure the people of NI can look forward to peace and are not disproportionately effected by Brexit.
picard Mac, why don't you just leave and take up the nationality of somewhere else?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 6:51 pm

beninho wrote:No evidence?

Do you honestly believe that your declared views on high profile black sportsmen like hamilton, woods, cole or diane abbott along with your anti semitism, and bordering hate views on muslims could not be constued as you being a bit racist. I personally think your views and statements on muslims alone push you into the tommy Robinson group of racist. But thats just my opinion.

Diane Abbott is a high profile black sportsperson?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 7:32 pm

So much for the one-time adage that a Premier League team needs 36 points to have a chance of escaping relegation:

With fractionally more than a third of the season gone, seven teams are on pace to wake up in May in the Championship.
Which would probably be a good thing (except Huddersfield looked surprisingly good today!).

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25169
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 7:58 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:So much for the one-time adage that a Premier League team needs 36 points to have a chance of escaping relegation:

With fractionally more than a third of the season gone, seven teams are on pace to wake up in May in the Championship.
Which would probably be a good thing (except Huddersfield looked surprisingly good today!).

The gap between the good and the not so good is widening, Kwini. Speaking of gaps bit of a cushion for Pompey, we need to stop having people sent off!

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:No evidence?

Do you honestly believe that your declared views on high profile black sportsmen like hamilton, woods, cole or diane abbott along with your anti semitism, and bordering hate views on muslims could not be constued as you being a bit racist. I personally think your views and statements on muslims alone push you into the tommy Robinson group of racist. But thats just my opinion.

Diane Abbott is a high profile black sportsperson?

She’s the Stoke Newington over 50 shot putt champion.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 8:10 pm

Diggers wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:So much for the one-time adage that a Premier League team needs 36 points to have a chance of escaping relegation:

With fractionally more than a third of the season gone, seven teams are on pace to wake up in May in the Championship.
Which would probably be a good thing (except Huddersfield looked surprisingly good today!).

The gap between the good and the not so good is widening, Kwini. Speaking of gaps bit of a cushion for Pompey, we need to stop having people sent off!


Too many close calls for comfort Digs; sooner or later we'll start losing those close games, not sure what Jackett's Plan B will be.
Big(gish) games for us both on Tuesday - you've got a better team than last year, what's the prognosis on Whatmore?

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25169
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 8:42 pm

Slow and steady as far as I know, lads misssed an awful lot of football.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:51 pm

Diggers wrote:The idea that the voters are talking blame when they were told Cleese lies strikes me as bizarre, in particular in relation to a complex issue like Brexit.
I just can’t get myself to blame the likes of Nadine Dorries..

Diggers wrote:I’d have thought when I said Ireland it was clear I was talking about the relationship, not them voting. If it was so obvious an issue why did it not come up in the debates,
Because people just didn’t care. As I’ve said before, people voted leave for emotional reasons.

Diggers wrote:I’d ask, if people voted to leave, if it was that simple, how come the closest option to that choice...no deal...is about as popular an idea as a night out with Super Realist?
Who wouldn’t want to keep the house, car and money when divorcing the husband?

pedro

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 11:33 pm

pedro wrote:
Diggers wrote:The idea that the voters are talking blame when they were told Cleese lies strikes me as bizarre, in particular in relation to a complex issue like Brexit.
I just can’t get myself to blame the likes of Nadine Dorries..

Diggers wrote:I’d have thought when I said Ireland it was clear I was talking about the relationship, not them voting. If it was so obvious an issue why did it not come up in the debates,
Because people just didn’t care. As I’ve said before, people voted leave for emotional reasons.

Diggers wrote:I’d ask, if people voted to leave, if it was that simple, how come the closest option to that choice...no deal...is about as popular an idea as a night out with Super Realist?
Who wouldn’t want to keep the house, car and money when divorcing the husband?

Hmm, OK.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 7:50 am

Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:Yep, the X factor. Another thing you mocked...yet still watched enough to be an expert on.
Or we could talk about music...nope, can’t do that, or at least one of us can’t.
Or we could explore your Tiger Woods obsession, a lot of mileage in that conversation.
Nah, football would still be my favourite topic. We must be due another prediction, what’s your latest nonsense?


None of which is racist on even casually racist in the slightest Diggers. Keep trying though.



beninho wrote:Ok, your not racist. You just come across as one.

Nope, never said anything that you could even construe as being racist, and your complete inability to bring up anything which is even remotely racist is evidence of this.


I didn’t say you were racist, don’t think I ever have. Interesting the idea clearly gets your juices flowing though. But, for the record, you are clearly a bigot.

You did actually. You said casually racism was my forte. As for being a bigot, we're all intolerant to lots of views. Why should you be tolerant to all views? Why does religion get special protection? You can't take the moral high ground and claim how tolerant you are. Every time you mention Brexit you demonstrate your opposition to it is just the same as my opposition to religion. You simply cannot accept the views of anyone other than remainer's on Brexit, so don't pretend you're tolerant to views.

There's nothing wrong with being intolerant to religion. It's a truly disgusting fabrication which does no unique good in the world. It doesn't deserve the tolerance of anyone or any sort of special treatment.

All religions are completely preposterous, and while I've never claimed people aren't free to follow a religion. There's nothing which requires me to respect the content of those beliefs (or keep quiet about it). So yes, Islam (and all other religions) are truly loathesome institutions. There is literally nothing to respect about any of them, and many of them, Islam included have truly horrific tenets and doctrines. So if you want to call that bigotry, fine, but I'd rather be openly critical about a disgusting institution, than simply brush how revolting they are under the carpet like you do. If there was any other institution which taught complete nonsense as fact, was openly homophobic and treated women as second class citizens you'd be all over it like a rash to criticise it, but because it's a religion, you're too scared to criticise it because it affects a minority within our population, and that's what you're worried about.

super_realist

Posts : 22742
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 8:31 am

I didn’t say you were a racist. Then again, Im not saying you aren’t. By the way, I didn’t read past the first sentence of your post (I think that’s my policy for you now) but I can guess what it says...again, and again...

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:29 pm

Diggers wrote:I didn’t say you were a racist. Then again, Im not saying you aren’t. By the way, I didn’t read past the first sentence of your post (I think that’s my policy for you now) but I can guess what it says...again, and again...
picard That's well clever, that is. Bit surprised at that Digs. I'm not going to read what you posted, but I'm going to criticise it/you anyway? By all means don't read it, but maybe refrain from commenting thereafter?

It's a boring topic anyway. We all know S_R's position and we all know yours/Ben's position on what S_R posts on religion etc. No-one's changing their position from what I can see. Not by one iota. No-one's bringing anything new into these discussions, so what's the point?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:41 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:I didn’t say you were a racist. Then again, Im not saying you aren’t. By the way, I didn’t read past the first sentence of your post (I think that’s my policy for you now) but I can guess what it says...again, and again...
picard That's well clever, that is. Bit surprised at that Digs. I'm not going to read what you posted, but I'm going to criticise it/you anyway? By all means don't read it, but maybe refrain from commenting thereafter?

It's a boring topic anyway. We all know S_R's position and we all know yours/Ben's position on what S_R posts on religion etc. No-one's changing their position from what I can see. Not by one iota. No-one's bringing anything new into these discussions, so what's the point?

You don’t need to be clever to know what he’s going to post. I’m simply telling him not to waste words on me because I won’t be reading them, I’d say Im doing the bloke a favour by saving him time.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:12 pm

Navy

"so what's the point?"

I would say the point of this debate before super went on his religious rant again was about getting Super to understand that the language he has used on here has caused a number of other posters to consider whether he is racist, and certainly that some of his comments have been racist.  Secondly we were trying to get him to understand that racism is way more subtle than just trotting out the N word, and that how you talk about black people or other groups of people) can also be racist.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13865
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 4:40 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

"so what's the point?"

I would say the point of this debate before super went on his religious rant again was about getting Super to understand that the language he has used on here has caused a number of other posters to consider whether he is racist, and certainly that some of his comments have been racist.  Secondly we were trying to get him to understand that racism is way more subtle than just trotting out the N word, and that how you talk about black people or other groups of people) can also be racist.
Fine, if that's what you think, Mac. I don't agree. You're, yet again, applying your set of rules as if they're definitively correct - you and your circle are not the final arbiters of what's racist. You trot out the same 'justifications' for your position again and again in the same way S_R does for his. You can't even seem to consider that your opinion might actually be incorrect or that there's a load of nuance that you're ignoring. As I said, S_R thinks one thing and you think another. No-one seems to want consider that the other side might have a point or two. In which case, what's the point? It's been done to death here for no obvious enlightenment.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 4:50 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Navy

"so what's the point?"

I would say the point of this debate before super went on his religious rant again was about getting Super to understand that the language he has used on here has caused a number of other posters to consider whether he is racist, and certainly that some of his comments have been racist.  Secondly we were trying to get him to understand that racism is way more subtle than just trotting out the N word, and that how you talk about black people or other groups of people) can also be racist.
Fine, if that's what you think, Mac. I don't agree. You're, yet again, applying your set of rules as if they're definitively correct - you and your circle are not the final arbiters of what's racist. You trot out the same 'justifications' for your position again and again in the same way S_R does for his. You can't even seem to consider that your opinion might actually be incorrect or that there's a load of nuance that you're ignoring. As I said, S_R thinks one thing and you think another. No-one seems to want consider that the other side might have a point or two. In which case, what's the point? It's been done to death here for no obvious enlightenment.

What shouldn’t be in doubt is that consistently using terms such as “carpet sniffers” in a pathetic attempt to provoke a response is clearly an out and out sign of bigotry, and if I’m completely honest, is something that warrants some kind of moderation action.
Or are you suggesting that’s a side of an argument we should look at and try to understand?

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 5:30 pm

Diggers

There are good people on both sides.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13865
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by raycastleunited on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:18 pm

super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:Yep, the X factor. Another thing you mocked...yet still watched enough to be an expert on.
Or we could talk about music...nope, can’t do that, or at least one of us can’t.
Or we could explore your Tiger Woods obsession, a lot of mileage in that conversation.
Nah, football would still be my favourite topic. We must be due another prediction, what’s your latest nonsense?


None of which is racist on even casually racist in the slightest Diggers. Keep trying though.



beninho wrote:Ok, your not racist. You just come across as one.

Nope, never said anything that you could even construe as being racist, and your complete inability to bring up anything which is even remotely racist is evidence of this.


I don't think you are racist. I think your provincial upbringing has led you to having sheltered views including a lack of tolerance for diversity or awareness of other people's views. Maybe if you had lived somewhere more cosmopolitan you would moderate your views.

Most Jewish people I know well had relatives who were victims of the holocaust. If I was Jewish, I would be extremely offended by your deliberately provocative use of the word holocaust.
If I was a muslim, again I would be offended that you call me a carpet sniffer. It's a derogatory expression.
If I was black, I'd still think Diane Abbott was a tw@t.

raycastleunited

Posts : 3373
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 9:08 am

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Navy

"so what's the point?"

I would say the point of this debate before super went on his religious rant again was about getting Super to understand that the language he has used on here has caused a number of other posters to consider whether he is racist, and certainly that some of his comments have been racist.  Secondly we were trying to get him to understand that racism is way more subtle than just trotting out the N word, and that how you talk about black people or other groups of people) can also be racist.
Fine, if that's what you think, Mac. I don't agree. You're, yet again, applying your set of rules as if they're definitively correct - you and your circle are not the final arbiters of what's racist. You trot out the same 'justifications' for your position again and again in the same way S_R does for his. You can't even seem to consider that your opinion might actually be incorrect or that there's a load of nuance that you're ignoring. As I said, S_R thinks one thing and you think another. No-one seems to want consider that the other side might have a point or two. In which case, what's the point? It's been done to death here for no obvious enlightenment.

What shouldn’t be in doubt is that consistently using terms such as “carpet sniffers” in a pathetic attempt to provoke a response is clearly an out and out sign of bigotry, and if I’m completely honest, is something that warrants some kind of moderation action.
Or are you suggesting that’s a side of an argument we should look at and try to understand?
I'm not sure about the bigotry, but I do think it's deliberately unnecessary language designed purely to get a rise out of people. I'm afraid I haven't got the time or the energy to moderate pro-actively, so if you have a problem, report stuff. Can't guarantee I'll be the one who looks at it or, if I do, I'll agree that something needs to be removed.

I seem to remember my mum, years ago when I was a child, suggesting that if I ignored taunts and didn't grace them with a response, they'd go away and/or those doing the taunting would get bored and stop - not many want to just talk to themselves. Can't think but that she still has a point.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 9:10 am

McLaren wrote:Diggers

There are good people on both sides.
Nice try, but you still need to have a look in that bathroom mirror of yours.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 9:21 am

Not sure why May is calling for a Brexit debate, seems very odd, unless the end game is some sort of early advantage in an upcoming GE. She clearly isn't going to persuade him to tell his MP's to vote for the bill so really what's the point, she'd be better off calling for a debate with her own back benchers and Arlene Foster. Very, very strange call.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 9:24 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Navy

"so what's the point?"

I would say the point of this debate before super went on his religious rant again was about getting Super to understand that the language he has used on here has caused a number of other posters to consider whether he is racist, and certainly that some of his comments have been racist.  Secondly we were trying to get him to understand that racism is way more subtle than just trotting out the N word, and that how you talk about black people or other groups of people) can also be racist.
Fine, if that's what you think, Mac. I don't agree. You're, yet again, applying your set of rules as if they're definitively correct - you and your circle are not the final arbiters of what's racist. You trot out the same 'justifications' for your position again and again in the same way S_R does for his. You can't even seem to consider that your opinion might actually be incorrect or that there's a load of nuance that you're ignoring. As I said, S_R thinks one thing and you think another. No-one seems to want consider that the other side might have a point or two. In which case, what's the point? It's been done to death here for no obvious enlightenment.

What shouldn’t be in doubt is that consistently using terms such as “carpet sniffers” in a pathetic attempt to provoke a response is clearly an out and out sign of bigotry, and if I’m completely honest, is something that warrants some kind of moderation action.
Or are you suggesting that’s a side of an argument we should look at and try to understand?
I'm not sure about the bigotry, but I do think it's deliberately unnecessary language designed purely to get a rise out of people. I'm afraid I haven't got the time or the energy to moderate pro-actively, so if you have a problem, report stuff. Can't guarantee I'll be the one who looks at it or, if I do, I'll agree that something needs to be removed.

I seem to remember my mum, years ago when I was a child, suggesting that if I ignored taunts and didn't grace them with a response, they'd go away and/or those doing the taunting would get bored and stop - not many want to just talk to themselves. Can't think but that she still has a point.

Fair enough, I'll report it next time. Not sure on what planet (maybe a planet inhabited by middle class white golfers or maybe the Daily Mail readers club) it isn't perceived as outright bigotry, but I suppose we could say that's just about opinion.


Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 11:41 am

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Navy

"so what's the point?"

I would say the point of this debate before super went on his religious rant again was about getting Super to understand that the language he has used on here has caused a number of other posters to consider whether he is racist, and certainly that some of his comments have been racist.  Secondly we were trying to get him to understand that racism is way more subtle than just trotting out the N word, and that how you talk about black people or other groups of people) can also be racist.
Fine, if that's what you think, Mac. I don't agree. You're, yet again, applying your set of rules as if they're definitively correct - you and your circle are not the final arbiters of what's racist. You trot out the same 'justifications' for your position again and again in the same way S_R does for his. You can't even seem to consider that your opinion might actually be incorrect or that there's a load of nuance that you're ignoring. As I said, S_R thinks one thing and you think another. No-one seems to want consider that the other side might have a point or two. In which case, what's the point? It's been done to death here for no obvious enlightenment.

What shouldn’t be in doubt is that consistently using terms such as “carpet sniffers” in a pathetic attempt to provoke a response is clearly an out and out sign of bigotry, and if I’m completely honest, is something that warrants some kind of moderation action.
Or are you suggesting that’s a side of an argument we should look at and try to understand?
I'm not sure about the bigotry, but I do think it's deliberately unnecessary language designed purely to get a rise out of people. I'm afraid I haven't got the time or the energy to moderate pro-actively, so if you have a problem, report stuff. Can't guarantee I'll be the one who looks at it or, if I do, I'll agree that something needs to be removed.

I seem to remember my mum, years ago when I was a child, suggesting that if I ignored taunts and didn't grace them with a response, they'd go away and/or those doing the taunting would get bored and stop - not many want to just talk to themselves. Can't think but that she still has a point.

Fair enough, I'll report it next time. Not sure on what planet (maybe a planet inhabited by middle class white golfers or maybe the Daily Mail readers club) it isn't perceived as outright bigotry, but I suppose we could say that's just about opinion.

Splitting hairs, but I don't think he's against other opinions etc; he just reserves the right to call them bollox. The language is needlessly provocative and doesn't add anything to the points being made.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 1:27 pm

Taken from the Golf Digest website.

Although "The Match" didn't award Official World Golf Ranking points, Mickelson remained at No. 27 in the global standing. According to the rankings system, Mickelson has now been inside the world's top 50 for 25 years.

Wow.

25 years.



Roller_Coaster

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 2:27 pm

Diggers wrote:

Fair enough, I'll report it next time. Not sure on what planet (maybe a planet inhabited by middle class white golfers or maybe the Daily Mail readers club) it isn't perceived as outright bigotry, but I suppose we could say that's just about opinion.



Remember this is the board where pointing out that fuzzy and Sergio using fried chicken against Tiger is not ok results in most of the board holding a lasting grudge against you.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13865
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum