The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Go down

The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm

As a Bath fan I am used to disappointment since the game turned Pro, i accept that you will lose games and from time to time you will go through a rebuilding phase, suffer injuries and just suffer a loss in form.

As fans we continue to pay our money to be part of the club, to belong to something special, to socialise with our fellow fans and drink cider/beer etc, Good times!

But what happened today is unacceptable, I’m fed up with this culture of showboating from our over paid prima donnas. I say get rid of Farleigh house and move the training ground back to Lambridge and buy them a couple of portacabins fitted with lukewarm showers.

Simply not good enough from a Pro Sports team.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Pete330v2 on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:04 pm

Does baby want his dum dum?

Pete330v2

Posts : 3597
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:07 pm

No, I want my club to show some metal and be professional.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:09 pm

By reducing the professional standard facilities?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16792
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:17 pm

By creating a better culture, rugby is a hard game and Bath have gone soft due to being pampered at Farleigh.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Brendan on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:20 pm

I'm not sure if it's the players or managers but Bath don't seem to be near the sum of their parts. If you look at Sarries or Tigers/Wasps of old they knew they were good and would rub it in your face, they always won first. They wouldn't have sent a B team to Sarries, been good with using the squad yes but not rest up. Bath for their resources are doing poorly

I haven't seen the footage but from reports it seems bad. Get down and score and then go do the fancy stuff. The swan dive is rubbish but at least people have to at least try hard to stop you. Once you score do your fancy stuff, kiss whoever but score.

The kick happens but once you cross the try line you better have a good reason to not score.

Brendan

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:24 pm

So mistakes and showboating didn't happen before professionalism? Not sure that's true. Not sure ignoring the advances made under professionalism in advances in sports science etc is the best way forward either.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16792
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

Don’t see props dropping the ball and showboating before scoring. We are old school, Backs should stick to soccer.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Artful_Dodger on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 7:57 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Don’t see props dropping the ball and showboating before scoring. We are old school, Backs should stick to soccer.

New meta detected, Bath should play rugby without backs. They'll be winning Champions Cups in no time without any backs!!

Artful_Dodger

Posts : 4248
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 8:02 pm

So it's just backs or one back you want to go back to pre professional training models?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16792
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 8:16 pm

He's not the first player to drop the ball over the line unnecessarily and won't be the last.

I was surprised that Bath opted to extend Blackadder's contract. Bath seem to be lacking an edge at present and I can't put my finger on quite why that is.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 12881
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 32
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 8:28 pm

Professionalism!

Nevermind players and coaches get paid win or lose.


avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 8:45 pm

Rubbish and overrated, the same as every year for the last 12 years. Are you even surprised?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7368
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by whocares on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 10:16 pm

I feel bad for Burns. Specially for being done by Medart who is not exactly the fastest back these days.

whocares

Posts : 4129
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Mr Bounce on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 10:37 pm

Farrell managed to drop the ball over the line a couple of years ago against Toulouse whilst showboating/not concentrating. Didn't even need anyone else's help! However, nobody remembers that these days. Doubt Freddie will be too affected...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCIu4zbTuU


Mr Bounce

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : East of Florida, West of Felixstowe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 10:55 pm

whocares wrote:I feel bad for Burns. Specially for being done by Medart who is not exactly the fastest back these days.

So do I. Shame it wasnt Aston instead. Someone really showboating.

Collapse2005

Posts : 2071
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Duty281 on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 11:36 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Farrell managed to drop the ball over the line a couple of years ago against Toulouse whilst showboating/not concentrating. Didn't even need anyone else's help! However, nobody remembers that these days. Doubt Freddie will be too affected...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCIu4zbTuU


Fair enough, but Saracens were 12 points up when Farrell did that, and they went on to win by 11 points.

Duty281

Posts : 18068
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Artful_Dodger on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 11:37 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:Farrell managed to drop the ball over the line a couple of years ago against Toulouse whilst showboating/not concentrating. Didn't even need anyone else's help! However, nobody remembers that these days. Doubt Freddie will be too affected...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCIu4zbTuU


Fair enough, but Saracens were 12 points up when Farrell did that, and they went on to win by 11 points.

It's also the missed sitter from in front of the posts before hand.....and the whole blowing a kiss to the crowd thing.

Artful_Dodger

Posts : 4248
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by sensisball on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 1:06 am

First time i have watched Bath this season and i thought they looked fairly rudderless. Louw was good and Attwood carried well but otherwise they were pretty unimpressive. Its the first time i have seen Mercer and i couldn't quite see why he on the fringes of the England senior squad. He doesn't, yet, look like he has the power, or game management, to play for England. I guess he has time on his side. Once Jones leaves after (or before?) the world cup he may get a chance to get some international experience.
Toulouse are playing better this season than last,but are still far from title contenders. A disappointing first outing for Bath in what is shaping up to be another disappointing season. Blackadder will be glad he has already put pen to paper on his contract extension.

sensisball

Posts : 475
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Irish Londoner on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 8:27 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Farrell managed to drop the ball over the line a couple of years ago against Toulouse whilst showboating/not concentrating. Didn't even need anyone else's help! However, nobody remembers that these days. Doubt Freddie will be too affected...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCIu4zbTuU


Err, you did ?

Irish Londoner

Posts : 1099
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 56
Location : Wakefield

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by HongKongCherry on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:41 pm

Poor old Freddie. I don't think he was actually showboating, just showing relief after missing such an easy kick to win the game...
avatar
HongKongCherry

Posts : 3297
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Glawster

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by LondonTiger on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:46 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:Poor old Freddie.  I don't think he was actually showboating, just showing relief after missing such an easy kick to win the game...


I was so sure when clicked on the topic, having seen you had posted, that you were going to say:



Te trouble with Bath is.............it is not Gloucester.

LondonTiger

Posts : 18400
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 5:18 pm

...they don’t fill you with joy?

... they’re always leaving you empty?

... you have to endlessly plug them?

avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 6128
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 67
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by HongKongCherry on Wed 17 Oct 2018, 3:28 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:Poor old Freddie.  I don't think he was actually showboating, just showing relief after missing such an easy kick to win the game...


I was so sure when clicked on the topic, having seen you had posted, that you were going to say:



Te trouble with Bath is.............it is not Gloucester.

Am I that predictable? That was very much my first thought, but then I decided to refrain as I've never been known to have any form of schadenfreude for my dear neighbours... Whistle
avatar
HongKongCherry

Posts : 3297
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Glawster

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Wed 17 Oct 2018, 3:59 pm

We don't get Ref or TMO Calls.

Kaino banned for 5 weeks. so it should have been a red then! Farce.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by formerly known as Sam on Wed 17 Oct 2018, 7:53 pm

TightHEAD wrote:We don't get Ref or TMO Calls.

Kaino banned for 5 weeks. so it should have been a red then! Farce.

Still think that's harsh unless there's another camera angle showing initial contact with the head and not the chest.

The loosehead's cheap shot head butt was far worse.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 12881
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 32
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 18 Oct 2018, 11:20 am

Red as the day is long.

Not the sort of tackle we want to see in the game, reckless high head shot.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by formerly known as Sam on Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:44 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Red as the day is long.

Not the sort of tackle we want to see in the game, reckless high head shot.

If there's a camera shot of initial contact with the head it's a red and a longer ban than 5 weeks. If there's not and there wasn't when the game was televised it's a yellow card as it looked like contact was on the chest and then rising up. The camera angles when the game was televised weren't great.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 12881
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 32
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 18 Oct 2018, 2:20 pm

avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by LondonTiger on Thu 18 Oct 2018, 5:31 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Red as the day is long.

Not the sort of tackle we want to see in the game, reckless high head shot.

If there's a camera shot of initial contact with the head it's a red and a longer ban than 5 weeks. If there's not and there wasn't when the game was televised it's a yellow card as it looked like contact was on the chest and then rising up. The camera angles when the game was televised weren't great.

My understanding was that any challenge that involved contact with force to the head, even if it started lower, was now to be deemed a red card offence.

Having now seen the presentation given to refs about the type of challenges they wish to eradicate, this was a red card all day long. That Brace and the TMO missed it is criminal.

However Bath did not lose because of that decision. They lost because for the second time this season a player showboating dropped the ball over the line.


What is wrong with Bath? Too many average players receiving substandard coaching.

LondonTiger

Posts : 18400
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by LondonTiger on Thu 18 Oct 2018, 5:43 pm

PS that last critique could also apply to Tigers

LondonTiger

Posts : 18400
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by formerly known as Sam on Thu 18 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Red as the day is long.

Not the sort of tackle we want to see in the game, reckless high head shot.

If there's a camera shot of initial contact with the head it's a red and a longer ban than 5 weeks. If there's not and there wasn't when the game was televised it's a yellow card as it looked like contact was on the chest and then rising up. The camera angles when the game was televised weren't great.

My understanding was that any challenge that involved contact with force to the head, even if it started lower, was now to be deemed a red card offence.

Having now seen the presentation given to refs about the type of challenges they wish to eradicate, this was a red card all day long. That Brace and the TMO missed it is criminal.

However Bath did not lose because of that decision. They lost because for the second time this season a player showboating dropped the ball over the line.


What is wrong with Bath? Too many average players receiving substandard coaching.

Ah that would be a change that missed me by. In that case it was a red card all day. There was plenty of force and he caught the head as Roberts crumbled after the initial contact.

I'm not sold on Blackadder at Bath. I think substandard probably describes him. Winning nothing with that Crusaders side was criminal and as soon as he left Robertson is dominating minus the Crusaders two greatest sons.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 12881
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 32
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by carpet baboon on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 8:56 pm

Have I really just read that Bruce Craig has written to the EPRC demanding that the game against Toulouse is replayed?
What an absolute gobsh#te

Exclusive: Bath are writing to the Champions Cup organisers to demand a replay of their defeat by Toulouse | @owenslot

https://t.co/mKxojrUQYG

carpet baboon

Posts : 2010
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Collapse2005 on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:47 pm

Haha I saw that too. In fairness I did think it was odd that the ref blew the game up early but they really need to just take the hit and move on.

Collapse2005

Posts : 2071
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by robbo277 on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:49 pm

They could bring them all back and just replay the last 4 seconds? That way you could do it on a Tuesday afternoon or something to fit it in the calendar.

robbo277

Posts : 3371
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:03 pm

Bruce Craig, what a guy!

The reason why Bath if everyone’s 2nd favourite team, you just can’t help but love him.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by carpet baboon on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:28 pm

It's being reported the good old Bruce wants to take this to the court of abrIrrational for sport to get the game replayed.
Can someone please go show him how he could use his money to do some good rather than being a child

carpet baboon

Posts : 2010
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trouble with Bath is .........?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum