World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nominees Announced:

Beauden Barrett
Jonathan Sexton
Malcolm Marx
Faf de Klerk
Reiko Ioane

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/johnny-sexton-award-400031

Surprised to see Barrett make the list but all others not really unexpected. Sexton's to lose?

Previous article:

Young Player of the Year Nominees:

https://www.world.rugby/news/374327
Jordan Larmour (Ireland)
APHIWE DYANTYI (SOUTH AFRICA)
KARL TU’INUKUAFE (NEW ZEALAND)


Last edited by Collapse2005 on Fri 02 Nov 2018, 4:14 pm; edited 10 times in total

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down


Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by The Oracle on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm

ebop wrote:No. James Lowe is flakey and is why he never made the ABs. He is a good player and that’s about it. The fact he’s celebrated in Europe is pretty funny though.

Celebrated? I’d never heard of him til last week.
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 11:32 pm

Thats not surprising because it took a while to bring him up to speed.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Artful_Dodger on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 1:52 am

If you look at Lowe's performance against Wasps, you aren't talking about a guy that is making northern hemisphere defenses look silly, that Wasps backline defense included Lima Sopoaga and Willie le Roux. The guy is a class act and in my personal opinion, one that NZ let away.

I would on form, take him ahead of any wing in Europe, even Stockdale.

Artful_Dodger

Posts : 4235
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Taylorman on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 2:34 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:If you look at Lowe's performance against Wasps, you aren't talking about a guy that is making northern hemisphere defenses look silly, that Wasps backline defense included Lima Sopoaga and Willie le Roux.  The guy is a class act and in my personal opinion, one that NZ let away.

I would on form, take him ahead of any wing in Europe, even Stockdale.  

Cool, we wouldnt though. Dont hear Hansen lamenting his departure.

Lima and Willy are not known for their defence.

Taylorman

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Biltong on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 5:11 am

Yeah, Willie le Roux on defence make most attacking ball carriers look good.
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26827
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 8:44 am

Well I think we can all agree he has become a much better player at Leinster.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:04 am

What makes you think we all agree with that? He was a good player for the Chiefs but tended to go missing in games. It’s probably a case of your Euro competitions being of inferior quality than what he’s used to and he stands out more. Players like James Lowe are dime a dozen in NZ.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:07 am

because its kind of obvious. Anyway Leinster is a step up from the Chiefs. Lowe has hinted at this himself.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:29 am

The only thing that is obvious, is that NZ rejects move to Ireland and become stand out players or even make the national team because the standard is lower in Ireland.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by The Oracle on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:31 am

Stick Lowe in the Gwent Dragons team and he’ll look rubbish. The team he’s in has a lot to do with it. That Leinster are head and shoulders the top team at the moment up here in the NH makes it easier to shine, probably.
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:44 am

ebop wrote:The only thing that is obvious, is that NZ rejects move to Ireland and become stand out players or even make the national team because the standard is lower in Ireland.


Interesting that there is a Leinster reject in the Canterbury Crusaiders squad. Oliver Jaeger wasnt offered a contract for the Leinster academy even though he was an Ireland schoolboy however he is now a member of the Crusaiders super rugby squad.

NH rugby is full of SH journeyman that are established pros but not all of them do well Sopoaga for example looks weak enough. What you dont realise Ebop is that Leinster players have access to some of the best facilities, coaching, spirts science and staff in world rugby which can make a big difference.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 9:50 am

Also the only reason Beauden Barrett is any good is because he lived in Ireland for a few years as a kid. That was the missing piece for him too. A year or so more and he would have been able to kick too.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by The Oracle on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 10:24 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Also the only reason Beauden Barrett is any good is because he lived in Ireland for a few years as a kid. That was the missing piece for him too. A year or so more and he would have been able to kick too.


Laugh
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 10:53 am

Exact same for George Ford. No coincidence we gets picked ahead of Owen Farrell. Ireland.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 12:28 pm

James Lowe might be eligible for England if they’re interested.
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 6020
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 67
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 11:32 am

Collapse2005 wrote:What you dont realise Ebop is that Leinster players have access to some of the best facilities, coaching, spirts science and staff in world rugby which can make a big difference.
What makes you think I don’t know that Leinster are a serious provincial NH club team? There has been a number of foreign coaches that have lead Leinster to success. Until Ireland and their provincial teams can stand on their own two feet they’ll just be playing catch up. Waiting and praying for the next Chieka or Schmidt. That’s a fragile succession plan. Can Ireland produce a homegrown Irish coach to lead the way. Who? And when?
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 11:43 am

Can new zealand? It appears it's up to wales and Ireland to teach them.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 11:48 am

Lol, Eddie Jones and John Mitchell propping up your lot. It’s an arms race with you guys up north. Buy buy buy to fill the significant gaps. Just grow a pair and see where the chups lie.


Last edited by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 11:50 am

Oh sorry thought you were trying to make a point about development.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 11:52 am

Our players and coaches go north to make money. And because they’re fawned over. It’s pretty obvious. Looking forward to the day when all of your 6N teams are lead by coaches from said countries. Until then, it’s a bit of a pisstake and IP theft Wink
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 12:15 pm

As good a point as you ever make.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

ebop wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:What you dont realise Ebop is that Leinster players have access to some of the best facilities, coaching, spirts science and staff in world rugby which can make a big difference.
What makes you think I don’t know that Leinster are a serious provincial NH club team? There has been a number of foreign coaches that have lead Leinster to success. Until Ireland and their provincial teams can stand on their own two feet they’ll just be playing catch up. Waiting and praying for the next Chieka or Schmidt. That’s a fragile succession plan. Can Ireland produce a homegrown Irish coach to lead the way. Who? And when?

Leinsters head coach is Irish who is a former Leinster player and captain, three times champions cup winner and Leinster schools cup winner. You cant be any more homegrown and grass roots than the current coach.

Schmidt is also every bit as much a product of the Irish system as NZs systems. Cheika himself was not an established coach himself before he came to Leinster. He was coaching Randwick in Sydney. Thats a far cry from coaching Australia. Leinster took a punt on him because is very strong business background was what the province needed at the time.

Also the two Ireland coaches prior to Schmidt were Irish in 09 Declan Kideny was world coach of the year having lead Ireland to an unbeaten year.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 12:38 pm

7.5, I know it hurts that your team is now coached by a couple of 2003 RWC losers from Australia and NZ. Maybe they’ll get their revenge by leading England down the garden path?
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by SecretFly on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 1:10 pm

This Thread would make a great Christmas Panto! The rehearsals sound wonderful.

"Oh yes he is!" "Oh no he's not!" "He's behind you!" "Oh no he's not!"

SecretFly

Posts : 28507
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm

I don't care ebop. I'd prefer the exact same rule for kit men players coaches myself but play to the rules.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 1:43 pm

7.5, have you seen the footage of Hughes sat in the stand in the Wasps v Bath game? He’s txting away on his phone, and when he realises he’s on the big screen he hams it up. The camera cuts to Eddie Jones in the stands and he’s not happy because he’s seen Hughes acting like a pork chop on the big screen. It’s great camera work.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 1:50 pm

Jones wasnt happy because the crowd were booing him and cheering Hughes

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 1:51 pm

Although I think he saw the funny side too

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 1:54 pm

He did smirk a little. And would have thought that c0ck is throwing me under the bus.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 2:00 pm

Can't claim to have noticed ebop. Again not bothered.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by ebop on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 2:04 pm

Oh, you haven’t seen it? It’s funny. Eddie getting booed like that is a bit odd given what he’s achieved in dragging England from 8th or whatever it was up to 4th. Can’t imagine Eddie was too happy with Hughes getting the cheers and him the boos.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 2:24 pm

I doubt he cares

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 11:26 am

https://www.world.rugby/news/37432

Jordan Larmour nominated.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by SecretFly on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 11:29 am

as young/breakthrough player....

Is the main list out of actual World Player nominees?

SecretFly

Posts : 28507
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 11:50 am

Id say it will be out around mid November. I expect Murray and Sexton to make the list.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Taylorman on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 3:43 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:https://www.world.rugby/news/37432

Jordan Larmour nominated.

Yes and I expect Diyantyi and if not, Karl T, who has an amazing rags to riches in one year story to win that.

Taylorman

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 4:07 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:https://www.world.rugby/news/37432

Jordan Larmour nominated.

Yes and I expect Diyantyi and if not, Karl T, who has an amazing rags to riches in one year story to win that.

Yes of course you do albeit you also haven't a clue who Jordan Larmour is do you?

That said although Diyantyi is already 24 he has had a good year this year in particular against the ABs which is probably the only reason you know who he is.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Biltong on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 4:11 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:https://www.world.rugby/news/37432

Jordan Larmour nominated.

Yes and I expect Diyantyi and if not, Karl T, who has an amazing rags to riches in one year story to win that.

Yes of course you do albeit you also haven't a clue who Jordan Larmour is do you?

That said although Diyantyi is already 24 he has had a good year this year in particular against the ABs which is probably the only reason you know who he is.

I suspect the reason Tman knows who Diyanti is, is due to the fact that he plays rugby in Super Rugby and RC.

I also have no idea who Jordan Lamour is as I don't watch enough European rugby to know their players
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26827
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 4:20 pm

Biltong wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:https://www.world.rugby/news/37432

Jordan Larmour nominated.

Yes and I expect Diyantyi and if not, Karl T, who has an amazing rags to riches in one year story to win that.

Yes of course you do albeit you also haven't a clue who Jordan Larmour is do you?

That said although Diyantyi is already 24 he has had a good year this year in particular against the ABs which is probably the only reason you know who he is.

I suspect the reason Tman knows who Diyanti is, is due to the fact that he plays rugby in Super Rugby and RC.

I also have no idea who Jordan Lamour is as I don't watch enough European rugby to know their players

So you aren't in a position to judge if Larmour has had a better year than Diyantyi either?

Personally I think Larmour is a better player but Diyantyi has had a better year at international level. Larmour is four years younger though.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Biltong on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 4:40 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:https://www.world.rugby/news/37432

Jordan Larmour nominated.

Yes and I expect Diyantyi and if not, Karl T, who has an amazing rags to riches in one year story to win that.

Yes of course you do albeit you also haven't a clue who Jordan Larmour is do you?

That said although Diyantyi is already 24 he has had a good year this year in particular against the ABs which is probably the only reason you know who he is.

I suspect the reason Tman knows who Diyanti is, is due to the fact that he plays rugby in Super Rugby and RC.

I also have no idea who Jordan Lamour is as I don't watch enough European rugby to know their players

So you aren't in a position to judge if Larmour has had a better year than Diyantyi either?

Personally I think Larmour is a better player but Diyantyi has had a better year at international level. Larmour is four years younger though.
Where was I judging anyone?
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26827
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Taylorman on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 4:44 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Biltong wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:https://www.world.rugby/news/37432

Jordan Larmour nominated.

Yes and I expect Diyantyi and if not, Karl T, who has an amazing rags to riches in one year story to win that.

Yes of course you do albeit you also haven't a clue who Jordan Larmour is do you?

That said although Diyantyi is already 24 he has had a good year this year in particular against the ABs which is probably the only reason you know who he is.

I suspect the reason Tman knows who Diyanti is, is due to the fact that he plays rugby in Super Rugby and RC.

I also have no idea who Jordan Lamour is as I don't watch enough European rugby to know their players

So you aren't in a position to judge if Larmour has had a better year than Diyantyi either?

Personally I think Larmour is a better player but Diyantyi has had a better year at international level. Larmour is four years younger though.

I dont know Larmour is either. Youd think he would have stood out on the Irish tour of oz at least. Im not in a position to judge either but its a bit poor the only nominee from the north is a winger who has a great strike rate of zero in six tests.

Diyantyi has six in 9 tests and got at least one against every opponent he played this year, yet played for a far lower ranked side than Lamour does. I mean how is this possible? Hug

Taylorman

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:03 pm

No surprise there. Like I said Diyantyi has had a better year but you are a total clown to state who is the better player and then admit you don't have a clue who the other one is.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Taylorman on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:09 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:No surprise there. Like I said Diyantyi has had a better year but you are a total clown to state who is the better player and then admit you don't have a clue who the other one is.

Scrambling again, tredding water again I see. I didnt say who the better player is, I said who I thought would win it. Ive seen these awards for years and wingers with no tries kinda dont tend to win these things. Capiche? Or too complex for you?

Taylorman

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:11 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:No surprise there. Like I said Diyantyi has had a better year but you are a total clown to state who is the better player and then admit you don't have a clue who the other one is.

Scrambling again, tredding water again I see. I didnt say who the better player is, I said who I thought would win it. Ive seen these awards for years and wingers with no tries kinda dont tend to win these things. Capiche? Or too complex for you?

You hadn't a clue about Larmour when you said that though did you?

Its a common theme with you, you generally get shown up for your ignorance quite regularly.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Biltong on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:21 pm

Collapse please keep i clean
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26827
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:29 pm

Ooooh. Missed the removed post Sad

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Taylorman on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:41 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:No surprise there. Like I said Diyantyi has had a better year but you are a total clown to state who is the better player and then admit you don't have a clue who the other one is.

Scrambling again, tredding water again I see. I didnt say who the better player is, I said who I thought would win it. Ive seen these awards for years and wingers with no tries kinda dont tend to win these things. Capiche? Or too complex for you?

You hadn't a clue about Larmour when you said that though did you?

Its a common theme with you, you generally get shown up for your ignorance quite regularly.

Shown up how? Who cares who he is? Ive no idea about the finer points of propping either so I dont know why Karl T is nominated ahead of others. But instinct, and not a lot needed tells me they wont pick a winger with no tries. How is that possibly hard for you to understand. No wonder you keep needing our help. You fail to grasp simple concepts.

Taylorman

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:43 pm

You're admitting you can't judge this. That's fine.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Taylorman on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 6:13 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:You're admitting you can't judge this. That's fine.

Whateva tickles for ya Whistle

Taylorman

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 6:16 pm

Sorry I don't understand your point Taylor.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16597
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: World Player of the Year 2018 - UPDATED

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum