Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Tue 23 Oct 2018, 9:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Something is going on this year

Both Glasgow and Edinburgh are playing quite well!

Is it a dream, am I imagining it, am I going to wake up in a cold sweat and find out that we are really cr*p again?

Someone please reassure me!!

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down


Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by George Carlin on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 11:56 am

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
BigGee wrote:That sounds more like the old Cockers!

I wonder how long it is before he completely loses it in a post match interview as well. He has, by his own standards, been very restrained whilst in Edinburgh.

Must be all the yoga!
Or the oestrogen which they seem to add to the Edinburgh tap water to make their women very attractive and their men eventually turn into heavily exfoliated manscapers holding a small glass of overpriced rioja.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14727
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:06 pm

Been meaning to say for a while - I read somewhere that Edinburgh and Ulster are essentially doing a swap of CEOs, with Petrie going to Ulster (confirmed) and their one coming to us (wild speculation).

The report mentioned the Ulster CEO had done a lot of good things but was now tarnished with the whole Paddy Jackson / Olding case so was wanting to move on.

The other rumour was Al Kellock becoming CEO but I think that is less likely - he's building his career at Glasgow just now and probably isn't ready for a jump to CEO yet.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by jimbopip on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:11 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Been meaning to say for a while - I read somewhere that Edinburgh and Ulster are essentially doing a swap of CEOs, with Petrie going to Ulster (confirmed) and their one coming to us (wild speculation).

The report mentioned the Ulster CEO had done a lot of good things but was now tarnished with the whole Paddy Jackson / Olding case so was wanting to move on.

The other rumour was Al Kellock becoming CEO but I think that is less likely - he's building his career at Glasgow just now and probably isn't ready for a jump to CEO yet.

Also, his experience is in rugby not cosmetics.

jimbopip

Posts : 4976
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:12 pm

drumroll

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by EWT Spoons on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 12:13 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

The other rumour was Al Kellock becoming CEO but I think that is less likely - he's building his career at Glasgow just now and probably isn't ready for a jump to CEO yet.

I heard this one too, and same as you I really hope there is nothing in it. I have no issues if he's brought in to learn from someone else but not straight in.

The other rumour (and equally unlikely) is the current Glasgow CEO Nathan Bombrys would move to Edinburgh (lives in Edinburgh, already in the SRU employment) and Kellock would take over at Glasgow, as he is a Glasgow icon and is working towards something in this space. I think if this was to happen (it won't) Glasgow fans would be moderately unhappy.

EWT Spoons

Posts : 3423
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by George Carlin on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 1:50 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

The other rumour was Al Kellock becoming CEO but I think that is less likely - he's building his career at Glasgow just now and probably isn't ready for a jump to CEO yet.

I heard this one too, and same as you I really hope there is nothing in it.  I have no issues if he's brought in to learn from someone else but not straight in.

The other rumour (and equally unlikely) is the current Glasgow CEO Nathan Bombrys would move to Edinburgh (lives in Edinburgh, already in the SRU employment) and Kellock would take over at Glasgow, as he is a Glasgow icon and is working towards something in this space.  I think if this was to happen (it won't) Glasgow fans would be moderately unhappy.
I would be unhappy although it must be hard being a pleasant Canadian in a city of aggressively friendly Weegies.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14727
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 3:00 pm

George Carlin wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

The other rumour was Al Kellock becoming CEO but I think that is less likely - he's building his career at Glasgow just now and probably isn't ready for a jump to CEO yet.

I heard this one too, and same as you I really hope there is nothing in it.  I have no issues if he's brought in to learn from someone else but not straight in.

The other rumour (and equally unlikely) is the current Glasgow CEO Nathan Bombrys would move to Edinburgh (lives in Edinburgh, already in the SRU employment) and Kellock would take over at Glasgow, as he is a Glasgow icon and is working towards something in this space.  I think if this was to happen (it won't) Glasgow fans would be moderately unhappy.
I would be unhappy although it must be hard being a pleasant Canadian in a city of aggressively friendly Weegies.

Even harder if you are a Yank!

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:32 pm

Apparently Marfo is going to make a long awaited return this week for Edinburgh. Cockers really doesn't have much to work with given all internationals from the AIs are unavailable so it will basically be the same squad as last week.

In better news Matt Scott is close to returning, maybe even in time for Newcastle double header. Worryingly though there's still no news on Charmichael. I'm sure I've seen photos of him back in training though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Oakdene on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:35 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Apparently Marfo is going to make a long awaited return this week for Edinburgh. Cockers really doesn't have much to work with given all internationals from the AIs are unavailable so it will basically be the same squad as last week.

In better news Matt Scott is close to returning, maybe even in time for Newcastle double header. Worryingly though there's still no news on Charmichael. I'm sure I've seen photos of him back in training though.

Is this the same for Glasgow?

Oakdene

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:36 pm

It will be yes, but Glasgow have done well over the period without internationals whereas we have been rotten (and have had to play kids in the back 5).

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Oakdene on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:39 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:It will be yes, but Glasgow have done well over the period without internationals whereas we have been rotten (and have had to play kids in the back 5).

Thanks, I'm a Scarlets fan so was interested as Pivac has said (Thomson & Halfpenny aside) we are only resting Gareth Davies, Ken Owens & Hadleigh Parkes.

Oakdene

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:39 pm


BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:40 pm

Oakdene wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:It will be yes, but Glasgow have done well over the period without internationals whereas we have been rotten (and have had to play kids in the back 5).

Thanks, I'm a Scarlets fan so was interested as Pivac has said (Thomson & Halfpenny aside) we are only resting Gareth Davies, Ken Owens & Hadleigh Parkes.

Any update on Thomson's injury? It looked really bad.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Oakdene on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:47 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:It will be yes, but Glasgow have done well over the period without internationals whereas we have been rotten (and have had to play kids in the back 5).

Thanks, I'm a Scarlets fan so was interested as Pivac has said (Thomson & Halfpenny aside) we are only resting Gareth Davies, Ken Owens & Hadleigh Parkes.

Any update on Thomson's injury? It looked really bad.

No no update, but Pivac is on record as saying he was going to be given this period off anyway following his Super Rugby exertions.

Oakdene

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:49 pm

Oakdene wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:It will be yes, but Glasgow have done well over the period without internationals whereas we have been rotten (and have had to play kids in the back 5).

Thanks, I'm a Scarlets fan so was interested as Pivac has said (Thomson & Halfpenny aside) we are only resting Gareth Davies, Ken Owens & Hadleigh Parkes.

Any update on Thomson's injury? It looked really bad.

No no update, but Pivac is on record as saying he was going to be given this period off anyway following his Super Rugby exertions.

Was that based on him playing in the AIs though?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Oakdene on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:53 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:It will be yes, but Glasgow have done well over the period without internationals whereas we have been rotten (and have had to play kids in the back 5).

Thanks, I'm a Scarlets fan so was interested as Pivac has said (Thomson & Halfpenny aside) we are only resting Gareth Davies, Ken Owens & Hadleigh Parkes.

Any update on Thomson's injury? It looked really bad.

No no update, but Pivac is on record as saying he was going to be given this period off anyway following his Super Rugby exertions.

Was that based on him playing in the AIs though?

Nope not as far as I am aware.

Oakdene

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Thu 29 Nov 2018, 12:09 pm

Well Cockers was not joking when he said that he was going to rest players for the Munster game.

It would be hard to even call that a B team! This could get very messy.

One positive is that we get to see George Taylor make his debut in the centre. I hope he can tackle well, he is unlikely to be seeing much ball!

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Thu 29 Nov 2018, 12:12 pm


RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by George Carlin on Thu 29 Nov 2018, 2:33 pm

Anyone heard any decent Brexit jokes yet?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14727
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by jimbopip on Thu 29 Nov 2018, 7:26 pm

Brexit? What is that? Is it a new type of omelette?

Actually that appalling joke was to cover my terror. I had read it as Bru exit and thought the Blessed Ian was leaving us. Erm

jimbopip

Posts : 4976
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 1:35 pm

Still no signs of Denton or Thompson in the Tigers and Scarlets squads.

Bad concusions for both of them to be out this long. Denton has had issues with this previously, which makes it even more of a worry.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 1:52 pm

Matt Scott and Charmichael still to make a return too. Charmichael has missed all pre-season and the full season so far.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 1:57 pm

https://twitter.com/derekalberts1/status/1068437318992871424?s=19

Absolute shambles from Jamie Farndale - we would have beaten Fiji!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by jimbopip on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 2:05 pm

That is special furious

The fact that he puts the ball within 5cm's of the ground, thinks better of it and fools himself that the defender has fallen for the dummy furious furious furious furious furious

jimbopip

Posts : 4976
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 2:08 pm

It's not like we desperately needed the conversion - we were only 3 behind!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 3:15 pm

Fortunately we still qualified for the quarter finals, but we should really have won the group.

The difference that makes unfortunately is that we play NZ in the quarters!

Still it has been a decent showing for the first run out of the season.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Sun 02 Dec 2018, 12:31 pm

Good interview with matt Fagerson in the Sunday Times with Mark Palmer

The third Fagerson brother Nathanial, is apparently a 6ft 4 inch tight head prop and big! There is also a 4th brother in the pipeline. Mr and Mrs F have definitely done their bit for Scottish Rugby!



Matt Fgerson was the one making the tackle, but that was the moment it hit him. Not only did he deserve to breathe the same air as Billy Vunipola, he was capable of making a player of that ilk breathe pretty hard himself. “Saracens at Scotstoun was class — you were going up against the Titans of the Premiership and I didn’t feel like I was behind the pace,” says the Glasgow No 8. “There was a lot of chat about me and Billy Vunipola beforehand, people saying it was David versus Goliath and a lot of other rubbish. I thought, ‘Screw it then, I’ve got nothing to lose’.

“Early on, Vunipola came down the short channel off a lineout, I just chucked everything at it and put a pretty good shot on him. The crowd seemed to like it and I really found my feet from there.”


Reassurance is the last thing you would have expected Fagerson to require. Although he only turned 20 in July, he has looked composed and confident from the moment he joined Warriors in 2016, weeks after leaving school.



Weighty matter: Matt Fagerson brings attributes like nimble footwork and passing skills to those of the typically bulkier back-row forwards

Weighty matter: Matt Fagerson brings attributes like nimble footwork and passing skills to those of the typically bulkier back-row forwards
CRAIG WATSON

A couple of months later, still 18, he became the youngest Glasgow player to ever feature in Europe and the pace of his progress has hardly slowed since the advent of Dave Rennie. Yet when the first speed bump arrived, it was a big one, Fagerson selling a crucial try on his Test debut six months ago by dropping a high ball against the USA. From 21-6 up, Scotland lost.

“It definitely knocked my confidence. I started questioning myself about whether I was ready to play international rugby,” he says. “I’m not the biggest guy and I just felt like in Houston the ball was so slippy, I couldn’t even chuck out a fend because I didn’t want it to fly out of my hands. When I came back into this pre-season it was a bit of a slow burner too. I tore the quad in my left leg and had a frustrating month and a half before we got to Saracens.”




Fagerson knows his size is always going to be talked about, even if he is now 10kg heavier than the 98kg stated on the Glasgow website and has coped not only with Vunipola (130kg) but a double dose of Nick Williams (also 130kg) and CJ Stander in his last four club games.

The form the one-time Glasgow Hawks player has shown is reflected in him being the most recent recipient of the McCrea Financial Services Warrior of the Month award, voted for by supporters on the basis of a shortlist Rennie draws up.

The Kiwi is a major advocate for Fagerson, regularly enthusing about the quality of his footwork, his speed and ability to break the line. Rennie also praises how quickly he gets himself back into the game in defence and appreciates his increasing worth as a lineout forward. If he will never physically rival players like Vunipola or Williams, he can still be everything his coaches want and need him to be. As Fagerson himself will have noted, several of the best breakaways Rennie had at Chiefs were hardly outsize. Michael Leitch is 103kg, so is Sam Cane, and Liam Messam is the same weight as Fagerson. Height-wise, the Scot is within 2cm of them all.

“Dave takes a completely different view compared to what people might think of as the traditional number 8. He loves a creative pass and footwork’s a massive thing for his loose forwards. You’re expected to be able to put a pass over the top and step someone on the outside.

“I feel a lot fitter and with the game I play, wanting to use my feet in the wide channels, I don’t feel I need to have that weight. I feel I’m quite dynamic instead. Someone like Liam Messam would sit you on your arse if he ran straight, but he’s always been able to step off both feet and offload too.”

Fagerson made the opposite journey to elder brother Zander, who started out at No 8 before making his way to the front row. A third brother, Nathanael, has played for Scotland under-16 and the Bath academy side while undertaking a music scholarship at Dorset’s Sherborne College. Like Zander, he is a tight-head prop with vocal skills beyond grunting. Zander was a member of the National Boys choir, while Nathanael is in the National Youth Choir of Scotland and also plays several instruments to grade six or higher.

“He’s got the full package apart from looks,” laughs Fagerson, who himself used to play the oboe and was a schoolboy regional golfer. “He’s towering above me, 6ft 4in and growing all the time. We’ve another brother, Agris, and a little sister, Rachel, and the best thing is that if one of them pisses you off, you know you can go to the other three.”

In Houston, he and Zander became the 22nd pair of brothers to play a Test together for Scotland, a far cry (one would assume) from the lawless games of “ultimate football” that used to take place in the back garden in Kirriemuir. “No rules, tackle however you want,” says Fagerson, apparently not still talking about blokes who play for Saracens. Zander isn’t shy about getting involved in any argy-bargy (“he just throws handbags, he doesn’t scrap,” says little brother with a mischievous scoff) and neither sees any contradiction between what’s required on the pitch and their religious faith. “We grew up in a Christian household and our grandfather, James Buchan, was a preacher. Me and Zander both have his initials, JSB, on our wrists when we play. Mum and Dad embedded it in us and it’s quite a big thing to me.

“I wouldn’t be trying to shove it down anyone’s throat, I’m not like that, but if someone asks me if I’m a Christian, I say yes. Out there [on the field] you don’t take crap from people, but it’s an incredible game, rugby, Last week against Cardiff, me and Nick Williams met in a tackle, and he was on the floor, saying, ‘Good hit bro’, good hit’.”

There have been more speed bumps. A dead leg forced Fagerson off after half an hour of his Murrayfield debut against Fiji and he wasn’t able to feature again in the autumn Tests. But as Europe comes around once more, he won’t be doubting that his place is with the big boys.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 1:07 pm


RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 8:49 am

Tumbleweed

This place was a bit of a ghost town yesterday!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by EWT Spoons on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 9:22 am

Tumbleweed

EWT Spoons

Posts : 3423
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by jimbopip on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 10:30 am

Two points, Admin Boy warning

Firstly, I seriously doubt that we will be entertained by the Schizoid One this Chrimbo. I think the constant banning of him and refusal on your part to announce an all out Jihad on The Festering One finally broke his sensitive heart. heart censored


Secondly, DR's post match comment, " some coaches might grizzle about players missing; we prefer to focus on the players we have available." Will have Cockers foaming at the mouth today. He'll be apoplectic by the time The Annual Slaughter Of The Effiminates takes place. Meanwhile DR will quietly be preparing a 23 which will hammer anyone who looks as if they exfoliate.

jimbopip

Posts : 4976
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 10:32 am

Headscratch

Why did you post a duplication of one of your posts from days ago in this thread Jimbo?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by George Carlin on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 10:49 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Headscratch

Why did you post a duplication of one of your posts from days ago in this thread Jimbo?
Because you said it was a bit quiet around here?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14727
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by jimbopip on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 10:49 am

Just to ruffle the tumbleweed Tumbleweed

jimbopip

Posts : 4976
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by tigertattie on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 11:36 am

anyone else think Jimbo forgot to take one of his pills today?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by jimbopip on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:17 pm

One? If only.

However, the Chrimbo fixtures will help calm me down. Ho, ho,feccin ho.

The Once And Future Champions are on fire and the Metrosexual Festival Luvvies are barely even smouldering.

jimbopip

Posts : 4976
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by tigertattie on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:56 pm

I'm looking forward to the annual slaughter of the festive chokers.

In the last 3 years I can count on one hand the number of times Glasgow have managed to beat Edinburgh. I need both hands to count the number of Edinburgh wins.

We've worked out how to play you lot. As Jonesy would say "They don't like it up em"

Won't be long now till we see the usual occurance of Glasgow starting to slide down the performance scales as Edinburgh climb them. Yer all huff and puff and when your puff goes, you go into a huff!

Also, what will you do next year when Hoggy is away to Exeter? He's going to be very difficult to replace and I don't think Jacko is the answer!

Glasgow, a club on the wane!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by IanBru on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 2:28 pm

tigertattie wrote:
Won't be long now till we see the usual occurance of Glasgow starting to slide down the performance scales as Edinburgh climb them. Yer all huff and puff and when your puff goes, you go into a huff!
How poetic. One might even comment that you talk an awful lot of guff, but I'm far too polite for such things.
IanBru
IanBru

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 8:35 am

Now that we're into December I wonder how far away John Barclay is from returning? The last we heard he was targeting a December return and there was a strong chance he could make his debut against Glasgow!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 9:03 am

Not to sure about JB, but Dave Reenie gave an update about some of the other Glasgow injured yesterday.

Sam Johnson and lee Jones back by January and Zander by Feb, so sounds like they are all coming on very nicely and Glasgow injury situation is looking a whole lot better.

It would be especialy good if we could see ZF back for at least a part of the 6N.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by tigertattie on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 9:58 am

BigGee wrote:Not to sure about JB, but Dave Reenie gave an update about some of the other Glasgow injured yesterday.

Sam Johnson and lee Jones back by January and Zander by Feb, so sounds like they are all coming on very nicely and Glasgow injury situation is looking a whole lot better.

It would be especialy good if we could see ZF back for at least a part of the 6N.

You do know that JB is an Edinburgh player now???
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7011
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by demosthenes on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 12:21 pm

tigertattie wrote:
BigGee wrote:Not to sure about JB, but Dave Reenie gave an update about some of the other Glasgow injured yesterday.

Sam Johnson and lee Jones back by January and Zander by Feb, so sounds like they are all coming on very nicely and Glasgow injury situation is looking a whole lot better.

It would be especialy good if we could see ZF back for at least a part of the 6N.

You do know that JB is an Edinburgh player now???

Once a Warrior....

demosthenes

Posts : 500
Join date : 2013-10-23
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by George Carlin on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 12:58 pm

demosthenes wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
BigGee wrote:Not to sure about JB, but Dave Reenie gave an update about some of the other Glasgow injured yesterday.

Sam Johnson and lee Jones back by January and Zander by Feb, so sounds like they are all coming on very nicely and Glasgow injury situation is looking a whole lot better.

It would be especialy good if we could see ZF back for at least a part of the 6N.

You do know that JB is an Edinburgh player now???

Once a Warrior....
Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Uncle_11
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14727
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Eejit on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 6:22 pm

tigertattie wrote:
BigGee wrote:Not to sure about JB, but Dave Reenie gave an update about some of the other Glasgow injured yesterday.

Sam Johnson and lee Jones back by January and Zander by Feb, so sounds like they are all coming on very nicely and Glasgow injury situation is looking a whole lot better.

It would be especialy good if we could see ZF back for at least a part of the 6N.

You do know that JB is an Edinburgh player now???

He was trying to bring the conversation back round to a team whose season isn’t already dead maybe?

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Anglobraveheart on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 9:09 pm

On a slight change of tack, I've just read the Jamie Ritchie article in the Scotsman. Where he says he's "been glad to have a bit of time off with the kids, after the busy AI's".
FFS, he's only 22. How on earth has he been able to fit in a pro rugby career, international rugby career AND be a father to more than one child when he's not long out if nappies himself?
He'll be having his mid-life crisis by the time he's 25.....
Mental.

Anglobraveheart

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-05-21
Location : South of the Border

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 9:18 pm

Sorry Jimbo had to remove that post - just so you know you've not hha another senior moment!


Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Anglobraveheart on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 9:20 pm

It read like they were his. He'll have nothing left to do by his 30's.

Anglobraveheart

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-05-21
Location : South of the Border

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by RDW on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 9:25 pm

Aye they're his - think he had the first when he was 18/19. As a 31 year old who still doesn't feel like a proper grown up that thought terrifies me!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28173
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Anglobraveheart on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 9:31 pm

As a 52 yo, who has 2 boys, one just in double digits, the other mid teens, I know that becoming a dad in my latter 30's was defo early enough.
I'm clueless now at times, and as for being 22, I couldn't fathom my rear end from my elbow.

Anglobraveheart

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-05-21
Location : South of the Border

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by jimbopip on Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Sorry Jimbo had to remove that post - just so you know you've not had another senior moment!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

I don't know what makes me happier; being a bad boy ("because I'm bad, I'm bad, so bad") or getting an apology from Admin Boy.

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Or using that damned quote function correctly. Erm

jimbopip

Posts : 4976
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum