Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget - Page 2 Empty Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Post by thebandwagonsociety on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 6:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leinster Rugby squad to travel to South Africa this evening ahead of Sunday’s Guinness PRO14 Round 8 match against the Southern Kings (KO 2.45pm local/12.45pm Irish, live on eir Sport) has been announced.

Backs (12)

Adam Byrne (40 Leinster Rugby caps)
Tom Daly (10)
Ciarán Frawley (3)*
Jamison Gibson-Park (57)
Dave Kearney (125)
Hugo Keenan (2)*
Conor O’Brien (4)*
Jimmy O’Brien (0)*
Rory O’Loughlin (47)
Hugh O’Sullivan (2)*
Noel Reid (104)
Joe Tomane (8)

Forwards (15)

Vakh Abdaladze (2)
Michael Bent (109)
Bryan Byrne (29)
Ed Byrne (27)
Max Deegan (26)
Peter Dooley (51)
Caelan Doris (3)
Scott Fardy (28)
Mick Kearney (39)
Rónan Kelleher (0)*
Dan Leavy (57)
Ross Molony (68)
Josh Murphy (11)
Scott Penny (0)*
James Tracy (74)

*Denotes Leinster Rugby Academy.

If Leinster even manage to get a LBP I'd be very surprised.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2434
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down


Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Post by marty2086 on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:29 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:

A nice excuse, but doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. You can't use that for the rest of time while problems still exist.

Headscratch eh?

So you are saying having started decades before isn't an advantage?

RugbyFan100 wrote:
The Pro14 is available on FreeView more readily than the Premiership

Doesn't address my point at all.

Your point was contradictory, Pro14 is available to everyone, English league isn't except for 5 games a round

RugbyFan100 wrote:
How many pubs don't have PremierSport?
In my area, there are 11 pubs in the immediate vicinity. Just 1 has Premier Sports, and that was only installed last week.

So you have sh!t pubs in your area?

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Roman Poite is the top referee in France  

In France yes. Where he referees most of the time.

And he's rubbish so doesn't say much about the rest

RugbyFan100 wrote:
What percentage of attendances are made up of away fans?

How on earth would I have that detail to hand?

You're claiming the away fans are better than in the Pro14, surely you should know if there are actually any there?

The French teams rotating away from home and losing big really shows the rivalry and intensity
What have the results got to do with my point?

RugbyFan100 wrote:
How many Cheetahs and Kings game have you watched over the last 18 months?
8. Unfortunately.

So you watched something you don't like then complained about it? Rolling Eyes

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Were you not complaining about the Irish having budgets the same as the English and French before? Now they don't....I'm confused...which is it?

That's exactly why I underlined the word "across". I knew you would ignore it.
I wasn't complaining either. The Irish have huge budgets because their system works for them.....and good luck to them.
[/quote]

Except they don't but then again that is something else you never back up with facts

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Post by RugbyFan100 on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:55 am

marty2086 wrote:

So you are saying having started decades before isn't an advantage?

That's the end of the converstion then isn't it. The pro14 are exonerated. Because of this excuse.



Your point was contradictory, Pro14 is available to everyone, English league isn't except for 5 games a round

Nope. English league available on all 3 major platforms. Pro14 isn't.

So you have sh!t pubs in your area?

Really sh!t.


And he's rubbish so doesn't say much about the rest

He's excellent. Far better than anything in the Pro14.


You're claiming the away fans are better than in the Pro14, surely you should know if there are actually any there?

Odd logic. I know there are more people in Asia than there are in Bethnal Green. But I don't have figures. We may have reached 'Peak Marty Whataboutery' here.

So you watched something you don't like then complained about it?

Well I do like to watch Welsh rugby yes.

Were you not complaining about the Irish having budgets the same as the English and French before? Now they don't....I'm confused...which is it?

^^^^^

Except they don't but then again that is something else you never back up with facts

If they don't - why did you just bring it up to make a point? Laugh Laugh

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Post by RugbyFan100 on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:56 am

No 7&1/2 wrote: Just an English reaction to apologise for other people.

Eh?

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:58 am

I wasn't really meaning I was at fault.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 19236
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Post by marty2086 on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 12:35 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

So you are saying having started decades before isn't an advantage?

That's the end of the converstion then isn't it. The pro14 are exonerated. Because of this excuse.

It's not an excuse, it's a reason. The Pro14 is still evolving, that's hard to sell not to mention the threats from the Welsh and Italians of pulling out. Not easy to sell something that you aren't sure will exist. Takes time to sell and build, the EPL didn't get billion pound tv deals right away did they? The Premiership didn't get a huge tv deal early on did they?

RugbyFan100 wrote:


Your point was contradictory, Pro14 is available to everyone, English league isn't except for 5 games a round

Nope. English league available on all 3 major platforms. Pro14 isn't.

I'd say the BBC is the biggest platform which S4C is available, which Pro14 is available on, it's also available on all freeview boxes on FreeSports. That's available in more homes than Sky or BT

RugbyFan100 wrote:

You're claiming the away fans are better than in the Pro14, surely you should know if there are actually any there?

Odd logic. I know there are more people in Asia than there are in Bethnal Green. But I don't have figures. We may have reached 'Peak Marty Whataboutery' here.

Rolling Eyes

You're giving away fans credit for something yet you haven't a clue to what extent they contribute, so yes it's relevant.

RugbyFan100 wrote:
So you watched something you don't like then complained about it?

Well I do like to watch Welsh rugby yes.


You like watching it yet complain about having to watch it?  Erm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Were you not complaining about the Irish having budgets the same as the English and French before? Now they don't....I'm confused...which is it?

^^^^^

Except they don't but then again that is something else you never back up with facts

If they don't - why did you just bring it up to make a point? Laugh Laugh

I didn't, I brought up the fact that you have argued contradictory points

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro14 Round 8 - the round that the medjia forget

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum