The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

+11
Trebs
Marky
TwisT
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Renege
BamBam
Azzy
Hero
$ka
Afro
15 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 11 Empty FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by Afro Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the FIFA Challenge League

Game uses FIFA 19 version as at 10/01/2019
https://sofifa.com/?v=19&e=159334&set=true

Week 10
Grimsby Town v Macclesfield
Lincoln City v Bury
Cheltenham Town v Exeter City
Crewe Alexandra v Newport County
Colchester v Mansfield Town
Crawley Town v MK Dons
Cambridge Utd v Carlisle United
Morecambe v Forest Green

Hardcore Cup 2nd Round:

Links

https://www.twitch.tv/hero606v2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzMxThEbVCIiOq_gKOmMqH7WgcsIpYxleuPOWIzg-4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Team_________Manager
Bury_________$ka
Cambridge Utd_________Dolph
Carlisle United_________Fluxy
Cheltenham Town_________Twist
Colchester_________Azzy
Crawley Town_________Marky
Crewe Alexandra_________Nads
Exeter City_________Trebs
Forest Green_________TAB
Grimsby Town_________Fernando
Lincoln City_________Bam
Macclesfield_________Hero
Mansfield Town_________Rof
MK Dons_________Olly
Morecambe_________Afro
Newport County_________Sodhat

Matches_________Transfers_________Other
Fixtures_________Lawyers_________Rules
Table_________Foreigns_________Press Conferences
Injuries_________Releases_________
Tactics_________Confirmation_________
Results__________________
Cards__________________

Last edited by Afro on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 10:59 am; edited 68 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 11 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by BamBam Wed 05 Dec 2018, 3:15 pm

Fine by me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage II - Page 11 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage II

Post by BamBam Wed 05 Dec 2018, 3:59 pm

Tactics in

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 05 Dec 2018, 4:03 pm

I'm not happy. I would have tried to be luckier had I known in advance...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 05 Dec 2018, 4:09 pm

Marky wrote:I'm not happy. I would have tried to be luckier had I known in advance...
You've been trying to get lucky for years without success ghost

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 05 Dec 2018, 4:16 pm

Azzy wrote:
Marky wrote:I'm not happy. I would have tried to be luckier had I known in advance...
You've been trying to get lucky for years without success ghost

warning

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:41 pm

What FIFA version should we be using for applying the 70 FIFA rating cap. 1) Hero’s version that the games are played on or 2) the latest version.

Downside to each is 1) you are able buy players who have gone up on newer version, knowing you get the lift when Hero updates; or 2) you can have a player who has moved to 70 but will play with a higher rating until Hero updates.

I have signed Mugni today who is now 70, but is still 71 on Hero’s version (done unknowingly tbh).

Given the upgrade can happen anytime, I think 2 is better, but happy to reverse the Mugni deal if needed as he was only signed as a squad player.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:45 pm

Afro wrote:What FIFA version should we be using for applying the 70 FIFA rating cap. 1) Hero’s version that the games are played on or 2) the latest version.

Downside to each is 1) you are able buy players who have gone up on newer version, knowing you get the lift when Hero updates; or 2) you can have a player who has moved to 70 but will play with a higher rating until Hero updates.

I have signed Mugni today who is now 70, but is still 71 on Hero’s version (done unknowingly tbh).

Given the upgrade can happen anytime, I think 2 is better, but happy to reverse the Mugni deal if needed as he was only signed as a squad player.

Or the player has to be within the cap for both latest and game version at the time of purchase
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 05 Dec 2018, 11:10 pm

I was working on it being had to be 70 on the version we were using as I search for players based on that database

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 05 Dec 2018, 11:11 pm

As such, I’m more behind 1 than 2. Isn’t that fairer? That way you aren’t breaking the cap?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 05 Dec 2018, 11:15 pm

I think a mix has been used.
I had to reverse a GK signing a week or so ago as he had gone up to 71 in the latest version
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 05 Dec 2018, 11:18 pm

I’m thinking it should be 70 on both versions.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 8:45 am

Let's go with the cap needing to apply on both the latest version and the version used in the game.

I don't think there is anyone who has been bought already that hasn't complied with that anyway, apart from my guy yesterday.

I will reverse the deal for him and sign someone else
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 06 Dec 2018, 8:48 am

Think that makes sense. I've only been checking against Hero's version but will check against the latest going forward

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:05 am

Tactics done - good luck Dolph.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:15 am

I took the cup seriously thinking it was that I would be allowed to sign Fellaini if I won it...

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:54 am

I'm very confused now. One of my players has gone up to 71. Do I now need to release him and lose money?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:59 am

Azzy wrote:I'm very confused now. One of my players has gone up to 71. Do I now need to release him and lose money?

Sorry, I should clarify.

No you don't need to sell him.

Players need to be within the FIFA Rating Cap at the time of purchase on both the latest version and the version used to play the games. Players brought into the league inside the cap that subsequently go above the cap are okay and do not need to be sold.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:02 pm

So when we buy a player, we need to check two versions of FIFA? How do you do that?

I just assumed we were using the latest update, I may have purchased a player who was 71 but went down to 70 since for all I know.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:09 pm

On SoFIFA at least, you can select the version by clicking on the date at the top left. I've had my bookmark saved to the Oct 29 version, which is what Hero uses in the games

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:10 pm

Azzy wrote:So when we buy a player, we need to check two versions of FIFA? How do you do that?

I just assumed we were using the latest update, I may have purchased a player who was 71 but went down to 70 since for all I know.

Hero would have picked it up if you had as he would show as 71 on his game when he updates your squad.

It adds an extra check, but it is quite simple. Using SoFIFA (https://sofifa.com/), at the top right it says "FIFA 19 Dec 3 2018". This is on all pages, and clicking on it brings up all the older versions of FIFA. So find your player, and then as a final check, just change the version and check the rating is still within the cap.

October 29th is the version Hero is currently on.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:26 pm

On reflection regarding this rule should we have it that ones that will go up are allowed?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:32 pm

BamBam wrote:On SoFIFA at least, you can select the version by clicking on the date at the top left. I've had my bookmark saved to the Oct 29 version, which is what Hero uses in the games
I had no idea - thanks BamJamFam kiss

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:42 pm

I think if anything it should just be the current FIFA rating. So if your player was a 71, then goes down to 68 then you're okay, as you're penalised more down the line and presumably your player is out of form.

If it's the other way round then it's a way of getting the in form players for cheaper - it's exploiting the rules.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:46 pm

Trebs wrote:I think if anything it should just be the current FIFA rating. So if your player was a 71, then goes down to 68 then you're okay, as you're penalised more down the line and presumably your player is out of form.

If it's the other way round then it's a way of getting the in form players for cheaper - it's exploiting the rules.

This was my stance, but then others felt that it was obvious it should be the other way around. The obvious solution is for it to be both
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:47 pm

Hero wrote:On reflection regarding this rule should we have it that ones that will go up are allowed?

How do you mean?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:42 pm

Hero - any ideas what's happened to Outside of the Boot. The seem to have vanished off the planet
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:52 pm

Trebs wrote:I think if anything it should just be the current FIFA rating. So if your player was a 71, then goes down to 68 then you're okay, as you're penalised more down the line and presumably your player is out of form.

See I disagree on this one, case in point the player Afro went for, he's dropped to a 70 this week from 71 and has a few other stats reduced. Afro though could buy him as a 71 rated player and use him as that for several weeks, I then do an update and Afro then sells him that week. Penalising down the line doesn't really penalise.
The other way round is less exploitation and more planning ahead, you see a player is due a rise, you don't get the benefit immediately and have to wait until I update.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:53 pm

Afro wrote:Hero - any ideas what's happened to Outside of the Boot. The seem to have vanished off the planet

Not sure which is a shame as was probably my main go to source for scouting!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:58 pm

Hero wrote:
The other way round is less exploitation and more planning ahead, you see a player is due a rise, you don't get the benefit immediately and have to wait until I update.

The other way is already knowing a player is going to get better. The change to the latest version could in theory happen at any time, and whilst I don't believe you would do it anyway other than honestly, it does make the time of upgrading more subjective.

So both alternatives have a downside, and people will clearly sit on one side of the fence or the other. Hence why the fairest answer is the one we have adopted where it has to fall inside the cap on both versions
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Thu 06 Dec 2018, 3:07 pm

I think having to be capped at 70 on both versions is fair at time of buying

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 06 Dec 2018, 4:19 pm

We are just talking about a 1 or 2 point increase/decrease though right? And it's not going to affect their TM value.

I think we are over thinking it. I see it as a non issue. If it's 70 on sofifa and 71 in game then so be it. I don't think it's game changing.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 06 Dec 2018, 4:39 pm

Renege wrote:I think having to be capped at 70 on both versions is fair at time of buying
That's fine. But should we say that it's versions that are four weeks apart, rather than having 29 October as our original benchmark and lasting until February? Plenty of players will change dramatically during that time.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 5:21 pm

TwisT wrote:We are just talking about a 1 or 2 point increase/decrease though right? And it's not going to affect their TM value.

I think we are over thinking it. I see it as a non issue. If it's 70 on sofifa and 71 in game then so be it. I don't think it's game changing.

I think its simple tbh. Its 70 on both and everyone knows where they stand then.

Azzy wrote:
Renege wrote:I think having to be capped at 70 on both versions is fair at time of buying
That's fine. But should we say that it's versions that are four weeks apart, rather than having 29 October as our original benchmark and lasting until February? Plenty of players will change dramatically during that time.

We can't set a specific time scale. When the version is updated, it resets all the squads to real life, which means Hero has to go in and move all the players about again. That should be done only when he is willing and able to put that time in.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 06 Dec 2018, 5:51 pm

Isn’t it going to be that we move up to 75 at the update?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 6:09 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Isn’t it going to be that we move up to 75 at the update?

That’ll be at the end of the season. Version update could be any time.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 06 Dec 2018, 6:24 pm

Ahh.

I kinda think it only matters as of now. Anyone who finds someone who was 70 then and 70+ now is welcome to them, they’ve scouted, they get no advantage till the update, others will have found potential growth anyway.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 06 Dec 2018, 6:47 pm

I think it's just got to be start of the season date and today personally.
And it's purely based on whatever sofifa rates them as surely, any other numbers are irrelevant.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

It’s latest version and whatever one Hero runs on his xbox.

If he wants to update over Xmas then I think it’s up to him. It’s his game.

His son applied the update in the last game Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 06 Dec 2018, 7:43 pm

I am planning on an update over Xmas/New Year.

On that note could someone else who has FIFA try something out for me?
Basically make some changes to teams and save the file. Then when the weekly update happens download the update so it resets the squad changes you made, then load the file. Want to see if it then amends squads to what you changed with updates. If that's the case then can update without issues.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:52 pm

I can update FUT without it changing my squads, but I’ll look at the other thing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 09 Dec 2018, 2:43 pm

Will replay Carlisle v Bury, fecking Fifa did its swap players about thing.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 10 Dec 2018, 11:16 am

Morning all. Great to see Citeh lose eh? Always nice to see them throw away an unbeaten season, right after Adrian Durham says they could go all season unbeaten. Especially nice that he launched abuse at the betting company guy at the weekend for saying he thought Chelsea would win 2-0. I think he asked him "are you high" on national radio Laugh

Here you go Adrian egg Rolling Eyes egg

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 10 Dec 2018, 11:20 am

Adrian Durham is a prize muppet isn't he

Nice to see Citeh lose, but of course the worst possible bunch of fans have something to crow about instead.

Good to see Chelsea fans maintaining their image this weekend too, it had been a while Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 10 Dec 2018, 11:59 am

Hero wrote:Will replay Carlisle v Bury, fecking Fifa did its swap players about thing.

There goes my first league win of the season  Crying or Very sad

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2018, 12:55 pm

Fluxy wrote:
Hero wrote:Will replay Carlisle v Bury, fecking Fifa did its swap players about thing.

Sorry! May still happen though, will replay it this evening.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 10 Dec 2018, 1:02 pm

Hello guys, honest request. I am really struggling to find time for this at the moment - work has been seriously manic. I can still commit to doing tactics but I am looking for an joint manager to help with the scouting side. I just haven't had the time.

If anyone is interested or you know someone who might be, can you let me know please.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by $ka Mon 10 Dec 2018, 3:12 pm

Fluxy wrote:

Not for long! Looks like my first week result was a major fluke.

$ka

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 10 Dec 2018, 3:21 pm

$ka wrote:
Fluxy wrote:

Haha, we shall see! I don't hold much hope for the same result. Although IF, it does happen, then I might finally have found a formula. Which was pretty much my formation from last season  Laugh

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2018, 8:21 pm

Fluxy wrote:
$ka wrote:
Fluxy wrote:

Haha, we shall see! I don't hold much hope for the same result. Although IF, it does happen, then I might finally have found a formula. Which was pretty much my formation from last season  Laugh

Redone now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 11 Dec 2018, 8:50 am

Results, table, scorers, assists and cards all updated.

Going to do lawyers and injuries now - please can someone do mine, plus injuries for $ka
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next