Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Wales v South Africa
Date: Saturday 24th November 2018

Venue: Principality Stadium, Cardiff

Kick Off: 5:20pm

Referee: Luke Pearce (England)

TV Coverage: Live on BBC Two and S4C

Wales will face South Africa at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday 24th November during the Under Armour Series 2018. This will be the fourth and final autumn international to be played by Wales in 2018. The two teams will compete for the Prince William Cup, which was created by the WRU in 2007 to celebrate 100 years of rugby between Wales and South Africa.

Wales have beaten the Springboks in each of their last three encounters. The most recent win came during a summer tour match in Washington DC, where Wales emerged 22-20 victors.

Wales and South Africa have contested a total of 34 rugby test matches since their first meeting in 1906. Wales have won five of those matches, whilst South Africa have won 28 matches. Wales and South Africa also drew a match in 1970.

Springboks coach Erasmus expecting 'toughest test'

South Africa coach Rassie Erasmus says Wales will provide the toughest test of their tour.

The Springboks are hoping to build on victories against France and Scotland after a narrow loss against England.

Wales are on an eight-match unbeaten run and aiming to complete a first autumn clean sweep after beating Scotland, Australia and Tonga.

"We have four tough matches on this tour but are ending probably with the toughest," said Erasmus.

Wales have won their last three games against the Springboks with home victories in 2016 and 2017 and a tour triumph in Washington DC in June 2018.

"We desperately want to win and it will be a physical and tactical test," added Erasmus.

"The way they manage the game is a typical northern hemisphere side and Warren Gatland really understands the technical side.

"To keep a job like this in a rugby-mad country for so long shows his quality. What I can see from him in this specific cycle is the way he is building depth for the World Cup."

Captain Siya Kolisi is available after escaping with an official warning from World Rugby's citing commissioner for a head-butt incident in the 26-20 victory over Scotland.

Lock Eben Etzebeth also faces a fitness test on Tuesday on the leg injury that forced him off against England and resulted in him missing the wins over France and Scotland.

Erasmus says influential Sale Sharks scrum-half Faf de Klerk will miss the game because he wants to look at other nines like Embrose Papier and Ivan van Zyl.

De Klerk has been named on World Rugby's player of the year shortlist alongside fellow South African Malcolm Marx, New Zealand duo Beauden Barrett and Rieko Ioane and Ireland fly-half Johnny Sexton.

De Klerk missed the victory over Scotland and was released back to Sale, although Erasmus has insisted there are no contractual issues.

Wales are ranked third in the world behind New Zealand and Ireland who defeated the All Blacks last weekend and Erasmus rates their World Cup chances.

"It's an open race," said Erasmus.

"New Zealand and Ireland are the clear favourites but Wales are hovering there and are almost like silent assassins at this stage.

"If we manage to beat Wales this weekend the only team we have not beaten who are real contenders is Ireland.

"That gives us hope but it will not be easy."

South Africa will be a different proposition from the team that lost in Cardiff last year with Erasmus taking over at the start of 2018.

It has still proved a mixed year of results but the Springboks managed a famous away win in New Zealand and lie fifth in the world rankings.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:26 pm

So, what do we all reckon then ? I think this might be a bridge too far for Wales, we have had a good autumn, but the last half hour aside against Tonga we have looked quite pedestrian.

Although our defence has been quite solid, this could well be another arm wrestle for Wales, and this is the fixture of the final weekend.

I cannot call this either way.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:30 pm

I reckon it's always polite to put the source you've lifted from.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by majesticimperialman on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm

I see Halfpenny as been ruled out of this week ends game.

Will his absence be a big loss for Wales?
'

majesticimperialman

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:05 pm

I really hope Rassie doesn't make wholesale changes.

Time to take a Welsh test serious. We lose this saturday I am going to be seriously pissed off
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:18 pm

This is a huge Test match for Wales. We've beaten the Boks in our last three encounters with them, but it's fair to say that they were at a relatively low ebb during that time. We'll face the real McCoy on Saturday. If we can beat these Boks, then that really would be a statement.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22884
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Wales can certainly beat the Springboks but to do that, they will have to come straight out of the blocks and try and reduce any possession and confidence early on.

I always feel that the key to beating SA is to pressure a frustrate them in the first 20mins.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Wales have been successful at frustrating the Springboks and spoiling their rythm, then the Boks just lose the plot.

I haven't seen many more frustrating matches than Boks vs Wales.

There has been some utterly dire matches between the two in recent times.
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:09 am

Need an 80 minute performance, Boks are the comeback kings. We should have a strong bench on this occasion which will help negate the inevitable boklash.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7355
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:20 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I reckon it's always polite to put the source you've lifted from.

I am going to ask the MODS to take this thread down, because yet again, the TROLLS are out in force.

How many match threads on this forum lately ?

How many are set up this way ?

And yet you find the need to have to do this on one that I have done. You are pathetic.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 am

No. That's not a troll. That is saying you should lift other people's work and not credit it. If you don't want to acknowledge that then yes it should be taken down.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 am

Just ignore him LD
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:25 am

You should be askin him to quote the source as a mod biltong. Just a quick check and none of the other match day threads have lifted a wales online article line for line.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:29 am

Why do you insist on being so pedantic and just a general pain on non England threads?

Just let it go.
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:30 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:You should be askin him to quote the source as a mod biltong.  Just a quick check and none of the other match day threads have lifted a wales online article line for line.

Non of that was taken from Wales Online.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:35 am

Cool. Where did you take it from. Or are you saying bar the quotes that's all you? I'm simply saying it's the done thing to quote your source rather than to plagiarise. You're now spending time putting the thread off track rather than a quick edit.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 am

Non of them are taking others work as I stated above. Hey if you're saying you wrote every word of that fair enough. I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 am

Or you could just stop spoiling threads as Biltong has asked.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:39 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Need an 80 minute performance, Boks are the comeback kings. We should have a strong bench on this occasion which will help negate the inevitable boklash.

I agree to the full 80in performance but also feel the first 20mins is the most important. Frustrate the Springboks in that period and you stand a good chance of beating them.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:40 am

Simply add a source of where you've taken that. It's unfair to take credit of others work. As I said you could have edited this by now yet you're just complaining someone has the audacity to call you on it.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 am

Jaysus wept, can we just discuss rugby...
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:05 am

I think Gatland and co. have a massive headache going into this game. Halfpenny out, who do you replace him with, Liam Williams or Jonah Homes, then without Halfpenny's goal kicking, does he bring Biggar in for his accuracy, or does he stick with Anscombe with Patchell on the bench ?

We have unearthed some serious strength in depth this year, what with the summer tours and the AI's. This could be the start of some exciting times for team Wales.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 am

It would have to be Williams to replace Halfpenny at 15 I would think. His goal kicking will be missed but not that much if Biggar is playing.

I think Wales have been building quite well for the RWC with regards to the strength in depth and I think we will see a coy approach to the 6N from them as well.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:17 am

eirebilly wrote:It would have to be Williams to replace Halfpenny at 15 I would think. His goal kicking will be missed but not that much if Biggar is playing.

I think Wales have been building quite well for the RWC with regards to the strength in depth and I think we will see a coy approach to the 6N from them as well.

Trouble is billy, I do not think Biggar will be picked on Saturday, not even for the bench. I think it will be Anscombe with Patchell on the bench.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:19 am

Whose work are you trying to take credit for?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:26 am

7&1/2

Get over yourself, LD has Asked for no credit, if you don't want to discuss rugby, disappear from this thread, you made your point and Ld is not entertaining it.

avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:28 am

As a mod you should be ensuring that plagiarism isn't rife shouldn't you? He's taking credit by trying to pass it as his own. Happy to talk rugby and he's avoiding that by refusing to edit and add a short update as to where he has lifted the narrative from.
And I'm quite happy for you to delete all the comments once he's given proper credit.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by RDW_Scotland on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 am

No 7&1/2 - I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by your personal crusade against LD but it is ruining threads.

LD - if you could paste a link to any articles that you are quoting from in your posts thanks.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 24838
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:32 am

LordDowlais wrote:
eirebilly wrote:It would have to be Williams to replace Halfpenny at 15 I would think. His goal kicking will be missed but not that much if Biggar is playing.

I think Wales have been building quite well for the RWC with regards to the strength in depth and I think we will see a coy approach to the 6N from them as well.

Trouble is billy, I do not think Biggar will be picked on Saturday, not even for the bench. I think it will be Anscombe with Patchell on the bench.

As much as I rate Anscombe, Biggar for me is the better option. His kicking and defence work alone is worth its weight in gold.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:32 am

Thanks rdw.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:35 am

It's off the WRU website.

I just wanted a place to talk about this weekends game, it's a shame that certain members on this forum have to spoil it for everyone. I am seriously wondering why I bother on here anymore. The way No 7&1/2 behaves on here, without even copping a ban just sucks the life out of me.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am

eirebilly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
eirebilly wrote:It would have to be Williams to replace Halfpenny at 15 I would think. His goal kicking will be missed but not that much if Biggar is playing.

I think Wales have been building quite well for the RWC with regards to the strength in depth and I think we will see a coy approach to the 6N from them as well.

Trouble is billy, I do not think Biggar will be picked on Saturday, not even for the bench. I think it will be Anscombe with Patchell on the bench.

As much as I rate Anscombe, Biggar for me is the better option. His kicking and defence work alone is worth its weight in gold.

I agree, but there are lots of people here in WAles who would beg to differ. I would not pick Anscombe on Saturday, with the big fellas SA have. Bigger has proven time and again he is always up for a hard game. I just don't think Anscombe has the mentality for a battle.


Last edited by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by RDW_Scotland on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:37 am

LordDowlais wrote:It's off the WRU website.

I just wanted a place to talk about this weekends game, it's a shame that certain members on this forum have to spoil it for everyone. I am seriously wondering why I bother on here anymore. The way No 7&1/2 behaves on here, without even copping a ban just sucks the life out of me.

All you need to do is paste a link and everything will be fine OK

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 24838
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:It's off the WRU website.

I just wanted a place to talk about this weekends game, it's a shame that certain members on this forum have to spoil it for everyone. I am seriously wondering why I bother on here anymore. The way No 7&1/2 behaves on here, without even copping a ban just sucks the life out of me.

All you need to do is paste a link and everything will be fine OK

NOPE.

I am not giving into the TROLLS on here. Sorry.

You shouldn't be worrying where or how I got the info, you need to be sorting out members like No 7&1/2 who are always spoiling this place for everybody else. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by RDW_Scotland on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:40 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:It's off the WRU website.

I just wanted a place to talk about this weekends game, it's a shame that certain members on this forum have to spoil it for everyone. I am seriously wondering why I bother on here anymore. The way No 7&1/2 behaves on here, without even copping a ban just sucks the life out of me.

All you need to do is paste a link and everything will be fine OK

NOPE.

I am not giving into the TROLLS on here. Sorry.

You shouldn't be worrying where or how I got the info, you need to be sorting out members like No 7&1/2 who are always spoiling this place for everybody else. OK

It's not for the 'trolls', it's so that you're giving credit to other's work if you are quoting from it.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 24838
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 am

I have not asked for credit though. I have not claimed anything. I have just started a thread on a forum to get people talking about a game on the weekend.

I have done nothing wrong, nothing in what I have done has claimed it was done by me. If you do not want to deal with No 7&1/2 for his antics, then fine. You will continue to lose members, but please do not accuse me of claiming credit when I have not.

I have at least tried to engage in rugby conversation on this thread, something that No 7&1/2 has not even entertained. Are you OK with that ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by RDW_Scotland on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 am

LD I'm not having a go and not accusing you of claiming credit - all I'm saying is this is a public forum and if people are going to be quoting from other websites we need a link giving credit.

7&1/2 shouldn't be hounding you about it and I've told him to stop - this is literally to stop the forum being accused of plagerism of someone else's work.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 24838
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by BamBam on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:52 am


The irony of quoting these and not being able to spot the difference Laugh

Looking forward to this one, think the Boks will be looking to put down a marker after losing the last couple against Wales. Am I right in thinking this one is in the window, so no issues with player availability?

BamBam

Posts : 14396
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by LordDowlais on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:53 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:this is literally to stop the forum being accused of plagerism of someone else's work.

I am going to personally report to you, every copy and paste I see on here now, if you are going to set a president, and accuse people of plagerism.


No 7&1/2 has ruined many threads on here, he gets away with his subtle trolling all the time. I am finding it harder and harder to use this place to discuss rugby as members like him keep getting away with their nonsense.

This is the last I am saying on the matter now though. I just want to talk about next Saturdays game.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12719
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by RDW_Scotland on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:06 am

LD I’m trying to help you here and help the forum – you get your way in that 7&1/2 stops trolling you and he is happy that links are provided to articles. I really don’t know why you’re getting so defensive but if you want to discuss this further send me a PM. Tone doesn’t come across on written word but I’m genuinely trying to help resolve the situation here and in no way am I having a go or accusing you of plagerism (and I've already said this so I don't know why you still think I am).

I’ll do my best to ensure links are providing across the forum in the future but as you know we’re volunteers so there is a chance some will be missed. All it takes is a reminder and people should be fine putting a link up without making a big deal about it.

OK

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 24838
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 31
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 am

Do I have to quote myself now when posting so that someone else does not claim credit for my stupidity? Run
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 am

Only if 7&1/2 is around Rolling Eyes
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:26 am

1-7 and 8 and above is cool with it.
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:26 am

LordDowlais wrote:

I agree, but there are lots of people here in WAles who would beg to differ. I would not pick Anscombe on Saturday,  with the big fellas SA have. Bigger has proven time and again he is always up for a hard game. I just don't think Anscombe has the mentality for a battle.

I think that Anscombe has the big game mentality but not sure he has the big game capabilities of Biggar (not sure if that makes any sense). As I said, against SA, Biggar needs to start as he is one of the best/if not best defenders at 10 in the game. I saw, against Scotland, how SA can expose teams through that 10 channel when on attack. Sexton for Ireland and Farrell for England have shown that having a 10 that blocks that channel, block SA.

avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 am

Well SA haven't played well against Wales since June 2014. So I hope Rassie keeps continuity in selection and prepare well for this test.
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 am

No need for the insults gower.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16783
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by eirebilly on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:31 am

I think he will Biltong, he showed that whilst at Munster. Even when not performing to their best, he kept the faith of selection continuity and Munster improved under him.

Still gutted ye lot took him back to be fair.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23546
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 am

eirebilly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I agree, but there are lots of people here in WAles who would beg to differ. I would not pick Anscombe on Saturday,  with the big fellas SA have. Bigger has proven time and again he is always up for a hard game. I just don't think Anscombe has the mentality for a battle.

I think that Anscombe has the big game mentality but not sure he has the big game capabilities of Biggar (not sure if that makes any sense). As I said, against SA, Biggar needs to start as he is one of the best/if not best defenders at 10 in the game. I saw, against Scotland, how SA can expose teams through that 10 channel when on attack. Sexton for Ireland and Farrell for England have shown that having a 10 that blocks that channel, block SA.


Yes, currently our 10-12-13 are big ball carriers with the midfield limited in creative offload and passing skills.

So a "weaker" midfield defence can struggle. Until Rassie develops that 10-12-13 combination into being more creative on attack it can be stifled with strong midfield defence. A big backrow does help defending against it as well.
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Biltong on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 am

eirebilly wrote:I think he will Biltong, he showed that whilst at Munster. Even when not performing to their best, he kept the faith of selection continuity and Munster improved under him.

Still gutted ye lot took him back to be fair.

Geez mate, we need at least some of our intellectual property
avatar
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Re: Wales v South Africa Saturday 24th November 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum