The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top 3 Elite in World Rugby

+20
tigertattie
SecretFly
LeinsterFan4life
Yoda
lostinwales
majesticimperialman
Hoonercat
Rugby Fan
TightHEAD
Brendan
BamBam
LordDowlais
robbo277
whocares
LondonTiger
No 7&1/2
Pie
Taylorman
Pot Hale
mikey_dragon
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Top 3 Elite in World Rugby - Page 3 Empty The Top 3 Elite in World Rugby

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:37 am

First topic message reminder :

For those of us not in denial, you'll know by now that the top 3 ranked teams in the world are:

1. New Zealand
2. Ireland
3. Wales

A bit of a shake-up on the traditional pecking order, but good to see none-the-less. We have a clear and accurate view of the top ranked teams in world rugby, especially the top 3. There is no doubting NZ and Ireland, and Wales should have silenced the doubters upon completing their clean sweep. Wales have also engaged in a lot of squad rotation since the summer and remained unbeaten, including wins over SH powerhouses SA and Aus, so quite a remarkable achievement. Our last two losses were away from home against Ireland and England, but with playing them at home in the next 6N we should hopefully turn them over, thus maintaining our status as a Top 3 Elite and possibly moving up depending on other results. NZ potentially still a bridge too far for the current team, but we won't know until we know.

Previously I thought the Top 3 Elite could be threatened, but SA have shown they are not capable of breaking in. I think England have the potential to move in. England should have a better 6N this time around but at this point I do expect them to lose some of their away matches; they will be playing two of the Top 3 Elite away from home and my predictions are usually accurate. Behind the fourth ranked team we have the rest;

4. England

5. SA
6. Australia
7. Scotland
8. Fiji
9. France
10. Argentina

England clearly stronger than those ranked below them, with SA not far off. Whilst England can threaten the Top 3 Elite, the others cannot. The teams ranked 5-10 are all capable of turning each other over, with the score line being pretty close as has been the case recently. With France looking like they're about to implode again and Argentina still being crap, I expect England to top that world cup pool. I believe the Top 3 Elite will each top their pools respectively, with Scotland second to Ireland, and SA second to NZ. Fiji also looking like a potential banana skin in Pool D so I hope that isn't a midweek outing for Wales.

We won't know if the status quo is under a real threat from England until the 6N, but until then here we have a clear and accurate view of the top 3 ranked teams in World Rugby.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Read pool ‘D’ as ‘B’ innit)

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

The Top 3 Elite in World Rugby - Page 3 Empty Re: The Top 3 Elite in World Rugby

Post by Taylorman Fri 30 Nov 2018, 11:26 pm

Hmm, Is it poaching when its free and even he didnt know he was providing the service. Maybe, but it worked. thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

The Top 3 Elite in World Rugby - Page 3 Empty Re: The Top 3 Elite in World Rugby

Post by Pot Hale Fri 30 Nov 2018, 11:51 pm

The Oracle wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Oracle, we love Barnes. Have you not been paying attention all these years. Hes possibly the best thing that ever happened to NZ rugby. Hes certainly lifted our win rate, taught us how to not lose another world cup match. And hes a much better ref. Everyone wins...except of course the cynics.Whistle

What you like to think and whats actually true are very different things. Barnes is fantastic. Has probably contributed more to nzs rugby success than any single other person, including kiwis. And we got all that for free thumbsup

Poaching NH ‘ref IP’.

laughing
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Sat 01 Dec 2018, 2:32 am

Taylorman wrote:
Pie wrote:Yeah I buy that...NZ have a mentality that will feed off that suggestion they're failing. However the difference as an observer is that I just dont think NZ have the quality of player they've had before, especially in terms of on field leadership. Read is frankly creaking and no McCaws, Carters, Conrad Smiths etc to take up the slack as in the past.

I have no doubt NZ will be there or there about come RWC, point is I think Ireland will be as equally prepared. If they can get past 1/4 final then I expect them to go all the way to the final. It will certainly make for a closer tournament and more potential for an upset. Great for the fans.

And you continue to feed it, If Id had a dollar for every time Ive seen NZ not having the quality....one thing about being number one... you dont live in the past.

so basically NZ take an over confident approach to any suggestion they're dipping, if you say they are it only makes them better. Genius in its phyrric simplicity.

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Sat 01 Dec 2018, 2:39 am

TightHEAD wrote:In the RWC you only get one chance, how many games against the BIG three have Wales and Ireland won at the RWC.

Also I have my doubts two of the Elite 3 could win away from home vs the ‘mighty 6’

In forum terms you are the 'Challenged 1'

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3