Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by miaow on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

WALES’ 2019 RWC SQUAD:

Forwards: Jake Ball, Adam Beard, Rhys Carre, James Davies, Elliot Dee, Ryan Elias, Tomas Francis, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones, Wyn Jones, Dillon Lewis, Ross Moriarty, Josh Navidi, Ken Owens, Aaron Shingler, Nicky Smith, Justin Tipuric, Aaron Wainwright.

Backs: Josh Adams, Hallam Amos, Dan Biggar, Aled Davies, Gareth Davies, Jonathan Davies, Leigh Halfpenny, George North, Hadleigh Parkes, Rhys Patchell, Owen Watkin, Liam Williams, Tomos Williams.




Last edited by miaow on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

miaow

Posts : 4584
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down


Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by maestegmafia on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:00 pm

The number eight cupboard is not completely bare.

Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty and Aaron Wainwright have all played at number 8 and are in the squad, fit and healthy. Ellis Jenkins very unlikely to be fit, Josh Navidi and Aaron Shingler are recovering and expected to be in contention for the upcoming Friendlies, both have covered eight before. Most notably and frequently Navidi.

Other options from outside the squad who have played eight are Seb Davies, Dan Lydiate, Olly Cracknell, Sam Lewis, Thomas Young and James King.

Or what about Ollie Griffiths or Harrison Keddie both have played eight and done well.

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22707
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:27 am

Out of all those only Keddie is an 8, and the rest are flankers, most of which are versatile. We don’t have a Heaslip or Read type 8 coming through any time soon. Not such a bad thing as it is pretty handy to play with two open-sides anyway, and we have a few good ones. It would be interceding to see Lydiate or Shingler given a run at 8.

Ollie Griffiths is back in training, and is an open-side who can play 8. I hope he has an injury free season so that he may fulfil the great potential he has. He might be one of the best 7’s I’ve seen come out of Wales.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:38 am

According to Daly apparently England are bringing intensity to Twickenham next week.

Wales officially quaking.

.

Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by maestegmafia on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:14 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Out of all those only Keddie is an 8, and the rest are flankers, most of which are versatile. We don’t have a Heaslip or Read type 8 coming through any time soon. Not such a bad thing as it is pretty handy to play with two open-sides anyway, and we have a few good ones. It would be interceding to see Lydiate or Shingler given a run at 8.

Ollie Griffiths is back in training, and is an open-side who can play 8. I hope he has an injury free season so that he may fulfil the great potential he has. He might be one of the best 7’s I’ve seen come out of Wales.

If moriarty breaks something in the game next week wales will be bare bones at eight. It’s interesting to look at what options we have. I’d be quite keen to see Keddie or Griffiths get a chance.

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22707
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by bluestonevedder on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:31 pm

maestegmafia wrote:The number eight cupboard is not completely bare.

Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty and Aaron Wainwright have all played at number 8 and are in the squad, fit and healthy. Ellis Jenkins very unlikely to be fit, Josh Navidi and Aaron Shingler are recovering and expected to be in contention for the upcoming Friendlies, both have covered eight before. Most notably and frequently Navidi.

Other options from outside the squad who have played eight are Seb Davies, Dan Lydiate, Olly Cracknell, Sam Lewis, Thomas Young and James King.

Or what about Ollie Griffiths or Harrison Keddie both have played eight and done well.

That's a point. Where's Thomas Young been in all the Wales squad selection? Or has he been injured? I know Wales are blessed with ridiculous talent at 7, but I thought Young would have been in contention.

bluestonevedder

Posts : 3871
Join date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by maestegmafia on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:26 am

I guess both teams are announced tomorrow then?

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22707
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Cyril on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:33 am

I’m going for an England win by 10-15 for this weekend’s game. Anyone care to think otherwise?

Cyril

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:56 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:The number eight cupboard is not completely bare.

Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty and Aaron Wainwright have all played at number 8 and are in the squad, fit and healthy. Ellis Jenkins very unlikely to be fit, Josh Navidi and Aaron Shingler are recovering and expected to be in contention for the upcoming Friendlies, both have covered eight before. Most notably and frequently Navidi.

Other options from outside the squad who have played eight are Seb Davies, Dan Lydiate, Olly Cracknell, Sam Lewis, Thomas Young and James King.

Or what about Ollie Griffiths or Harrison Keddie both have played eight and done well.

That's a point. Where's Thomas Young been in all the Wales squad selection? Or has he been injured? I know Wales are blessed with ridiculous talent at 7, but I thought Young would have been in contention.

I’m not sure if he’s been injured but yeah we can’t fit in another 7, we have too many good ones. So much so that I imagine more will be playing in the near future as we simply don’t have the space. When they’re available I would prefer to see Griffiths and Jenkins back in the mix. If I had my way I’d swap Young for Davies.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:56 pm

maestegmafia wrote:I guess both teams are announced tomorrow then?

48 hours is the requirement so it looks that way.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Cyril wrote:I’m going for an England win by 10-15 for this weekend’s game. Anyone care to think otherwise?

Wales win by 6.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm not sure it's right to be looking at this in a who-will-win kind of way - and no, I'm not getting my excuses in early! What I mean is that Wales, or England (but hopefully not both!), might be looking at this match purely as a defensive mission, and therefore kick when they might normally counter, with the objective of playing without the ball for as much of the match as they can. They might then use subsequent warm-up games to focus on attack.

Having said that, if I had to bet, I'd put my money on a home win.


Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added 'purely' for emphasis)

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23727
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by TightHEAD on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:59 pm

England 62 Wales 5

Just like 2007.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4922
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 57
Location : Englands green and pleasant land

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by LondonTiger on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 pm

TightHEAD wrote:England 62 Wales 5

Just like 2007.

Standing by that now that the sides have been announced?

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 21969
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by TightHEAD on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes Tiger,

Wales 62 - Eng 5.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4922
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 57
Location : Englands green and pleasant land

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by RiscaGame on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Good to see Wainwright get a start. I don’t understand a few of the selections really though. If we are going strong, I would have picked people like Owen Lane, so they get a chance of shining in a strong team.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3018
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by RiscaGame on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:12 pm

I do actually understand some of his reasoning, in replicating the six day turnaround (providing he replicates selection pretty much for the next game). I still think we could’ve experimented a little.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3018
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:25 am

I wasn't expecting this match-day squad. You could understand the strong XV but they've barely experimented with the bench either. He's almost made it a must-win game now, given the contrast with England's selection.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23727
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:12 am

I agree I think it is a must win and for good reason, RWC starts here.

Gats knows that Eddie picks his squad after this game and that we may face each other at 1/4 stage. Good chance to strike a blow early doors and if Eddie loses tomorrow, picks his squad and loses again next week then Eng psychologically weakened.

Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:36 am

Arguably Wainright, and then the bench Jones, Shingler, Ball is some experimentation. We were never going to select a weak team for England at twickenham. Perhaps Navidi will feature at 8 next week.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:43 am

I think some are missing the point here. We don't need to 'experiment' we need to assimilate peripheral players into a working unit. The likes of Shingler and others who have been out of action need game time but essentially we know what each position looks like at least for 1st and 2nd choice. We know what works for us and we aren't England who frankly will still be 'experimenting' until they day they get knocked out of RWC.

Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by SecretFly on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:44 am

Careful about the psychology inferences.  Who were caught out in a Home WC when believing themselves ready to cut down all enemies and cast them aside?

Lots can be written, with evidence, about psychology, and about the ability of negative psychology to assist and positive psychology to hinder.  Only time outcomes will genuinely matter is at that WC.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:50 am

SecretFly wrote:Careful about the psychology inferences.  Who were caught out in a Home WC when believing themselves ready to cut down all enemies and cast them aside?

Lots can be written, with evidence, about psychology, and about the ability of negative psychology to assist and positive psychology to hinder.  Only time outcomes will genuinely matter is at that WC.

Its English psychology i'm questioning not Welsh. Our only fear is injuries the rest will take care fo itself, or not. Eddie made a mistake IMO of not waiiting until later to announce his RWC squad.

Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by SecretFly on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:00 am

Pie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Careful about the psychology inferences.  Who were caught out in a Home WC when believing themselves ready to cut down all enemies and cast them aside?

Lots can be written, with evidence, about psychology, and about the ability of negative psychology to assist and positive psychology to hinder.  Only time outcomes will genuinely matter is at that WC.

Its English psychology i'm questioning not Welsh. Our only fear is injuries the rest will take care fo itself, or not. Eddie made a mistake IMO of not waiiting until later to announce his RWC squad.

No, I'm suggesting English psychology could hit Wales, when they least want it, at a WC.... IF they read too much into positive psychology leading into that WC.... like England did a few years ago.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:19 am

SecretFly wrote:
Pie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Careful about the psychology inferences.  Who were caught out in a Home WC when believing themselves ready to cut down all enemies and cast them aside?

Lots can be written, with evidence, about psychology, and about the ability of negative psychology to assist and positive psychology to hinder.  Only time outcomes will genuinely matter is at that WC.

Its English psychology i'm questioning not Welsh. Our only fear is injuries the rest will take care fo itself, or not. Eddie made a mistake IMO of not waiiting until later to announce his RWC squad.

No, I'm suggesting English psychology could hit Wales, when they least want it, at a WC.... IF they read too much into positive psychology leading into that WC.... like England did a few years ago.

It won't. England never learn, thats their psychology.

Wales psych has been stated; maintaining the momentum that is all. I dont see overly confident statements coming out of Wales, just a commitment to winning the next game and building strength in depth. The latter is done by exposing peripheral players to a solid established unit not by constant changing of personnel.


Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Cyril on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 am

Big risk by Gats putting a first string out against a largely England 2nd/3rd side. Imagine the blow to morale when England win.

Cyril

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:42 am

Cyril wrote:Big risk by Gats putting a first string out against a largely England 2nd/3rd side. Imagine the blow to morale when England win.

Imagine the blow to morale when Eng land lose, pick their squad and then lose again in Cardiff Laugh

Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:44 am

Cyril not sure what’s happened but your WUMs are just incredibly poor these days.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:40 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Cyril not sure what’s happened but your WUMs are just incredibly poor these days.

2nd and 3rd string, definitely won't get selected, his morale must be low lol

Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Cyril on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:26 am

See you on Sunday evening if your internet is still working, chaps.

I’ll even buy you a round of beers (gin and slimline for Pie, I know he’s watching his weight) next time I’m in the ‘diff Smile

Cyril

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 am

I’ll get a JD honey, on the rocks. When I come back I’ll have a bottle of Crown Royal, to help you cope with your loss(es) Cyril. I hope you like rye.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 am

Cyril wrote:See you on Sunday evening if your internet is still working, chaps.

I’ll even buy you a round of beers (gin and slimline for Pie, I know he’s watching his weight) next time I’m in the ‘diff Smile

ibid

Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by maestegmafia on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Pie wrote:I think some are missing the point here. We don't need to 'experiment' we need to assimilate peripheral players into a working unit. The likes of Shingler and others who have been out of action need game time but essentially we know what each position looks like at least for 1st and 2nd choice. We know what works for us and we aren't England who frankly will still be 'experimenting' until they day they get knocked out of RWC.

I’m inclined to agree, the welsh squad doesn’t need reinventing it needs tweaking and getting peripheral players up to speed.

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22707
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by BigTrevsbigmac on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Pie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Pie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Careful about the psychology inferences.  Who were caught out in a Home WC when believing themselves ready to cut down all enemies and cast them aside?

Lots can be written, with evidence, about psychology, and about the ability of negative psychology to assist and positive psychology to hinder.  Only time outcomes will genuinely matter is at that WC.

Its English psychology i'm questioning not Welsh. Our only fear is injuries the rest will take care fo itself, or not. Eddie made a mistake IMO of not waiiting until later to announce his RWC squad.

No, I'm suggesting English psychology could hit Wales, when they least want it, at a WC.... IF they read too much into positive psychology leading into that WC.... like England did a few years ago.

It won't. England never learn, thats their psychology.

Wales psych has been stated; maintaining the momentum that is all. I dont see overly confident statements coming out of Wales, just a commitment to winning the next game and building strength in depth. The latter is done by exposing peripheral players to a solid established unit not by constant changing of personnel.


I think you will then be surprised by the Welsh team Gats puts out in Cardiff. 6 day turnaround both squads will be rotated next week.

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 3048
Join date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Cyril on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Eddie really seems to have got in Gats’ head. The next two weekends could see Wales’ fragile confidence take a hammering.

Cyril

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by The Oracle on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Wales no.1 in the world rankings after the Oz v AB result! Wtf?!

Puts a lot of pressure on us going into the World Cup and the warm ups Shocked
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2564
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Poorfour on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:22 am

The Oracle wrote:Wales no.1 in the world rankings after the Oz v AB result! Wtf?!

Puts a lot of pressure on us going into the World Cup and the warm ups Shocked

Well done Wales - most consistent side in the world over the last year. I think it will provide motivation rather than pressure - but it does back up the idea that this RWC could be the most wide open with at least 8 teams in the mix. Will make for some very exciting quarter finals.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by The Oracle on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:38 am

It could all come crashing down if we lose to England in the warm up game! I’ve watched Wales enough to know that first side or not, going to Twickenham and coming away with a win is very, very difficult. And we’ll have no excuses if we lose. It’s almost a no win situation for Wales! Win and it might be expected and we learn little (but give the first team time together which is vital); lose and it might dent confidence massively as this is as good as it gets for us, team wise.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2564
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:47 am

Cyril wrote:Eddie really seems to have got in Gats’ head. The next two weekends could see Wales’ fragile confidence take a hammering.

How so?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by carpet baboon on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:07 am

Congratulations Wales.
No1 and well deserved

carpet baboon

Posts : 2425
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:48 am

Strange. I feel we need to beat SA and NZ on neutral ground before we start calling ourselves number 1. Aus too, they’re still capable of a world class performance.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9225
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:28 am

Dont Wales have to beat England to take the number 1 spot?

Collapse2005

Posts : 4782
Join date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by The Oracle on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:36 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Dont Wales have to beat England to take the number 1 spot?


Yes and no. We’re there mathematically already. It’s just that they don’t actually publish the new table until Monday so a loss to England on the weekend would probably see us go back below NZ by the time the table is published. And rightly so.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2564
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by SecretFly on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:00 am

So England have a crack at beating World Number 1 side earlier than they anticipated. The blood is in the water. They can't say the motive isn't there.....

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:26 am

The Oracle wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Dont Wales have to beat England to take the number 1 spot?


Yes and no. We’re there mathematically already. It’s just that they don’t actually publish the new table until Monday so a loss to England on the weekend would probably see us go back below NZ by the time the table is published. And rightly so.
You better go and beat them then.

Collapse2005

Posts : 4782
Join date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by The Oracle on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:35 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Dont Wales have to beat England to take the number 1 spot?


Yes and no. We’re there mathematically already. It’s just that they don’t actually publish the new table until Monday so a loss to England on the weekend would probably see us go back below NZ by the time the table is published. And rightly so.
You better go and beat them then.

Knowing how Wales tend to perform I think it might be a World Cup blessing if we didn’t go into it off the back of a load of warm up wins, unbeaten this and that, world no.1, etc. We usually suck when we’re hyped or seen as ‘favourites’! We’re always much better as the plucky underdog Wink
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2564
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Pie on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:55 am

SecretFly wrote:So England have a crack at beating World Number 1 side earlier than they anticipated.  The blood is in the water.  They can't say the motive isn't there.....

Apparently they appear to be more interested in beating each other. No surprise from Brown who is a proven RWC liability, but Te'o?


Pie

Posts : 807
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Cyril on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 am

Potentially four World Cup finals for Wales in a year if they meet England in the quarters. Their emotions won’t be able to stand it!

Cyril

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by maestegmafia on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:13 am

Cyril we have had too many complaints about your trolling. Your on three strikes

Time for you to have a vacation

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22707
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Taylorman on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:48 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Dont Wales have to beat England to take the number 1 spot?


Yes and no. We’re there mathematically already. It’s just that they don’t actually publish the new table until Monday so a loss to England on the weekend would probably see us go back below NZ by the time the table is published. And rightly so.
You better go and beat them then.

Yes I hope we havent handed it over to a dud side that's just gonna lose it first match they play. Ten years to beat Wales. Hug

Tick tock tick to.....come on, make a go of it. Yahoo

Taylorman

Posts : 12091
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by No9 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 am

rather we beat the All Black to take the top spot, rather than gifted it us by Aus.

No9

Posts : 1534
Join date : 2013-09-21
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Wales RWC 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Wales RWC 2019 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum