The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week Five Press Conference

+10
Dolphin Ziggler
Renege
Hero
BamBam
Good Golly I'm Olly
Azzy
Take a boo
Marky
Afro
Trebs
14 posters

Go down

Week Five Press Conference Empty Week Five Press Conference

Post by Trebs Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:29 am

1. How do you feel about your team's Week four result? Any kind words of advice for your opponent?

2. What is your philosophy with regard to buying players? Do you look for the best possible FIFA ratings, players doing well in real life, those likely to get a raise on transfermarkt, or just players with the best names?

3. Who has been your best performer from your initial squad? Are there any players that you were expecting to sell at the first opportunity that you have changed your mind on?

4. Are you taking the Hardcore cup as seriously as Olly appears to be?

5. Looking at the real world, with Tottenham beating Chelsea at the weekend, would it be fair to say that they are the best placed team to challenge Manchester City for the Premier League title?

6.  Do you play any fantasy football or prediction type games outside of this league?

7. Are Krispy Kreme doughnuts worth the hype?

8. Pizza or Pie?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Week Five Press Conference Empty Re: Week Five Press Conference

Post by Afro Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 am

Good job you didn't get to do the questions last week. Q1 would have been completely unanswerable without a crystal ball

Anyway....

1) really pleased to get the win again and the performance was better than against Marky the week before. Tighadoini and Rodriguez are working really well together and with Emnes, so it looks really promising. AJ has dropped off from scoring 4 in the first 2 games, so needs to up his game to keep his place in the side. For Nad, he is solid and defensively strong, but lacks flair up front. For the tactics he appears to be playing, he really needs a star to unlock the defences

2) First up its haircut. If he care's about his looks, he cares about his football. Then its stats. I know what I want each position to be good at, so I will search and find the player based on that. And then normally eliminate 90% of them because I can't afford them. I will occasionally look at future potential, but I think it is too early to worry about that. Get my first XI sorted, get good strength in depth, then look at possible future stars.  But mainly its haircut.

3) As above, AJ Leitch-Smith scored 4 in 2 without having the highest ratings, which meant I couldn't drop him. But the last two games haven't been as strong. I'll be honest, I would be surprised if any of my starting squad were in my best XI in 2-3 weeks time.

4) Taking it seriously and want to win it, but also see it as more of a free opportunity to try stuff I wouldn't do in the league. We'll see how good a striker Barry Roche is soon enough!!

5)I'd say Liverpool. My current prediction is top 3 as it currently stands, with Arsenal and Chelsea battling for 4th. United could push if they change their manager sooner rather than later, whilst I'd also like to think Everton could at least be some threat to the top table.

6) No. Used to do all of them, but struggle to find the time and then completely forget about it.

7) I love the simple ones, but not so bothered about all the fancy flavours.

8) I like Pizza, but Pie for me. With mash and gravy.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 am

1. How do you feel about your team's Week four result? Any kind words of advice for your opponent?
I lost 6-1 at home. I am in no position to be giving any advice to my opponent Laugh One thing I'll say, when I won 6-1 on Week 1, I started getting title ambitions. My advice to Nando would be to just chalk it up as a fluke, like mine was.

2. What is your philosophy with regard to buying players? Do you look for the best possible FIFA ratings, players doing well in real life, those likely to get a raise on transfermarkt, or just players with the best names?
I've never been one for buying ones for Transfermarkt. In the beginning I was looking at Fifa ratings, but specifically players with good stamina and high workrates, but the cheaper ones with those attributes seem to have been snapped up, so just going by overall Fifa ratings more recently. I'm not going to make a lot of money trying to buy rough diamonds, better bet for me is to save up and buy one expensive up and comer, and hope he progresses in real life in a Jadon Sancho style.

3. Who has been your best performer from your initial squad? Are there any players that you were expecting to sell at the first opportunity that you have changed your mind on?
The answer to both is Dominic Poleon. Definitely thought he'd be gone inside a couple of weeks, but he's scored goals, even scored towards the end of the last season against superior defenders, I just expected him to be replaced by better players but at the moment I've no need to sell him on. Had him on the bench in favour of Wes Thomas, but that was only for mind games to try and one up Nando for selling him to me. Clearly worked Laugh

Olly thinks he's got 11 of his 12 fingers on the trophy, but I'm coming for that trophy, I want the Hardcore Championship dammit! (And considering only a couple are gonna compete for the league, everyone should be up for the cup).

5. Looking at the real world, with Tottenham beating Chelsea at the weekend, would it be fair to say that they are the best placed team to challenge Manchester City for the Premier League title?
Absolutely not. Tottenham are good, as are Chelsea, but Chelsea were never challenging City either. It's City's to lose, with Liverpool nailed on for second. Spurs will get "Top 4" but need a trophy desperately.

6.  Do you play any fantasy football or prediction type games outside of this league?
I suppose Fifa Ultimate Team counts Laugh but as much as I try to do fantasy football, I always get bored of it. Even the goalscorer challenge isn't appealing to me. I suppose gambling on football falls under "prediction games" but that's more about the potential cash prize than the predicting.

They are, but in moderation. If you start having them weekly, they'll become dull. A rare treat and they're tremendous.

8. Pizza or Pie?
Pizza every time, and twice on Sundays. I do like a good steak pie though. Favourite pizza at the moment is one a local kebab shop does, which is a meat feast but on a pesto base (instead of tomato). It's unreal.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:21 am

First real poor result of the season, first three shots on target were all goals which probably suggests a change between the sticks is required but nothing to dwell on. We go again. Can't fault the performance of the opposition so my advice would be play like that every week.

Short term will be based on ratings, building a competitive side of 69/70 players. Mid term will be to invest in youth who I feel will rise in price in season 2. Long term will be to save for one or two expensive purchases who I think could potentially go on to become stars.

My best performers over my first couple of games were from my initial squad, Winchester (3 assists) has now been sold however I'll likely keep my flying LB Mills (2 assists) as back up for the season. Rest of my squad will be completely overhauled. No room for sentiment in the big time.

Given my last result I'll be experimenting, using it as a chance to try out a different formation and possibly mixing up my personnel.

I think Man City will walk the league and we (Liverpool) will finish second. Tottenham are capable of some top performances such as the one against Chelsea however they were also comfortably beaten by both Liverpool and Man City recently. They haven't got the minerals to do it over the course of the season.

I'm in a couple of fantasy football leagues and also a prediction league on JA. Comfortably topping them all at present king

I'm an athlete so not a huge fan although I'd take an old school Jam doughnut over a Krispy Kreme any day.

8. Pizza or Pie?

Not keen on Pie so I'd have to say Pizza, Texas BBQ.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:56 am

I was very disappointed with a draw, not because Dolph is a drunkard, but because we had so many chances to win and failed to score the goals we should have. Advice to Dolph? Lay off the crack.

I buy players I like in real life, and when I can't afford them, I buy the most expensive player I can with the best rating I can.

3. Who has been your best performer from your initial squad? Are there any players that you were expecting to sell at the first opportunity that you have changed your mind on?Tom Lapslie has been amazing in the middle of the park. Three assists, nice boots.

It's a distraction to the league, so I want to be knocked out asap.

No, because they're crap. Liverpool are the only team who can challenge Manchester's finest.

6. Do you play any fantasy football or prediction type games outside of this league?
I sign up for Fantasy Prem every year, but never log in to change the team. Also do Super Six every week and six a side on Sky too.

YES

8. Pizza or Pie?
Being allergic to pizza, a nice meat pie wins this easily.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:56 am

Week four result? Easy win. Back on track. Hitting our stride. Beginning our ascent to the top. Words of advice? Pray. Pray we have an off day and don't embarass your bum squad again when we play you.

I look for two types of player. 1) Good players and 2) Big black players

Been surprised at how well my CBs have played in particular Baudry - I'm still looking to upgrade them but seeing as they're doing so well I may hold off to splash on a big signing rather than just get one in early.

We dominate with rules, imagine how much we'll dominate without rules? Prepare for death.

No. They're Spurs, they'll forever bottle it towards the end of the season and old Fraudettino will get upto his usual bottling tricks. Also - this new stadium is gonna ruin them financially for years, they'll fall behind like Arsenal have done. Clearly those tricky reds are best placed to challenge and convince themselves Jurgen Flopp can actually win a big one.

I play many varying forms of fantasy American Football because I am a #cool #kid

Definitely not. Get yourself down to a local bakery if you want a doughnut, Krispy Kreme are so average they're like a Trebs managed side.

8. Pizza or Pie?

Pizza. Anybody saying pie is a definite pedophile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:04 am

Very happy to finally get a win on the board, as one of the pre season favourites it was getting rather embarrassing. I don't do kind words of advice generally, but as its Fluxy, I'd say the defence needs some work, my team looked to get in behind pretty easily, especially in the second half, so that could be either a tactical switch or signing some faster defenders.

I try and build a squad for now by buying players with the attributes that I think they need for the position, rather than the overall rating. Equally, I will go buy cheap players who may not even be a need if I think they are likely to get a raise on TM soon. Ideally, I would sign players who fit both categories, like Middleton

Bostwick was very good in the first game, but not shown much since. Other than that none of the initial team has really performed for me, I am an obvious chequebook manager.

I only play to win. I'm going to load up my team with the bruisers this week and smash the living daylights out of the TOWIE lot that Azzy is going to put up

As long as we don't have to suffer Liverpool winning the league, I couldn't care less. Spurs looked good although Chelsea never quite looked as good as they were being made out to be.

6. Do you play any fantasy football or prediction type games outside of this league?

Yup, I play FPL, and NFL fantasy football every year. Until it died a death, the rugby game on here was a lot of fun and had been going on for years.

Original glazed are the best they do, although if I fancy a sugar coma I would get a chocolate dreamcake. Not a fan of the other gimmicky flavours though

8. Pizza or Pie?

I like proper pie and mash which is easy to get in London, but generally would have to say nothing beats a pepperoni passion from Dominos

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:08 am

Side note regarding Krispy Kremes, the raspberry glazed is the GOAT, but the others get incredibly sickly. I did enjoy a Reese's Peanut Butter one recently though.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:21 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:8. Pizza or Pie?

I'm pretty sure no-one ever enticed kids with a Melton Mowbray pork pie.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:24 am

My worst ever result and it had to come v Sloth from the Goonies. I wasn't expecting much, the initial weakest team v the initial strongest one. A team worth 4 times what mine is. It was a forgone conclusion before the players stepped on the pitch.

I've not bought a player older than 21, they're bought purely to hopefully gain either Fifa ratings upgrade or a TM price hike.

Whitaker did okay for a 38 year old legend. But tbh I've upgraded every player now. I put up watching the shower of sh1t in real life, I know how crap they are.

We're going into it to break bones and hearts. Probably our own.

Pains me to say it but Liverpool are the 2nd best team.

I do the Premier League fantasy football but having a mare this season.

No. Massively overrated. Can get ones just as good for a fraction of the price.

8. Pizza or Pie?

I'm a Northerner. Pie is king. Pizza is just cheese and tomato on toast.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:53 am

Azzy wrote:

Maybe that's where you've been going wrong?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:32 am

Azzy wrote:

Would have worked on me.

Would work on me now though end.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 pm

1. A 3 nil is exactly what we deserved given ska tried to sneak a couple ineligible players in. Looks like there’s no soft edges in this league, this isn’t the ja league, we’re playing by the rules and as long as I’m winning, I like it.

2. I’ve gone for players I’ve heard of and have good stats for a position. Most with the thought they will improve on Fifa and go up on Tm. With the odd journeyman who once upon a time played for a big club and has nice stats. I’ll have to do some more proper scouting as more players get snapped up.

3. Gunter has made a big difference at the back since the hammering in the first game. Fernandez and Hudson Odoi are working well in attack too. But I mean the new signings couldn’t not have improved ya after our first result.

4. We’ll be looking to decorate the Mansfield Christmas tree with the plums of Twist’s players

5. If it means there’s more teams putting up a good challenge and there’s more entertaining games for a neutral then sure. I’ll be very impressed if anyone really challenges City.

6. I do the pl fantasy football, put money in with my mates with a monthly winner which keeps everyone from losing interest.

7. The Freddy Adu of the bakery world, you know the hype isn’t worth it when you see them in a corners of Tesco going stale.

8. Pizza over pie every day. Except New Year’s Day in Scotland, that’s steak pie day. Or at any football stadium. The pies are t so good down here though. So pizza, dominos bbq chicken with stuffed crust would be my favourite but have to mix it up.

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:21 pm

Trebs wrote:1. How do you feel about your team's Week four result? Any kind words of advice for your opponent?
I suspect, in time, the result will be changed depending on how our exalted leaders feel.

I follow the rules and wait to the unfair deadline, which for me is at a rather tricky time. I then find the 10th or 11th choice pick I had for that week and reluctantly buy them after the office dandies get free run at it. After wasting time scouting for players, I try to find ones that I just like personally now. They get taken too.

My initial squad is all pure garbage and I am happy I still have to rely on them as it makes it easier for everyone else.

No. Barry Corr will be in goal. I will randomly select the rest of the team and play the same tactics from the week before to save me and Hero time.

Oh the top six is what we’re talking about? I’m so surprised our rulers want to talk about the money clubs.
No, of course not, don’t be stupid.

There’s a good window within those that doesn’t purposefully favour a select group.

For the fat and slovely, what sugar injected treat isn’t?

8. Pizza or Pie?
What kind of diddler prefers pie? Brexit Tony and his cronies only

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Gutted with the loss as think we started off the game as the stronger team but just couldn't get the goal. Afro did deserve the win tho so well played afro and all the best in the future OK

Definitely ratings first. I want to upgrade my team not fill them with similar rated platers who may get a tm value rise in the future because I am not about that life.

Kirk has been a good sub for me. He got me the 3 points against fluxy last week and I am eternally grateful to him for that.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "Only the weak will cherry pick what war they will put all their effort in. They may win this so called war, but in reality it is a battle and only an insignificant part of the war"

I think Liverpool are the only real threat to City.

I try and do one each season but I tend to forget to update the team after a while. I respect the grind that the people who put the effort in tho.

Chocolate dreamcake is delish.

8. Pizza or Pie?
Pizza but it is unhealthy af.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:42 pm

My teams result was what I was hoping to happen once I had people fit. My midfield worked like a dream and both strikers scored too. I still looked edgy at the back, something I will need to work on, but on the whole i think my season starts here. As my opponent, my words of advice are simply to stick with it. I doubt with that team of 70's you will get beatings like that. Just fine tune it.

I came into the league with 3 different formations I wanted to play as well as different styles. From that point I just brought players to suit it. I have some with high potential but considering the experts at this game will soon get stronger and stronger teams, I am trying to this season

Aliendro has been great for me, a complete all round midfielder that has got goals. I was thinking of selling Sierhuis quite soon but no-one has offered anything. I thought he would have been sought after.

Yep, it gives me a chance to try out a formation that I haven't tried yet.

I would not discount Liverpool, but Spurs have at least started to show that they can beat the top 4 now.

Just Super 6 if that counts

I am sure there are better ones out there. I like them from time to time

8. Pizza or Pie?

Depends on the Pie. If it is Steak and Ale, it beats all. If not, then pizza

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Azzy wrote:

I’m willing to bet lots of old paedos love a good pie though. Even the American ones that Oll appears to be talking about

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Azzy wrote:

I’m willing to bet lots of old paedos love a good pie though. Even the American ones that Oll appears to be talking about

The site doesn’t allow p@edophile to be posted you grammatical moomin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:23 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Azzy wrote:

The site doesn’t allow p@edophile to be posted you grammatical moomin

Yet it lets you post daily.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:24 am

Post of the Day goes to Dolph king
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:15 am

Bitterly disappointed. Was hoping to make the most of Lincolns poor form and inadequacies at the moment, but just highlighted how we aren't in the right shapes yet. Not sure about kind words, but well played to Bam, hopefully, we can avenge the result in the reverse fixture!

Mostly FIFA ratings, after all, the game is being played on there. Then if they have a decent value, it may come into play, if it is an investment in youth etc. If a name like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink became available, I would fancy a flutter just based on the name. 

I would say Yates for his worldie goal alone and then leading the line relatively well. Still hoping to slowly shift most of the squad on at the moment. 

Yeah, it's a chance at silverware, if you don't give it a go you may as well not bother. 

I don't think so. They lack the consistency to do it, and they will Spurs it up at the last moment. Liverpool and Citeh still seem to be on a different level for the moment at least. 

Did play and manage the Rugby league on here and when it was back on the OG 606, which was fun. A few people to it too far and it sadly died. Don't really do any other fantasy football stuff as I forget to update them! Used to massively into FM, but that stopped last year when I defeated my former uni housemates in a challenge that we had devised!

No, they are heckin' awful.

8. Pizza or Pie?

Pizza, but a good pie can be simply loveleh. 

Last edited by Fluxy on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:42 am

Trebs wrote:1. How do you feel about your team's Week four result? Any kind words of advice for your opponent? Well it was 6-1 so possibly looking into some new defenders might be a wise idea Laugh

2. What is your philosophy with regard to buying players? Do you look for the best possible FIFA ratings, players doing well in real life, those likely to get a raise on transfermarkt, or just players with the best names? I use lazy boy scouting techniques which very much reaping rewards so far found out Addae with it so pretty happy

3. Who has been your best performer from your initial squad? Are there any players that you were expecting to sell at the first opportunity that you have changed your mind on? I expected Caistaignos to be lawyer material to raise money but he's banging them in so shall be kept for now

4. Are you taking the Hardcore cup as seriously as Olly appears to be? Not even slighty but shall be a fun watch just kicking the Poopie out of ppl

5. Looking at the real world, with Tottenham beating Chelsea at the weekend, would it be fair to say that they are the best placed team to challenge Manchester City for the Premier League title? No Liverpool are they keep winning by playing poorly also getting away with decisions and disallowed goals.

6.  Do you play any fantasy football or prediction type games outside of this league? Chris does a goalscorer challenge thing which ive completely forgot about recently Laugh

7. Are Krispy Kreme doughnuts worth the hype? Never had one i stick with sainsburys custard donuts

8. Pizza or Pie?

Cherry Pie with warm custard > Everything else Pizza related

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:09 am

1. I can't really comment on this one.

2. I'd prefer it to be all based on real life form, but it isn't really. It's more on the fifa rating to be honest. I don't really think about the transfermarkt rises, as I'm against the whole stock market principle.

3. I was gutted to sell Jonathan Forte. Like all the other managers I guess, my plan at the start was to accept pretty much every lawyer offer. I had to think long and hard about that one as he'd been really impressive for me. Other standout performers have been Moxey and Holmes.

4. Exeter Gently will be taking the Hardcore cup very seriously, it's a very easy question to answer when you look at who our opponent is.

5. City will walk the league and United will finish a distant sixth. But Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are all extremely close for me. At the start of the season I wrote an article predicting Arsenal to finish second and I'll stand by that.

6. Yes - I'm in Andy's four team league, which is good fun, and a fantasy football league run through work which is done on excel, with about 100 people.

I always do the official fantasy football game but forget about it quickly, and this year I didn't even make it past week one.

7. I've never had a Krispy Kreme, but I just can't get my head around the price of it to be honest. The Cadbury 2 for £1 doughnuts are decent though, and the Waitrose Berliners too.

8. A steak pie for sure. But I think the idea of a great bar which specialises in both is the way forward.....

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down