The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+17
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
tigertattie
kingraf
TM Moot
JDizzle
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Forward Pass
Pr4wn
Number-25
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
skins4ever
gazzyD
twelve283
GSC
21 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 3 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Tue 18 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I mean are we even sure Gordon isn't a one year wonder who never stuck around for his drop off season.

A lot of hype for a guy who's had more near comebacks than games played in years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 3 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by skins4ever Fri 07 Dec 2018, 5:20 pm

I'm beginning to agree with those that want Gruden out of DC, but with a raft of injuries he'll probably survive. They ought to sack the fitness team though!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 3 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 09 Dec 2018, 10:19 pm

If anyone needs me I’ll be the guy drinking bleach in the corner
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 09 Dec 2018, 10:35 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:If anyone needs me I’ll be the guy drinking bleach in the corner

Some great defence there by Gronk Laugh

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 09 Dec 2018, 11:42 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:If anyone needs me I’ll be the guy drinking bleach in the corner

No chance Gronk was stopping a 69 yard TD. Nice.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Dec 2018, 5:54 am

JDizzle wrote:
crazy_dave23 wrote:

No chance Gronk was stopping a 69 yard TD. Nice.

Why on Earth we took McCourty (you know our best actual safety), off the field there for Gronk I have no earthly idea. If Belichick seriously thought Tannehill was going to throw it 80 yards in the air for a Hail Mary on a bum ankle he needs to be taken to the nearest mental institute immediately
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 10 Dec 2018, 6:34 pm

gazzyD wrote:That'll be 3 first rounders well have in the draft and we'll still end up with nothing because we can't draft to save our lives
Reggie McKenzie is out in Oakland, will be interesting to see if they look for someone to make decisions or are just going to let Gruden do it all.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 11 Dec 2018, 5:57 pm

Vikings have fired DeFillipo, presumably because it's cheaper than considering the alternative.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Dec 2018, 10:55 pm

Said this is who Kirk is from the outset.

It's who he was under Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay and Jay Gruden, but it's obvious the OC this time.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 12 Dec 2018, 1:31 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
gazzyD wrote:That'll be 3 first rounders well have in the draft and we'll still end up with nothing because we can't draft to save our lives
Reggie McKenzie is out in Oakland, will be interesting to see if they look for someone to make decisions or are just going to let Gruden do it all.

I'm hoping Snyder sacks Allen and hires McKenzie, but it isn't going to happen.

As for the Raiders I think Gruden will do OK with decisions now he has autonomy, but it would have made more sense to let McKenzie go before the season than have the poor guy sit there watching the team he build be dismantled and being able to do nothing about it. No idea how he ended up being treated so badly.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 14 Dec 2018, 12:23 am

Anyone still up? I have to choose between Brady vs Steelers and Rivers vs Chiefs.

Also, three from Allen vs Chiefs, Adams vs Bears, Cooks vs Raiders, Juju vs Pats.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 14 Dec 2018, 1:04 pm

Naturally, I went with Keenan Allen >.<

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 14 Dec 2018, 1:14 pm

Should've gone Juju vs Pats, he's gonna eat vs our D like he did last year

Great game last night - would love to see Rivers go deep into the playoffs and get a ring
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 14 Dec 2018, 1:34 pm

Juju is in for sure, I left Cooks out.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Dec 2018, 4:22 pm

The Browns are still in playoff contention, and Gregg Williams already has more wins as Browns HC than Hue Jackson did. Which raises the question, are they going to Browns it up by giving him the job permanently?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 16 Dec 2018, 9:10 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:The Browns are still in playoff contention, and Gregg Williams already has more wins as Browns HC than Hue Jackson did. Which raises the question, are they going to Browns it up by giving him the job permanently?

You know what, I think he'd do well. He's happy to let his OC play attacking football and they are entertaining to watch if nothing else. With a strong D and an improved O next year, they could very well be challenging for the division.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Dec 2018, 7:00 am

Browns next year and gonna be this years 49ers - hyped as a contender all off season based off a few late season wins against meh teams, they’re still a long way away
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 17 Dec 2018, 5:03 pm

Are we all excited for the Eagles to win out and kick off another summer of QB debate?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 18 Dec 2018, 12:05 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:Are we all excited for the Eagles to win out and kick off another summer of QB debate?

No, I expect Foles to do Foles and blow the last 2 games. But I also expect us to lose to the Titans and be watching the playoffs like the rest of the NFC East as the Cowboys get bounced out of the first round.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 18 Dec 2018, 2:17 am

Brady really looking like he's in his 40s now.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Dec 2018, 8:46 am

Pr4wn wrote:Brady really looking like he's in his 40s now.

Do find it interesting that people say this (he has clearly fallen off this year from where he was last year), but there's not a peep about how bad Brees has looked in the last month - he's still in the MVP convo somehow (despite it clearly being Mahomes)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 19 Dec 2018, 6:25 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Brady really looking like he's in his 40s now.

Do find it interesting that people say this (he has clearly fallen off this year from where he was last year), but there's not a peep about how bad Brees has looked in the last month - he's still in the MVP convo somehow (despite it clearly being Mahomes)

And again nobody mentions Rivers in the same conversation. Top 3 rated QB's are Brees, Mahomes and Rivers in that order and Brady is middle of the pack. I'd say after beating the Chiefs last week Rivers needs mentioning and it looks like he's getting better as the season ends. He came back against the Chiefs to win without his #1 RB and his #1 WR going down early. Maybe not better than either Brees or Mahomes across the whole season, but if Brees gets it, I think both guys have cause to feel aggrieved.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 21 Dec 2018, 3:29 pm

Talking about snubs, this one surprised me:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001002348/article/darius-leonard-using-pro-bowl-snub-as-motivation

Frankly I'm very much of a mind that the Pro Bowl should revert to player/organisation votes and dump this fan vote element. There's so many ways a fan vote can be steered & influenced, and it is a popularity contest on that level. For a player with the year he's had to be snubbed is just plain daft.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 21 Dec 2018, 5:42 pm

Have you seen the players top 100 list
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 21 Dec 2018, 5:57 pm

Can't find a link that shows their votes, just overall results?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 23 Dec 2018, 10:42 am

LaMaR JacKsOn CaN’t tHrOw
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 23 Dec 2018, 8:54 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Browns seem pretty motivated today for some reason.
Browns are going to blow out the Bengals every game they play for as long as Hue Jackson is there. Reportedly they're planning to fix their defense by bringing in Vance Joseph once the Broncos fire him. Is it possible Marvin Lewis was replaced by a parody act at some point?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 24 Dec 2018, 4:08 pm

Sean Payton's Christmas Cracker motto:

Q.When is good coverage pass interference?

Q. When anyone is playing NO at home

Haden has a right to be pi$$ed. The call Kamara got was laughable and the other extremely dodgy. don't find myself agreeing with dippy on Sky much, but he's right when suggesting the officials need to put their flags a bit deeper in their pockets.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 27 Dec 2018, 4:32 pm

Anyone interested in taking over a team in the dynasty fantasy league? Will be a good challenge for someone who enjoys the team building part of fantasy

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 30 Dec 2018, 12:46 pm

skins4ever wrote:
Lowlandbrit wrote:Are we all excited for the Eagles to win out and kick off another summer of QB debate?
No, I expect Foles to do Foles and blow the last 2 games
Would the maximum chaos scenario be the Eagles winning out but missing the playoffs, or losing to the Bears after they injure Foles?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 30 Dec 2018, 3:25 pm

I'm now torn. I want to see the Skins win, but I'm also thinking draft position. I want to beat the Eagles but I also want to see The Vikings miss out (Cousins). However, I'd be happy to see the Cowboys and Eagles/Vikings get crushed by LA or NO in the playoffs so...

NB I can't remember the AFC playoff picture being so muddy on the last weekend before. I'm almost cheering for the Steelers to sneak in now!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 30 Dec 2018, 6:44 pm

Dolphins go into the last game with the 4th worst points differential in the league and a shot at 8-8. Weird season.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 31 Dec 2018, 12:59 am

What a game between Baltimore and Cleveland

And what a slate we have for wildcard weekend too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 31 Dec 2018, 1:50 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:So could the Jags, they fired theirs yesterday.
Also said Kessler would be starting, which seems an odd combination unless they're planning to just blow the whole thing up.
Sounds like Fournette might be on the way out too, so... woof.

Lowlandbrit wrote:Reggie McKenzie is out in Oakland, will be interesting to see if they look for someone to make decisions or are just going to let Gruden do it all.
Straight from the 'I know it's crazy but why don't teams...' pile: there's a story going round that they're hiring Mike Mayock.

Black Monday starts with Koetter and Bowles already out.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 31 Dec 2018, 2:04 pm

Schefter tweeted that Mayock will be announced later today

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 31 Dec 2018, 3:01 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Black Monday starts with Koetter and Bowles already out.
Joseph and Gase are out too, Wilks expected to join them pretty soon.
BamBam wrote:Schefter tweeted that Mayock will be announced later today
So the big question: do they bring someone in, or promote Jeremiah? Headscratch

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 31 Dec 2018, 3:05 pm

Allegedly Marvin Lewis has told his staff he is gone. Can’t wait to see how the Bengals rehire him from here.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 31 Dec 2018, 3:37 pm

JDizzle wrote:Allegedly Marvin Lewis has told his staff he is gone.
If I was a Bengals fan I don't know if I'd be more relieved that they're moving on, or terrified at how plausible it is they hire Hue Jackson.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 31 Dec 2018, 3:54 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Dolphins go into the last game with the 4th worst points differential in the league and a shot at 8-8. Weird season.
Lowlandbrit wrote:Joseph and Gase are out too
Adam Gase ends up 23-25 (-243). Genuinely not sure what to make of that.

Wilks has been put out of his misery.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 31 Dec 2018, 4:49 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
JDizzle wrote:Allegedly Marvin Lewis has told his staff he is gone.
If I was a Bengals fan I don't know if I'd be more relieved that they're moving on, or terrified at how plausible it is they hire Hue Jackson.

Well Lewis just "endorsed" him...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 31 Dec 2018, 6:45 pm

Falcons have fired all their coördinators, so we can go ahead and pencil in Dan Quinn to be gone by 2020.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 01 Jan 2019, 1:51 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006717/article/ranking-nfl-coaching-vacancies-browns-packers-most-alluring

Well I reckon the Browns job will go internal, either to Williams (assuming he wants it) or Kitchens. If I was their GM & owner I'd go with this and keep consistency around their young players, as the future of the team. I would say that both have a good shot at the job, Kitchens did a good job with their O and especially Mayfield, and Williams had them competing in every game.

Green Bay will likely go offensive and maybe bring Gase in than go with fresh stock. A good offensive minded coach could turn them around quickly. Maybe McDaniels if he actually goes back on the market. I suspect he'll stay at NE again, but might be tempted to work with another HOF QB.

Jets I would suggest go defensive again at HC and hire a good OC to bring Darnold along. They need to rebuild their D and add a few weapons for Darnold. A QB whisperer would avoid the need to look at an offensive minded coach. I suspect they will go after someone like Fangio?

I would be surprised if the Cards don't get another offensive HC. I would have given Wilks another season but it's no reason to look at someone defensive. They have one of the best RB's in the league and a good young QB that needs nurturing. Maybe fighting GB for Gase? Maybe even tempt Lincoln Riley to the pros.

Bengals are in a heap of trouble and I can see them drafting a QB. Dalton has had plenty of time to deliver and while he's not a bad QB I don't think he can get over the no playoff wins hump. I'd also go offensive minded here to rebuild around Mixon, but I think there will be a dearth of talent, unless they go into the college ranks. Maybe go defensive and build a better D then pick up a good OC to rebuild the O.

Broncos are an odd one. I think they whiffed when they brought in Keenum, and I think that was all Elway. They need a strong offensive HC as the D is still solid. They could also go after Riley or McDaniels?

Buccs also need to look towards offense. They have to try one more time to get some consistent good play from Winston (and keep him from suspension!). This might be a good job for Matt LaFleur. I suspect he could get more from Winston than he has from Mariota this year.

Dolphins are also a mess. I can see them going QB in the draft and even releasing/trading Tannehill. They'll need a good OC or offensive HC if they do. But they really need to re-establish a better defense in Miami, so I can see them going with someone like Erbeflus. The Colts D is no joke and while he might be wary of the Phins job, if he can establish himself it could be a good opportunity in a year or two; when Brady hangs them up the East should be wide open and especially if BB decides to retire with his QB.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 01 Jan 2019, 2:56 pm

Strongly disagree on the Browns. To me, the whole point of keeping Jackson around for as long as they did was to detoxify the job enough that people with other options would actually consider it. Throw in that most of the big name candidates seem to have some sort of existing link to the team and I think they'd be stupid not to take advantage of this window. I also suspect Williams and/or Kitchens are benefitting at least somewhat from being directly compared to Jackson.

Sounds like the Dolphins might be going for a full-on rebuild, so that might be a tough one to sell to people. Think if the Bengals don't go with Hue they might go that way too (wouldn't sign on for another, surely?).

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 01 Jan 2019, 5:31 pm

I get that the Browns can go for a pretty top tier coach but it looks like Williams and Kitchens have gotten the players very much behind them. I'd consider consistency over a big name for the sake of it. That said, if someone big enough comes in with a great staff or doesn't want to redo the whole current staff, then that can work too.

Dolphins must be able to do better than Jackson?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 02 Jan 2019, 8:07 am

Headscratch Doh
I meant the Bengals might blow it all up Laugh

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 02 Jan 2019, 9:47 am

The Jets must be a pretty attractive role this year, its New York and you've got Darnold to build around with a few other top drawer talents, I think they could have their pick of the offensive minded coaches with a view to doing what McVay did with Goff

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Jan 2019, 11:50 am

BamBam wrote:The Jets must be a pretty attractive role this year, its New York and you've got Darnold to build around with a few other top drawer talents, I think they could have their pick of the offensive minded coaches with a view to doing what McVay did with Goff

Who are these other top draw talents? Jets roster absolutely stinks - and they've kept the GM who's spent four years building it!

Middle of the pack job for me - only really Darnold is saving it from being by far the worst opening
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 02 Jan 2019, 11:52 am

Jamal Adams is a boss.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 02 Jan 2019, 11:55 am

On the Browns I wouldn't go near Gregg Williams at any level.

Not enthused on Kitchens either after half a season of coordinating, and never actually installed an offense over an offseason. Leave him where he is for now.

Thing people have to remember about the Bengals is Marvin Lewis raised the bar tenfold from what the Bengals were before he arrived. They have no formal scouting department and Mike Brown is one of the cheapest owners going.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 02 Jan 2019, 12:08 pm

Adams and the guy who plays DE, can't remember his name are the ones that I was thinking of

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Jan 2019, 12:58 pm

Adams is good, but Leonard Williams is decidedly meh. Two players dont make a roster!

Either way - Darnold will attract a half decent HC you'd think
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next