Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I mean are we even sure Gordon isn't a one year wonder who never stuck around for his drop off season.

A lot of hype for a guy who's had more near comebacks than games played in years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Lowlandbrit on Sun 03 Feb 2019, 4:10 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Kellen Moore, Mike Kafka and Ryan Lindley are all QB coaches, and could be serious OC or maybe even HC candidates next year. DeMarco Murray is now a RB coach at the University of Arizona. Where has the time gone?
Cowboys decided to ditch Linehan and Kellen Moore is now the Cowboys OC. Jon Kitna will be the new QB coach.

Kellen Moore, who was available in the same draft as Luck, Tannehill, Wilson, Foles and Cousins (same goes for Lindley). Erm

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 3:13 am

Kings.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 3:33 am

Literally the worst Superbowl I've ever watched.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 6:57 am

3 points lmfao
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 8:35 am

First one I’ve watched through and the only touchdown happened when my picture went. I’d like to take my fair share of responsibility

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 8:37 am

It's sad that this sport is trending in the wrong direction.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:18 am

Last year's game was fantastic.

This one was terrible. It happens
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:31 am

Only lasted till half time, the first I've not managed to watch through to the end. No matter what you think of the Patriots, it's bloody impressive

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:33 am

GSC wrote:Last year's game was fantastic.

Exactly - championship games were great this year, last year mostly meh.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 12:52 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Literally the worst Superbowl I've ever watched.
It was like one of those terrible early Thursday night games.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 1:02 pm

When it mattered, McVay coached scared the last 2 games. 12 months after Doug showed how to beat Belichick in the big game.

Also Goff is helpless without McVay doing everything bar throwing the ball for him
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 1:40 pm

GSC wrote:When it mattered, McVay coached scared the last 2 games. 12 months after Doug showed how to beat Belichick in the big game.

Also Goff is helpless without McVay doing everything bar throwing the ball for him

Boston media reported before the game a “unnamed” Patriots DB said “we believe Goff is going to sh*t himself” - they weren’t wrong. He was poor really since that Chiefs game

Rams have a lot of decisions to make this off season too in relation to free agents and potential retirements, and not a whole lot of draft picks either.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 2:10 pm

Goff has always **** the bed when it mattered. Did it against Atlanta last year, did against the Eagles in the reg season that year.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 2:14 pm

Goff has improved since he was drafted, but not beyond the awkward slightly above average starter level (aka the Kirk Cousins zone). It'll be interesting to see if they extend him once his rookie contract is up (would have been a fun extra twist if they'd won).

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 5:02 pm

We won and I actually enjoyed the game but i'm sure it wasn't as much fun if you're a neutral. Gotta appreciate two defensive game plans being executed well and yeah Goff played a bad game, maybe if he'd played even above average it would have been a different outcome.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 5:42 pm

Far from the worst SB I've seen, given some of the blowouts there have been but I was disappointed the Rams O didn't turn up. Both D's played LO, but the Pats blew the Rams OL away. Fantastic D prep from Belichick, like him or not, he has the ability to scheme up a shutdown D against any O. Look what he did against the Chargers, Chiefs and now Rams. Never taken to the guy, but he is a genius.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 7:35 pm

The only thing it really had going for it was that it was close almost the whole way through, so as much as the Rams were really doing nothing on offence, there was at least the potential for it to get interesting all of a sudden...

But yeah, didn't enjoy it that much... partly the inevitability of a Pats win!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 9:55 pm

I don't even think it was a great defensive game, just poorly played by the Rams and a Pats team that didn't play massively better
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:33 pm

Goff didn't have a good game for sure, obvious missed opportunities in the replays, but both the Patriots and Rams executed their defensive game plans well and that was the bigger reason for the scoreline.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 3:45 am

GSC wrote:Last year's game was fantastic.

Lowest ratings for a superbowl in 10 years. Not specific to this game alone, the sport in general is trending in the wrong direction.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 7:44 am

Well you cherry pick a game (in which a lot of America is fed up with the Pats) or you can look at the wider picture and see ratings climbed 5% again this regular season and 9% in the playoffs - with the NFL still having the highest rated shows on TV...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 8:01 am

The NFL just seems to be courting all the wrong kinds of controversy, in my view.

And it's not just "cherry-picking a game", it's the Superbowl.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 8:57 am

It's also a SB with the Pats, who everyone is bored of, and the Rams, whose own fanbase doesn't care about them.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 9:03 am

It also needs to be placed into context against how we consume media is vastly different to even 5 years ago, let alone 10.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 8:12 am

skins4ever wrote:Far from the worst SB I've seen, given some of the blowouts there have been but I was disappointed the Rams O didn't turn up. Both D's played LO, but the Pats blew the Rams OL away. Fantastic D prep from Belichick, like him or not, he has the ability to scheme up a shutdown D against any O. Look what he did against the Chargers, Chiefs and now Rams. Never taken to the guy, but he is a genius.

This.

Bit of a fan for a defensive battle where every First Down matters... saying that both O's weren't great (bar Edelman)…. At least it was up for grabs well into the 4th.

Roll on September Rolling Eyes

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 3:28 pm

TM Moot wrote:Roll on September Rolling Eyes
AAF starts this weekend. The Memphis team is being coached by Mike Singletary and starting Christian Hackenberg at QB, and that's about as high profile as it gets.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 7:15 pm

Kyler Murray declared he is concentrating on football full time. It will be fascinating to see where he ends up going and how successful he is.

In less thrilling news, the Browns have signed Kareem Hunt. Makes it a lot harder to root for them.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 4:39 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:if [the Broncos'] GM could actually recognise a good QB they'd be set for a while...
And... they're trading for Joe Flacco.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 4:42 pm

Elway does it again!
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 5:33 pm

Absolutely magnificent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 8:18 pm

In Elway’s defence, he did throw a football a long way once. John is only human.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 9:13 pm

New off season doesn't start for a couple of weeks

Cowboys already down 2 D line men
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 5:39 pm

Forward Pass wrote:New off season doesn't start for a couple of weeks

Cowboys already down 2 D line men

As ever the Cowboys are trying to outdo the Skins in the offseason. Just wait until draft day though...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 8:00 pm

Now the Cowboys are going back to the tight end safety blanket that is Jason Witten... it is all going on in Dallas right now (since nothing else is really going on)

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 10:46 pm

The Redskins
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 11:11 pm

Intent on living in NFL purgatory forever
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 11:13 am

Jay Gruden desperate to win those 7 games to try and save his job. Screws 2020 and beyond.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 2:57 pm

I'm sorry but why has he screwed 2020 and beyond? Because he swapped 6th and 7th rounders for a QB that none of us are sure will start?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 3:16 pm

Just tank it. Or you get to 2020 and still need a quarterback. Unless Alex Smith recovers and you can go 9-7 with him rather than 7-9 with Case Keemun. If they swing at Rosen or a QB in the draft then I take it all back, but that does sort of make it totally pointless trading for Keenum - however low the cost.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 9:59 pm

JDizzle wrote:Just tank it. Or you get to 2020 and still need a quarterback. Unless Alex Smith recovers and you can go 9-7 with him rather than 7-9 with Case Keemun. If they swing at Rosen or a QB in the draft then I take it all back, but that does sort of make it totally pointless trading for Keenum - however low the cost.

Agree totally - either go all out to get a young guy who could take you to a 10+ team win team or just suck and go 3-13 etc.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Sat 09 Mar 2019, 3:19 pm

Bear with me here, as I think the deal makes sense.

The Skins need at least 1 veteran on the roster with a chance of competing. McCoy isn't that guy and besides he's oft injured. We could draft (and still might) someone like Lock at #15, but it's no guarantee the guy is there when we pick. So we at least now have vet insurance.

Keenum is relatively cheap, given Denver are still paying half his salary ($3.5m), and like McCoy he's an FA after this year so we have no long term money tied up with him as we do with Smith. If we don't get our future QB in this draft, we get him next year, especially if we tank this season. Talk of Bridgewater was nice, but he's going to get $6-10m next year wherever he lands, and we can't afford that.

Keenum is on record as saying he'd like to go to AZ as he has a relationship with the HC, and that still could happen but is unlikely. Even if we did consider trading him on to AZ, I can't see AZ offering Rosen up in a straight swap, and giving up picks for an unknown like him is too risky. Kid has had a year in the NFL and shown pretty much nothing. But that doesn't mean the Skins aren't daft enough to do it...

So it's not a no brainer, but it makes sense given that we now go into the draft knowing we have a QB that can start and is likely to last a whole season, freeing us up to pick up supporting talent in the draft. I reckon they go BPA at 15, getting a starting LG or edge rusher, draft WR in round 2 and use one of their 3rd rounders on someone like Rypien; could be a starter or a perennial backup, but a 3rd isn't a wasted pick if he's the latter. Still leaves us plenty of picks to fill other gaps, and if we don't draft a QB, we should be better off with more OL talent, WR's and DB's available, our 3 major needs. Given Smiths injury I think we have to build for 2020 not 2019, and hope we either compete with Keenum or tank the season and get the a franchise QB next year.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 9:07 am

Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 4:31 pm

Great deal for the Raiders
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 6:44 pm

Oakland are going to pay Trent Brown nearly £17m a year. This is going to go badly.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:55 pm

GSC wrote:The Redskins
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Wed 13 Mar 2019, 7:05 am

The Giants
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 13 Mar 2019, 7:43 am

Gettleman has absolutely no idea what he’s doing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Wed 13 Mar 2019, 8:19 am

Unless they are arming up with picks to move up to #1 to grab Kyler (or Haskins), then it makes zero sense.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:11 am

If you want Haskins why not do #2 and the 49ers 2nd for 6 and OBJ
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Wed 13 Mar 2019, 10:39 am

I’m clutching to be honest. That is the only thing I see that is feasible, other the Gettleman is a moron which is the clubhouse leader.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum