Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 6 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC on Tue 18 Sep - 21:09

First topic message reminder :

I mean are we even sure Gordon isn't a one year wonder who never stuck around for his drop off season.

A lot of hype for a guy who's had more near comebacks than games played in years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 13 Mar - 10:57

Well we knew he was a moron when he took a running back at #2 overall in the most loaded QB class of the past decade despite having a bum QB

This is just taking it to new levels of moron
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by skins4ever on Thu 14 Mar - 18:42

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:This is just taking it to new levels of moron

That line is up there with "Never go full special" Laugh

Can't decide if the Giants or the Raiders are the new Browns. As I suspect Mayock has a plan, I'm going with the Giants. Very Happy

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Sat 16 Mar - 17:14

skins4ever wrote:Dolphins are also a mess. I can see them going QB in the draft and even releasing/trading Tannehill.
Tannehill's been traded to the Titans. Which does bring up an interesting point: assuming they're going to be awful this year, why would they draft a QB? Surely you wait until next year and get whoever you like best instead of hoping someone decent falls to you or trading a bunch of picks to move up?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Tue 19 Mar - 11:27

Lowlandbrit wrote:
skins4ever wrote:Dolphins are also a mess. I can see them going QB in the draft and even releasing/trading Tannehill.
Tannehill's been traded to the Titans. Which does bring up an interesting point: assuming they're going to be awful this year, why would they draft a QB? Surely you wait until next year and get whoever you like best instead of hoping someone decent falls to you or trading a bunch of picks to move up?

They've signed Fitzmagic so all is good... Whistle

I actually see them picking up a 2nd or 3rd round QB this year, as an understudy. But I can easily see them riding Fitx into oblivion then drafting high next year.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Wed 20 Mar - 13:00

Raiders have signed Burfict. Seems they are trying to get back to the old 'nasty' Raiders image. Wonder what the odds are on Brown and Burfict getting into it in the locker room/at camp? Smile

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Wed 20 Mar - 13:06

Moment Burflict goes after Brown he'll be looking for work
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Sun 24 Mar - 22:08

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 6 D2dJhFAUcAALDjd

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon 25 Mar - 13:22

My prince
My king
My Gronk

rose
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 on Mon 25 Mar - 15:27

One of the best to play the position, good luck Rob. thumbsup

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon 25 Mar - 15:57

twelve283 wrote:The best to play the position, good luck Rob. thumbsup

Fixed.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 26 Mar - 2:49

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
twelve283 wrote:The best to play the position, good luck Rob. thumbsup

Fixed.

Give over, he's no Tony Gonzalez.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue 26 Mar - 10:11

Hes better.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 26 Mar - 10:34

Need to be on the field to be better. Gonzalez is the GOAT TE. Hands down.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue 26 Mar - 11:07

Tony G only did half the work Gronk did. Gronk was also money in the postseason.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Tue 26 Mar - 12:49

GSC wrote:Tony G only did half the work Gronk did. Gronk was also money in the postseason.

Gronk’s play off stat line is obscene - 16 games, 81 receptions, 1163 yards, 12 TDS. That’s a ridiculous season for a TE, and that is in the play offs.

It is ridiculous to think Jason Witten is playing in the NFL in 2019 and Gronk is not though...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 26 Mar - 13:07

Tony G didn't have the GOAT QB throwing to him for his entire career.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue 26 Mar - 15:33

Playing with Gronk is a decent part of why Brady is considered the GOAT
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 27 Mar - 8:24

GSC wrote:Playing with Gronk is a decent part of why Brady is considered the GOAT

If you look at Brady's splits with and without Gronk he goes from being the GOAT with him, to like Alex Smith without him.

I think you can argue Tony G had a better career (essentially because he played longer), but there hasn't been a more talented or more effective TE to take to the field than Gronk in NFL history.

He's what makes that Pats offence work, because he is the ultimate matchup nightmare. You line him up at TE, and if the D puts a LB on him, Brady switches the play and splits him out wide and suddenly you have a LB on one of the best deep threats in the NFL. If you put a safety on him, they run at that safety because Gronk would obliterate them in the running game. If you put two, even three guys on him suddenly Edelman/Cooks/Amendola/Welker/Hernandez etc are 1 on 1 with a lesser player and Brady can abuse that matchup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 29 Mar - 1:30

Jordan Howard traded to the Eagles. We think that the Bears are going forward with Cohen?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Mon 15 Apr - 16:51

Seems like there's at least a small chance Russell Wilson gets traded. Shocked

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 on Mon 15 Apr - 18:59

Lowlandbrit wrote:Seems like there's at least a small chance Russell Wilson gets traded. Shocked

Nahhh... he's just pushing them to get a deal done sooner rather than later. I'm sure they will sort it!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 on Tue 16 Apr - 18:55

crazy_dave23 wrote:
Lowlandbrit wrote:Seems like there's at least a small chance Russell Wilson gets traded. Shocked

Nahhh... he's just pushing them to get a deal done sooner rather than later. I'm sure they will sort it!

Called it...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 23 Apr - 8:29

If the Giants take Daniel Jones at #6 I miss die of laughter
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Tue 23 Apr - 18:52

Chiefs are trading for Frank Clark. Seems like it would have been a lot cheaper and easier to just keep Ford, but I suppose you can't say they've done nothing about their defensive issues.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue 23 Apr - 19:11

The **** are they doing
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Tue 23 Apr - 19:35

They’ve been absolutely fleeced. Incredible. All because of perceived 3-4/4-3 differences. Mental.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 23 Apr - 19:49

They literally could’ve just given Trey Flowers that contract and got the same if not a better player and kept their picks

Also their issue last year was really that they couldn’t cover anyone, and now don’t have a first rounder to address that

Weird
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Thu 25 Apr - 17:03

Can't wait for everyone to be stunned at the end of next season how expensive it's going to be for the Steelers to replace Roethlisberger.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Fri 26 Apr - 8:46

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:If the Giants take Daniel Jones at #6 I miss die of laughter
Rip
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Fri 26 Apr - 8:47

GSC wrote:The Giants
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 26 Apr - 9:16

Clelin Ferrell was a far worse pick, imho.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Fri 26 Apr - 11:23

GSC wrote:
GSC wrote:The Giants

Smile

While Philly only shored up their OL, the Giants and Cowboys haven't benefited from this draft at all so far. I'm loving the Sweat pick and I'm willing to give Haskins the benefit of the doubt, so right now the Skins look likely to come out of this draft on top form the NFC East. I'm just hoping we can get a G and WR in the 3rd, both with potential to start.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Fri 26 Apr - 11:25

Pr4wn wrote:Clelin Ferrell was a far worse pick, imho.

You mean he's a wasted pick or just taken too high? Pundits seem to think the Raiders have done pretty well so far.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Fri 26 Apr - 11:28

I mean the Cowboys have the most productive 2019 draft class so far
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 26 Apr - 11:50

skins4ever wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Clelin Ferrell was a far worse pick, imho.

You mean he's a wasted pick or just taken too high? Pundits seem to think the Raiders have done pretty well so far.

Just an almighty reach. He'd surely have been available much further down.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Fri 26 Apr - 13:34

It's a strange reality where the Jets are the best ran New Jersey franchise
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Fri 26 Apr - 16:26

I'm thinking the Cards dropped the ball not trading Rosen before now. His value has got to have dropped to at best a 3rd rounder and probably less. I can't see anyone trading for him now, given the number of potentially decent QB's still available. Phins are being touted as interested, but I'm wondering if this whole process has broken him.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 15 May - 17:07

Having seen what the Giants have done this off season, the Jets go "hey, you can't take our most dysfunctional team in New York mantle" and sack their GM in favour of making Adam Gase head football king - just after they let him run the draft and free agency, months after keeping him

God bless that franchise
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Wed 15 May - 17:08

Jets have fired their GM and have given the (interim) job to: Adam Gase. That should go well.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum