Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 8 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I mean are we even sure Gordon isn't a one year wonder who never stuck around for his drop off season.

A lot of hype for a guy who's had more near comebacks than games played in years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 8 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Cornish Warrior on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:31 am

Pats slowly building again, heard it mentioned Brown might be re-signed, is this true?
Cornish Warrior
Cornish Warrior

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 8 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:01 am

the Rams are still in super bowl or bust mode because apparently they didnt notice any of the holes at RB, OL or any defender that isnt Aaron Donald.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 am

Or Jalen Ramsay....

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:07 am

They've full on hit the "panic mode" button
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:26 pm

They’d have been better off trading their picks for Tunsil when he was available than Ramsey tbf.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 am

So.... how about those Jets?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:29 pm

It is my opinion that Bill Belichick is good at coaching the defence of American football. Here ends my hot take

Pats trading a 2nd for Sanu - bit of a steep price, but he fits perfectly and they needed WR help particularly another bigger body, and they have a bunch of mid round picks this year anyways
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:It is my opinion that Bill Belichick is good at coaching the defence of American football. Here ends my hot take

Pats trading a 2nd for Sanu - bit of a steep price, but he fits perfectly and they needed WR help particularly another bigger body, and they have a bunch of mid round picks this year anyways

They need a #1 TE most of all on O and with them being a rarity at the moment, the move for Sanu makes sense. I daresay Bill will find a #1 TE and OL in the lower rounds next year too Rolling Eyes

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 pm

skins4ever wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:It is my opinion that Bill Belichick is good at coaching the defence of American football. Here ends my hot take

They need a #1 TE most of all on O and with them being a rarity at the moment, the move for Sanu makes sense. I daresay Bill will find a #1 TE and OL in the lower rounds next year too Rolling Eyes

Someone mentioned they enquired about Howard and were rebuffed. I wonder if Tampa might come offering him again.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Sanu really isnt very good 

Not that the Pats defense isnt excellent but I doubt you could've handpicked a better slate of opponents. Probably 1 team that wont be picking in the top 10 so far
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:21 pm

GSC wrote:Sanu really isnt very good 

Not that the Pats defense isnt excellent but I doubt you could've handpicked a better slate of opponents. Probably 1 team that wont be picking in the top 10 so far

Pretty much sums up the Pats offensive roster on paper though (other than Brady of course) - players of OK quality at best that somehow become moulded into the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen (given the length of time they've been at or near the top, and how often even when they aren't champions they've been losing Superbowls or AFC Championship games).

As for the level of opposition, OK playing the Dolphins twice a year helps Sad , but the Bills are decent, Jets a bit meh. You can only beat what's in front of you though, and the Pats do that about as well as anyone. In fact this season they have scored more points and conceded fewest of anyone in the league, having played 8 games (about half the teams have played 8, the rest 7)

I've been over in North America for most of the last month, so seen a bit more football (and baseball) than normal. 49ers are a ferocious defensive team, especially their defensive line. The most amazing stat about the 49ers is that in their 7-0 start, their starting quarterback had only thrown for 9 TDs (and 7 picks).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 pm

The best thing about the Niners line is SkyBet very generously offered 100-1 on Nick Bosa recording 12 sacks this season. Hopefully he can stay fit and he should cruise it!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:45 am

What the bloody hell was Miles Garrett doing?!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:25 am

getting the winter off work
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:06 am

GSC wrote:getting the winter off work

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit longer than that tbh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
GSC wrote:getting the winter off work

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit longer than that tbh

Well it's currently forever... won't exactly last...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:33 am

So how about those footballs, am I right?

Ravens looking pretty unbeatable as of now. Jackson has just been unbelievable.

The most interesting debate appears to be who the worst team in the league is. The Bengals were favourites but they took down the mighty Jets on Sunday without Andy Dalton throwing a single interception.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Bengals are doing a suprisingly professional looking job at tanking; got a game in hand before trying to avoid the 0-16 stink.
Speaking of bad teams, the 2-10 Giants are theoretically still in the playoff hunt. Remember when people thought the Giants might actually have been on to something with Daniel Jones? That was weird.

Net points after 12 games:
Ravens +187
Patriots +177
49ers +166
Next best is Chiefs +83  Shocked

Giants -109
Redskins -117
Bengals -119
Dolphins -177

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Disappointed as a Dolphins fan (from the Marino, Duper, Clayton team), that we can't even put together a season so bad as to get the #1 pick in the draft. Were truly appalling for the first four or five weeks, but have improved to the level of 'mediocre or slightly below' over the last few games. Good innovation on the punter to kicker touchdown though Very Happy

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:14 am

Is there a QB in football more desperately infuriating than Jameis Winston? He has such incredible arm talent, he's a locker room leader but in all his years in the league, he still hasn't learned to look after the football.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum