European Tour - 2019

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty European Tour - 2019

Post by GPB on Mon 14 Jan 2019, 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

New Year, Time for a New Thread.

EuroTour makes it 2019 Debut this week with the Abu Dhabi HSBC Classic Presented by EGA.  Next week is Dubai and the following week is the New Saudi Event

Guessing that the EGA Presentation got Abu Dhabi a promotion to a Rolex Series event.


DJ and BK are playing in Abu Dhabi.  So is Fleetwood, Stenson, Oosthuizen, RCB, Barnrat, Poulter, and Oleson

Despite the the Hired Guns from USA and Rolex Promotion, Abu Dhabi will have its lowest OWGR rating in 10 yrs.  Pelley can't be happy about that.

GPB

Posts : 6500
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down


European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Mon 13 May 2019, 1:44 am

thumbsup thumbsup

Happy to see Kinhult win, lovely swing and looks the real thing. Only 22 and it's a crying shame this W didn't arrive a week or two earlier to squeeze him into the PGA. Best Swede of their new generation?

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by JAS on Mon 13 May 2019, 11:56 am

Fair play Ned, good to hear. I had hoped to sneak a visit too but just too much on at the moment. I have played it a couple of times although it’s been a few years now. Absolutely loved it and thought it deserves a little bit better rank in the rankings. As you say not pure links (way too many trees which the R&A are apparently not keen on in links courses) personally I think that actually enhances the overall experience.

With regards to Howeller i’ll try and find out who the bag man was. It’s Howeller’s event at our place this coming Sat although word on the street says he can’t make it this year do do the presentations & stuff.

JAS

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 56
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by NedB-H on Mon 13 May 2019, 6:29 pm

Cheers everyone,

Kwini, I think I still have Bjork as the best of the young Swedes, if he counts as young enough. But Kinhult certainly looks like he’s got a complete game, not the longest but solid with every club. Maybe not suited to the bomb and gauge courses as much as he is old style layouts.

JAS, Howeller’s bagman seemed to be annoying the other two all round, not a young guy but Catlin’s was an experienced looking type too and Canizares has Jan Squire who’s been around years. He rattled Howell’s bag as Canizares stood over a two footer on one hole and then had to correct himself when Squire called him out on saying “this way, boys” on the final green.

NedB-H

Posts : 2147
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Kent / Ceredigion

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Mon 13 May 2019, 7:24 pm

Ned,
You follow golfers the way I do- pick four (or more) groups for two days and follow them through the round.
Usually try and pick an early "featured" player and some lesser lights in the afternoon.
Was hoping to watch the Senior PGA next week but life intervened, so Hartford next.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by NedB-H on Mon 13 May 2019, 7:57 pm

I have two rules for going to tournaments Kwini. Rule one is get an idea of the course by walking 18 with a group where you can get close to the action (i.e. no one else much is with them). Rule two is if you want to give your legs a rest, do it by watching the field come through a par 3.

They apply best to Thursday and Friday, but my rule three is go to both those days and watch the weekend on tv.

NedB-H

Posts : 2147
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Kent / Ceredigion

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Sat 25 May 2019, 2:41 pm

I wouldn't have guessed five years ago that Bernd Wiesberger wouldn't have played Ryder Cup golf by now.
Hope this is a sign that he's healthy and coming back to his best.
Sporty run there from Oliver Wilson, -6 in 6 holes.
Keep it up boys, I love a good comeback! (PS: Gonzo & Dodo playing well too!)

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by GPB on Sun 26 May 2019, 3:35 pm

Are there no official sponsors of the Made in Denmark presented by Freja

Spoiler:
European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 B3c1338b815a112cf58a96a91b8fbda06d37baf0a07607d69d4cbf7ff0c5e2a1

GPB

Posts : 6500
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 26 May 2019, 6:03 pm

Impressed with Robert MacIntyre, the first of the GB&I 2017 Walker Cup Team to really make his mark as a pro. Cameron Champ was in the US Team and he's had a purple patch of form already, but otherwise that crew are also just making their way thru' the minor Tours.

Well done Bernd, it's good to see you back!

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Sun 26 May 2019, 8:37 pm

Reports out of Cork that Ian Poulter was over recently to take a sneak preview of this year's Irish open venue ...

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 0_rod-10

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by pedro on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 10:08 am

Overpriced. Footballers. LFC. A lot of time on their hands. What's not to like, super?
http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2019/tournamentid=2019056/news/newsid=372043.html

pedro

Posts : 6655
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by I'm never wrong on Sat 29 Jun 2019, 5:04 pm

Watched a bit of the Andalucia Masters yesterday. Thomas Bjorn on the 18th. Commentators said he had a putt to remain at +1 and make the cut. Someone started up a buggy and distracted Bjorn. Missed the putt. Commentators thought driver of buggy had better lie low. Anyway, the cut moved to +2 and Bjorn was still in. Scores -4 today and goes from scraping in to tied 7th. Just shows, never give up.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by pedro on Sat 29 Jun 2019, 10:54 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:Someone started up a buggy and distracted Bjorn.
Must have been Ian Woosnam.

pedro

Posts : 6655
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 9:35 am

Anyone going to Lahinch?
Know much about it??

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by I'm never wrong on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 2:07 pm

Just looking at the Irish Open leaderboard. They put a claret jug next to the names of those qualified for The Open. Big names (to me) not yet qualified include Kaymer, Power, Gonzo, Dunne and Beef. 3 places available.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 3:22 pm

Who's this Harrington bloke up with the leaders?
Playing without the pressure of needing a good finish just to qualify for Portrush working wonders. Let's hope it lasts.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 4:34 pm

I'm on the Costa Brava at the minute topping up my sunburn  mad . So only following it on the internet. It's a beautiful course and good field, I'm home Saturday morning, so might get over to it Sunday.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 4:55 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:I'm on the Costa Brava at the minute topping up my sunburn  mad . So only following it on the internet. It's a beautiful course and good field, I'm home Saturday morning, so might get over to it Sunday.


Sounds good.
Interesting Ian Baker Finch talking about the Mohs procedure in removing his skin cancer. I've had two, no doubt more to come. But love the sun!!!!!!!!!!

St Padraig now leading the way.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 5:15 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:I'm on the Costa Brava at the minute topping up my sunburn  mad . So only following it on the internet. It's a beautiful course and good field, I'm home Saturday morning, so might get over to it Sunday.


Sounds good.
Interesting Ian Baker Finch talking about the Mohs procedure in removing his skin cancer. I've had two, no doubt more to come. But love the sun!!!!!!!!!!

St Padraig now leading the way.

Jeez, look after yourself Kwini
I'm on the factor 30 all week so haven't actually burnt, I can only imagine the atmosphere down there right now with Padraig leading, it must be mental Laugh

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by I'm never wrong on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 6:20 pm

Pádraig did the fist bumps as he came off the 18th. Saw him suddenly pull his hand back and say “Won’t do that again” so I guess he got a harder one than expected. Always thought this was a bit dodgy for golfers. Would thought a “low five” would be better.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 9:24 pm

Ha! INW, thankfully it wasn't Jason Day or he'd be out for half a season.

Kwini, great to get the heat into the bones!!!!

The European Tour YouTube channel do some great round highlights. Padraig's and Shane's up there now

https://youtu.be/AXmsGzNSRCE

Tyrrell not doing great lately, I'm starting to think I want the Angry Tyrrell back he was playing some great golf there for a good stretch.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 5:07 pm

Interesting reflections from Beef Johnston in this interview:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2019/tournamentid=2019058/news/newsid=372461.html

Imagine there are a lot more players with internal traumas than make the news.

Weird thing with Johnston is that he built his own populist image, than seemed to have become overwhelmed by it all.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 6:36 pm

Yes Kwini indeed, too much too soon for the lad from Finchley it seems. Sounds like he had a pretty hectic last year with all the changes in his life personally and professionally. It's such a tough game mentally, I'm glad I don't do it for a living.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by robopz on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 12:57 pm

Haven't seen any of the tournament on TV, but scanning the leaderboard it's still a shame not to have Rory McIlroy there. But who can blame him?  The way they pulled the rug out from underneath his feet, it might be a while before he returns to the Irish Open. If he does return soon, it's only because Rory has a hell of a lot more class than McGinley or the European Tour.

robopz

Posts : 3233
Join date : 2012-04-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 9:16 pm

robopz wrote:Haven't seen any of the tournament on TV, but scanning the leaderboard it's still a shame not to have Rory McIlroy there. But who can blame him?  The way they pulled the rug out from underneath his feet, it might be a while before he returns to the Irish Open. If he does return soon, it's only because Rory has a hell of a lot more class than McGinley or the European Tour.

If you get a chance to drop in to Northern Ireland while over this side of the pond, don't forget to tell the locals your chum GPB thinks Rory's a snowflake thumbsup

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 10:21 pm

Fantastic round from Robert Rock today, incredible scoring. I still think I'll be cheering for Eddie Pepperell though as he's quite a character.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by GPB on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 11:17 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:
robopz wrote:Haven't seen any of the tournament on TV, but scanning the leaderboard it's still a shame not to have Rory McIlroy there. But who can blame him?  The way they pulled the rug out from underneath his feet, it might be a while before he returns to the Irish Open. If he does return soon, it's only because Rory has a hell of a lot more class than McGinley or the European Tour.

If you get a chance to drop in to Northern Ireland while over this side of the pond, don't forget to tell the locals your chum GPB thinks Rory's a snowflake thumbsup

I do?

GPB

Posts : 6500
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 10:10 am

GPB wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:
robopz wrote:Haven't seen any of the tournament on TV, but scanning the leaderboard it's still a shame not to have Rory McIlroy there. But who can blame him?  The way they pulled the rug out from underneath his feet, it might be a while before he returns to the Irish Open. If he does return soon, it's only because Rory has a hell of a lot more class than McGinley or the European Tour.

If you get a chance to drop in to Northern Ireland while over this side of the pond, don't forget to tell the locals your chum GPB thinks Rory's a snowflake thumbsup

I do?

You said you did, perhaps you've changed your mind? We had an argument about it and since then robo's been chiming in with this guff. Even though it's been thoroughly explained to him, including quotes from Rory himself. But not to worry, I'm sure McGinley & the European Tour will survive robo's half baked notions/poor trolling efforts. Now I hope he gets back to enjoying his holiday.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by robopz on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 12:59 pm

Be_the_ball wrote:
GPB wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:
robopz wrote:Haven't seen any of the tournament on TV, but scanning the leaderboard it's still a shame not to have Rory McIlroy there. But who can blame him?  The way they pulled the rug out from underneath his feet, it might be a while before he returns to the Irish Open. If he does return soon, it's only because Rory has a hell of a lot more class than McGinley or the European Tour.

If you get a chance to drop in to Northern Ireland while over this side of the pond, don't forget to tell the locals your chum GPB thinks Rory's a snowflake thumbsup

I do?

You said you did, perhaps you've changed your mind? We had an argument about it and since then robo's been chiming in with this guff. Even though it's been thoroughly explained to him, including quotes from Rory himself. But not to worry, I'm sure McGinley & the European Tour will survive robo's half baked notions/poor trolling efforts. Now I hope he gets back to enjoying his holiday.
Feel free to talk to JP Fitzgerald for the back story of what really happened the weeks of and in the months following the 2017 Irish Open and get back to me...

robopz

Posts : 3233
Join date : 2012-04-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 6:47 pm

Wonderful week of Irish Open golf courtesy of the Golf Channel, excellent coverage with only two quibbles:
*Unattributed but often lengthy tape delay - very Fox-like.
*Englishman Tom Abbott talks way too much. Wish he'd just shut up and go away.

Great golf and enough travelogue scenic stuff to make me want to book six months in Ireland, North and South.

Shame Martin Kaymer has still missed out on Portrush, but great to see Oliver Wilson & Eddie Molinari getting back towards their best.
Jon Rahm too good!

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Shotrock on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 10:45 pm

I played Lahinch a number of years ago. Wonderful course. Glad to see the Open stay on the Island of Ireland. Also glad to see the US women finish yet another soccer tournament on top.

Shotrock

Posts : 3455
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Philadelphia

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by GPB on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 7:22 pm

BetheBall.

I don't remember calling Rory a Snowflake or anything close to that. Maybe I did, so if you can give me some context, maybe it will trigger my memory.

And I don't what Robo is talking about w/ respect to Irish Open and Rory.

GPB

Posts : 6500
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 11:16 pm

Forget it GPB, it's no big deal. Robo, too cryptic for me I'm afraid, I've no idea  Headscratch ?? McGinley can't really give Rory too much grief though, everyone in Irish golf puts pressure on Rory to win more Majors, so they can't really complain when he actually goes ahead and schedules accordingly. If he goes on and wins in Portrush it will all be quickly forgotten.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Be_the_ball on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 11:21 pm

Shotrock wrote:I played Lahinch a number of years ago. Wonderful course. Glad to see the Open stay on the Island of Ireland. Also glad to see the US women finish yet another soccer tournament on top.

Indeed Sr, two fine links courses. Too bad we couldn't have them back to back. But not to be this year. Looking forward to Portrush now, should be a great test.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1224
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by JAS on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 10:57 am

Anybody played this weeks venue? Is it the gated one on the left on the way into Archerfield from the main road? I thought Muirfield was a bit snooty until I went down that road, bouncer on the Archerfield Clubhouse door wasn’t keen to let us in at all. The kind of place that really makes you appreciate the welcoming nature of North Berwick just down the road.

JAS

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 56
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by JAS on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 1:09 pm

Just a quickie re next week, anyone know where to find the reserve list? Do the ones who just missed out in Final qualifying top the list? If so how do they then sort out the 4th places from the different venues? Does it go back to world ranking? Or are there 3 places up for grabs in East Lothian this week and that’s it? Anyone dropping out now doesn’t get replaced? Got to say the Open site isn’t great on elaborating.

JAS

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 56
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by McLaren on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 1:13 pm

Jas

Yes I've played Renaissance. Tom Doak masterpiece.

But in honesty it isn't as good a course as north Berwick.

The club was obviously for the loaded but it felt quite relaxed, most of the members were trollied on wine at lunch time.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 14250
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 1:30 pm

JAS wrote:Just a quickie re next week, anyone know where to find the reserve list? Do the ones who just missed out in Final qualifying top the list? If so how do they then sort out the 4th places from the different venues? Does it go back to world ranking? Or are there 3 places up for grabs in East Lothian this week and that’s it? Anyone dropping out now doesn’t get replaced? Got to say the Open site isn’t great on elaborating.


JAS,
I believe the reserve list reverts to the OWGR as at the date of the Final Qualies. Korhonen and Pavan gained entry via that route last weekend.
It might be the ranking as at June 30th:

http://dps.endavadigital.net/owgr/doc/content/archive/2019/owgr26f2019.pdf

Perhaps Kaymer is a little further adrift than previously guessed as his Lahinch result would not count.
But would stress that this is just a guess!!

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by I'm never wrong on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 2:05 pm

JAS - if it’s still there, have a look at The Open Final Qualifying Pages. I thought I saw a number against the players who didn’t qualify. This number is their placing on the alternate list. I might have remembered this for a different tournament so don’t hold me to it.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by GPB on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 2:34 pm

Joaquin Niemann just got his invite yesterday as an alternate. He was 82nd last week, 79th this week. Kaymer was 98th last week, 90th this week.

Daly just WDed from Portrush, this Golf channel article says Kaymer is third on the alternate list, behind Sabbatini and Harman.

Harman is ahead of Kaymer in the OWGR this week, and behind him last week, so they must be going off this week's rankings.

GPB

Posts : 6500
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Shotrock on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 8:01 pm

Place looks pretty special ....

https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/7/8/first-look-renaissance-club-host-of-the-asi-scottish-open

Shotrock

Posts : 3455
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Philadelphia

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by super_realist on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 8:05 am

Shotrock wrote:Place looks pretty special ....

https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/7/8/first-look-renaissance-club-host-of-the-asi-scottish-open

Probably the most exclusive club in Scotland Sr.

super_realist

Posts : 23146
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by sirbenson on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 6:42 pm

Was at Lahinch last weekend for the Irish Open, perhaps the best course I've ever seen in person!

sirbenson

Posts : 2801
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 6:49 pm

It looked fabulous!

Who were you impressed with?

sirb,
Do you fancy starting an Open Championship thread?

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by sirbenson on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:44 pm

Just opened a thread!

Rahm has that extra gear very few have, just very impressive!
Who was I impressed with apart from Rahm, Wiesberger especially, he's come back from that injury really well and he has a chance of Ryder Cup next year imo! other include probably Grant Forrest, Zander Lombard and Mike Lorenzo-Vera

sirbenson

Posts : 2801
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 12:44 pm

Par looks to be about 68/69 at this Renaissance place. My GC TV feed is out at the moment - is it playing as a links course?

If not, what's the point?

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by GPB on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 1:53 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Par looks to be about 68/69 at this Renaissance place. My GC TV feed is out at the moment - is it playing as a links course?

If not, what's the point?

5 players (at the time of this post) from the Morning wave over par, 74 is trending as the highest score.

I can't believe the course didn't grow the rough up to 6" and narrowed the fairways to 15 yds wide.

GPB

Posts : 6500
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 1:57 pm

GPB wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Par looks to be about 68/69 at this Renaissance place. My GC TV feed is out at the moment - is it playing as a links course?

If not, what's the point?

5 players (at the time of this post) from the Morning wave over par, 74 is trending as the highest score.

I can't believe the course didn't grow the rough up to 6" and narrowed the fairways to 15 yds wide.


Might just as well be playing the PGA Tour on a dog day afternoon . . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by GPB on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 2:16 pm

Or maybe the stakeholders of the course do not want to jump through hoops for a tenant that is going to be there for one week. I don't blame them one bit.

GPB

Posts : 6500
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by kwinigolfer on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 2:20 pm

GPB wrote:Or maybe the stakeholders of the course do not want to jump through hoops for a tenant that is going to be there for one week.  I don't blame them one bit.

I think they'll be host to the Ladies shortly . . . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25704
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by wiretapper on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 4:11 pm

Fowler and McDowell; +2 at the turn

wiretapper

Posts : 521
Join date : 2016-07-20
Location : Location : Location

Back to top Go down

European Tour - 2019 - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour - 2019

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum