The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

+19
RDW
wayne
LordDowlais
Welshmushroom
TightHEAD
VinceWLB
demosthenes
BigGee
Cardiff Dave
carpet baboon
Eejit
PhilBB
munkian
maestegmafia
Valleyboy
Luckless Pedestrian
Brendan
Pot Hale
mikey_dragon
23 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 4 Empty Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

RiscaGame wrote:A good win for Dragons. Wonder if George North might get banned this week for more shethousery. Guy is turning into a dirty get down there.

Wasn’t too convinced by the subs we made, but they turned out to be wise choices. That includes Tovey steadying the ship and kicking the winner and surprisingly Suter being solid in the scrum.
It's an amazing win given the Ospreys dominance. If they'd have made the right calls our luck would have run out I think.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:13 am

As disappointing as it is to have lost a winnable match, I was so impressed again with our defence. We would have conceded two or three tries under that kind of pressure earlier in the season.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:11 am

carpet baboon wrote:Hello all.
Don't know if any of you would be interested but Jackman was on the 42s weekly podcast this week.
He spoke highly of all involved in the dragon's but the one thing that stood out seemed to be that he believes that things that were promised for the rebuilding/restructuring of the club were now being withdrawn from the powers that be.
Was he appointed before or after the WRU took charge?

Also I understand that he's not going to go on and say he was rubbish and deserved the sack, and also parts of the interview seemed like he was advertising his availability and looking for a job.
But found it interesting

It's a difficult one to answer.  As Munkian says, he was endorsed by Gatland.  At the time it almost seemed like Gatland/WRU were instrumental in 'putting' Jackman into the Dragons head honcho role.  But I think he might have predated the actual WRU take over.

In terms of the things promised, again it's a tricky one.  The conspiracy theorists (although I am not one, I wouldn't be surprised by some of the rumours given the way the WRU has acted in the past!) would have you believe that the ONLY reason the WRU bought out the Dragons and saved the day was for purely business purposes - if the previous owners had sold the ground and land for housing they would have got a whole lot more for it, but they wanted to keep it as a sporting venue (and I suspect they didn't want the fall out and abuse they would have got from selling it for housing).  But as a sporting site it was worth far less.  So the theory goes that the WRU bought it cheaply in full knowledge that they would just keep the region going until the end of the current RSA (rugby service agreement between the regions and the WRU) and then sell it for a good few million profit to a housing development firm, or similar.  So if that is the case then the promises would have been hollow and yes they would never have intended to follow through with them anyway.

If that's not the case then I think the WRU is just waiting for the outcome of the new RSA (is it called 'PRA' or something?).  They're negotiating currently with the regions and there are all sorts of rumours about funding 2 regions much more and 2 regions much less (the 2+2 model); or 3 regions more and 1 less (the 3+1 model with the '1' being a development region).  So they wouldn't want to put things in place before this agreement was done and dusted.  No point putting in new things to rebuild and restructure if the outcome of 'Project Reset' is to demote the Dragons to a development region.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 am

carpet baboon wrote:Hello all.
Don't know if any of you would be interested but Jackman was on the 42s weekly podcast this week.
He spoke highly of all involved in the dragon's but the one thing that stood out seemed to be that he believes that things that were promised for the rebuilding/restructuring of the club were now being withdrawn from the powers that be.
Was he appointed before or after the WRU took charge?

Also I understand that he's not going to go on and say he was rubbish and deserved the sack, and also parts of the interview seemed like he was advertising his availability and looking for a job.
But found it interesting

Maybe the WRU fibbed a little bit, possibly?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:48 am

There's a bit of talk on Twitter (Robin Davey the ex-Argus dude; PhillBB alluding to it too) that the new RSA has all but been agreed as part of Project Reset and the Dragons will be funded less than the other 3 (so the 3+1 model that was being proposed). However, it's not as little funding as was once first feared. Sounds like the Dragons are relatively happy because it could have been much worse, with rumours of being closed down, merged with North Wales, etc. but at the same time we are going to be a 'lesser' region and will not have the same status as the others, which = development region of sorts.

I have mixed feelings on this to be honest. The challenge for the Dragons and Buttress (and the WRU I guess, but I doubt they'd try too hard) is to try to make up the shortfall somehow - close the gap with the others through sponsorship, investment, etc. Nigh on impossible though I guess as businesses weren't exactly falling over themselves when we were a 'full' region, and it will be difficult attracting investment to a 'lesser' team. Interesting times.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 am

I'm worried that all of the Welsh players currently in the 6 nations squad are playing with all this lack of job security at the back of their minds, can't be easy.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:51 am

Yeah, just reading an article in the Argus now from Kirwan about the uncertainty and the effect it must be having on players.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/17432188.chris-kirwan-project-reset-uncertainty-making-it-near-impossible-for-players-to-concentrate-on-the-rugby/

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 am

There's no real reason to worry about it, from our point of view (IMO). I think most see us as a development team in all but name anyway. I can see us maybe having an increased role in North Wales, but not being located as such. They do seem to make as big a fuss about all the clubs in Gwent too, which is why people like Dobbin think we are safe.

Time for Buttress to step up with his grand hotel/leisure complex plan, as that seems to be the way we think we will cover the funding gap.

The Welsh players have little to worry about, do they? It's more the Adam Warrens and Brok Harris' of the world who are on tenterhooks.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:19 am

Edinburgh: D Fife, D Graham, J Johnstone, C Dean, D van der Merwe, J van der Walt, H Pyrgos (captain), P Schoeman, R Ford, P Ceccarelli, F McKenzie, B Toolis, M Bradbury, L Crosbie, V Mata. Replacements: D Cherry, R Sutherland, M McCallum, C Hunter-Hill, A Miller, N Fowles, S Hickey, JP Socino.

Dragons: J Williams, J Rosser, T Morgan, J Sage, W Talbot-Davies, J Lewis, R Williams, B Harris, R Hibbard (captain), L Fairbrother, J Davies, M Screech, H Keddie, O Griffiths, J Benjamin. Replacements: R Lawrence, R Fawcett, D Suter, L Evans, T Basham, R Davies, G Henson, Z Kirchner.

I would've expected Tovey to have benched for this one, especially against his old club. Kind of pointless having Super Gav in the squad really, in my opinion. Great to see Basham in a 23.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 am

Looks like we will be in for a game anyway Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:25 am

I think the fear is about them closing the region down completely and selling the ground, and just focusing on 3. Or 2. And then they'll need to find teams to join, and if you're a fringe Wales player you'll be trying to force your way in with a region already stocked with 1st choice Welsh players (I'm thinking the likes of Amos, Wainright, etc.). Sounds like that's not going to happen (closing down) but no-one actually knows that for sure which is causing the anxiety. Apparently an announcement is going to be made after the England game - why then, I'm not sure? That would suggest it's a seismic announcement and doing it beforehand might negatively affect the players for the England game. If all is rosy then an announcement beforehand would settle the players and allow them to focus on the rugby, surely?! But who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:26 am

Or maybe the news is that great, it'll be a timely boost after a likely defeat to England. Wishful thinking laughing

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:54 am

Very Happy Fingers crossed Fingers Crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:34 am

Some good moments last night against a very good Edinburgh team.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:19 am

Edinburgh have certainly transformed with a new coach and a few squad additions. To think we were told by someone here that these coaches and players aren’t out there Rolling Eyes

In other news our U18 team are undefeated.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Drags looked really good for the first 40 mins and were good for their lead at half time.

They ran out of steam in the second half, but should take some promise from that performance. They look just a few players short of being competitive, but not so far away.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:28 pm

The bench for Dragons was horrific. It’s little wonder Jones only made changes when he had to or when the game was gone. The one Merwe try sums it up (first, I think). Lewis Evans just on and ruck inspecting and then walking from a ruck. Henson putting an awful tackle attempt in and then being softly pulled out of the way.

There might’ve been a bit of good, but getting nilled second half is bad and some of the defence I saw was terrible for two of the tries. Even Jordan Williams should’ve clattered Merwe when Rosser part held him.

Still, Treviso away next. They did pretty well today, so that’s good news ha.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Yeah I did notice Henson’s tackle-attempts. Can’t see him being around much longer tackling like that. Good to see Tyler Morgan fit and able for a change.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:31 am

RiscaGame wrote:The bench for Dragons was horrific. It’s little wonder Jones only made changes when he had to or when the game was gone. The one Merwe try sums it up (first, I think). Lewis Evans just on and ruck inspecting and then walking from a ruck. Henson putting an awful tackle attempt in and then being softly pulled out of the way.

There might’ve been a bit of good, but getting nilled second half is bad and some of the defence I saw was terrible for two of the tries. Even Jordan Williams should’ve clattered Merwe when Rosser part held him.

Still, Treviso away next. They did pretty well today, so that’s good news ha.

The tight five is what's horrific, Screech aside who is turning into a decent PrO'14 squad player. Not one dominant carry and ten tackles missed by Hibbard and the power lifter's boy alone.  We field an all out attack back line and back row who can run the ball with the best of them, and they end up doing extra tackle practice all game, badly in the case of the backs. I know there's no alternatives but at least sh7t can the complete passengers out of that front five and play the only centre who can tackle and carry FFS
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Agreed totally.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:36 am

Benetton: L Sperandio, R Tavuvara, T Benvenuti, A Sgarbi (captain), M Ioane, A Rizzi, D Duvenage, D Appiah, T Baravalle, M Riccioni, I Herbst, N Cannone, M Lazzaroni, G Pettinelli, T Halafihi. Replacements: E Makelara, A De Marchi, G Di Stefano, R Barbieri, M Barbini, G Brozini, M Zanon, T Iannone.​

Dragons: Z Kirchner, J Rosser, T Morgan, J Dixon, W Talbot-Davies, J Tovey, R Williams, B Harris, R Hibbard (captain), L Fairbrother, L Evans, M Screech, H Keddie, O Griffiths, J Benjamin. Replacements: R Lawrence, R Fawcett, D Suter, J Davies, T Basham, R Davies, J Lewis, A Warren.

Referee: Quinton Immelman (South Africa)

There we go. Look forward to watching this on S Pedwar

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:18 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Benetton: L Sperandio, R Tavuvara, T Benvenuti, A Sgarbi (captain), M Ioane, A Rizzi, D Duvenage, D Appiah, T Baravalle, M Riccioni, I Herbst, N Cannone, M Lazzaroni, G Pettinelli, T Halafihi. Replacements: E Makelara, A De Marchi, G Di Stefano, R Barbieri, M Barbini, G Brozini, M Zanon, T Iannone.​

Dragons: Z Kirchner, J Rosser, T Morgan, J Dixon, W Talbot-Davies, J Tovey, R Williams, B Harris, R Hibbard (captain), L Fairbrother, L Evans, M Screech, H Keddie, O Griffiths, J Benjamin. Replacements: R Lawrence, R Fawcett, D Suter, J Davies, T Basham, R Davies, J Lewis, A Warren.

Ouch. Benetton had what, 15 players away with Italy? Either their squad depth is seriously good, or are Dragons that bad? Or was there something else?

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 am

demosthenes wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Benetton: L Sperandio, R Tavuvara, T Benvenuti, A Sgarbi (captain), M Ioane, A Rizzi, D Duvenage, D Appiah, T Baravalle, M Riccioni, I Herbst, N Cannone, M Lazzaroni, G Pettinelli, T Halafihi. Replacements: E Makelara, A De Marchi, G Di Stefano, R Barbieri, M Barbini, G Brozini, M Zanon, T Iannone.​

Ouch.  Benetton had what, 15 players away with Italy?  Either their squad depth is seriously good, or are Dragons that bad?  Or was there something else?

I think the news that the Dragons are going to be demoted/closed down/merged, or whatever, has perhaps got to the players.

Seriously, I’ve had a complete guts full. I pretty much do not care if they close us down now. F*** it. There’s just no enjoyment supporting such a shower of s***. I don’t think of myself as a glory supporter, but I’m ready to chuck it in now. I’ve stuck with them since inception and supported Newport RFC (still do) before regional rugby through the ups and downs. But currently it’s just all lows and I can’t see any point in the Dragons as a side!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 am

The Oracle wrote:
demosthenes wrote:

Ouch.  Benetton had what, 15 players away with Italy?  Either their squad depth is seriously good, or are Dragons that bad?  Or was there something else?

I think the news that the Dragons are going to be demoted/closed down/merged, or whatever, has perhaps got to the players.

Seriously, I’ve had a complete guts full. I pretty much do not care if they close us down now. F*** it. There’s just no enjoyment supporting such a shower of s***. I don’t think of myself as a glory supporter, but I’m ready to chuck it in now. I’ve stuck with them since inception and supported Newport RFC (still do) before regional rugby through the ups and downs. But currently it’s just all lows and I can’t see any point in the Dragons as a side!

Word. It'll affect our lot worse because a large number of them wouldn't get a professional contract with any other team.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:14 pm

Certainly looks like Jackman wasn’t the problem. Or the main problem.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Certainly looks like Jackman wasn’t the problem.  Or the main problem.  

Perhaps not. And the players say he created a good structure and environment. But I think he fell down on his ‘judge me on next season’ line which he used in his first season. And then this season was a flop and he was judged as instructed. It seems strange that the inexperienced coach Ceri Jones seemed to get better performances and close losses (if that’s a thing to celebrate) out of the team immediately after Jackman left (the Benetton and Clermont games aside). So I think Jackman must have been part for the problem in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:15 am

Well, it could be argued he is/was the problem, seeing as this is his squad too.

Be interested to see what happens tomorrow, with the probable reset announcement. Saturday didn't come at a good time, when players like Hewitt and Amos (though if rumours are believed, he has already signed at Cardiff Blues) are trying to be re-signed. I look forward to a week of big talk in the Argus about how we are working hard to fix things before Ulster on Sunday.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:39 pm

It’ll be more of the same (which has been the case for years) unless significant investment into a playing squad and proven coaching team goes ahead. A year or two ago would have been a good time given how we were bringing through academy players who could step up to international rugby. I think it’s in Welsh rugby’s best interests to have four strong teams but people seem to be convinced that one of us is getting the chop. If it’s us then it must have been the intention all along. It’s the WRU who have run this region into the ground from day 1; welsh rugby at this level is probably a decade behind what we’re now seeing in England, Ireland, France and now Scotland. That’s the union for you but it’s not like the private investors and each team’s director board has done even a half-decent job either.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Old ish news but the outstanding Griffiths is out for the season, so we’re now without 3 open-sides. Who’s the next one coming through? Assume Benjamin is the stop-gap.

Amos to Blues picking up a bit of momentum again, they’re also linked with Adams from Wuss. They’re gathering strength in depth except it’s in the back 3 - the options they have available there are already pretty good. It’s the front 5 where you need depth, John, because Dacey and Turnbull are still in your best lineup somehow (they’ve also been linked with Scott Baldwin...).

No positive news for us regarding signings or the future, as far as I can tell - can anyone weigh in?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Benjamin is injured too, so it’s Basham at 7 probably. Backrow is probably Keddie, Basham and Greggains, unless Lewis Evans is over his calf trouble and he might go back there (though he is more likely to be lock or lock cover, I reckon). Perhaps we might see the lesser spotted Huw Taylor too? I had kind of forgotten about him until I read the Argus article.

There won’t be any signings (I think). Our money will likely be spent on trying to retain players and possibly appointing a new head coach (plus maybe other specialists too).

No news. It has been mentioned that there’s supposed to be “radio silence” about it, which is maybe why Buttress has not said anything, other than to apparently diffuse the rumour that any income off the cabbage patch development pipe dream, would have to be split between the other pro teams. Robin Davey seems very confident we won’t be culled/moved, which was pretty tasteless the way he was going on about it, when there is a few people annoyed by the talk of Ospreys being the one to become North Wales goldmine RFC.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:22 pm

Blues have snapped up Josh Adams, which we knew was going to happen; does this mean they’re still in the hunt for Amos?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:07 am

Right so now Reset is sorted and the O's have found a couple of quid down the back of the chair, who do we want to see tied up?

Looks like Amos is off, fantastic player and all the best to him but not really value for money especially in a squad with such a dire forward pack. Rather we tied up Rosser and Hewitt and spend some on the tight five.

Got to tie up Cory Hill and Dee if they're out of contract. Little bit contradictory but they're in the 23 for Wales and good marketing value as well as good players.

Think there will be some fall out from the South East Lanelli Ospreys brush with the reaper, but I'd hate to see us taking any of heir cast off pack of sub par blindsides.
Tighthead depends on whether Leon Brown is looking like living up to his promise I guess. Fair brother and Brok looking more like liabilities every time I've seen them this season.

If we manage to dig up an 'orrible second row and/or competent loosehead from somewhere I may spontaneously combust. Or if we sign any more back rowers, for different reasons.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Blues have snapped up Josh Adams, which we knew was going to happen; does this mean they’re still in the hunt for Amos?

That move was agreed a long time ago.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 pm

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/17518756.new-dragons-deals-for-evans-and-screech/

Looks like we can forget my 'orrible second row ambitions. As you were.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:46 pm

Amos now confirmed too, can't blame him for moving on, but from one mediocre team to a slightly less mediocre team... not sure why unless there was a lot of money involved.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Amos now confirmed too, can't blame him for moving on, but from one mediocre team to a slightly less mediocre team... not sure why unless there was a lot of money involved.

Banding prevents this.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:14 am

Dragons: J Williams, J Rosser, T Morgan, J Sage, H Amos, J Tovey, R Williams, B Harris, R Hibbard (captain), L Brown, M Williams, M Screech, A Wainwright, T Basham, R Moriarty. Replacements: R Lawrence, J Reynolds, L Fairbrother, J Davies, L Greggains, T Knoyle, J Lewis, D Howells.

Strange to see Tovey starting. In fact, there's not really any continuity in the backs with Morgan coming in too and Rosser. What do I know though ha. Hopefully the backrow can do a bit against Tipuric etc.

Surely Tovey must pass 1000 points this weekend though.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 am

Ospreys: D Evans, H Dirksen, C Allen, O Watkin, K Giles, L Price, A Davies, N Smith, S Baldwin, T Botha, A Beard, B Davies, O Cracknell, J Tipuric (captain), J King. Replacements: S Otten, J Lay, M Fia, L Ashley, S Cross, M Aubrey, S Davies, L Morgan.​

Referee - Showtime.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 am

It would be good to see Amos add to try tally before he leaves. Or to his try assists, I'm not fussy!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:02 am

Chuck in a few DGs too. We need all the help we can get Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:20 am

RiscaGame wrote:Dragons: J Williams, J Rosser, T Morgan, J Sage, H Amos, J Tovey, R Williams, B Harris, R Hibbard (captain), L Brown, M Williams, M Screech, A Wainwright, T Basham, R Moriarty. Replacements: R Lawrence, J Reynolds, L Fairbrother, J Davies, L Greggains, T Knoyle, J Lewis, D Howells.

Strange to see Tovey starting. In fact, there's not really any continuity in the backs with Morgan coming in too and Rosser. What do I know though ha. Hopefully the backrow can do a bit against Tipuric etc.

Surely Tovey must pass 1000 points this weekend though.

Loving that back row. Those seconds though...at least we've ditched the non-tackling powerlifter's son though...oh no there he is stinking up the bench.

Don't know which is more likely an Os victory or a tirade of BS from Merthyr Andy conflating the result with his view on 'which team the WRU should shut down'
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 am

It's not a great bench in general. I suspect he will have Josh Lewis on pretty early, as he likes to make a change at ten early doors. Other than that, there's not too much to get excited about (although I don't mind Howells).

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 am

RiscaGame wrote:It's not a great bench in general. I suspect he will have Josh Lewis on pretty early, as he likes to make a change at ten early doors. Other than that, there's not too much to get excited about (although I don't mind Howells).

There's is pretty semi pro too mind. You can see why the WRU want 2+2, there's just not enough pro standard players.

Out of them backs I'd only have Watkin over Sage, though I'd swap Giles for Williams and chuck the Blue to full back
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 pm

You could almost make a half half split for a joint team, as a whole. I see your point about their bench not being amazing. Probably look alright against us though, when the wheels come off.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:58 pm

RiscaGame wrote:You could almost make a half half split for a joint team, as a whole. I see your point about their bench not being amazing. Probably look alright against us though, when the wheels come off.

Thought the same. That front five could dish out a beat down on ours though, so it depends how long Hibbard, Wainwright, Moriarty and Basham are up for tackling everything before we start making their mediocre backs look good.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:00 pm

There's a player I'd be up for poaching. Rhodri Jones on the loosehead.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:47 am

Loosehead only definitely.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Can't fault the effort there, but totally fair result (BP for them and nothing for us).

Jarryd Sage didn't impress me defensively again. Neither did Jordan Williams really.

Glad Tovey has his 1000 finally. Basham looked decent. Rhodri didn't do badly, neither did Moriarty and Wainwright. Disappointing for Tyler Morgan to get a knock again.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:39 pm

It was like watching two bald men fight over a comb. Both teams need new coaches for next season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Christ, Showtime had to be helped out a lot today too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:47 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Can't fault the effort there, but totally fair result (BP for them and nothing for us).

Jarryd Sage didn't impress me defensively again. Neither did Jordan Williams really.

Glad Tovey has his 1000 finally. Basham looked decent. Rhodri didn't do badly, neither did Moriarty and Wainwright. Disappointing for Tyler Morgan to get a knock again.

What was I saying about that front five beating ours up and making their pedestrian backs look good Rolling Eyes we came out with a decent plan that almost worked in fairness, pressuring their bumbling 9 and 10 into throwing interceptions. Good coaching to identify it, but does kind of illustrate how shorn of ability we are in attack. Some real semi pro dross on show today for both sides.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next