Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Sun 30 Dec 2018, 11:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

RiscaGame wrote:A good win for Dragons. Wonder if George North might get banned this week for more shethousery. Guy is turning into a dirty get down there.

Wasn’t too convinced by the subs we made, but they turned out to be wise choices. That includes Tovey steadying the ship and kicking the winner and surprisingly Suter being solid in the scrum.
It's an amazing win given the Ospreys dominance. If they'd have made the right calls our luck would have run out I think.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down


Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame on Sat 23 Mar 2019, 8:58 pm

Yeah, that’s fair. I can’t wait to see who we have as head coach, as Barry Maddocks has to be a bit on borrowed time too. I know we are generally playing off back foot in effect, but we are so blunt.

Seeing the Conference table after was hard reading. Double the wins of the Kings, but they at least pick up various bonus points. We haven’t had one. That’s not good enough. At the very least we should’ve got one at home v Kings and definitely at home v Edinburgh B/C.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3109
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 7:22 pm

Is Rhodri Jones out of contract then? We do need a loosehead... but he seems quite often to be injured. As for lock options, I guess we'll be persisting with Hill, Nansen and Screech; Davies and Williams look too soft for this level so not a great fallback there. Brok Harris might get a one year deal at least... and hooker behind Dee, including Hibbard all look like terrible options.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 9:27 am

The total announced attendance for the Dragons last season was 101,756

This year so far it is 60,020

Therefore, if judgement day is a sell out, the Dragons could get to 96,020.

Whichever way you look at it, the crowds are down at the Dragons to 2016-17 levels and miles off previous peaks

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.com/analysis/club_attendances.php?seasonID=24&clubID=20

PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 9:38 am

PhilBB wrote:The total announced attendance for the Dragons last season was 101,756

This year so far it is 60,020

Therefore, if judgement day is a sell out, the Dragons could get to 96,020.

Whichever way you look at it, the crowds are down at the Dragons to 2016-17 levels and miles off previous peaks

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.com/analysis/club_attendances.php?seasonID=24&clubID=20

Have you noticed the rugby product is a little shabby these days?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 9:39 am

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:The total announced attendance for the Dragons last season was 101,756

This year so far it is 60,020

Therefore, if judgement day is a sell out, the Dragons could get to 96,020.

Whichever way you look at it, the crowds are down at the Dragons to 2016-17 levels and miles off previous peaks

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.com/analysis/club_attendances.php?seasonID=24&clubID=20

Have you noticed the rugby product is a little shabby these days?

It's just as shabby as it was before. Buttress promised improvements..... he hasn't delivered anything other than vastly inflated claimed attendance figures.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 10:09 am

PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:The total announced attendance for the Dragons last season was 101,756

This year so far it is 60,020

Therefore, if judgement day is a sell out, the Dragons could get to 96,020.

Whichever way you look at it, the crowds are down at the Dragons to 2016-17 levels and miles off previous peaks

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.com/analysis/club_attendances.php?seasonID=24&clubID=20

Have you noticed the rugby product is a little shabby these days?

It's just as shabby as it was before. Buttress promised improvements..... he hasn't delivered anything other than vastly inflated claimed attendance figures.

It isn't though,it's not as if we were perennially the worst team in the league was it?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 10:31 am

Isn't that with one less home game for us though? I am sure we would be under still, but not as much.

Not that it really matters anyway. I am sure a drop in attendances won't mean anything to Dai and his hotel dream.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3109
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 1:41 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

It isn't though,it's not as if we were perennially the worst team in the league was it?

The Dragons have won 4 league games this season. Last season they won 2. They need one more point to equal last season's points total.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 2:15 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

It isn't though,it's not as if we were perennially the worst team in the league was it?

The Dragons have won 4 league games this season. Last season they won 2. They need one more point to equal last season's points total.

Righto, when you said miles off previous peaks I assumed we were talking about the entirety of the Dragons existence.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 2:16 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

It isn't though,it's not as if we were perennially the worst team in the league was it?

The Dragons have won 4 league games this season. Last season they won 2. They need one more point to equal last season's points total.

Righto, when you said miles off previous peaks I assumed we were talking about the entirety of the Dragons existence.

Sorry, poor choice of wording from me.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 28 Mar 2019, 8:31 pm

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/17535281.new-dragons-deal-for-rock-warren/

Now that's a good bit of news. Interesting Sage, Fairbrother, Cudd and Harris along with Hewitt out of contract. Sage I can't see the point of keeping, Hewitt definitely, Brok possibly, Cudd is an impossible decision head v heart, and Fairbrother (amusingly my phone wants to correct that to Grandmother) might be worth keeping if he's cheap.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 28 Mar 2019, 10:19 pm

Warren is definitely one of our best midfielders, probably the best. I would keep hold of Harris, Fairbrother and Hewitt. I'd be willing to let the rest go if it means we can recruit a good LH. I would like to see others lets go like Huw Taylor, among some of the other strange signings by Jackman.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 28 Mar 2019, 11:08 pm

Sadly, I think whilst we should look after Cudd, I wouldn’t keep him. We need to keep bringing on Basham and players like that we have coming through. Would get rid of Sage too, but I feel like they won’t because the current coaches love him for some reason.

Warren is a good re-signing for us. It was interesting to see Ceri Jones praise him so highly, when he hasn’t been selecting him for the past couple of games at centre.

As I said on the rumours page, it would seem Arwel Robson is off, so I guess we might offer Tovey another year and continue this silly chase of Sam Davies.


Last edited by RiscaGame on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

RiscaGame

Posts : 3109
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 7:28 am

RiscaGame wrote:Sadly, I think whilst we should look after Cudd, I wouldn’t keep him. We need to keep bringing on Basham and players like that we have coming through. Would get rid of Sage too, but I feel like they won’t because the current coaches love him for some reason.

Warren is a good re-signing for us. It was interesting to see Ceri Jones praise him so highly, when he hasn’t been selecting him for the past couple of games at centre.

As I said on the rumours page, it would seems Arwel Robson is off, so I guess we might offer Tovey another year and continue this silly chase of Sam Davies.

Yeah it depends where Ollie Griffiths plays next year I guess. He has a long wait for more Welsh caps at 7 but watching Navidi buzz about for Wales think he could be a blindside in that mould. We've broke the bank for Moriarty though and Wainwright is going to be Wales best forward within the next three years. I can see them keeping Cudd and letting Benjamin go but whoever leaves it's harsh. One thing is certain we better not be signing any more back rowers.

Sam Davies isn't a bad player but a 'controlling influence', behind our pack? I'd rather get Owen Williams from Glos if he'll take a pay cut.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 8:29 am

I like Benjamin, but he is clearly behind Cudd in the pecking order so that's likely.

Those are my thoughts on Davies really.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3109
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 8:51 am

Davies is likely to go to England if he doesn't stay at the Os, with Owen Williams potentially going the other way.

The Dragons will struggle to get a decent ten, for obvious reasons.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 8:56 am

Are there rumours of a likely destination for Davies?

I'd have thought Gloucester would go for somebody like that, rather than Robson (apparently).

RiscaGame

Posts : 3109
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 11:38 am

PhilBB wrote:Davies is likely to go to England if he doesn't stay at the Os, with Owen Williams potentially going the other way.

The Dragons will struggle to get a decent ten, for obvious reasons.

If we can achieve a more effective tight five and our nine carries in his form I think Lewis or Tovey can do a job
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 5:50 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47772769

Managing director steps down, not sure what he was doing anyway but okay.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47778235

Sam Davies rumour is true, but hopefully nothing comes of it. It's like these people don't watch rugby.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 5:55 pm

Sam Davies will still have ambitions of playing Test rugby. I don't know how the hell you convince him that he's more likely to achieve that playing for the Dragons than he is playing for the Ospreys.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23829
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 41
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 6:42 pm

Buttress is quite the salesman mind. He managed to get people to renew season tickets this season, after our worst ever season the one before Wink

RiscaGame

Posts : 3109
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Sam Davies will still have ambitions of playing Test rugby. I don't know how the hell you convince him that he's more likely to achieve that playing for the Dragons than he is playing for the Ospreys.
If the Ospreys sign Owen Williams job done.

Sam's a good player. Him and Josh Lewis would be better than what we have currently.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 9:11 pm

Funny how some casual fans react to this type of news. They see a crap player with a handful of caps possibly coming our way and they're jumping for joy (like Knoyle all over again). Ospreys are dross right now and part of the reason for that is their semi-pro halfback pair of Davies and Davies. It's not worth anyone renewing their season ticket if the only squad investment is other teams garbage, we've had enough years of that. I doubt I'd go back down there to watch a game and would advise that none of you lot do either.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Wed 03 Apr 2019, 10:08 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Funny how some casual fans react to this type of news. They see a crap player with a handful of caps possibly coming our way and they're jumping for joy (like Knoyle all over again). Ospreys are dross right now and part of the reason for that is their semi-pro halfback pair of Davies and Davies. It's not worth anyone renewing their season ticket if the only squad investment is other teams garbage, we've had enough years of that. I doubt I'd go back down there to watch a game and would advise that none of you lot do either.

That "semi pro halfback pair" includes Grand Slam winner Aled Davies, folks.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 03 Apr 2019, 12:46 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Funny how some casual fans react to this type of news. They see a crap player with a handful of caps possibly coming our way and they're jumping for joy (like Knoyle all over again). Ospreys are dross right now and part of the reason for that is their semi-pro halfback pair of Davies and Davies. It's not worth anyone renewing their season ticket if the only squad investment is other teams garbage, we've had enough years of that. I doubt I'd go back down there to watch a game and would advise that none of you lot do either.

That "semi pro halfback pair" includes Grand Slam winner Aled Davies, folks.

You need to.understand Mikey's player evaluation banding system.

Lions tour/6N player of the series - Great

Everyone else - sh3t

Relative ability, cost, squad depth, and availability are not factors in this analysis

Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Wed 03 Apr 2019, 1:33 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Funny how some casual fans react to this type of news. They see a crap player with a handful of caps possibly coming our way and they're jumping for joy (like Knoyle all over again). Ospreys are dross right now and part of the reason for that is their semi-pro halfback pair of Davies and Davies. It's not worth anyone renewing their season ticket if the only squad investment is other teams garbage, we've had enough years of that. I doubt I'd go back down there to watch a game and would advise that none of you lot do either.

That "semi pro halfback pair" includes Grand Slam winner Aled Davies, folks.

You need to.understand Mikey's player evaluation banding system.

Lions tour/6N player of the series - Great

Everyone else - sh3t

Relative ability, cost, squad depth, and availability are not factors in this analysis


I think that you're being polite by using the word "analysis". Today I read his claim that Anscombe has a poor kicking game.

It's clear that rugby isn't for Mikey.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 4:25 am

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Funny how some casual fans react to this type of news. They see a crap player with a handful of caps possibly coming our way and they're jumping for joy (like Knoyle all over again). Ospreys are dross right now and part of the reason for that is their semi-pro halfback pair of Davies and Davies. It's not worth anyone renewing their season ticket if the only squad investment is other teams garbage, we've had enough years of that. I doubt I'd go back down there to watch a game and would advise that none of you lot do either.

That "semi pro halfback pair" includes Grand Slam winner Aled Davies, folks.

You need to.understand Mikey's player evaluation banding system.

Lions tour/6N player of the series - Great

Everyone else - sh3t

Relative ability, cost, squad depth, and availability are not factors in this analysis


Full of BS as per.

Aled Davies is amazing because he single-handedly won a grand slam, oh dear Aled Davies. Phil’s logic; “Saracens only put 60 on Cardiff. This is where we are due to our budget. Cardiff are punching well above their weight” type logic.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 4:26 am

PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Funny how some casual fans react to this type of news. They see a crap player with a handful of caps possibly coming our way and they're jumping for joy (like Knoyle all over again). Ospreys are dross right now and part of the reason for that is their semi-pro halfback pair of Davies and Davies. It's not worth anyone renewing their season ticket if the only squad investment is other teams garbage, we've had enough years of that. I doubt I'd go back down there to watch a game and would advise that none of you lot do either.

That "semi pro halfback pair" includes Grand Slam winner Aled Davies, folks.

You need to.understand Mikey's player evaluation banding system.

Lions tour/6N player of the series - Great

Everyone else - sh3t

Relative ability, cost, squad depth, and availability are not factors in this analysis


I think that you're being polite by using the word "analysis". Today I read his claim that Anscombe has a poor kicking game.

It's clear that rugby isn't for Mikey.

Where did you read that?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 10:01 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Full of BS as per.

Aled Davies is amazing because he single-handedly won a grand slam, oh dear Aled Davies. Phil’s logic; “Saracens only put 60 on Cardiff. This is where we are due to our budget. Cardiff are punching well above their weight” type logic.

Nobody wrote "single-handedly". How dim.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 10:02 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Where did you read that?

http://www.606v2.com/t68211p150-wales-finally-have-strength-in-depth-so-who-actually-starts-at-the-rwc#3789124

I'm guessing by your posting hours that you don't live in the UK.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 2:05 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Where did you read that?

http://www.606v2.com/t68211p150-wales-finally-have-strength-in-depth-so-who-actually-starts-at-the-rwc#3789124

I'm guessing by your posting hours that you don't live in the UK.
I'm guessing by his posting content he doesn't live on planet earth
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 2:07 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Where did you read that?

http://www.606v2.com/t68211p150-wales-finally-have-strength-in-depth-so-who-actually-starts-at-the-rwc#3789124

I'm guessing by your posting hours that you don't live in the UK.
I'm guessing by his posting content he doesn't live on planet earth

Fair point.

Accurate.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 4:47 pm

Oh dear, Stone and Phil going down on each other makes for painful reading.

I can’t remember what I was referring to with Anscombe, but he kicked poorly agasint France and England. Yes Phil we know you can’t handle constructive criticism of any Cardiff player because you think the universe starts and ends at Cardiff.

Bringing up that Aled Davies is a grand slam winner is like saying Josh Turnbull is a grand slam winner. Aled is that bad he makes Lloyd Williams look good. No to Sam Davies for me too, similar limitations to AOB except slightly worse.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 4:48 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Full of BS as per.

Aled Davies is amazing because he single-handedly won a grand slam, oh dear Aled Davies. Phil’s logic; “Saracens only put 60 on Cardiff. This is where we are due to our budget. Cardiff are punching well above their weight” type logic.

Nobody wrote "single-handedly". How dim.

So what was your point as I must have missed it?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 11:43 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Full of BS as per.

Aled Davies is amazing because he single-handedly won a grand slam, oh dear Aled Davies. Phil’s logic; “Saracens only put 60 on Cardiff. This is where we are due to our budget. Cardiff are punching well above their weight” type logic.

Nobody wrote "single-handedly". How dim.

So what was your point as I must have missed it?

You miss so much.

The point is that he's a little better than "semi pro standard".
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by PhilBB on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 11:45 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Oh dear, Stone and Phil going down on each other makes for painful reading.

I can’t remember what I was referring to with Anscombe, but he kicked poorly agasint France and England. Yes Phil we know you can’t handle constructive criticism of any Cardiff player because you think the universe starts and ends at Cardiff.

Bringing up that Aled Davies is a grand slam winner is like saying Josh Turnbull is a grand slam winner. Aled is that bad he makes Lloyd Williams look good. No to Sam Davies for me too, similar limitations to AOB except slightly worse.

Going down on each other? What a charmless, thick individual you are.

Josh Turnbull played 0 minutes in this Grand Slam victory. Aled Davies actually got on to the field. Hence your analogy is completely false.

Nothing you write has any basis in fact, truth or accuracy.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 12:43 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Oh dear, Stone and Phil going down on each other makes for painful reading.

I can’t remember what I was referring to with Anscombe, but he kicked poorly agasint France and England. Yes Phil we know you can’t handle constructive criticism of any Cardiff player because you think the universe starts and ends at Cardiff.

Bringing up that Aled Davies is a grand slam winner is like saying Josh Turnbull is a grand slam winner. Aled is that bad he makes Lloyd Williams look good. No to Sam Davies for me too, similar limitations to AOB except slightly worse.

Going down on each other? What a charmless, thick individual you are.

Josh Turnbull played 0 minutes in this Grand Slam victory. Aled Davies actually got on to the field. Hence your analogy is completely false.

Nothing you write has any basis in fact, truth or accuracy.

Mikey has the sole honour of writing stuff so dumb he is the only person I've ever had to put on ignore. There's a genuine danger of becoming more stupid by even glancing at one of his posts.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 8:54 pm

Nothing is false about me saying that both the Davies’ play at a semi-pro intensity, I’ve always been firm on my point of view regarding that matter. This year I had a bunch of people agree with me after Aled’s cameo appearances and of course his disaster game against Italy. It’s also my right to say that I don’t want any more of these type players at my team.

Would love to bump into Stone on a Saturday night at Wetherspoons on Cambrian road, I wonder what he’d say. Not much I bet. Probably the type of overweight guy to get drunk and pick on the smaller, quieter guys minding their own business; those guys are usually the trained fighters Stone, just a bit of friendly advice for when you visit one of the UKs roughtest streets Wink.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 8:58 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Full of BS as per.

Aled Davies is amazing because he single-handedly won a grand slam, oh dear Aled Davies. Phil’s logic; “Saracens only put 60 on Cardiff. This is where we are due to our budget. Cardiff are punching well above their weight” type logic.

Nobody wrote "single-handedly". How dim.

So what was your point as I must have missed it?

You miss so much.

The point is that he's a little better than "semi pro standard".

Which would be a fair argument, but one a lot of people wouldn’t agree with. He doesn’t play at the level required for first team rugby at Ospreys; he should be third choice at best and that’s being generous.

Anyway at least you were able to post with resorting to scummy lies again. Well done.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by The Oracle on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 10:26 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Full of BS as per.

Aled Davies is amazing because he single-handedly won a grand slam, oh dear Aled Davies. Phil’s logic; “Saracens only put 60 on Cardiff. This is where we are due to our budget. Cardiff are punching well above their weight” type logic.

Nobody wrote "single-handedly". How dim.

So what was your point as I must have missed it?

You miss so much.

The point is that he's a little better than "semi pro standard".

Which would be a fair argument, but one a lot of people wouldn’t agree with. He doesn’t play at the level required for first team rugby at Ospreys; he should be third choice at best and that’s being generous.

Anyway at least you were able to post with resorting to scummy lies again. Well done.


Oh dear picard
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2649
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 06 Apr 2019, 4:41 pm

Lol anyone watching Cheetahs v Ospreys, Aled Davies has been absolutely shocking, like he is most days.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by The Oracle on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 10:50 am

What chance a 50 point drubbing today! Quite likely I’d say. Especially as some media outlets are talking up our chances of finally getting the 4 year away losing streak off our backs.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2649
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 10:59 am

The Oracle wrote:What chance a 50 point drubbing today! Quite likely I’d say. Especially as some media outlets are talking up our chances of finally getting the 4 year away losing streak off our backs.

Fairly likely.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 5:59 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
The Oracle wrote:What chance a 50 point drubbing today! Quite likely I’d say. Especially as some media outlets are talking up our chances of finally getting the 4 year away losing streak off our backs.

Fairly likely.
Or not. Andy Howellais must have been on his vinegar strokes there
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by The Oracle on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 6:33 pm

Pleasantly surprised at a draw. Although that in itself shows how far we/I have fallen. Happy with a draw to the (only just) worst team in the league Sad
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2649
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 6:37 pm

Sounded a classic ha. Unfortunately, due to WiFi issues I had to miss it.
I will look for the highlights when I’m back online properly. I gather we were hard done by with the forward pass and the foul on Jordan Williams.

RiscaGame

Posts : 3109
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 7:31 pm

A WOL article popped up on my newsfeed and apparently Dragons have narrowed the coaching pool to four candidates. Graham Rowntree was mentioned.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by miaow on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 7:41 pm

If 2 more SA'n franchises do leave Super Rugby and join the Pro16 it seems reasonable that Cheetahs and Kings will improve. Treviso are now finally recovering from the mess that was the 2013 European restructuring, and becoming the team they always threatened to be. That really leaves Dragons and Zebre scrapping it out to justify their place in the league.

Have to get a Cockerill type figure in there just to establish a sense of 'identity'. And not in the boardroom presentation type of way. As in something the players believe in every time they train and play.

I look at the Dragons team and it's really not that bad. There are some decent players in there and, with 1 or 2 better acquisitions than they've gone for (too much of a retirement home) they could easily be at Connacht's level. But just like with the other regions, less so the Blues this year, if the personnel aren't well-guided, the team will keep losing.

A draw out in South Africa isn't shameful, but it's still a fairly poor result. Talking of semi-pro level many of those South African players wouldn't really get much of a look in at a pro club in Europe.

miaow

Posts : 5014
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Stone Motif on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 7:44 pm

The Oracle wrote:Pleasantly surprised at a draw. Although that in itself shows how far we/I have fallen. Happy with a draw to the (only just) worst team in the league Sad

Progress of sorts I guess.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3036
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 8:02 pm

I haven't got around to watching it but apparently Moriarty looked disinterested again. It was the same for Bradley Davies yesterday, and he was pretty much a one-man team in the first half of Cheetahs vs Ospreys. If he's unhappy there we'd take him on right... But seriously if these guys aren't motivated to play then there's nobody to really go to when the chips are down.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9486
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum