The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Exeter

+7
Pot Hale
Cyril
Don Alfonso
SecretFly
formerly known as Sam
Yoda
Brendan
11 posters

Go down

Munster v Exeter Empty Munster v Exeter

Post by Brendan Sat 19 Jan 2019, 6:58 pm

For the classic that is arm wrestle

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Munster v Exeter Empty Re: Munster v Exeter

Post by Brendan Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm

Not the best of games

Exeter just don't seem to understand that they should take 3 pts. Sums up why they haven't performed. I understand they score lots of tries in the Premership but surely in Europe away from home you build your lead

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:10 pm

A few law clear ups for me, if two players tackle an attacker they both have to release? Surely its a jackle if the jackle has hands on ball not the body of tackled player. Do munster do this tactic a lot in the pro14? Also why is the ref letting Exeter role round the back of every munster maul? Exeter should kick their goals bloody stupid and the skipper should be all over the decisions.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:11 pm

Their insistence on backing their rolling maul is going to extreme lengths. Sure it saps the energy from the opposition defence but you have to get over the line more than the once if you're going to do that.

Disappointed by the Munster back line. They look turgid. I expected more having watched the game against Glaws last weekend.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:12 pm

Exeter kick to the corner and lose it, Munster get a pen and put themselves in the lead

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:18 pm

It's odd watching Garces ref. It's like the new tackle laws were never introduced.

An arm wrestle decided by Chiefs refusal to kick for goal. An odd one.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:19 pm

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I thought that was a wonderful game...the fury

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:20 pm

This is the most ludicrous commentary I think I've ever heard

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:25 pm

Can’t see beyond Sarries or Leinster this year. Same old.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:25 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:This is the most ludicrous commentary I think I've ever heard

That'd be Ugo Monye, he gets excited.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:25 pm

SecretFly wrote:I don't know what anyone else thinks but I thought that was a wonderful game...the fury

Agreed Fly - brilliant game to watch - brutal and uncompromising from both teams.

There should be an Anglo-Irish league ideally so we can have this all the time. Whistle
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:26 pm

Cyril wrote:Can’t see beyond Sarries or Leinster this year. Same old.

Like last year?

Who did you predict to make the quarters?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:27 pm

Well Exeter threw a rare win away there. Can't believe they didn't kick their penalties. I hope garces isn't reffing any six nation games allowed both sides to slow the game down. He stands there and doesn't communicate. A few quick whistles and pens for negative play then the game does quicker. I thought he was supposed to be good at scrums too but munster had a couple of shoves and got diddly squat? Personally nowell looks like a quality fullback hope Eddie was watching.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:28 pm

Fair play to Exeter for actuallly scoring a try because the game could have gone on for another 160 mins and there wouldn’t be another. Great game though

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:31 pm

Yoda wrote:Well Exeter threw a rare win away there. Can't believe they didn't kick their penalties. I hope garces isn't reffing any six nation games allowed both sides to slow the game down. He stands there and doesn't communicate. A few quick whistles and pens for negative play then the game does quicker. I thought he was supposed to be good at scrums too but munster had a couple of shoves and got diddly squat? Personally nowell looks like a quality fullback hope Eddie was watching.

Guess which game Garces has got in the first round?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:40 pm

Let me guess Ireland England? Oh boy Eddie better get the lads offloading then or rolling on contact. Mind you it was a total guess for every forward out there. The worst one was the penalty against pom for stealing a line out legitimately. Baffled me all night.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:53 pm

My favourite moment. Early in the first half the Exeter 9 goes to square up to POM.
The Exeter lads rush in.... To get the 9 away as soon as possible, not daring to make eye contact

Now I will admit maybe a little creative licence in the retelling of that , but it was a good old-fashioned smash fest wasn't it

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:55 pm

And how is Don Armand not in the England squad? He's the kind of blond you need in your pack

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:00 pm

It was like a rocky film in the last round all it needed was a great sound track. There will be some sore bodies tomorrow. My favourite was seeing cj stander running full pelt into armond who didn't flinch and they end up in a tangled heep on the floor. Like two rutting stags, I bet it sounded the same as well.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:05 pm

As for your question about armand and England, I think we are missing a trick here and probably only due to our strict selection policy on not picking oversees born players who have only reached eligible status due to redidency as its just not cricket. Whistle censored

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:07 pm

Yoda wrote:It was like a rocky film in the last round all it needed was a great sound track. There will be some sore bodies tomorrow. My favourite was seeing cj stander running full pelt into armond who didn't flinch and they end up in a tangled heep on the floor. Like two rutting stags, I bet it sounded the same as well.

Don is by far my favourite non Irish player. He just gives everything in every game.
And England back row of him Underhill and Graham would be an absolute nightmare to play against.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:08 pm

I think we are all glad that in both leagues we have a better team that scores tries.

Exeter need a strong leader rather than sheep who just follow the leader.  In the Prem do Exeter keep doing the kick to corner and then maul for tries or do they kick pens in tight games

Last edited by Brendan on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:22 pm

Brendan wrote:I think we are all glad that in both leagues we have a team that scores tries.

Exeter need a strong leader rather than sheep who just follow the leader.  In the Prem do Exeter keep doing the kick to corner and then maul for tries or due they kick pens in tight games

They used to kick for goal quite a bit initially and then they started mixing it up and then this season it's been full on no kicks until TBP. They tended to go to the corner last year but even more so this year.

Carpet Baboon, Graham isn't England eligible anymore he's transferred to Scotland. Wilson, Underhill, Vunipola would be my preference that'd have a good balance.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:29 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Brendan wrote:I think we are all glad that in both leagues we have a team that scores tries.

Exeter need a strong leader rather than sheep who just follow the leader.  In the Prem do Exeter keep doing the kick to corner and then maul for tries or due they kick pens in tight games

They used to kick for goal quite a bit initially and then they started mixing it up and then this season it's been full on no kicks until TBP. They tended to go to the corner last year but even more so this year.

Carpet Baboon, Graham isn't England eligible anymore he's transferred to Scotland. Wilson, Underhill, Vunipola would be my preference that'd have a good balance.

Your right I was thinking of Wilson

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:50 pm

Yep underhill armand and vunipola is some back row. I think armands ship has sailed unfortunately. Young pretenders like dombrant are more likely than him to feature for England. I was thinking the munster match was crying out for Wilson's skills on the floor. He's also a tough nugget.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:53 pm

Graham is still qualified for England i believe.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 19 Jan 2019, 9:10 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Graham is still qualified for England i believe.

Until next month.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 19 Jan 2019, 9:41 pm

If he gets picked. And to be fair so be it. Don't think he's worrying either first side.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:18 pm

Depends on the Hamish Watson injury I'd assume. If he's out then Graham might get his chance either at 7 or off the bench. He's aggression and combative so he'll fit right in with the Scotland backrow.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sun 20 Jan 2019, 1:44 pm

Watson is better than Graham overall as far as my limited game watching has shown. You can meet fire with fire easily enough but it's more difficult to match pure rugby talent and that annoying knack some spoilers (sorry flankers) have at getting their hands on your ball. That's why barclay and Watson together would have been deadly for Scotland. Still they've got a good enough pack to cause no end of trouble will be an interesting championship.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 20 Jan 2019, 1:52 pm

Hamish Watson is a cracking player but he went off with what looked like a broken hand yesterday so that might open the door for Graham.

In a time where gain line is everything and we'll drilled power teams can rumble on for long stretches scavengers are a must have for every pack. It's an area where Scotland slaughtered England in the 6N last season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 21 Jan 2019, 11:22 am

Its a travesty that Don Armand is not in the England squad.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down