Cardiff Blues thread

Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Eejit on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 5:28 pm

Surprised to see no Bloos thread on these boards so here we go. I try to take an interest in how Cardiff are doing as I've got family and friends down there so I'll do my best to contribute as best I can.

Blues Connacht kicked off about 10 minutes ago and its been all Cardiff so far.

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Eejit on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 5:49 pm

What a finish Owen Lane while Cardiff are still down to 13.

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Steffan on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 9:32 pm

Wow this thread is quiet. Funnily enough my nephew now plays for Cardiff Blues North Under 16s. They got a game tomorrow in fact (at Sardis Road for some reason). Not sure who against yet. Good luck to the lad but obviously I have no interest in attending a Cardiff game or seeing him in a Cardiff shirt

Steffan

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by RiscaGame on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:21 am

No interest, yet bumped a quiet thread up? Makes perfect sense.

No interest in a Cardiff game, yet a Cardiff City fan. Hmmmmmmmm

RiscaGame

Posts : 3088
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Steffan on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 3:30 am

RiscaGame wrote:No interest, yet bumped a quiet thread up? Makes perfect sense
I said no interest in attending tomorrow's game. Clearly you didn't read it properly

RiscaGame wrote:No interest in a Cardiff game, yet a Cardiff City fan. Hmmmmmmmm
Last time I checked...football and rugby were separate sports Very Happy

Steffan

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 11:51 am

Steffan wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:No interest, yet bumped a quiet thread up? Makes perfect sense
I said no interest in attending tomorrow's game. Clearly you didn't read it properly

RiscaGame wrote:No interest in a Cardiff game, yet a Cardiff City fan. Hmmmmmmmm
Last time I checked...football and rugby were separate sports Very Happy
This is true, in rugby Cardiff is packed with Welsh players and thus actually represent the community, whereas in football Cardiff have from what I can see 3 welsh players in the entire senior squad and an Asian owner; whom in 2012 changed the traditional colours and crest of the club to try market the club better to the Asian market. You can really see why people identify more with the football team Rolling Eyes

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Steffan on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 1:14 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Steffan wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:No interest, yet bumped a quiet thread up? Makes perfect sense
I said no interest in attending tomorrow's game. Clearly you didn't read it properly

RiscaGame wrote:No interest in a Cardiff game, yet a Cardiff City fan. Hmmmmmmmm
Last time I checked...football and rugby were separate sports Very Happy
This is true, in rugby Cardiff is packed with Welsh players and thus actually represent the community, whereas in football Cardiff have from what I can see 3 welsh players in the entire senior squad and an Asian owner; whom in 2012 changed the traditional colours and crest of the club to try market the club better to the Asian market. You can really see why people identify more with the football team Rolling Eyes
Yes. Cardiff rugby is packed with Welsh players. Not sure what you mean by "community" though

If by "community" you mean Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr and Powys then yes. But when your board of directors are still the only ones arrogant enough to keep a city/town in the name despite the fact the "region" is supposed to represent a wider area and the fans are arrogant enough to chant "CARDIFF" despite the fact the "region" is supposed to represent a wider area then it's no wonder people from the wider area don't wanna know about you team packed full of Welsh players

All you say about Cardiff City is true...but they get the crowds along with all the Welsh media interest. Must be doing something right Very Happy

Steffan

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 1:30 pm

Steffan wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Steffan wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:No interest, yet bumped a quiet thread up? Makes perfect sense
I said no interest in attending tomorrow's game. Clearly you didn't read it properly

RiscaGame wrote:No interest in a Cardiff game, yet a Cardiff City fan. Hmmmmmmmm
Last time I checked...football and rugby were separate sports Very Happy
This is true, in rugby Cardiff is packed with Welsh players and thus actually represent the community, whereas in football Cardiff have from what I can see 3 welsh players in the entire senior squad and an Asian owner; whom in 2012 changed the traditional colours and crest of the club to try market the club better to the Asian market. You can really see why people identify more with the football team Rolling Eyes
Yes. Cardiff rugby is packed with Welsh players. Not sure what you mean by "community" though

If by "community" you mean Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr and Powys then yes. But when your board of directors are still the only ones arrogant enough to keep a city/town in the name despite the fact the "region" is supposed to represent a wider area and the fans are arrogant enough to chant "CARDIFF" despite the fact the "region" is supposed to represent a wider area then it's no wonder people from the wider area don't wanna know about you team packed full of Welsh players

All you say about Cardiff City is true...but they get the crowds along with all the Welsh media interest. Must be doing something right Very Happy
Whatever about the wider area surely people from the city can identify easily with a team called the Cardiff blues especially given they can support a soulless football club that can rarely field a welsh player. Leinster for years had a problem with shacking off the Dublin only identity they had but through various projects they have expanded the fan base around the province. The blues do seem to be doing something similar.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Steffan on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:14 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:especially given they can support a soulless football club that can rarely field a welsh player
Aaaaaah...you're a football hater. I get it now. Most people I know say the atmosphere at Cardiff City games is amazing and that is coming from away supporters. One of the best family clubs in Britain and that's been voted every season. Look at the way the club has galvanised over the tragic events that have happened recently. It's made world news. Anything but soulless. You know all this anyway unless you have been living under a rock. As for rarely fielding a Welsh player...I'll let you in on a little secret...it's a global sport

So soulless:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sol-bamba-incredible-cardiff-city-15807092?fbclid=IwAR2-7fd7rczkUkia5ieba0bHpGUr-5ma3i_ACPkJhhmefzugtOQ3uKfi7HA

Steffan

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:30 pm

Steffan wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:especially given they can support a soulless football club that can rarely field a welsh player
Aaaaaah...you're a football hater. I get it now. Most people I know say the atmosphere at Cardiff City games is amazing and that is coming from away supporters. One of the best family clubs in Britain and that's been voted every season. Look at the way the club has galvanised over the tragic events that have happened recently. It's made world news. Anything but soulless. You know all this anyway unless you have been living under a rock. As for rarely fielding a Welsh player...I'll let you in on a little secret...it's a global sport
A football hater? far from it, in fact I'm probably one of the few here in Ireland that actually sees that there is a football world outside of the premier league and takes an interest other clubs and leagues around Europe, which is why I love the champions league... it's a chance to see smaller clubs compete against the big boys. If there was a club near me I would support them. I'm trying to figure out why welsh people can't identify with welsh clubs packed with welsh players from their communities but can identify with a club that changes its crest and colours to try to appeal to foreign supporters for a quick buck, hence soulless.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:41 pm

That tragic event really galvanized the football world Rolling Eyes

https://www.the42.ie/sala-payment-cardiff-nantes-4480533-Feb2019/

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Steffan on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:43 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:But can identify with a club that changes its crest and colours to try to appeal to foreign supporters for a quick buck, hence soulless.
Everyone I know was against the changing of the badge and colours. My father has supported Cardiff City since the late 50s and I've supported them since the early 90s so to associate us and all the other fans I know as part of the "soulless" is ridiculous when most of us supported the club long before Tan and Co were here

You seem to be lumbering long term fans in with the recent events of the people who forced unwanted change

Steffan

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Steffan on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:48 pm

Anyway this thread is about Cardiff Blues not Cardiff City. I wasn't the one who brought football onto this thread it was you and Risca Rev. I'm off to watch the England v France game. Have a nice day

Steffan

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:52 pm

Steffan wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:But can identify with a club that changes its crest and colours to try to appeal to foreign supporters for a quick buck, hence soulless.
Everyone I know was against the changing of the badge and colours. My father has supported Cardiff City since the late 50s and I've supported them since the early 90s so to associate us and all the other fans I know as part of the "soulless" is ridiculous when most of us supported the club long before Tan and Co were here

You seem to be lumbering long term fans in with the recent events of the people who forced unwanted change
This is the negative effect of money coming into the game and why fans of traditional great clubs clubs are happy to never be able compete with premier league money and for their fans to have the majority of ownership. I've seen people I know become completely disillusioned with the premier league and have started to support teams in the league of Ireland which really is unheard of where I'm from. I'm sure you're a passionate fan of the football team but there's no reason to put down the rugby team who have done incredibly well to win european cups despite the problems they face.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 9:09 am

There are some clueless people on here there really are.

Steff, I wouldn't bother mate. Somebody in a different country who thinks they know more about Welsh rugby than the people actually living here.

Also, there is nothing wrong with supporting both rugby and football. I will support, and follow any Welsh side or person in any sport. I do not hate any sport, I even enjoy going to watch Glamorgan play cricket if the mood takes me. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Posts : 13832
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 5:40 pm

LordDowlais wrote:There are some clueless people on here there really are.

Steff, I wouldn't bother mate. Somebody in a different country who thinks they know more about Welsh rugby than the people actually living here.

Also, there is nothing wrong with supporting both rugby and football. I will support, and follow any Welsh side or person in any sport. I do not hate any sport, I even enjoy going to watch Glamorgan play cricket if the mood takes me. Very Happy
Did you even read the entire thread? In fact no need to answer that, I know you didn't.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by The Oracle on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 7:08 pm

It’s a bit odd Steffan moaning about the Blues having Cardiff in the title, but then going on about Cardiff City. They also have Cardiff in the title but appeal massively to people from the valleys and surrounding areas. Just look at the growth of the ‘Valley Rams’ Cardiff City supporters club. So if Cardiff City football can appeal to people from outside the area then there’s no reason why Cardiff Blues can’t. Just support who you want, but don’t have a hissy fit about a club not changing its name just to suit you. Can’t please everyone.

Thing is though Steffan, you’re in a bit of a no win situation. You’ve check-mated yourself. If the Blues changed their name to something you were OK with, would you attend the Blues matches and support them? If the answer is yes then you seem a bit pathetic for staying away previously over a mere word in a club title. If the answer no then what the bl00dy hell are you complaining about?! I get a feeling there are thousands of the latter, those who will not attend even if they get their way. They’ll just find something else to moan about as an excuse for not attending, such as the Blues not putting on transport for them from door or door, or the fixtures not being at the right time or on the right day, or the prices being too high. Solve all of that and there would be something else to keep them away I’m sure. The colour of the kit maybe.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2624
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by BigGee on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 9:35 am


BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8526
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 10:01 am

The Oracle wrote:It’s a bit odd Steffan moaning about the Blues having Cardiff in the title, but then going on about Cardiff City. They also have Cardiff in the title but appeal massively to people from the valleys and surrounding areas. Just look at the growth of the ‘Valley Rams’ Cardiff City supporters club. So if Cardiff City football can appeal to people from outside the area then there’s no reason why Cardiff Blues can’t. Just support who you want, but don’t have a hissy fit about a club not changing its name just to suit you. Can’t please everyone.

Thing is though Steffan, you’re in a bit of a no win situation. You’ve check-mated yourself. If the Blues changed their name to something you were OK with, would you attend the Blues matches and support them? If the answer is yes then you seem a bit pathetic for staying away previously over a mere word in a club title. If the answer no then what the bl00dy hell are you complaining about?! I get a feeling there are thousands of the latter, those who will not attend even if they get their way. They’ll just find something else to moan about as an excuse for not attending, such as the Blues not putting on transport for them from door or door, or the fixtures not being at the right time or on the right day, or the prices being too high. Solve all of that and there would be something else to keep them away I’m sure. The colour of the kit maybe.

Why do you do it ?

Seriously, it's as if you want to please all the other nations fans on here, all the time. You know the score with Cardiff Blues. You know the situation.

The truth is, it's not all about people from the valleys not wanting to support Cardiff Blues, it's the fact, that the Cardiff Blues fan base, do not want anything to do with anybody outside of Cardiff either, and you can argue the fact over that all you like, I used to go down to Cardiff to watch the Blues more than any other team, it's them who gave me the nickname LordDowlais, just because I came from the valleys, but I drove a decent car amongst other things.

They openly admit it, they do not want anything to do with anything that is not Cardiff.

LordDowlais

Posts : 13832
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by RugbyFan100 on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:00 am

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:It’s a bit odd Steffan moaning about the Blues having Cardiff in the title, but then going on about Cardiff City. They also have Cardiff in the title but appeal massively to people from the valleys and surrounding areas. Just look at the growth of the ‘Valley Rams’ Cardiff City supporters club. So if Cardiff City football can appeal to people from outside the area then there’s no reason why Cardiff Blues can’t. Just support who you want, but don’t have a hissy fit about a club not changing its name just to suit you. Can’t please everyone.

Thing is though Steffan, you’re in a bit of a no win situation. You’ve check-mated yourself. If the Blues changed their name to something you were OK with, would you attend the Blues matches and support them? If the answer is yes then you seem a bit pathetic for staying away previously over a mere word in a club title. If the answer no then what the bl00dy hell are you complaining about?! I get a feeling there are thousands of the latter, those who will not attend even if they get their way. They’ll just find something else to moan about as an excuse for not attending, such as the Blues not putting on transport for them from door or door, or the fixtures not being at the right time or on the right day, or the prices being too high. Solve all of that and there would be something else to keep them away I’m sure. The colour of the kit maybe.

Why do you do it ?

Seriously, it's as if you want to please all the other nations fans on here, all the time. You know the score with Cardiff Blues. You know the situation.

The truth is, it's not all about people from the valleys not wanting to support Cardiff Blues, it's the fact, that the Cardiff Blues fan base, do not want anything to do with anybody outside of Cardiff either, and you can argue the fact over that all you like, I used to go down to Cardiff to watch the Blues more than any other team, it's them who gave me the nickname LordDowlais, just because I came from the valleys, but I drove a decent car amongst other things.

They openly admit it, they do not want anything to do with anything that is not Cardiff.

Why should they though? If someone from Hirwaun supports Cardiff Blues, then that is great. But there's no caveat anywhere that says people from Cardiff need to do all they can to make sure people from Hirwaun are supporting Cardiff Blues.

Pro rugby in Wales is nothing to do with lines on a map. This isn't Ireland. We have a different system. Our 4 sides are not representative sides. People can choose who they support. I live in Cardiff. I do not support Cardiff.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:06 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:Why should they though? If someone from Hirwaun supports Cardiff Blues, then that is great. But there's no caveat anywhere that says people from Cardiff need to do all they can to make sure people from Hirwaun are supporting Cardiff Blues.

Pro rugby in Wales is nothing to do with lines on a map. This isn't Ireland. We have a different system. Our 4 sides are not representative sides. People can choose who they support. I live in Cardiff. I do not support Cardiff.


I agree, but even when the fans look down their nose at you when they realise where you come from, it's no wonder they do not get much adulation from anybody north of Radyr.

They do not want people from outside of Cardiff, and the people outside of Cardiff, generally feel the same way back.

In fact, to bring the football back into this debate, Cardiff Blues could learn a hell of a lot from Cardiff City FC.


LordDowlais

Posts : 13832
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by RugbyFan100 on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:13 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Why should they though? If someone from Hirwaun supports Cardiff Blues, then that is great. But there's no caveat anywhere that says people from Cardiff need to do all they can to make sure people from Hirwaun are supporting Cardiff Blues.

Pro rugby in Wales is nothing to do with lines on a map. This isn't Ireland. We have a different system. Our 4 sides are not representative sides. People can choose who they support. I live in Cardiff. I do not support Cardiff.


I agree, but even when the fans look down their nose at you when they realise where you come from, it's no wonder they do not get much adulation from anybody north of Radyr.

They do not want people from outside of Cardiff, and the people outside of Cardiff, generally feel the same way back.

In fact, to bring the football back into this debate, Cardiff Blues could learn a hell of a lot from Cardiff City FC.


From what I see, that is not the case. You need to make a distinction here. Cardiff Blues supporters are happy for anyone in the world to become a Cardiff Blues supporter. They would surely welcome it. What they do not want, understandably, is anyone taking their heritage from them - i.e. - the name Cardiff. Playing in Blue and Black. And playing in the centre of the city.

That's a fairly simple concept, and one which is understandable.

I'd also say that Cardiff City is not really comparable. Currently it's the only Premiership football club in a huge square mile radius of south wales and the west. A huge selling point. That's not the same with pro rugby, South Wales, and the choices people can make.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 10:41 am

Steffan wrote:
Yes. Cardiff rugby is packed with Welsh players. Not sure what you mean by "community" though

If by "community" you mean Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr and Powys then yes. But when your board of directors are still the only ones arrogant enough to keep a city/town in the name despite the fact the "region" is supposed to represent a wider area and the fans are arrogant enough to chant "CARDIFF" despite the fact the "region" is supposed to represent a wider area then it's no wonder people from the wider area don't wanna know about you team packed full of Welsh players

All you say about Cardiff City is true...but they get the crowds along with all the Welsh media interest. Must be doing something right Very Happy

I love this kind of post.

I love the claim of arrogance of fans who are chanting the team's name. I love the claim of arrogance for keeping a brand that delivers well over seven figures in investment and sponsorship each year. I love the fact that we're supposed to balance those 7 figures against some muppet from a village who feels "disenfranchised" because he's so dumb that he has to have somebody tell him which team to support.

Here's a clue: the representation is through the pathway. It's not for Dai from Treorchy to be told who to support. Those "people from the wider area" have never wanted to know about any team that charged more than a tenner to watch them, let's not forget, hence Pontypridd RFC being on the brink of administration for the SECOND time.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 10:42 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Whatever about the wider area surely people from the city can identify easily with a team called the Cardiff blues especially given they can support a soulless football club that can rarely field a welsh player. Leinster for years had a problem with shacking off the Dublin only identity they had but  through various projects they have expanded the fan base around the province. The blues do seem to be doing something similar.

Maybe Welsh people are different from Irish people. Maybe we don't give a toss about "where a player is from". Maybe we're not that parochial.

Maybe you're projecting your view on to others who don't share your cultural outlook.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 10:44 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Why do you do it ?

Seriously, it's as if you want to please all the other nations fans on here, all the time. You know the score with Cardiff Blues. You know the situation.

The truth is, it's not all about people from the valleys not wanting to support Cardiff Blues, it's the fact, that the Cardiff Blues fan base, do not want anything to do with anybody outside of Cardiff either, and you can argue the fact over that all you like, I used to go down to Cardiff to watch the Blues more than any other team, it's them who gave me the nickname LordDowlais, just because I came from the valleys, but I drove a decent car amongst other things.

They openly admit it, they do not want anything to do with anything that is not Cardiff.

The bit in bold is a complete and total bare faced lie.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 12:57 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Whatever about the wider area surely people from the city can identify easily with a team called the Cardiff blues especially given they can support a soulless football club that can rarely field a welsh player. Leinster for years had a problem with shacking off the Dublin only identity they had but  through various projects they have expanded the fan base around the province. The blues do seem to be doing something similar.

Maybe Welsh people are different from Irish people. Maybe we don't give a toss about "where a player is from". Maybe we're not that parochial.

Maybe you're projecting your view on to others who don't share your cultural outlook.
Maybe you completely missed the point I was making... Also you do realise the likes of Man United and Liverpool have huge support here in Ireland... Maybe we're not that parochial either.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 1:56 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Whatever about the wider area surely people from the city can identify easily with a team called the Cardiff blues especially given they can support a soulless football club that can rarely field a welsh player. Leinster for years had a problem with shacking off the Dublin only identity they had but  through various projects they have expanded the fan base around the province. The blues do seem to be doing something similar.

Maybe Welsh people are different from Irish people. Maybe we don't give a toss about "where a player is from". Maybe we're not that parochial.

Maybe you're projecting your view on to others who don't share your cultural outlook.
Maybe you completely missed the point I was making... Also you do realise the likes of Man United and Liverpool have huge support here in Ireland...  Maybe we're not that parochial either.

Ok, so what was your point when discussing "soulless football clubs that can rarely field a welsh player" if it wasn't about where players come from?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 2:09 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Whatever about the wider area surely people from the city can identify easily with a team called the Cardiff blues especially given they can support a soulless football club that can rarely field a welsh player. Leinster for years had a problem with shacking off the Dublin only identity they had but  through various projects they have expanded the fan base around the province. The blues do seem to be doing something similar.

Maybe Welsh people are different from Irish people. Maybe we don't give a toss about "where a player is from". Maybe we're not that parochial.

Maybe you're projecting your view on to others who don't share your cultural outlook.
Maybe you completely missed the point I was making... Also you do realise the likes of Man United and Liverpool have huge support here in Ireland...  Maybe we're not that parochial either.

Ok, so what was your point when discussing "soulless football clubs that can rarely field a welsh player" if it wasn't about where players come from?
The soulless part comes from the fact the club allowed the owner to change the colour and crest of the club in order to market the club to the Asian market. This has already been debated above. No point in going into it again.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 2:24 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
The soulless part comes from the fact the club allowed the owner to change the colour and crest of the club in order to market the club to the Asian market. This has already been debated above. No point in going into it again.

That would suggest that it wasn't "soulless", became "soulless" and now isn't "soulless" again, based on the series of events you've just described.

Would that be how you see it? It's just that the tense you wrote in didn't convey that message, so now's your chance to clarify it.

Why did you mention where the players come from? I still don't understand that bit, especially as you mentioned that point in the context of the team being "soulless". I mean, they barely played a Welsh qualified player before Tan, or before Tan changed the colours, and they barely play one now that he's changed the colours back again. So where does the nationality of the players come into it?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 3:12 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
The soulless part comes from the fact the club allowed the owner to change the colour and crest of the club in order to market the club to the Asian market. This has already been debated above. No point in going into it again.

That would suggest that it wasn't "soulless", became "soulless" and now isn't "soulless" again, based on the series of events you've just described.

Would that be how you see it? It's just that the tense you wrote in didn't convey that message, so now's your chance to clarify it.

Why did you mention where the players come from? I still don't understand that bit, especially as you mentioned that point in the context of the team being "soulless". I mean, they barely played a Welsh qualified player before Tan, or before Tan changed the colours, and they barely play one now that he's changed the colours back again. So where does the nationality of the players come into it?
I seem to have touched a nerve here Very Happy

I was trying to understand how people like Stef couldn't identify with the blues who are packed with Welsh players (most people love having local players in their teams and it helps them identify stronger with the team). Yet can support the football team no problem. Which is completely fine, except when you come on and constantly poke jibes at the blues. I was pointing out that his beloved football team isn't perfect either and perhaps he should respect the fact that people are allowed to support this team too.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 3:17 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
I seem to have touched a nerve here Very Happy

I was trying to understand how people like Stef couldn't identify with the blues who are packed with Welsh players (most people love having local players in their teams and it helps them identify stronger with the team). Yet can support the football team no problem. Which is completely fine, except when you come on and constantly poke jibes at the blues. I was pointing out that his beloved football team isn't perfect either and perhaps he should respect the fact that people are allowed to support this team too.

There you go again: "packed with Welsh players".

And you didn't answer one question that I asked of you. Not one. I can see why.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 3:48 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
I seem to have touched a nerve here Very Happy

I was trying to understand how people like Stef couldn't identify with the blues who are packed with Welsh players (most people love having local players in their teams and it helps them identify stronger with the team). Yet can support the football team no problem. Which is completely fine, except when you come on and constantly poke jibes at the blues. I was pointing out that his beloved football team isn't perfect either and perhaps he should respect the fact that people are allowed to support this team too.

There you go again: "packed with Welsh players".

And you didn't answer one question that I asked of you. Not one. I can see why.
What exactly are you asking?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 4:01 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
What exactly are you asking?

That would suggest that it wasn't "soulless", became "soulless" and now isn't "soulless" again, based on the series of events you've just described.

Would that be how you see it? It's just that the tense you wrote in didn't convey that message, so now's your chance to clarify it.

^There is Question 1 for you, with a clear explanation^

Why did you mention where the players come from? I still don't understand that bit, especially as you mentioned that point in the context of the team being "soulless". I mean, they barely played a Welsh qualified player before Tan, or before Tan changed the colours, and they barely play one now that he's changed the colours back again. So where does the nationality of the players come into it?

^There is Question 2 for you, with a clear explanation that also shows your use of "soulless" could only ever have been restricted to a certain time period and, by your own definition of "soulless", cannot apply today.^
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 4:16 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
What exactly are you asking?

That would suggest that it wasn't "soulless", became "soulless" and now isn't "soulless" again, based on the series of events you've just described.

Would that be how you see it? It's just that the tense you wrote in didn't convey that message, so now's your chance to clarify it.

^There is Question 1 for you, with a clear explanation^

Why did you mention where the players come from? I still don't understand that bit, especially as you mentioned that point in the context of the team being "soulless". I mean, they barely played a Welsh qualified player before Tan, or before Tan changed the colours, and they barely play one now that he's changed the colours back again. So where does the nationality of the players come into it?

^There is Question 2 for you, with a clear explanation that also shows your use of "soulless" could only ever have been restricted to a certain time period and, by your own definition of "soulless", cannot apply today.^
Why can't it apply today? Have Cardiff gone back to their traditional colours?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by PhilBB on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 4:43 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
What exactly are you asking?

That would suggest that it wasn't "soulless", became "soulless" and now isn't "soulless" again, based on the series of events you've just described.

Would that be how you see it? It's just that the tense you wrote in didn't convey that message, so now's your chance to clarify it.

^There is Question 1 for you, with a clear explanation^

Why did you mention where the players come from? I still don't understand that bit, especially as you mentioned that point in the context of the team being "soulless". I mean, they barely played a Welsh qualified player before Tan, or before Tan changed the colours, and they barely play one now that he's changed the colours back again. So where does the nationality of the players come into it?

^There is Question 2 for you, with a clear explanation that also shows your use of "soulless" could only ever have been restricted to a certain time period and, by your own definition of "soulless", cannot apply today.^
Why can't it apply today? Have Cardiff gone back to their traditional colours?

Yes, they have.

Now your turn to answer those questions.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues thread Empty Re: Cardiff Blues thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum