Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by 4putt on Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:41 pm

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/tour-news/haotong-li-penalty-172899

4putt

Posts : 242
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Udon Thani

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by pedro on Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:58 pm

This is just ridiculous.
And are Asian players over represented in receiving dodgy penalties?

pedro

Posts : 6590
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:13 am

Good isn't it? Strange how they don't penalise weird and wacky science golfer dude DeChambeau for taking more than twice the 40 second allowance on every shot he takes.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8070
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by pedro on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:30 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Good isn't it? Strange how they don't penalise weird and wacky science golfer dude DeChambeau for taking more than twice the 40 second allowance on every shot he takes.
It would look strange to pay somebody a $1m appearance fee or whatever, and then give him a penalty for being the jerk they paid for.

pedro

Posts : 6590
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 1:34 pm

pedro wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Good isn't it? Strange how they don't penalise weird and wacky science golfer dude DeChambeau for taking more than twice the 40 second allowance on every shot he takes.
It would look strange to pay somebody a $1m appearance fee or whatever, and then give him a penalty for being the jerk they paid for.
Well, true, but doesn't look good does it?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8070
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by LadyPutt on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 4:44 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
pedro wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Good isn't it? Strange how they don't penalise weird and wacky science golfer dude DeChambeau for taking more than twice the 40 second allowance on every shot he takes.
It would look strange to pay somebody a $1m appearance fee or whatever, and then give him a penalty for being the jerk they paid for.
Well, true, but doesn't look good does it?
No it doesn’t but I for one agree with the Li penalty as he was definitely “beginning to take his stance” which is what the new rule states, like it or not. Agree though that BdeC should be penalised heavily for his glacial slow play warning
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 68
Location : Fife, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by GPB on Sat 02 Feb 2019, 2:48 pm

Not just Asians. White America players in the USA

https://twitter.com/JustinThomas34/status/1091520762907750400

GPB

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by McLaren on Sat 02 Feb 2019, 5:20 pm

Gpb

I like how Donald and snedeker piled in on the usga as well. I wasn't even aware that the caddies lining up players was an issue that needed urgently rectified.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 14158
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by kwinigolfer on Sat 02 Feb 2019, 6:41 pm

McLaren wrote:Gpb

I like how Donald and snedeker piled in on the usga as well. I wasn't even aware that the caddies lining up players was an issue that needed urgently rectified.


Mac,
It's an LPGA "thing", the Koreans, in particular, used to do it all the time; cheating and slowing the game to a standstill.
But guys like Sneds & Luuuke are just the tip of the iceberg of pros who have been criticising some of the changed rules.
Increasing calls for the Pro Tours to adopt their own rules, especially after the McCarthy nonsense.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25551
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 03 Feb 2019, 6:41 pm

It sounds as if the PGA Tour is working with the Rules guys about rewording this rule - not completely clear if it's been suspended until it can be reworded. It certainly should be.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25551
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment. Empty Re: Fellow Pro's disgusted by Haotong Li's punnishment.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum