6 Nations - England v France

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty 6 Nations - England v France

Post by LondonTiger on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Details:

Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Time: 15:00 GMT
Location: Twickenham Stadium
Media Coverage: ITV, BBC (highlights only), Radio 5Live


Officials

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant 1: Andrew Brace (Ireland)
Assistant 2: Brendon Pickerill (New Zealand)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)



Teams


England

15 Elliot Daly (Wasps, 26 caps), 14 Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks, 43 caps), 13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 18 caps), 12 Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 28 caps), 11 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 41 caps), 10 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 66 caps) (c), 9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 81 caps), 1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 52 caps), 2 Jamie George (Saracens, 33 caps), 3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 18 caps), 4 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 69 caps), 5 George Kruis (Saracens, 28 caps), 6 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 9 caps), 7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 6 caps), 8 Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 37 caps).

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 8 caps), 17 Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), 18 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 82 caps), 19 Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 54 caps), 20 Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 19 caps), 21 Dan Robson (Wasps, uncapped), 22 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 52 caps), 23 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 30 caps).





France

15. Yoann Huget
14. Damian Penaud
13. Mathieu Bastareaud
12. Geoffrey Doumayrou
11. Gaël Fickou
10. Camille Lopez
9. Morgan Parra
1. Jefferson Poirot
2. Guilhem Guirado
3. Demba Bamba
4. Sébastien Vahaamahina
5. Félix Lambey
6. Yacouba Camara
7. Arthur Iturria
8. Louis Picamoles

Replacements
16. Pierre Bourgarit
17. Dany Priso
18. Dorian Aldegheri
19. Paul Willemse
20. Gregory Alldritt
21. Antoine Dupont
22. Romain Ntamack
23. Thomas Ramos


Last edited by LondonTiger on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:39 am; edited 3 times in total

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 20145
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down


6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

Robson to get his chance...

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by king_carlos on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Jones should have brought Robson on by now

It's pretty bizarre at this point. Surely dropping Care for Robson means he wants to try a new option...

He's warming up as I type though.

king_carlos

Posts : 4035
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

I'm going mad then as Robson is coming on.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18093
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:41 pm

Not as important as Nowell’s hair though. Where is that barnet?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by LondonTiger on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:42 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm going mad then as Robson is coming on.
Finally. Youngs has been good again, but Robson needs minutes.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 20145
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:43 pm

Nowells hair has always been eccentric Mikey - has he had a trim?

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by GeordieFalcon on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:47 pm

England really should be looking to hit the 50 mark the way they've dominated this game.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21143
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by EnglishReign on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:47 pm

Hope Mako is back in time for Wales.

EnglishReign

Posts : 1967
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : London

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by No9 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
No9 wrote:That TMO call was as bad as the one against Wales last year. There’s no excuse with the technology they have...when you can see it’s easily on a sky box.. Shocked

A good point here. I felt Wales were let down three times last year with incorrect TMO calls, and two already this year.

And that's definitely the important point to make on an England vs France thread.

The point was identifying bad TMO call in THIS game using previous accepted bad TMO call as a comparative.

So yes, it is a perfectly valid point to make on this thread...


Last edited by No9 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

No9

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:48 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
No9 wrote:Wrong call there by TMO and Nigel. Obvious knock on... NOT off French hand....

Not to mention the foul holding the back the French players arm..

Not really going to make a difference though...

Owens has been dreadful today

Worse than Ireland’s favourite son Barnes?

He is the new Barnes

Collapse2005

Posts : 3403
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by EnglishReign on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:49 pm

All calls have been correct though. Just because they go against you doesn’t make them wrong.

EnglishReign

Posts : 1967
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : London

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:49 pm

Nice chase by Robson

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by robbo277 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm

No9 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
No9 wrote:That TMO call was as bad as the one against Wales last year. There’s no excuse with the technology they have...when you can see it’s easily on a sky box.. Shocked

A good point here. I felt Wales were let down three times last year with incorrect TMO calls, and two already this year.

And that's definitely the important point to make on an England vs France thread.

The point was identifying bad TMO call in THIS game using previous accepted bad TMO call as a comparative.

So yes, it is a perfectly valid point to make on this thread...

If you think every ref/TMO call is incorrect, maybe the issue is with you. I mean, these guys do it for a living.

They make the odd mistake. But if you're telling me every call that went against Wales over the last two years is incorrect then I think that says more about you than the quality of TMO decisions.

Today's one was fine as well. Definitely knocked back by the French player. Possibly interference by May but it looked fairly even.

robbo277

Posts : 4010
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:51 pm

Waste there by England

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:53 pm

Robbo, I think you’re probably wasting your breath on the TMO thing in these circumstances... Well done for trying though!

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm

I thought if a player was tackled without the ball the referee then has to look at the situation without the tackler (as he's put himself out of the equation by giving a penalty). If that is the case....its a pretty easy run in for Ashton even if the ball is slightly behind.

May didn't knock the Farrell try on although he was holding the arm. French defender was not close to getting the ball though so it's not an issue.

Anyway.....I guess we expected a slower 2nd half but still very impressive. I don't think the French have been that bad in the 2nd either.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 34109
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by No9 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:55 pm

robbo277 wrote:
No9 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
No9 wrote:That TMO call was as bad as the one against Wales last year. There’s no excuse with the technology they have...when you can see it’s easily on a sky box.. Shocked

A good point here. I felt Wales were let down three times last year with incorrect TMO calls, and two already this year.

And that's definitely the important point to make on an England vs France thread.

The point was identifying bad TMO call in THIS game using previous accepted bad TMO call as a comparative.

So yes, it is a perfectly valid point to make on this thread...

If you think every ref/TMO call is incorrect, maybe the issue is with you. I mean, these guys do it for a living.

They make the odd mistake. But if you're telling me every call that went against Wales over the last two years is incorrect then I think that says more about you than the quality of TMO decisions.

Today's one was fine as well. Definitely knocked back by the French player. Possibly interference by May but it looked fairly  even.

What a load of bollix... who said all ref/TMO calls have been wrong or that all calls where against Wales. It’s you just said this and has never been said by me... I said this call was wrong like the one last year. It was a clear knock on.

No9

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by EnglishReign on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

It wasn’t a knock on, are you really that simple?

Objectively speaking, a try. End of discussion.


Last edited by EnglishReign on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

EnglishReign

Posts : 1967
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : London

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

Yes Sgt, French have looked ok ish in the 2nd half.

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by robbo277 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm

France have been better this second half but England have been a bit flat, especially in these last 20. Fine to do at 44-8. England have earned their week off with these two games. 10 points in the first 2 games is very much job done for now.

robbo277

Posts : 4010
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm

I'm really at a loss to see what Wales have to do with thread or game.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 34109
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Scottrf on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm

Incredible performance. I don’t much rate the French team but 8 points conceded and to be so clinical is excellent.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by GeordieFalcon on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:58 pm

Second half has been a damp squib

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21143
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by majesticimperialman on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:59 pm

As this been a bad French side or have England bee so good at keeping them at bay, and making them look bad?

majesticimperialman

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 4:59 pm

Top job there. Very impressive by England.

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Duty281 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:00 pm

Two brilliant wins, two tactically masterful displays, topped off with some exquisite tries.

Well done England.

Duty281

Posts : 19603
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Heaf on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:00 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:As this been a bad French side or have England bee so good at keeping them at bay, and making them look bad?

Both

Heaf

Posts : 2948
Join date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:00 pm

Well done England

mikey_dragon

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by majesticimperialman on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:01 pm

2 game's and 2 bonus point wins.Looking good for England so far.

majesticimperialman

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by LondonTiger on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:01 pm

Well that game fizzled out.

Obviously the score was hugely positive, but loved that we did not let France score in second half. Curry was excellent at the breakdown, well supported by Wilson.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 20145
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Heaf on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:03 pm

I think England missed about 3 clear chances in the 2nd half ...

Heaf

Posts : 2948
Join date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by No9 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:04 pm

EnglishReign wrote:It wasn’t a knock on, are you really that simple?

Thanks for the insult, really nice...

I’m a neutral here, so would say I’ve got the benefit of watching this through unbiased eyes, rather than your rose tinted glasses. I’ve also been able to watch it several times at home, and can tell you it was a clear knock on.

But if you really want to dispute that, why didn’t the TMO call for the infringement on the arm. Either way, that call from the TMO was wrong and it should be no try.

But in the end it has no relevance to the game, only if we end up using points difference to decide the title. And if you check my previous posts, I’ve clearly said England have this title if it goes to points...

So my last words on it... try being a little more gracious in victory... Wink


.... and my final point on the game. Well done England, complete command of the game. Feel free to take it easy from now on Whistle

No9

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by robbo277 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:04 pm

No9 wrote:
robbo277 wrote:
No9 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
No9 wrote:That TMO call was as bad as the one against Wales last year. There’s no excuse with the technology they have...when you can see it’s easily on a sky box.. Shocked

A good point here. I felt Wales were let down three times last year with incorrect TMO calls, and two already this year.

And that's definitely the important point to make on an England vs France thread.

The point was identifying bad TMO call in THIS game using previous accepted bad TMO call as a comparative.

So yes, it is a perfectly valid point to make on this thread...

If you think every ref/TMO call is incorrect, maybe the issue is with you. I mean, these guys do it for a living.

They make the odd mistake. But if you're telling me every call that went against Wales over the last two years is incorrect then I think that says more about you than the quality of TMO decisions.

Today's one was fine as well. Definitely knocked back by the French player. Possibly interference by May but it looked fairly  even.

What a load of bollix... who said all ref/TMO calls have been wrong or that all calls where against Wales. It’s you just said this and has never been said by me... I said this call was wrong like the one last year. It was a clear knock on.

You have slightly misrepresented my argument. See the bolded sections.

Mikey cites 5 apparent TMO errors against Wales. You reference these as "previously accepted" - I'm not sure by whom.

Maybe one of these was an error. Maybe two. Or maybe all 5. I can't comment on them because I don't know which incidents these are. But I'm more willing to accept the decision of qualified referees with no vested interest over internet posters.

I can comment on the TMO decision for Farrell's try today and from the pictures I saw I completely agree with the ruling on the field. Knocked back by blue and not enough interference by May to warrant a penalty.

robbo277

Posts : 4010
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:04 pm

Cardiff in two weeks is going to be immense!

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by BamBam on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:05 pm

2nd half was always going to be a bit of a letdown after the fireworks of the first, but very happy with the result.. If the two halves had been reversed none of us would be quibbling!

France aren't great, but you can only beat the opposition, we never gave them a sniff outside of one bit of broken field brilliance from Huget

May getting the tries that he hasn't had in previous games where he's arguably had better all around games, but it's great to see the coaches identify a weakness and devise a game plan to maximise the impact on it.

Flankers were everywhere again, really promising partnership, and the midfield looked good again. Hopefully Mako is ok, we need him so the two week break isn't the end of the world

Not sure why the TMO decisions are such a hot topic when we were 25 points ahead at the time..

BamBam

Posts : 15235
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:07 pm

It's quite nice having a French wife when we absolutely smash them! She's gone upstairs in a mood.....ah peace Very Happy

Jonny May is such a weird boy.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 34109
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by LondonTiger on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:08 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:

Jonny May is such a weird boy.
 Was he interviewed?

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 20145
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by miaow on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:10 pm

miaow wrote:Oh wait, Nige is in charge.

England 44-23 France

Got it half right. Didn't anticipate France being quite so useless.

miaow

Posts : 2670
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Scottrf on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:11 pm

I’ll withdraw my comments on the penalty try, but at the same defender can’t have arguments, play fair.
Knock on was the French hand.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by SecretFly on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:11 pm

Wow! I know.they lost but that's one Special French side!!!!

............well someone has to say something positive about them.......

SecretFly

Posts : 29892
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:11 pm

Itv have just slowed down Farrell try and zoomed in and it does come off the Frenchman.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18093
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:12 pm

“Knock on” was by the French hand.


Last edited by stub on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

stub

Posts : 2097
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by miaow on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:14 pm

No9 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
No9 wrote:Wrong call there by TMO and Nigel. Obvious knock on... NOT off French hand....

Not to mention the foul holding the back the French players arm..

Not really going to make a difference though...

Use both eyes. The holding back is more debatable, but with both players on the ground it isn't clear. The officials all saw it though

Suggest you OPEN your eyes.. knock on... but not going to change anything..

Are you still watching the highlights? It's definitely not a knock-on. Holding is arguable, but clearly off a French hand when you see it from all 3 angles, as it appeared live on first viewing.

miaow

Posts : 2670
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by robbo277 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:15 pm

Having just seen the incident again, it was definitely off the French hand.

The angle from the touchline shows that there are two hands in play, one is a fist and one is open. The fist punches the ball back, but it's hard to tell which hand is which.

The angle from behind the deadball line shows that the French hand is balled into a fist and May's hand is open wide.

The holding is more subjective. If it had been chalked off I'd be a bit miffed, but I wouldn't be able to call it a shocker.

robbo277

Posts : 4010
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by SecretFly on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:15 pm

England were brilliant and just turned off the machine in the 2nd half. That French side at this point in the tournament though look like they're heading for the wooden spoon. Italy at least look like a team with some organisation to temper the wild stuff the French seem to think will win them a game against suc opposition.

SecretFly

Posts : 29892
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by GeordieFalcon on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:16 pm

That flank combo is looking good

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 21143
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by No9 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:16 pm

No9 wrote:
EnglishReign wrote:It wasn’t a knock on, are you really that simple?

Thanks for the insult, really nice...

I’m a neutral here, so would say I’ve got the benefit of watching this through unbiased eyes, rather than your rose tinted glasses. I’ve also been able to watch it several times at home, and can tell you it was a clear knock on.

But if you really want to dispute that, why didn’t the TMO call for the infringement on the arm. Either way, that call from the TMO was wrong and it should be no try.

But in the end it has no relevance to the game, only if we end up using points difference to decide the title. And if you check my previous posts, I’ve clearly said England have this title if it goes to points...

So my last words on it... try being a little more gracious in victory... Wink


.... and my final point on the game. Well done England, complete command of the game. Feel free to take it easy from now on Whistle

I’ve just seen a different angle, which I’m pretty sure they didn’t show during the game, the only one I saw during the game was from behind, and from that I stand by an English knock on... BUT, the other angle they just showed in after match discussion was from the side, and that clearly shows a French knock back and NOT a knock on.

I like to think I’m fair, so I will know say I was wrong and it was a knock back. Not sure the try should have stood though, as there was a clear infringement, but that’s a different point.

Still think the insult from englishreign wasn’t needed though... boxing

No9

Posts : 1361
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by BamBam on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:19 pm

So your second hand sky box isn't as good for making these decisions as the TMO's equipment?!?! At least you admitted it eventually

BamBam

Posts : 15235
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:23 pm

Robbo i would urge you to go and look at them for yourself. You’d maybe disagree with one or two but the rest are clear cut and that’s simply not acceptable. I’m not saying all TMO decisions are incorrect but we’ve Certainly been on the receiving end of wrong decisions by these amateurs as of late. Shocking really.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by robbo277 on Sun 10 Feb 2019, 5:23 pm

So where to from here for England? We can't win the Championship next weekend, but we can get 90% of the way there with a win in Cardiff.

If Mako comes through, Eddie only has positive selection questions. He can go unchanged, or he can look at Launchbury starting, he can rotate the 14 shirt or the sub prop shirts if he wants.

Eddie should be treating this as the final. I wouldn't mind seeing some experimentation against Italy and Scotland, but this game we need to go all out for.

robbo277

Posts : 4010
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - England v France - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 Nations - England v France

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum