Player stats from the opening round

Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Player stats from the opening round

Post by maestegmafia on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 9:35 pm

Passes

Conor Murray (Ireland) 100

Greig Laidlaw (Scotland)  88

Gugliemlo Palazzani (Italy) 86

Ben Youngs (England) 63

Baptiste Serin (France) 47

Morgan Parra (France) 45


Most carries

Maxime Medard (France) 22

Jayden Hayward (Italy) 18

Ryan Wilson (Scotland) 17

Sergio Parisse (Italy) 17

Garry Ringrose (Ireland) 15

Blair Kinghorn (Scotland) 15


Metres gained

Stuart Hogg (Scotland) 126

Liam Williams (Wales) 90

Blair Kinghorn (Scotland) 89

Michele Campagnaro (Italy) 82

Yoann Huget (France) 81

Jacob Stockdale (Ireland) 78


Clean breaks

Stuart Hogg (Scotland) 4

Blair Kinghorn (Scotland) 4

Henry Slade (England) 3

Michele Campagnaro (Italy) 3

Garry Ringrose (Ireland) 3


Defenders beaten

Liam Williams (Wales) 7

Garry Ringrose (Ireland) 6

Sam Johnson (Scotland) 6

Blair Kinghorn (Scotland) 6

Stuart Hogg (Scotland) 4

Jacob Stockdale (Ireland) 4



Most tackles

Mark Wilson (England) 27

Mako Vunipola (England) 27

Ross Moriarty (Wales) 20

Josh van der Flier (Ireland) 19

Jamie George (England) 18

CJ Stander (Ireland) 18

Justin Tipuric (Wales) 18

Sebastian Negri (Italy) 18


Turnovers won

Jonny May (England) 2

Mark Wilson (England) 2

Josh Navidi (Wales) 2

Louis Picamoles (France) 2

Josh Strauss (Scotland) 2

Wenceslas Lauret (France) 2


Most off-loads

Federico Ruzza (Italy) 2

Arthur Iturria (France) 2

Jayden Hayward (Italy) 2

Liam Williams (Wales) 2

Louis Picamoles (France) 2

Stuart Hogg (Scotland) 2

Ryan Wilson (Scotland) 2

Billy Vunipola (England) 2


Kicks from hand

Ben Youngs (England) 19

Conor Murray (Ireland) 16

Stuart Hogg (Scotland) 10

Finn Russell (Scotland) 9

Johnny Sexton (Ireland) 9



Lineouts won


Braam Steyn (Italy) 6

Arthur Iturria (France) 6


Peter O’Mahony (Ireland) 5

Sergio Parisse (Italy) 4

Grant Gilchrist (Scotland) 4

maestegmafia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 21275
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by The Oracle on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 9:48 pm

Connor Murray - 100 passes! That is insane!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by maestegmafia on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 9:51 pm

And only 16 kicks from hand... thought it looked the other way around.

maestegmafia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 21275
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by BigTrevsbigmac on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm

Shame there isn’t stats for dominant tackles that defined the England performance

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 2917
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by maestegmafia on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:02 pm

The Kicks from hand stats are interesting. I thought Ireland’s halfbacks kicked a lot more. I certainly thought Wales’ did.

Likewise surprised that the Scots were in this stay at all as they seemed to pass far more than they kicked.

maestegmafia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 21275
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by Poorfour on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:06 pm

The Oracle wrote:Connor Murray - 100 passes! That is insane!

Yes. Especially if you take the definition that insanity is doing the same thing time and time again in the hope that it will produce a different result this time.... [ducks for cover]

Poorfour

Posts : 3969
Join date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by robbo277 on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:08 pm

England had no carriers in the top grouping, 3 of the top 5 tacklers and Youngs kicking every 4th ball he got. Sums up the game plan right there.

robbo277

Posts : 3820
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by maestegmafia on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:11 pm

Poorfour wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Connor Murray - 100 passes! That is insane!

Yes. Especially if you take the definition that insanity is doing the same thing time and time again in the hope that it will produce a different result this time.... [ducks for cover]

We have all felt that about players whether it’s for the club or national team we support.

maestegmafia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 21275
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by Cyril on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:31 pm

Source for these stats?

Cyril

Posts : 6526
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by lostinwales on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:42 pm

robbo277 wrote:England had no carriers in the top grouping, 3 of the top 5 tacklers and Youngs kicking every 4th ball he got. Sums up the game plan right there.

We were playing defense and making the Irish play the ball all the time - but one of big feature is that with the number of heavy duty carriers we have it did not all fall on one or two guys

lostinwales

Posts : 8196
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by maestegmafia on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:55 pm

lostinwales wrote:
robbo277 wrote:England had no carriers in the top grouping, 3 of the top 5 tacklers and Youngs kicking every 4th ball he got. Sums up the game plan right there.

We were playing defense and making the Irish play the ball all the time - but one of big feature is that with the number of heavy duty carriers we have it did not all fall on one or two guys

The quantity of top quality ball carriers keeps England off this particular ball carrier stat.

I wondered last week whether the amount of ball carriers EJ selected might cause the Irish problems. I didn’t think England would be given so much ball.

These stats don’t show quality just list numbers, but Farrells pass for the opening try was one of the best ive ever seen.

maestegmafia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 21275
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by dummy_half on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 11:02 pm

Interesting how sometimes stats really don't tell the full tale - you'd look at those numbers and reckon Ireland were comfortably better than England, while the opposite was clearly the case.

Metres gained is surely the most mis-leading statistic: Italy repeatedly kicked deep to Hogg, giving him 10 m or so to run in to, whereas Johnny May was forever fielding the ball with Irish defenders on top of him. Both are great elusive runners, and both had good games, but that statistic really obscures the fact.

I think Billy Vunipola also topped England's metres gained stats (at least for the forwards), based mostly on running one kick back and then carrying the defenders about 5 m after contact.

dummy_half

Posts : 4795
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 47
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by lostinwales on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 11:20 pm

Stats from England Ireland are all one way if you don't look too deep. Ireland had 60% of the ball and 53% of territory. 332m from 160 runs against 247 from 105.

Ireland won more rucks, listed as 28 defenders beaten to 13. 4 penalties to 9.

And yet England were clinical in attack and brutal in defence, and Ireland were almost unable to get into the England 22, although they always got points when they did.

lostinwales

Posts : 8196
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by George Carlin on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 6:33 am

Poorfour wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Connor Murray - 100 passes! That is insane!

Yes. Especially if you take the definition that insanity is doing the same thing time and time again in the hope that it will produce a different result this time.... [ducks for cover]
Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14576
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by George Carlin on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 6:34 am

Wait a minute. 

Does this mean that I need to stop making fun of Josh Strauss and Ryan Wilson? 

But that's my favorite thing.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14576
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by bsando on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 7:58 am

George Carlin wrote:Wait a minute. 

Does this mean that I need to stop making fun of Josh Strauss and Ryan Wilson? 

But that's my favorite thing.

5Live Rugby Podcast were listing off "test match warriors" from the home nations. Their off the cuff, yet subtle as a bulldozer, list of Welsh, English and Irish candidates did eventually contain one Scottish name... Ryan Wilson picard

bsando

Posts : 2122
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by tigertattie on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 10:27 am

bsando wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Wait a minute. 

Does this mean that I need to stop making fun of Josh Strauss and Ryan Wilson? 

But that's my favorite thing.

5Live Rugby Podcast were listing off "test match warriors" from the home nations. Their off the cuff, yet subtle as a bulldozer, list of Welsh, English and Irish candidates did eventually contain one Scottish name... Ryan Wilson picard

if a "warrior" is deifned as someone who shouts a lot, makes angry faces, but ultimately dies a death on the field, then yes, Ryan Wilson can be classed as a Warrior.

To be fair he didnt have too bad a game on Sataurday (this was a one off though and he still shouldnt be near a starting place for Scotland)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 6065
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by George Carlin on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 11:41 am

tigertattie wrote:
bsando wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Wait a minute. 

Does this mean that I need to stop making fun of Josh Strauss and Ryan Wilson? 

But that's my favorite thing.

5Live Rugby Podcast were listing off "test match warriors" from the home nations. Their off the cuff, yet subtle as a bulldozer, list of Welsh, English and Irish candidates did eventually contain one Scottish name... Ryan Wilson picard

if a "warrior" is deifned as someone who shouts a lot, makes angry faces, but ultimately dies a death on the field, then yes, Ryan Wilson can be classed as a Warrior.
clap
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14576
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Player stats from the opening round Empty Re: Player stats from the opening round

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum