The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+27
navyblueshorts
tigertattie
Luckless Pedestrian
alfie
JDizzle
No name Bertie
88Chris05
Scottrf
Luke
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
El Radar
dummy_half
CaledonianCraig
lostinwales
Hero
Pr4wn
SecretFly
Galted
Samo
MrInvisible
Cardiff Dave
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
JuliusHMarx
31 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Political round up.............

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thread Split! Culture Cup Rules!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by SecretFly Wed May 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Is he anti-beef too?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed May 01, 2019 12:58 pm

Heard he loves pork

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed May 01, 2019 2:30 pm

MrInvisible wrote:Funny how every time elections are imminent an anti-Semitism 'story' damaging Labour/Corbyn emerges out of nowhere.  This time, relating to comments from Corbyn liking a book written over 100 years ago.  The story came from The Times' Danny Finkelstein, who I thought was above this sort of thing.

I do think the Tories will lose a lot of seats but that Lib Dems will gain more than Labour.

Labour only have themselves to blame for this.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:If he keeps being anti-Semitic, hopefully he’ll get called on being anti-Semitic. He’s a waste of space

This is how mud sticks....Because some muppets just read headlines without reading the story..

Blair and Brown both praised the book...No one is calling them Anti semites.......The story is garbage..

But keep believing everything you read in the right wing papers....Where objectivity is always the biggest consideration..

Deary me.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed May 01, 2019 5:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:If he keeps being anti-Semitic, hopefully he’ll get called on being anti-Semitic. He’s a waste of space

This is how mud sticks....Because some muppets just read headlines without reading the story..

Blair and Brown both praised the book...No one is calling them Anti semites.......The story is garbage..

But keep believing everything you read in the right wing papers....Where objectivity is always the biggest consideration..

Deary me.. Rolling Eyes

They aren't the current Leader(s) of the Opposition and a possible next PM. Of course Corbyn is going to get pinned on this - he's been caught out enough to think there's something substantial here and he's absurdly equivocal about dealing with the accusations. The man's a waste of space.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed May 01, 2019 5:42 pm

He's a schmuck.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Anyone wants to tell me one anti semitic statement Corbyn has made...

Lots of high profile Jewish people like Michael Rosen like him....But then again they are well informed so what do they know..

Probably doesn't read The Mail..

See the Defence Secretary has gone...What a 'Schmuck'

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 02, 2019 12:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Deary me.. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for assuming my stupidity, but you’ve only shown your own. I don’t read newspapers, all my news sources are generally pretty left wing.

Take some time, listen to some people affected. If he’s not purposefully antisemitic, he’s so implicitly that he’s endorsing it again and again. And it’s led to ultra left-wing feeling confident to protest against Israel in general outside local Jewish businesses, free to call them Zionists like they understand what it means.

It’s so continuous that only the purposefully blind could follow him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu May 02, 2019 9:03 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:He's a schmuck.
Laugh OK
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Deary me.. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for assuming my stupidity, but you’ve only shown your own. I don’t read newspapers, all my news sources are generally pretty left wing.

Take some time, listen to some people affected. If he’s not purposefully antisemitic, he’s so implicitly that he’s endorsing it again and again. And it’s led to ultra left-wing feeling confident to protest against Israel in general outside local Jewish businesses, free to call them Zionists like they understand what it means.

It’s so continuous that only the purposefully blind could follow him.

If high profile Jewish people like Noam Chomsky and other respected impartial voices think Corbyn is being smeared by People with agendas then I will listen..

Show me anything anti Semitic Corbyn has said ??..

Not interested in agenda driven media outlets or Politicians..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 am

Horrendous YG Euro poll for the main Parties..

Brexit Party.... 30
Labour.............21
Conservative..13
Lib Dems........10
Green...............9
Change............9

Remain parties cancelling eachother out it seems..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu May 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Righty'o, I think it's time to make one heap of all your winnings, and risk it on the 4/9 still available that the Brexit Party win the European Elections.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu May 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Corbyn being smeared doesn't mean that he isn't a limited, reactionary and dogmatic old gnome who is doing a terrific job at killing the Labour party.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu May 02, 2019 2:13 pm

lostinwales wrote:Corbyn being smeared doesn't mean that he isn't a limited, reactionary and dogmatic old gnome who is doing a terrific job at killing the Labour party.

+1

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu May 02, 2019 2:23 pm

lostinwales wrote:Corbyn being smeared doesn't mean that he isn't a limited, reactionary and dogmatic old gnome who is doing a terrific job at killing the Labour party.
Oh, I like that description. There's a few people I work with who are going to find themselves described as some form of gnome in the future...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm

On record as saying I'd prefer Thornberry...

As regards Labour dying...They are ahead with every pollster..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 02, 2019 3:40 pm

He smears himself with s*** most times he moves his hands

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:He smears himself with s*** most times he moves his hands

I take it you are a 'definite maybe' when it comes to voting Labour..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu May 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Northamptonshire County Council have cancelled their local elections due to lack of money. And we're living in a first world democracy?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu May 02, 2019 4:41 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Northamptonshire County Council have cancelled their local elections due to lack of money. And we're living in a first world democracy?
Not for long...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 02, 2019 4:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:He smears himself with s*** most times he moves his hands

I take it you are a 'definite maybe' when it comes to voting Labour..

It’s so depressing, but I’ll vote nowt in this European elections and then I’ll vote “whatever is best opposition to Conservatives” when push comes to shove later on in any GE. It won’t matter in my area, so I should just go with Green, but the off chance that this whole mess really hurts them where my vote goes means I have to back whatever their (Tories) best opposition is.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu May 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Yaxley-Lennon get smashed in the face with a McDonalds milkshake is a real treat to see. Always nice to see someone stand up to his fascist, bully boy tactics.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu May 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Samo wrote:Yaxley-Lennon get smashed in the face with a McDonalds milkshake is a real treat to see. Always nice to see someone stand up to his fascist, bully boy tactics.

Fascist tactics involve assaulting political opponents, something which you appear to agree with.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu May 02, 2019 7:51 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Samo wrote:Yaxley-Lennon get smashed in the face with a McDonalds milkshake is a real treat to see. Always nice to see someone stand up to his fascist, bully boy tactics.

Fascist tactics involve assaulting political opponents, something which you appear to agree with.

Well YL seemed pretty keen on assaulting the milkshake donor right afterwards. Where is the gratitude?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Normally I dont like violence against a person purely based on their politics, but I make exceptions for Nazis.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu May 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Samo wrote:Normally I dont like violence against a person purely based on their politics, but I make exceptions for Nazis.

Would you please explain, with evidence, how Tommy Robinson is a nazi?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu May 02, 2019 8:55 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Well YL seemed pretty keen on assaulting the milkshake donor right afterwards. Where is the gratitude?  

Yes, that wasn't good either. Just highly unpleasant stuff all round.

Unfortunately, what these morons who have attacked Robinson have done is given him free PR and increased his chances of being elected - Robinson is now trending on Twitter, featured on lots of news sites etc. Just given him a lot of free publicity. Couldn't have worked out any better if Robinson set it up himself (not saying that's what happened).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2019 12:23 am

Tommy Robinson's UKIP trashing Labour in Sunderland...Very sad to see racists doing well..

Looks like Labour are getting hammered..

Corbyn will have to go me thinketh..

Hand over to Thornberry..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 03, 2019 12:56 am

'Tommy Robinson's UKIP'...Tommy Robinson isn't a member of UKIP, is banned from joining UKIP, and is standing against them in the upcoming European Elections, but then again, we all know Truss isn't big on being factual.

But yes, it does look like a difficult night for Labour. Lost control of Hartlepool, and lost 30 councillors already. Looks like the only winners today will be the Lib Dems and, to an extent, the Greens.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 am

Duty281 wrote:
Samo wrote:Normally I dont like violence against a person purely based on their politics, but I make exceptions for Nazis.

If his history of thuggery, fascist views and inciting racial hatred against a minorty group isnt enough then I cant help you. I also thought you were better than defending racist, fascist, bully boy nazis but I guess I was wrong.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri May 03, 2019 8:37 am

So, you're no better than a Nazi yourself then?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 03, 2019 9:08 am

Just gonna put my admin shoes on and say can we move away from the who or what a nazi is discussion? Ta

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri May 03, 2019 9:11 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Just gonna put my admin shoes on and say can we move away from the who or what a nazi is discussion? Ta

Fascist!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 03, 2019 9:27 am

Samo wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

If his history of thuggery, fascist views and inciting racial hatred against a minorty group isnt enough then I cant help you. I also thought you were better than defending racist, fascist, bully boy nazis but I guess I was wrong.

So that's a 'no', then. You can't provide evidence. Thank you for revealing your violent, fascistic tendencies, though. I will always stand up against the political violence that you advocate, a quote from not-Voltaire springs to mind.

(Dolph, duly noted, I will make no further posts on this issue).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 am

Lib Dems...massive gains across the board. They may be polling unspectacularly, but they've always been the best local campaigners in business, and they're making the gains that Labour should be making.

Labour have had a disappointing night. Tories have been hammered, but it's sort of expected at this time.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2019 9:39 am

Lib Dem vote is a protest vote..

Winning wards they didn't campaign in..Looks like a Brexit sting for Lab/Con...Great night for them..

Does appear that the 1000 seat worst scenario for the Tories might be beaten..

Both leaders should go..

Greens have done well.....Ukip have in blue collar brexit places.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri May 03, 2019 9:42 am

About time both parties got a thorough kicking for the current state of politics
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri May 03, 2019 9:52 am

GSC wrote:About time both parties got a thorough kicking for the current state of politics
Good. I can't see myself ever voting for either again. Two utterly awful main parties and a ****ing useless, archaic, childish, FPTP political system.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri May 03, 2019 10:36 am

Duty281 wrote:
Samo wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

So that's a 'no', then. You can't provide evidence. Thank you for revealing your violent, fascistic tendencies, though. I will always stand up against the political violence that you advocate, a quote from not-Voltaire springs to mind.

(Dolph, duly noted, I will make no further posts on this issue).

If you use the term Nazi in the narrow sense of someone being a member of the Nazi party then I'm not aware of evidence of him being a Nazi. If, as I suspect it was being used in this instance, you use the term Nazi in it's generic sense to describe someone who is a nationalist with far right views, engages in populism and outwardly displays signs of being racist, then yes, there is plenty of evidence of him being a Nazi.

But you chose to be selective in your interpretation to change the direction of the argument and to continue your ongoing attempt to be a libertarian version of Squealer.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri May 03, 2019 11:35 am

navyblueshorts wrote:

Its the paradox of tolerance first theorised by Karl Popper in '45. If we tolerate the intorelant (in this case the far-right fascists on the rise) then we risk seeing them take over and destroying a tolerant society. In order for a tolerant society to thrive, intolerance needs to be combated. Im pretty sure we're all in the same boat in regarding Nazis being bad and dont think they have a place in a modern society.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am

Also, milkshake does not equal violence, surely.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 03, 2019 11:56 am

Pr4wn wrote:Also, milkshake does not equal violence, surely.

It's like throwing an egg, it's a very low-grade category of assault.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Samo wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Its the paradox of tolerance first theorised by Karl Popper in '45.  If we tolerate the intorelant (in this case the far-right fascists on the rise) then we risk seeing them take over and destroying a tolerant society.  In order for a tolerant society to thrive, intolerance needs to be combated.  Im pretty sure we're all in the same boat in regarding Nazis being bad and dont think they have a place in a modern society.

An incredibly stupid theory that can be used to justify all manner of underhand political acts.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri May 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Samo wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Its the paradox of tolerance first theorised by Karl Popper in '45.  If we tolerate the intorelant (in this case the far-right fascists on the rise) then we risk seeing them take over and destroying a tolerant society.  In order for a tolerant society to thrive, intolerance needs to be combated.  Im pretty sure we're all in the same boat in regarding Nazis being bad and dont think they have a place in a modern society.

An incredibly stupid theory that can be used to justify all manner of underhand political acts.

Yeah I suppose you're right. Best just leave the Nazi's to do what they want, because thats worked in the past and never lead to anything bad before.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri May 03, 2019 12:44 pm

Samo wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Samo wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yeah I suppose you're right.  Best just leave the Nazi's to do what they want, because thats worked in the past and never lead to anything bad before.

If you think Tommy Robinson is a Nazi, you don't know what a Nazi is, and need to educate yourself.

(Sorry, Dolph. I'll put Samo on ignore and leave it there)

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Just had a glance at the BBC webpage...

Just over half counted...

Con... -565
Lab... -77
Lib... +366
Green +69

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri May 03, 2019 1:36 pm

Remain parties doing very well, then.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Lib Dems held all these seats before the coalition...

Perhaps people are moving on from the Con/Lib pact......Brexit is certainly a factor....

But considering the Brexit Party are cleaning up in 3 weeks hard to tell where we are..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Look, I’m most annoyed by the apostrophe added in “Nazi’s” - plurals don’t need apostrophes, please.

Delighted for the Lib Dems (now that’s one you could pick and choose your feelings on with the apostrophe) as I always felt they could shafted by the coalition stuff and were used and played in a game they didn’t understand.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri May 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Look, I’m most annoyed by the apostrophe added in “Nazi’s” - plurals don’t need apostrophes, please.

Delighted for the Lib Dems (now that’s one you could pick and choose your feelings on with the apostrophe) as I always felt they could shafted by the coalition stuff and were used and played in a game they didn’t understand.

I think the problem is that Clegg and the LDs in Parliament did understand the game, and knew they had to pick their battles. The problems were that they made a bad choice with the tuition fees policy (given their strength in the University towns), and that the electorate didn't understand what power a minor party in a coalition does or doesn't have.

Perhaps this good performance can finally reverse their decline - in a way it should be quite easy: roughly half the country voted remain and they are the most established national party that has firmly nailed their colours to the mast in that regard.

The two main parties are in a mess at the moment - Conservatives with a Brexit majority amongst their members and a very loud section of their MPs but a 'kind of remain' leader and enough MPs who realise that a no deal Brexit is a short term economic catastrophe and loses them the next GE, while Labour have a leader that really wants out of the EU but a remain membership and rump of the PLP. Both leaderships stuck with a 'Brexit-lite' position that very few really believe in and political arithmetic that leaves them in a dead end. Oh, and virtually no discussion of any other policies...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next