The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations round 4 Scotland vs Wales

+50
lostinwales
Shifty
Scottrf
Heaf
carpet baboon
Duty281
TightHEAD
BlueNote
funnyExiledScot
sensisball
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Mad for Chelsea
reallybored
cakeordeath
Afro
Collapse2005
Tattie Scones RRN
Luckless Pedestrian
No9
Noble-Surfer
NeilyBroon
TJ
LondonTiger
Pal Joey
No 7&1/2
Pie
bsando
robbo277
Tramptastic
Hazel Sapling
Ricardo74
George Carlin
munkian
WELL-PAST-IT
jimbopip
EnglishReign
EWT Spoons
EST
rodders
Eejit
RDW
LordDowlais
RiscaGame
tigertattie
mikey_dragon
SecretFly
majesticimperialman
BigGee
maestegmafia
54 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Six Nations round 4 Scotland vs Wales - Page 3 Empty Six Nations round 4 Scotland vs Wales

Post by maestegmafia Sun 24 Feb 2019, 7:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sat, 9 Mar, 14:15
Murrayfield Stadium

Scotland.

Kinghorn, Seymour, Grigg, Graham, Horne, Russell, Price; Dell, McInally, Nel, Gilchrist, Gray, Bradbury, Strauss, Ritchie.

Reps: Brown, Reid, Berghan, Toolis, Watson, Laidlaw, Hastings, McGuigan

Wales.

Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans., Ken Owens, Tomas Francis; Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones; Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty.

Reps: Elliot Dee, Nicky Smith, Dillon Lewis, Jake Ball, Aaron Wainwright, Aled Davies, Dan Biggar, Owen Watkin.

Referee Pascal Gauzere (France)
Assistant Luke Pearce (England)
Assistant Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
TMO Marius Jonker (South Africa)

Scotland v Wales is on BBC One

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Six Nations round 4 Scotland vs Wales - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Nations round 4 Scotland vs Wales

Post by jimbopip Wed 27 Feb 2019, 2:06 pm

maestegmafia wrote:I’m hoping that the team will want to open up and score tries to try and get some points in the bag rather than just trying to get a win.

Should make an entertaining match from both teams perspective if wales do try to run the ball more.

The thing is maes, Gatland is very much a systems man who has pretty much patented the way to beat a Gregor Townsend side: in the opening exchanges kick deep into their territory, chase vigorously, put lots of pressure on the tackle area without giving away any penalties, then when the opposition get sloppy and concede a penalty take the three points, if they kick to relieve pressure kick back onto their territory and start again. Once you are 9 points ahead let them have all the ball they want, do not compete at the breakdown, keep your defensive line well stocked and allow them to play laterally in front of it, be patient they will get bored quickly and start "running around with their hair on fire", at which point the game is up.

We can argue about selection and personnel all day on here but; Wales will play Gatlandball and Scotland will play; (a) beautiful rugby, which Bennet and Edwards would recognise, (b) high-tempo heads-up Super Rugby on steroids (c) stupid rugby (d) Jenga in the dressing room pre-match against the Red Hot Chilli Pipers in the hope that one Scottish side  wins something. Delete as appropriate

and, of course

(e) all of the above.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Six Nations round 4 Scotland vs Wales - Page 3 Empty Re: Six Nations round 4 Scotland vs Wales

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 4:51 pm

Not sure what game Wales played last 6 Nations against Scotland then? Couldn’t call that Gatlandball. Even AWJ was making line breaks! It was like the Harlem Globe Trotters at times (ok, maybe not. But they were running about like a 70’s Wales tribute team Smile ).

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 27 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm

The Oracle wrote:This is going be a tough tough ask for Wales. We struggled against France and a bit of luck (some of it due to our own pressure and skill, admittedly) saw us home. Struggled a little against Italy too. And then obviously the England game was a great result - but at home v England it ALWAYS gives us an extra 20% or so in the tank - that mixture of passion, fire, determination, anger - whatever it is that allows us to go up a notch against England. But it’s only against England that we are able to experience that. We won’t have that extra 20% boost against Scotland. No offence to Scotland, but it’s not the game that boils the blood in the same way as England. I think Scotland experience this too when they play England at home, and last year’s fixture is a good example of that where they were able to have a turbo boost and beat them convincingly.

The last game against England was like our World Cup final, sadly. So I think we may see Wales return to the stuttering performances we saw in the first two games. And Scotland at home will be tougher than France and Italy, for me. We struggled with France’s backs who ran a lot. England decided not to play that sort of game and kicked a lot and we were a match for that luckily. With Scotland we’ll be back to a team of excellent backs looking to run it a lot and they’ll create lots of chances. This will be tough.

Not looking forward to this at all!

Your narrow-minded view of rugby represents just you, thankfully. The rest of us fans have greater aspirations as do the team.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:02 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
The Oracle wrote:This is going be a tough tough ask for Wales. We struggled against France and a bit of luck (some of it due to our own pressure and skill, admittedly) saw us home. Struggled a little against Italy too. And then obviously the England game was a great result - but at home v England it ALWAYS gives us an extra 20% or so in the tank - that mixture of passion, fire, determination, anger - whatever it is that allows us to go up a notch against England. But it’s only against England that we are able to experience that. We won’t have that extra 20% boost against Scotland. No offence to Scotland, but it’s not the game that boils the blood in the same way as England. I think Scotland experience this too when they play England at home, and last year’s fixture is a good example of that where they were able to have a turbo boost and beat them convincingly.

The last game against England was like our World Cup final, sadly. So I think we may see Wales return to the stuttering performances we saw in the first two games. And Scotland at home will be tougher than France and Italy, for me. We struggled with France’s backs who ran a lot. England decided not to play that sort of game and kicked a lot and we were a match for that luckily. With Scotland we’ll be back to a team of excellent backs looking to run it a lot and they’ll create lots of chances. This will be tough.

Your narrow-minded view of rugby represents just you, thankfully. The rest of us fans have greater aspirations as do the team.  

How can you think that view represents me when I said ‘sadly’ after it? Back to school for you laddie!

Anyway, try not to stink up another thread Michael. This one is going just nicely thanks. Try not to get it locked, cheers.

(Note to self - must stop pressing ‘Display This Post’ for people I have on ignore)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:11 pm

The Oracle wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

How can you think that view represents me when I said ‘sadly’ after it?  Back to school for you laddie!

Anyway, try not to stink up another thread Michael. This one is going just nicely thanks. Try not to get it locked, cheers.

(Note to self - must stop pressing ‘Display This Post’ for people I have on ignore)

Because you’re the one saying it was Wales’ World Cup final when it wasn’t Rolling Eyes jeez talk about stating the obvious. It was a 6N fixture, an important one at that but the next two are now more important. Such a narrow minded view and I’m glad it doesn’t represent me.

Haha now don’t get all salty as you might end up on the naught step again; posting profanities, complaining about my replies, editing out said profanities - a cowardly act too. Bye bye (again, if you know what I mean) Wink

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:12 pm

To be honest I do not see England as our world cup final, not in the slightest, and I find disingenuous for you to say it.

The Ireland fixture as of late holds much more prevelence for me these days. England are our rivals, but they are not the be all and end all.

All the home nations are a massive fixture.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:13 pm

If you think Wales will ‘get up’ for Scotland in exactly the same way as we ‘get up’ for England at home then that’s your view and you’re entitled to it. I think differently. That’s what I meant by World Cup final.

Take care anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:14 pm

Both of my ignore list people are on! Two peas in a pod! Mikey and LD! The only two on my list - take a bow gents.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:To be honest I do not see England as our world cup final, not in the slightest, and I find disingenuous for you to say it.

The Ireland fixture as of late holds much more prevelence for me these days. England are our rivals, but they are not the be all and end all.

All the home nations are a massive fixture.

Have to agree with LD here. Ireland are certainly huge rivals for us now, probably on par with England. As it stands the next two fixtures (Scotland and Ireland) are more important than the previous; although I don’t tend to rank 6N fixtures as more or less important until it gets to this stage.

I’m confident that we can win the next fixture, I mean Scotland don’t have any players as good as AWJ do they?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:16 pm

Oh dear look at that, screaming for attention from LD and mikey. Pathetic behaviour after someone disagrees with them laughing

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:19 pm

Mikey - enough. This thread has gone 3 pages in good humour, decent posts and no sign of arguing from anyone. You then come along this afternoon and within a few posts have completely dragged the thread down.

We get you and Oracle don't get on - it stops from here though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:21 pm

If I'm on ignore, then why are you replying to me ?

P.S I'm allowed an opinion as much as you are. hey Ho.

Lets just talk rugby. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:23 pm

I was replying to Mikey, LD. Your post just got in between.

Sorry RDW - will do OK

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:28 pm

RDW wrote:Mikey - enough. This thread has gone 3 pages in good humour, decent posts and no sign of arguing from anyone. You then come along this afternoon and within a few posts have completely dragged the thread down.

We get you and Oracle don't get on - it stops from here though.

Uhhh yeah I merely disagreed with a statement as did others, the other poster got personal first, not I.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:31 pm

LordDowlais wrote:If I'm on ignore, then why are you replying to me ?

P.S I'm allowed an opinion as much as you are. hey Ho.

Lets just talk rugby. Very Happy

Speaking of rugby, we’ll likely have Beard starting with Ball on the bench. Those are good replacements but a shame we’re without Hill, very intelligent player and a good all-round game.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:53 pm

See,this is what I said when Scottish posters are great. Because none of this ever seems to happen on their threads...unless it involves 'outsiders'. Embarrassing, really.

In all honesty, Scotland could very easily have won that game in Paris. It was 'there' for the taking, so to speak, and I am surprised at just how naive/wasteful they were. Up until France's 4th try I still felt Scotland were well in the game and, 5 mins of 'clicking', could retake the lead. But they didn't come close in the end. Some of that is luck, no doubt, and things like losing players, but some of it's mentality. Just plugging the corners against France can lead to huge rewards - not kicking down their (proper) 15s throat and watching him jink through the team.

French power ultimately dictated who won that game. If Wales turn up then, hopefully, that will decide this one, too. Oracle of course is completely correct when he talks about England and the extra motivation/performance - nothing contentious whatsover about that, but there we go. However LD has a point too about Ireland. The most 'intense' performances in this RWC cycle, for me, have been the home fixtures against England and Ireland in 2017: I'd expect that to be the case this year as well.

So on one hand, it's good news for Scotland, sandwiched between the two 'giant' fixtures that Gatland will have been planning for for a while, tactics wise etc. But it's bad news in that this is a fallow week and so Wales also have enough time to rest, recover, and actually get in the headspace for this game, rather than being thrust into the training week still 'hungover' from the week before. And Scotland aren't a huge step down from Eng and Ire - just that they're not quite 'there' yet. They don't have that consistent competitiveness. They don't have the bulk up front. They don't have the mentality that says we're at least your equals and can back that up with titles etc. But they are dangerous, not least in the way Russell runs the backline.

I rewatched the 2017 highlights and, as well as Scotland played, and deservedly battered Wales in the second-half, it was a fixture where Wales really did come close to winning. The 6 point swing in penalty goals before half-time; two 'almost' tries ruled out by the TMO. Already, Wales have had 4 'tries' chalked off by the TMO - arguably, both against France could have been awarded. Scotland look weaker now than they did 2 years ago and Wales have an more balanced looking side in my opinion. They've also evolved - many of the players who played that day, even from the bench, have been 'phased out': Roberts, Baldwin, Charteris etc. and some, like Sam Davies, have been outright replaced by better players.

For Scotland, the fact there's 2 weeks after France has to be a positive thing. They have to rip up what's gone before a little bit and try to 'reset' - just target this game, target Wales, have a real crack at them. Bring in new players, do something; try to inject the element of surprise a little bit, even if that means tightening up the way they play. The breakdown looks set to be a huge battle - Navidi and Tipuric v Ritchie and Watson, plus supporting cast. As Oracle says, Wales won't shy away from moving it wide against Scotland and there will be opportunities to isolate and turn them over. Might be a case of trying to do to Wales what they did to England last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 5:57 pm

Also, the most obvious thing to come from the England game was Parkes' lack of pace. Surely Scotland will be looking at that and thinking it's something to exploit. Still think there's a case for picking a fit Scott Williams at 12 in certain games, like this, but we might see Owen Watkin come in against Scotland as a kind of precursor for the Fiji game? Or maybe Gatland asks Parkes to show him what he can do against opposition similar to Australia? If he doesn't perform, then maybe we see Scott or Watkin leapfrog Hadleigh in Japan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 27 Feb 2019, 6:26 pm

Miaow, nationality is so fluid these days - just ask the Scottish national team (aka the League of Nations). If the gremlins are irritating you just start supporting Scotland.

N.B. Being a Scotland fan isn’t good for ones blood pressure

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:28 am

Miaow, as I'm sure you know Wales and Scotland have had some really really close fixtures over the past 3-4 years (apart from last years obviously). I'm hoping for something similar this year again but considering how weak Scotland looked in Paris I'm a bit nervous it'll be more of the same. As for the bulking up the pack problem, it is on the cusp of a solution IMO.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/scotland/scotland-analysis-gary-graham-and-blade-thomson-can-cure-headache-1-4814671

Graham looked very handy against France when he came on, he made some really good carries, check out his impact when he came on on bbciplayer. Thomson is already proven to be a performer for Scarlets so once injury free us Scottish fans are hoping he can fill the no.8 problem. He'd also suit he Scottish game plan very well unlike Strauss and Denton who are out and out ball carriers.

This would be my stab at the likely Scotland team for Wales.

Bradbury, Berghan, Horne out.

Seymour/D Graham swap, Ritchie/Graham swap.

Nel, Watson, R Gray, Russell back.

Dell
McInally
Nel
Gilchrist
Gray
Graham
Watson
Strauss
Laidlaw
Russell
Maitland
Johnson
Grigg
D Graham
Kinghorn

Brown, Allan, Fagerson, R Gray, Ritchie, Price, Hastings, Seymour

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:37 am

I think that would be exceptionally harsh on Ritchie, who has probably been one of our better players this tournament. I think he's more likely to move to 6 to accommodate Watson at 7.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:40 am

Yeah, as much as Graham had a few carries against France he's certainly not done enough to displace Ritchie who has been Scotland's player of the season so far.

I still think he's persist with Bradbury, who will benefit from more gametime before then.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:41 am

Bsando, there are a lot of exciting things about King Blarehorn's game but I think against Gatlandball sides he could be a liability. His reluctance to pass the ball once he's in his stride could lead to him being isolated and then turnovers or penalties. Mind you, I don't see too many alternatives at 15 at the moment.

Also, don't be shocked it we see a 10-12-13 of Dancer-Haircut-Smiling Sam.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:56 am

B*ollocks to an open and free flowing game, I'll take a 0 3 win.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 28 Feb 2019, 10:30 am

jimbopip wrote:Bsando, there are a lot of exciting things about King Blarehorn's game but I think against Gatlandball sides he could be a liability. His reluctance to pass the ball once he's in his stride could lead to him being isolated and then turnovers or penalties. Mind you, I don't see too many alternatives at 15 at the moment.

Also, don't be shocked it we see a 10-12-13 of Dancer-Haircut-Smiling Sam.

Haircut?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 28 Feb 2019, 10:38 am

maes, Haircut Hastings...his performances may be unpredictable but he is always well turned out.

Mind you, given that Wales will be big and powerful in the backs Toonie may decide to include Stafford McDowell in the 23.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 28 Feb 2019, 11:44 am

Nel and Watson are back for Edinburgh this weekend, which is absolutely massive for us.

Just pray to the ghost of Bill McLaren that they don't pick up any knocks.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 28 Feb 2019, 12:01 pm

jimbopip wrote:maes, Haircut Hastings...his performances may be unpredictable but he is always well turned out.

Mind you, given that Wales will be big and powerful in the backs Toonie may decide to include Stafford McDowell in the 23.

Yes very presentable chap.

Looked great last weekend

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 28 Feb 2019, 12:09 pm

Right, you know it's bad when I start feeling sorry for Welsh fans.

We do indeed seem to talk in almost a code which is baffling.

For our Cousins benefit here's a list of some players and their weird codes we've assigned to them that are in the current Scotland Squad

Forwards:

Allan Dell - Someone like you/Adelle
Grant Gilchrist - GG/Gilco
Gary Graham - Graham (macro) son of George
Jonny Gray - Ickle Jonny/Heir apparent to AWJ's lions spot
John Hardie - Crazy Horse
Murray McCallum - Not Cocker's man
Stuart McInally - Rambo
Willem Nel - WP
Jamie Ritchie - Wee Ritchie (not Ritchie Gray)
Josh Strauss - Bluto
Tim Swinson - Tiny Tim
Ben Toolis - Surfer Dude
Hamish Watson - The Mish or He who is nearly home
Ryan Wilson - Batman

Backs:

Chris Dean - Christine
Darcy Graham - Graham (Micro) son of Hawick
Sam Johnson - Smiling Sam
Chris Harris - Useless Falcon
Adam Hastings - Haircut
Stuart Hogg - Hoggy, 2x player of the year, first son of Hawick
George Horne - Wee Horne the faster/better
Pete Horne - Horne the lesser/shoiter
Rory Hughes - Rozza
Huw Jones - Shug
Lee Jones - The Selkirk Pixie
Blair Kinghorn - Sir Blairhorn
Greig Laidlaw - Froddo the Ponderous
Sean Maitland - No Maits
Stafford McDowall - Mr World Class
Ali Price - Aldi Price/Tanman
Henry Pyrgos - Henners Piecrust
Finn Russell - Dancer
Tommy Seymour - Tennessee Tam
Duncan Weir - Meatball / Break glass in case of emergency

Be thankful that we've finally got rid of such players/names as Squashed Goblin and The Venerable one

Updated to add players injured or called into the sqaud

Last edited by tigertattie on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 28 Feb 2019, 12:18 pm

Thanks

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 28 Feb 2019, 1:18 pm

George Carlin wrote:Nel and Watson are back for Edinburgh this weekend, which is absolutely massive for us.

This could finally be the week that we have a stronger squad than the previous match to choose from Yahoo

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 28 Feb 2019, 2:13 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Nel and Watson are back for Edinburgh this weekend, which is absolutely massive for us.

This could finally be the week that we have a stronger squad than the previous match to choose from  Yahoo

Same, we could have Faletau and halfpenny back Hug
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 28 Feb 2019, 3:25 pm

Tigettatie warning

Ritchie Gray is the Surfer Dude!

Or, with added caesura, Ritchie Gray is the Surfer, Dude!

p.s. Loved the micro/macro Grahams.

p.p.s. can't wait to see Batman and young Graham in the same back row: I think Graham was on the pitch all of 30 seconds before he started rammy with the French pack, last year Batman took on the English pack and Daddy's Boy before the band had started warming up for the anthems. If they appear in the same back row can we call them Batman and Robin?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 28 Feb 2019, 3:31 pm

Where's the Mish ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 28 Feb 2019, 3:32 pm

You're missing the best one of all - Meatball (Duncan Weir)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 28 Feb 2019, 3:35 pm

Faletau would be great

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 28 Feb 2019, 3:37 pm

jimbopip wrote:Tigettatie warning

Ritchie Gray is the Surfer Dude!

Or, with added caesura, Ritchie Gray is the Surfer, Dude!

p.s. Loved the micro/macro Grahams.

p.p.s. can't wait to see Batman and young Graham in the same back row: I think Graham was on the pitch all of 30 seconds before he started rammy with the French pack, last year Batman took on the English pack and Daddy's Boy before the band had started warming up for the anthems. If they appear in the same back row can we call them Batman and Robin?

No way. Toolis is Surfer Dude coz he's a former Ozzie.

Can't take creidt for the micro/macro Grahams. I want to say it was Eejit that came up with those ones but not sure.

Also I don't think we can play Batman and Macro together (I don't think Graham, son of George, would be happy to be a sidekick so can't call him Robin). It's like being in school. If you had one bad egg/naughty child/class clown, everyone would just go "Oh don't mind Wilson, he's just a bit naughty at times" but if you have two naughty boys, they egg each other on to the extent that they start to get really really naughty and before you know it, we've got two players rolling about in the advertising boards with the entire Welsh packl knocking lumps out of them and they end up being sent off!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 28 Feb 2019, 3:57 pm

Well, if they get the entire Welsh pack sent off...we might get a draw.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 28 Feb 2019, 4:11 pm

jimbopip wrote:Well, if they get the entire Welsh pack sent off...we might get a draw.

come on Jimbo, you know we don't get any luck off the refs! What would happen would Batman and Macro will be sent off for being naughty, the ref will pull AWJ over and say that it wasn't a fair fight as Batman has too much experience meeting folk "aff the bus" so the Welsh pack are given "a stern word" from AWJ about not doing it again.

The game would then continue and Jiffy will continue bringing up the affair and the Welsh pack have now been rattled due to the victimisation they suffered at the hands of two Scottish thugs and that they're now not proving enough of a platform to A) allow the welsh standoff to get MOTM and B) is putting serious risk to allowing Jiffy the opportunity to shout "It's on, it's on" and "Numbers numbers" when a Welsh overlap emerges.

It will also result in Andy Nicol calling for an independent review panel to be convened to discuss why Scotland are having to play against insurmountable odds. He'll go on to say "the building blocks of a world class team are there" but we're just not getting any help from the refs, world rugby, the media and Kim Jong Un.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 28 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

jimbopip wrote:Well, if they get the entire Welsh pack sent off...we might get a draw.

Too much Edinburgh is the problem Jimbo. Natural born losers, the Eastcoasters are. Anyway, it's the backs that's the issue - we're making it competitive by not playing Messiah 2.0, Robbie of Nairn and Kyle Steyn (nickname tbc).

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 28 Feb 2019, 5:16 pm

Eejit wrote:

Too much Edinburgh is the problem Jimbo. Natural born losers, the Eastcoasters are. Anyway, it's the backs that's the issue - we're making it competitive by not playing Messiah 2.0, Robbie of Nairn and Kyle Steyn (nickname tbc).

Wrong again Eejit (by name and nature drumroll )

The forwards are giving the backs the platform but the backs then going side to side and either chucking a forward pass or dropping the ball. Biggest offeders being:

For forward passes:
Horne of Glasgow
Price of Glasgow
Johnson of Glasgow
Grigg of Glasgow

For dropping the ball
Seymour of Glasgow
Maitland (formerly of Glasgow)
Kinghorn of Edinburgh (but he was infected by the Glasgow boys)

So yeah, it's all Glasgow's fault

PS. Kyle Steyn needs to be called Curry, red wine or grass surely?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 28 Feb 2019, 7:45 pm

Seaman Steyn, Shocked

Now, for our Welsh brethren who look at our nicknames with as much reverence and wonder as a nun leafing through a signed first edition of L'Histoire D'O that is how the Scottish players acquire their esoteric sobriquets. We pay attention to what the previous poster drooled and then add our own dribble to it. S'easypeasy.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm

Do these names exist solely on 606? If you go to Murrayfield and ask whether Frodo should still be Scottish captain, what would the response be...?

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 28 Feb 2019, 10:08 pm

miaow wrote:Do these names exist solely on 606? If you go to Murrayfield and ask whether Frodo should still be Scottish captain, what would the response be...?

utter bewilderment, unless it just happened to be a regular member of 606 that you bumped into!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 28 Feb 2019, 10:16 pm

I'm not sure about that miaow , but at Welford Road after Glasgow thumped the Tigers 43-0 Bru and I had a shandy or two and I bumped into Gordon Reid, Glasgow and Scotland prop, "Hey Shrek!!" was my way of greeting him. Apparently it's only people on here who find that a term of endearment.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 28 Feb 2019, 10:35 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47400653

Not the best timing for this to be happening.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 28 Feb 2019, 11:36 pm

RDW wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47400653

Not the best timing for this to be happening.

It’s been a dark time for the regions, hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel is not the train

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 11:39 pm

Eejit wrote:Miaow, nationality is so fluid these days - just ask the Scottish national team (aka the League of Nations). If the gremlins are irritating you just start supporting Scotland.

N.B. Being a Scotland fan isn’t good for ones blood pressure

Missed this one.

I'd love to. I've got strong links to Scotland involving not visiting any relatives there in Summer...and...erm...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 01 Mar 2019, 9:24 am

BigGee wrote:
miaow wrote:Do these names exist solely on 606? If you go to Murrayfield and ask whether Frodo should still be Scottish captain, what would the response be...?

utter bewilderment, unless it just happened to be a regular member of 606 that you bumped into!

Not necessarily

Two reasons.

1. Some of the names have come with the player's as they've come onto the professional scene. AKA Stuart McInally is genuinely called Rambo by his Edinburgh Teammates. Nel does indeed get call WP (but that’s a straightforward one)

2. Some of the names we bestow on the players actually break through the constraints of 606v2 and into the "real" world (often through 606ers posting on other social media platforms) and the names end up sticking. For example, I'm pretty sure Dancer has been called Dancer from time to time.

What we need is for our Welsh Cousins to actively encourage the use of these names whenever they attend matches involving the Scottish players.

This would be most helpful Hug

And Jimbo! Steyn! Really!!! You just had to go there!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 01 Mar 2019, 12:07 pm

tigertattie wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Not necessarily

Two reasons.

1. Some of the names have come with the player's as they've come onto the professional scene. AKA Stuart McInally is genuinely called Rambo by his Edinburgh Teammates. Nel does indeed get call WP (but that’s a straightforward one)

2. Some of the names we bestow on the players actually break through the constraints of 606v2 and into the "real" world (often through 606ers posting on other social media platforms) and the names end up sticking. For example, I'm pretty sure Dancer has been called Dancer from time to time.

What we need is for our Welsh Cousins to actively encourage the use of these names whenever they attend matches involving the Scottish players.

This would be most helpful Hug

And Jimbo! Steyn! Really!!! You just had to go there!!!

Will print out the list and see if I can get a few shouted out at a match.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 01 Mar 2019, 12:10 pm

The following 10 Welsh Squad players have been released to their regions for the weekend.

Scarlets - Wyn Jones, Ryan Elias, Rhys Patchell, Steff Evans, Leigh Halfpenny

Dragons - Leon Brown, Hallam Amos

Cardiff Blues - Seb Davies, Tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next