The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset

+28
TJ
munkian
tigertattie
wayne
Irish Londoner
VinceWLB
Stone Motif
exile jack
BamBam
maestegmafia
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete330v2
marty2086
Tramptastic
SecretFly
St John The Enforcer
RugbyFan100
Steffan
Kingshu
BigGee
RiscaGame
mikey_dragon
Eejit
LeinsterFan4life
Brendan
LondonTiger
LordDowlais
No9
32 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Which Region should be merged/disbanded.

Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_lcap15%Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_lcap10%Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_lcap45%Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]
Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_lcap30%Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 20

Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Empty Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset

Post by No9 Mon 25 Feb 2019, 1:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

So is the newly formed Professional Rugby Board (PRB) going to create stability in the Welsh Professional game or just be a stay of execution before the 4 regions get cut to 3 or even 2.

We don't have the funds in Wales to maintain the existing professional sides, but the problem is, cut one and that wont mean the remaining 3 get more revenue, as supporters and fans of a region will not simply support another is theirs are disbanded, as proved when they disbanded the Celtic Warriors.

I hate the fact, but we don't have the funds to keep professional rugby in Wales, and I foresee the demise of it looming.. Sad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47348518?isBumped=0&postFreq=0&isEmpty=0&isProfane=0&tooLong=0&charCount=0&isAwaitingProcessPreMod=0&isSubmitted=1&filter=none&initial_page_size=10&postId=133850859#comment_133850859

I love the comment "He admitted an Ospreys merger with Cardiff Blues had been among the options explored in high-level Welsh rugby talks"... what Muppet thought that was going to work Erm

Thoughts....

Its all off again... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47461662

Lets hope thats the last we hear of this rubbish until the 6 Nations is over at least...

Last edited by No9 on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

No9

Back to top Go down

Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Empty Re: Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset

Post by munkian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:37 pm

Didn't the WRU buy us out rather than 'bail us' out ?

They bailed out all the other regions mind.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset - Page 6 Empty Re: Professional Rugby Board (PRB) ? / Project Reset

Post by wayne Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:39 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:See, none of you can put a structured debate together, it's the usual members. Just start taking the p!ss as usual.

Stone Motif wrote:The three mentioned have an asset against which investment can be secured. Ospreys don't.

Above is a statement that Stone Motif made. It is false, I called him out on it, then marty took his chance as per usual to hump the leg of anyone who would disagree with me.

So again, I will ask the question, what assets do the the other three regions have that an investment can be secured against, and Ospreys do not have ?

Are any of you two going to answer that question or are you going to hide behind taking the p!ss ?

And again, the answer is that WRU investment would have been covered by the ground, same as Dave Parade. Cardiff didn't take that option as Newport RFC did. They could have, hence there was a prize piece of real estate that could have been leveraged to secure your 'WRU bailout'.  They'd have not got this deal out of Swansea Council and a covenant including a tenant paying £300k over 37 years is worth a sight more than it would cost to set up a region in North Wales.

Cardiff Blues do not have that bargaining power, the land is owned by Cardiff Athletic Club

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:42 pm

munkian wrote:Didn't the WRU buy us out rather than 'bail us' out ?

When did they bail us (Ospreys) out, I really mean Ospreys not either of our original members (Swansea or Neath)

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:43 pm

It's not the Dragons' fault that the Ospreys have lived beyond their means.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:44 pm

No9 wrote:
munkian wrote:Didn't the WRU buy us out rather than 'bail us' out ?

Boils down to the same thing. If they hadnt "bought" the Dragons, they would have gone under.

Pity really, if they had, like in nature, let the weakest die, then they may have had their North Wales region by now.

Riiiight.

Except there are big differences between buying a club and gaining its assets and just chucking more money at them for no reward.

So Ospreys, who haven't won anything since 2012 despite having a bigger budget and squad than the Dragons, go into massive debt, yet we, who are spending within our means, should be chucked under the bus ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:45 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's not the Dragons' fault that the Ospreys have lived beyond their means.

There is that I suppose.

But what about the malarky when the WRU bought half of the business for a quid ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:And again, the answer is that WRU investment would have been covered by the ground, same as Dave Parade. Cardiff didn't take that option as Newport RFC did. They could have, hence there was a prize piece of real estate that could have been leveraged to secure your 'WRU bailout'. They'd have not got this deal out of Swansea Council and a covenant including a tenant paying £300k over 37 years is worth a sight more than it would cost to set up a region in North Wales.

God, are you sure your'e in the business you say you are ? I would never take any advice from you.

Cardiff Blues do not own any land, so how can they secure anything, against something they do not own ?

Says the bloke selling carpets to people without houses...

I will try on least time.for the terminally thick.

No9 raised the point about WRU bailouts.

The WRU 'bailouts' (his words) have been against assets.

Not unusual for any investor, but I digress.

If the WRU had invested in pro rugby in Cardiff they would have done so through purchasing the Arms Park (same as they did with RP).

They don't have that option in Swansea. Their strategy is clearly to ensure, as far as possible, that they own the grounds pro rugby is being played at before they spend a penny.

See? I know what I'm talking about, you stick ton writing your sh1tty articles Andy. Maybe you could do one about how all this is the Ospreys own doing.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:48 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Still no answer then marty ? Oh well. Never mind. Let's just let this go shall we ?

An answer to what exactly?

So no question just another attempt to discredit by making false claims

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:48 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:See, none of you can put a structured debate together, it's the usual members. Just start taking the p!ss as usual.

Stone Motif wrote:The three mentioned have an asset against which investment can be secured. Ospreys don't.

Above is a statement that Stone Motif made. It is false, I called him out on it, then marty took his chance as per usual to hump the leg of anyone who would disagree with me.

So again, I will ask the question, what assets do the the other three regions have that an investment can be secured against, and Ospreys do not have ?

Are any of you two going to answer that question or are you going to hide behind taking the p!ss ?

And again, the answer is that WRU investment would have been covered by the ground, same as Dave Parade. Cardiff didn't take that option as Newport RFC did. They could have, hence there was a prize piece of real estate that could have been leveraged to secure your 'WRU bailout'.  They'd have not got this deal out of Swansea Council and a covenant including a tenant paying £300k over 37 years is worth a sight more than it would cost to set up a region in North Wales.

Cardiff Blues do not have that bargaining power, the land is owned by Cardiff Athletic Club

Newport Gwent Dragons do not have that bargaining power,he land is owned by....
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:50 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's not the Dragons' fault that the Ospreys have lived beyond their means.

There is that I suppose.

But what about the malarky when the WRU bought half of the business for a quid ?

Then they bought the stadium
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:57 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

That was when Ebbw Vale left the merger wasn’t it? Because the WRU wouldn’t let another region stand alone, so they came in as the other half of the merger, but refused to be an active partner and left it all to the Newport half.

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:59 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Newport RFC had to agree to it, Cardiff Athletic Club will NOT (this is for you Bam Bam) Cardiff Blues have no call on Cardiff Arms Park

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:00 pm

The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

That was when Ebbw Vale left the merger wasn’t it? Because the WRU wouldn’t let another region stand alone, so they came in as the other half of the merger, but refused to be an active partner and left it all to the Newport half.

Because the business share wasn't enough security against investment...
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:01 pm

The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

Yes, Ebbw jumped ship, because the fans would not support a team with Newport in the name, without the WRU's intervention Dragons would have been no more, so I guess it was a bail out of sorts.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:02 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Newport RFC had to agree to it, Cardiff Athletic Club will NOT (this is for you Bam Bam) Cardiff Blues have no call on Cardiff Arms Park
EXACTLY what I said, doofuss. You should have done something productive during your hiatus like learning to read.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:04 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

Yes, Ebbw jumped ship, because the fans would not support a team with Newport in the name, without the WRU's intervention Dragons would have been no more, so I guess it was a bail out of sorts.

Newport wasn't meant to be in the name. The Gwent Dragons were meant to be a merger. My understanding is that when Ebbw Vale pulled out and left Newport to it, Tony Brown insisted that Newport be added. And fair enough, given the circumstances.

I feel sorry for supporters from other countries on these boards who read opinion presented as fact, and may well not know that it's merely opinion.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:04 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

wayne, for somebody who claims they are in the business he is not very clued up is he ?

The difference is, the owner of Newport RFC was running Dragons, that's why he agreed to it. CAC do not hold any ties to Cardiff Blues, they are just the landlord. They could just as easy kick them out of there if they wanted.

For whatever reason, he is dancing around that one fundamental fact. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:05 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

Newport wasn't meant to be in the name. The Gwent Dragons were meant to be a merger. When Ebbw Vale pulled out and left Newport to it, Tony Brown insisted that Newport be added. And fair enough, given the circumstances.

It was still a bail out.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:09 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

EXACTLY what I said, doofuss. You should have done something productive during your hiatus like learning to read.
So Cardiff Blues have no assets CONTRARY to what you said, they are exactly the same as the Ospreys, you're the one that needs to be able to read and comprehend.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:11 pm

IMO the welsh need to follow the scots / irish model - directly owned regions under union control.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:12 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

Newport wasn't meant to be in the name. The Gwent Dragons were meant to be a merger. When Ebbw Vale pulled out and left Newport to it, Tony Brown insisted that Newport be added. And fair enough, given the circumstances.

It was still a bail out.

The WRU stepping in because Ebbw Vale pulled out is somehow Newport's fault. Go f*cking figure Rolling Eyes

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:12 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

wayne, for somebody who claims they are in the business he is not very clued up is he ?

The difference is, the owner of Newport RFC was running Dragons, that's why he agreed to it. CAC do not hold any ties to Cardiff Blues, they are just the landlord. They could just as easy kick them out of there if they wanted.

For whatever reason, he is dancing around that one fundamental fact. Rolling Eyes
What else do you expect from a lavatory attendant Lord

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:13 pm

As an outsider a suggestion.

Forget the past, forget who won what, who has produced players and who has not.
Basically disregard how the 5 regions (including Warriors) were/are run

Look to the future, objectively what locations are best suited to enhance Welsh rugby going forward.
Where are the traditions of support, where are the best grounds (ownership being key), what locations have the best concentrations of population
(raw numbers in a area are not of themselves the best guide) - take into account transport options

Last edited by geoff999rugby on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:13 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

There's the ticket thumbsup

Now all you're missing is some "quotes" from players you pretend to be on first name terms with like Alun and Justin, that ticks off the bingo card

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

How would a similar bailout help the Ospreys?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:15 pm

I know this is an emotive subject but please stick to arguing the point and eliminate the name calling.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:20 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Don't go running to your equally thick mate Andy.

Irrelevant to the point I'm making.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:20 pm

Stone Motif wrote:How would a similar bailout help the Ospreys?

Well, they would not have to merge with anyone for a start.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:21 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

So Cardiff Blues have no assets CONTRARY to what you said, they are exactly the same as the Ospreys, you're the one that needs to be able to read and comprehend.

Are Cardiff RFC not part of owners of the Blues?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:21 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:How would a similar bailout help the Ospreys?

Well, they would not have to merge with anyone for a start.

Then why did they ask for a merger and not a bail out?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:21 pm

wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Not what I said at all - there was an asset against any proposed investment by the WRU into CAC which would have directly helped the Blues
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:22 pm

Stone Motif wrote:Irrelevant to the point I'm making.

Only in your warped mind. Rolling Eyes

The point you are trying to make is nonsense, just as is merging the two best teams in Wales, and leaving the two abject failures carry on.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:22 pm

TJ wrote:IMO the welsh need to follow the scots / irish model - directly owned regions under union control.

TJ, if this grab takes place the WRU will own 371/2% of the Welsh Regions who got them out of the proverbial at the start of Regional Rugby, I would not mind betting within 10 to 15 years they will have double that amount. There are proper Rugby and Intelligent men within the 2 you mention. That is not the same in our country.

You only have to look at the way they initiated this process, which others have shown in a Football part of the country with very little Rugby expertise as I put in my initial post. It is a ridiculous concept at this time.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:23 pm

marty2086 wrote:Are Cardiff RFC not part of owners of the Blues?

No.

Also, I do not know what difference that would make, they do not own the Arms Park either.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

It was still a bail out.

Not in the slightest. Tony Brown was more than happy to carry on, wanted to carry on, on his own. So how is that a bail out? The WRU interjected to protect their regional system based on mergers. They didn’t want 3 stand alone regions, in effect, and 1 merged region (Ospreys). The Dragons were not in financial difficulty.

A bailout is surely when a club or region is about to go bust/bankrupt and only a union intervention will stop that from happening.

Says it all that you’re absolutely desperate to find some wrong doing or financial weakness with which to beat the Dragons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Irrelevant to the point I'm making.

Only in your warped mind. Rolling Eyes

The point you are trying to make is nonsense, just as is merging the two best teams in Wales, and leaving the two abject failures carry on.

Take that up with the Ospreys Dowlais, it sounds like it was their idea.

Seriously, I don't know what's caused you to have a problem with all things Newport, but it's clouding your judgement.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:31 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Are Cardiff RFC not part of owners of the Blues?

No.

Also, I do not know what difference that would make, they do not own the Arms Park either.

They're not shareholders then?

And CAP is owned by Cardiff Athletic Club isn't it?

Who own Cardiff Rugby Club?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:32 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Not what I said at all - there was an asset against any proposed investment by the WRU into CAC which would have directly helped the Blues

Are you for real, how many years have the WRU been trying to buy the carbuncle off CAC, they are not interested, you're squirming and can't justify your point. Give it up FFS
Cardiff Blues are exactly the same as the Ospreys. You really need to go and see someone about your hatred for TOTR. I really wonder what someone within our organisation has done to you, for you to be in this state of mind.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:35 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Seriously, I don't know what's caused you to have a problem with all things Newport, but it's clouding your judgement.

Why are you making this personal ?

I have nothing against Newport. I have a problem with disbanding a team that has done a lot for Welsh rugby and keeping teams that have done a lot less.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:35 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:And again, the answer is that WRU investment would have been covered by the ground, same as Dave Parade. Cardiff didn't take that option as Newport RFC did. They could have, hence there was a prize piece of real estate that could have been leveraged to secure your 'WRU bailout'. They'd have not got this deal out of Swansea Council and a covenant including a tenant paying £300k over 37 years is worth a sight more than it would cost to set up a region in North Wales.

God, are you sure your'e in the business you say you are ? I would never take any advice from you.

Cardiff Blues do not own any land, so how can they secure anything, against something they do not own ?

Says the bloke selling carpets to people without houses...

I will try on least time.for the terminally thick.

No9 raised the point about WRU bailouts.

The WRU 'bailouts' (his words) have been against assets.

Not unusual for any investor, but I digress.

If the WRU had invested in pro rugby in Cardiff they would have done so through purchasing the Arms Park (same as they did with RP).

They don't have that option in Swansea. Their strategy is clearly to ensure, as far as possible, that they own the grounds pro rugby is being played at before they spend a penny.

See? I know what I'm talking about, you stick ton writing your sh1tty articles Andy. Maybe you could do one about how all this is the Ospreys own doing.

Shareholders vote in favour WRU takeover of Newport Gwent Dragons - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39855860

Newport Gwent Dragons chief executive Stuart Davies, a former Wales back-row forward, had previously warned a 'no' vote could lead to liquidation for the club and region, and the end of 140 years of rugby at Rodney Parade.

Wasnt that a bailout.... If not, Stuart Davies said the Dragons would go under.

And this isnt back to 2003 as other posts refer to... Its last year.

So lets get off this high horse that the Dragons have managed their finances properly. Its just they where the first to go so near to going bust, hence bought/bailed out by the WRU.

As for other comments, as others have said, Blues dont own the ground, so how they can use that as an asset is beyond me. And if they did, it would be fraud.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:38 pm

Come on now No9, now you are making him look even sillier. This is not on. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Seriously, I don't know what's caused you to have a problem with all things Newport, but it's clouding your judgement.

Why are you making this personal ?

I have nothing against Newport. I have a problem with disbanding a team that has done a lot for Welsh rugby and keeping teams that have done a lot less.

But that's not the fault of the teams that have done less. It's not the Dragons' fault, and it's certainly not Dragons supporters' fault.

I'm still angry at you calling Newport a suburb of Cardiff. That was below the belt! boxing

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:41 pm

The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is that I suppose.

It was still a bail out.

Not in the slightest. Tony Brown was more than happy to carry on, wanted to carry on, on his own. So how is that a bail out? The WRU interjected to protect their regional system based on mergers. They didn’t want 3 stand alone regions, in effect, and 1 merged region (Ospreys). The Dragons were not in financial difficulty.

A bailout is surely when a club or region is about to go bust/bankrupt and only a union intervention will stop that from happening.

Says it all that you’re absolutely desperate to find some wrong doing or financial weakness with which to beat the Dragons.

and as I just posted... This is exactly what happened.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Come on now No9, now you are making him look even sillier. This is not on. Laugh

Didn't you demand an answer to a question then not state what the question was? Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:45 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm still angry at you calling Newport a suburb of Cardiff. That was below the belt!

I do apologise. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:46 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Come on now No9, now you are making him look even sillier. This is not on. Laugh

Didn't you demand an answer to a question then not state what the question was? Rolling Eyes

The question I asked was about what assets Cardiff Blues had, that Ospreys do not. You wouldn't answer, so rather than just prattle on, I decided it was best left alone.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:50 pm

Why don't Welsh rugby fans support their Regions by going to the games?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:51 pm

I voted to disband the Ospreys btw.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

The question I asked was about what assets Cardiff Blues had, that Ospreys do not. You wouldn't answer, so rather than just prattle on, I decided it was best left alone.

You mean the question I pointed out I couldn't answer because it was someone else who made the point? picard

So you kept demanding an answer to a question you knew I couldn't answer?

There's a word for people like you

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Mar 2019, 3:52 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Why don't Welsh rugby fans support their Regions by going to the games?

What would they have to complain about then? You can't complain it's dying by helping keep it going

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next