Anyone used a K-vest?

Go down

Anyone used a K-vest? Empty Anyone used a K-vest?

Post by JAS on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 10:45 am

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of lessons/coaching with a K-vest? My own pro doesn’t have one but the pro at the club closest to me and where I now do quite a bit of my range work is advertising sessions with it. I’m imagining it would be great I.e. understanding the actual body mechanics of the swing and identifying what changes might help and get instant feedback on whether and to what degree you are able to make the change.

I think trackman & GC2s and the like are great for giving feedback on your ball flight/trajectory and the useful spin offs such as gapping your various clubs and identifying your ideal clubs and ball. The K vest however looks like it could be the tool to really help you understand how you really swing the club.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Anyone used a K-vest? Empty Re: Anyone used a K-vest?

Post by dynamark on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:12 am

TBh Ive never heard of that before.I have an idea how it may help though.
I generally find I have no room for extra swing thoughts at present it is just 'follow through'

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:24 am

In the spirit of trying to learn through discussions rather than JFGI...

A what? Is it a vest from K Mart?

And somewhat more seriously based on my assumption it's like those things they use to record swings for the EA Sports games, is it just a vest or a full body suit?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:25 am

dynamark wrote:TBh Ive never heard of that before.I have an idea how it may help though.
I generally find I have no room for extra swing thoughts at present it is just 'follow through'

We have some pretty scary tee shots round our place, but none quite that severe Dyna Shocked

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:34 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:In the spirit of trying to learn through discussions rather than JFGI...

A what? Is it a vest from K Mart?

And somewhat more seriously based on my assumption it's like those things they use to record swings for the EA Sports games, is it just a vest or a full body suit?

When I saw the advert on the range, the first thing I did was JFGI to be fair. Yes there’s a wearable vest with sensors and a belt and also weight sensor pads etc so I’m imagining pretty much everything in your swing from weight distribution, hip turn, shoulder turn, swing plane, lag etc can all be tracked and illustrated/modelled.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 12:30 pm

All a bit tech for me, but I know people (and play with one) who would be all over it and mapping everything. (Well as long as he didn't have to pay for it!)

Funny thing is, particularly the guy I play with, they'd probably improve no end if they stepped away from the mechanics and just "played" - at least while in a competition. Mechanics are fine for the range or practising, as long as you are doing the right things to ingrain better mechanics of course.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 12:58 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:
dynamark wrote:TBh Ive never heard of that before.I have an idea how it may help though.

We have some pretty scary tee shots round our place, but none quite that severe Dyna Shocked
Laugh laughing
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 1:29 pm

Sounds horrendous. Stay clear JAS someone is just trying to pry your hard earned cash out your hands.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 2:41 pm

McLaren wrote:Sounds horrendous.  Stay clear JAS someone is just trying to pry your hard earned cash out your hands.

Eh? Nobody’s dragging me kicking and screaming into one, I quite fancy trying it, hence the question if anybody else had used it.

Tbh Mac it does seem to be the way coaching in general is going whether we appreciate it or not. The likes of Nicklaus, Watson, Trevino, Seve etc wouldn’t have touched it but I’d bet the likes of Rose, Koepka, DJ, Thomas, Rory etc use them all the time in their practice. But then again that’s Pros. For us ams, does it provide just enough information to totally trash our swings forever? Not sure but I think I’d like to try it and see.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 12:20 pm

Jas

I asked around and apparently this vest gives you the same if not more performance for less money than the K vest.

Vest:
Anyone used a K-vest? DiTdlMBWsAEIlhE
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum