Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 17:16

First topic message reminder :

I think its a done deal -no doubt he will be sat with the owner tonight
Villa should be a big big club remember going to cup semis there but probably need an owner willing to throw in some quick money .
No messing around in football these days from any of the owners.

dynamark

Posts : 1304
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 08:03

Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:I don’t particularly agree with the protest methods but they make some good points and some stupid ones.
Another stupid argument is to criticise someone who does everything they can, or as much as possible, to reduce their carbon footprint. To not be perfect doesn’t make you a hypocrite, if you listen to their arguments, certainly the arguments of many campaigners,  they are not all looking for a world with no fossil fuel usage, it’s about trying to minimise the impact. To point the finger and say you caught a bus, that uses fossil fuel, ignores the fact that might currently be the only method available and is much greener than driving your own car.


You mean like the guy interviewed on TV representing ER who said everyone should stop eating meat and that flights should be banned for everything other than emergencies, who was then revealed on his Instagram account to be constantly on foreign holidays. People like that Diggers?

This group wouldn't be so bad if their mad conspiracy claims weren't so ridiculous. I've heard cannibalism, flooded tube stations and everybody being dead in 20 years. That's not a rational way to make a point.


I wonder where John Snow is to comment on "never seeing so many white people".


This nutjob group ARE asking for a world with no fossil fuels. One of their main points is to reduce CO2 in UK to ZERO by 2025, it's on virtually all of their propaganda and signs,  not only is that completely unrealistic, it's completely impractical and shows just how little these idiots know about where their energy comes from.

They probably think that because they've signed up to a green energy supplier, that that is what they get through their sockets.

Funny, because I listen to a 20 minute interview with one of their leaders who was at the London protest. She got a pretty tough grilling but didn’t try to hide the fact that she’d taken public transport for the day, said the group weren’t about banning air travel, despite the press saying they where. The basic premise is that the public should have more control over policy, as happened with the Irish abortion campaign committee.
Sure, they have aspirational aims but seemed to me to be fully aware of what was realistic.
As the language being used, I wouldn’t call David Attenborough an idiot or a zealot, and he’s using the word catastrophe to describe the situation we are fast approaching.
As I say, I don’t particularly support either their aims or actions, but people who are pro climate change actions are not hypocrites for living in a world that currently requires the use of fossil fuels.

The issue is that these idiots are claiming that companies and governments are doing nothing. What nonsense. The UK is in the top 12 countries in the world for renewable energy use/production.

David Attenborough isn't part of ER, so that's a moot point, though he's also using hyperbolic alarmist terms like "catastrophe" and putting outrageous time frames like "12 years to save the world" into his diatribe.


I see they've been joined by the ultra hypocrite Emma Thompson, a person whose personal carbon footprint is probably at least 10x that of another normal person given how much she has to fly the world, but maybe she'll use the excuse that Di Caprio used " I flew commercial", as if that makes it ok.


I'm all for people taking action for "climate change", however, they have to stop spreading sensationalised nonsense.

Again, it wasn't the press saying that they want C02 reduced to zero, it's their own bloody plackards and signs AND their own representatives that they have put up for interview. I even heard one of their own founders make that claim, so stop trying to hide behind the hackneyed "fake news" or "Daily Mail" excuse, because all that their disjointed interviews show is that as a group, they aren't in line with one another.

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 08:07

dynamark wrote:I'm pretty sure if I turn up on Waterloo bridge on Tuesday and sit in the middle if the road Ill get moved on very quickly.Very light touch from the authourities.
I'm watching the BBC doc and I'm not seeing a lot the average UK individual can do about it that's not already being done.Population growth worldwide and increased demand plus removing forests is out of our control.
They just quoted that sea level had risen 200mm in the last 100 years I'm not sure who was counting but remember we had ice as far down as the midlands a few million years back.


Try 12,000 years Dyna. The ice age was very very recent, and it went further down than the Midlands too, pretty much all of Wales is a glaciated landscape.


SE England is also sinking as a result of the ice age due to the isostatic uplift of the north. Funny how they never talk about that in regards to sea level rise.

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 09:07

super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:I don’t particularly agree with the protest methods but they make some good points and some stupid ones.
Another stupid argument is to criticise someone who does everything they can, or as much as possible, to reduce their carbon footprint. To not be perfect doesn’t make you a hypocrite, if you listen to their arguments, certainly the arguments of many campaigners,  they are not all looking for a world with no fossil fuel usage, it’s about trying to minimise the impact. To point the finger and say you caught a bus, that uses fossil fuel, ignores the fact that might currently be the only method available and is much greener than driving your own car.


You mean like the guy interviewed on TV representing ER who said everyone should stop eating meat and that flights should be banned for everything other than emergencies, who was then revealed on his Instagram account to be constantly on foreign holidays. People like that Diggers?

This group wouldn't be so bad if their mad conspiracy claims weren't so ridiculous. I've heard cannibalism, flooded tube stations and everybody being dead in 20 years. That's not a rational way to make a point.


I wonder where John Snow is to comment on "never seeing so many white people".


This nutjob group ARE asking for a world with no fossil fuels. One of their main points is to reduce CO2 in UK to ZERO by 2025, it's on virtually all of their propaganda and signs,  not only is that completely unrealistic, it's completely impractical and shows just how little these idiots know about where their energy comes from.

They probably think that because they've signed up to a green energy supplier, that that is what they get through their sockets.

Funny, because I listen to a 20 minute interview with one of their leaders who was at the London protest. She got a pretty tough grilling but didn’t try to hide the fact that she’d taken public transport for the day, said the group weren’t about banning air travel, despite the press saying they where. The basic premise is that the public should have more control over policy, as happened with the Irish abortion campaign committee.
Sure, they have aspirational aims but seemed to me to be fully aware of what was realistic.
As the language being used, I wouldn’t call David Attenborough an idiot or a zealot, and he’s using the word catastrophe to describe the situation we are fast approaching.
As I say, I don’t particularly support either their aims or actions, but people who are pro climate change actions are not hypocrites for living in a world that currently requires the use of fossil fuels.

The issue is that these idiots are claiming that companies and governments are doing nothing. What nonsense. The UK is in the top 12 countries in the world for renewable energy use/production.

David Attenborough isn't part of ER, so that's a moot point, though he's also using hyperbolic alarmist terms like "catastrophe" and putting outrageous time frames like "12 years to save the world" into his diatribe.


I see they've been joined by the ultra hypocrite Emma Thompson, a person whose personal carbon footprint is probably at least 10x that of another normal person given how much she has to fly the world, but maybe she'll use the excuse that Di Caprio used " I flew commercial", as if that makes it ok.


I'm all for people taking action for "climate change", however, they have to stop spreading sensationalised nonsense.

Again, it wasn't the press saying that they want C02 reduced to zero, it's their own bloody plackards and signs AND their own representatives that they have put up for interview. I even heard one of their own founders make that claim, so stop trying to hide behind the hackneyed "fake news" or "Daily Mail" excuse, because all that their disjointed interviews show is that as a group, they aren't in line with one another.

Hmm, well I suppose they could always say that something extreme was going to happen, present something in such a way to really exaggerate your case...then, if the world doesn’t end, just say it wasn’t so bad in the first place! But you’d have to be very, very sad to do that.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 09:48

Carl Benjamin seems like a lovely bloke, still getting backed by the UKIP leader despite his “I wouldn’t even bother raping you” conment.
I can buy that initially you didn’t have to be a racist bigot to vote for UKIP, although clearly some of their voters where. But anyone still supporting them now has got some serious issues.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 10:07

Super

I think what people like you haven't quite grasped yet is that the language of someone like Attenborough isn't exaggerated and terms like catastrophe apply if nothing is done. And again the Uk being the top 12 of some wind farm installation list doesn't mean anything if the climate is still warming due to human behavior.

(and before we go any further, can I check that you accept human activity has caused increased climate warming?)
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13860
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 10:08

super_realist wrote:

I'm not an MA graduate either Mac.

I am sure you once made that claim?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13860
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 10:14

Diggers wrote:Carl Benjamin seems like a lovely bloke, still getting backed by the UKIP leader despite his “I wouldn’t even bother raping you” conment.
I can buy that initially you didn’t have to be a racist bigot to vote for UKIP, although clearly some of their voters where. But anyone still supporting them now has got some serious issues.

Careful Digs, that is one of Super's heros you are trash talking.  Sargon of akkad (as his acolytes call him) has been a huge inspiration to the really smart people that have seen through the woke bull sht.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13860
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 10:25

I see a woman was shot dead in Northern Ireland. Must have had it coming, people don’t just get shot.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 16:16

Digs you are asking for trouble if you turn up at a riot on the Cregan estate.
Super I must have missed that week in Geography class but the point is there 12000 years is just a blink of the eye in history and climate does alter..
Attenborough bless him does use the language of extremes and he has so much credit that people really do listen and take notice.BBC had a vested interest but therefore spent most of yesterday talking about it.
If population worldwide was a lot less we wouldn't have much of a problem but human kind in is charge and has to make the choices.Blocking the street on Waterloo bridge does naf all.

dynamark

Posts : 1304
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 16:38

It’s got a shed load of publicity, that’s for sure.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 17:00

Your turn Digs . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25156
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 17:12

Bloody last minute winners...

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 17:25

Nice to have the boot on our foot for a change. Toughie vs Cov on Monday though.
Good luck this afters.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25156
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 19:02

McLaren wrote:Super

I think what people like you haven't quite grasped yet is that the language of someone like Attenborough isn't exaggerated and terms like catastrophe apply if nothing is done.  And again the Uk being the top 12 of some wind farm installation list doesn't mean anything if the climate is still warming due to human behavior.

(and before we go any further, can I check that you accept human activity has caused increased climate warming?)


Mac, please explain the nature of this impending catastrophe. I've heard from ER that we'll be resorting to cannibalism, London will be under water and that the current generation of young people on the planet could be the last. Let's just take Europe for example, what could possibly happen climate wise which would threaten to wipe out our current population here within a generation? (by the way, Attenborough has probably been responsible for more aviation pollution than any other person in the UK with the exception of Judith Chalmers)

These claims are like the old nutjob who walks down Oxford Street in a Sandwich Board with "The End is Nigh" written on it. It's preposterous and is effectively a conspiracy theory.

Yes, the UK being a leader in renewable energy IS important, I didn't just mention windfarms, I distinctly mentioned renewables of ALL types because these liars are actively claiming the UK is doing NOTHING about it, when in fact it is at the forefront of renewable energy and reducing CO2.

For the record, yes, I agree that human activity has CONTRIBUTED to climate change, that's not necessarily the point, it's the absurd and fanciful claims this group are spouting as actual consequences that is concerning.  In human existence, the planet has been many degrees hotter and colder than it currently is, or is projected to be, and there hasn't been anything like the "extinction" events that these morons are claiming is about to befall us imminently.

Then you have hypocrites like Emma Thompson throwing her oar in. I don't know whether she "flew in" or not as claimed, but you can bet she has a larger carbon footprint than any one on this board for example. It's the idea that "you plebs need to make a difference, but I'll keep flying around the world, own lots of houses, cars, go on loads of holidays etc" that irks.


Last edited by super_realist on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 19:08; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 19:03

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I'm not an MA graduate either Mac.

I am sure you once made that claim?

MSc Mac, or MsC as Diggers like to call them.

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 19:10

Routine win for once, tough game on Monday. Kwini, am seeing the prospect of a draw for our match and Barnsley reaping the rewards.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 19:22

We're both in the position where our destiny is in each of our hands, can't ask for much more than that.
Barnsley with the easiest run in though, but think we have three of our final four at FP.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25156
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 11:50

Pep starting with Foden today, interesting. First time he’s really trusted him in a big match, hope he does well.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:08

Diggers wrote:Pep starting with Foden today, interesting. First time he’s really trusted him in a big match, hope he does well.

Really? I hope spurs pump them.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13860
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:11

Well, I’m not a United fan, Mac. Really just prefer the way City play to the Liverpool style, though Liverpool have had a fantastic season. I’ve bigged up Foden for a while so interested to see how he goes. As a United fan Id have thought you’d want a City win to keep up your top 4 chances.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:37

Nice start for the lad.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 13:15

I'll take our chances against arsenal and Chelsea.

I know all clubs have dodgy money but citehs is really dodgy.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13860
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 17:17

McLaren wrote:I'll take our chances against arsenal and Chelsea.

I know all clubs have dodgy money but citehs is really dodgy.

How is it dodgy Mac?

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 17:23

Fat Abbot cocking up again. What a disaster she is.

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 18:07

Being caught having a sneaky drink on the tube, which stacks of people do, is certainly not a vote loser. Probably have the reverse effect if anything.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 19:35

Anyone who has an issue with abbot having a drink on the train, tells me more about them then anything else.

beninho

Posts : 3599
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 10:51

I have to firstly admit I do not like(ie very much dislike) Abbott,Corbyn and McDonald also.
Why on earth would she think she can do what is against the rules on London transport .Wait till you get home and have a skinful in private.
Cant wait to have a drink shows a certain weakness.Please do not ever let that lady have any real power to govern.

dynamark

Posts : 1304
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 11:08

You seem to have more issues with a lady having a drink ona train then the vote leave illegal campaign regarding brexit.

Anyonewho has an issue with a lady having a drink on the train, is probably clouded by their views on the lady rather then what she is doing.

beninho

Posts : 3599
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 11:47

dynamark wrote:I have to firstly admit I do not like(ie very much dislike) Abbott,Corbyn and McDonald also.
Why on earth would she think she can do what is against the rules on London transport .Wait till you get home and have a skinful in private.
Cant wait to have a drink shows a certain weakness.Please do not ever let that lady have any real power to govern.

I’d have said shoving your knob in a dead pigs mouth shows more signs of mental fragility, but I’m not one to judge personal preferences.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 15:29

Putrid performance from Man United - time to put McLaren in charge, that'll show those lazy sods.

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25156
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 16:07

Thankfully I couldn't watch it. OGS bounce well and truly over.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13860
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 17:43

Salah definitely knows how to work a penalty.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 17:54

So does Sean Morrison; nightmare game for him, no doubt p1ssed off he missed a sitter, then gave the ball away for Salah to break away for the hug.

A couple of great saving blocks/interventions by Henderson - where is he from now?

kwinigolfer

Posts : 25156
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 17:59

Yep, Kwini, Henderson gets some stick, but he gives a lot to a team. Turned into a top class pro, could never be accused of not giving everything, that’s for sure. Similar to Milner in that respect.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Be_the_ball on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 19:32

McLaren wrote:Thankfully I couldn't watch it.  OGS bounce well and truly over.

Today is the 20 year anniversary of UTD's famous Champions League semi final win over Juventus in Turin which lead to the final. There are not many players in the current team that come anywhere near close to that squad.

Be_the_ball

Posts : 1141
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Exiled Dub.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 22:20

be_the_ball

None of the current team would be an obvious addition to either of the recent European Cup winning teams (99, 08). Pogba, De Gea, Shaw or Rashford might make the bench in one of those teams.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 13860
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Sun 21 Apr 2019, 22:59

Sigurdsson is a really underrated footballer, always scores goals, whatever team he plays for. Think that at least 4 or 5 of that Everton team should make the Man Utd starting line up, and Everton aren’t amazing.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 07:40

beninho wrote:You seem to have more issues with a lady having a drink ona train then the vote leave illegal campaign regarding brexit.

Anyonewho has an issue with a lady having a drink on the train, is probably clouded by their views on the lady rather then what she is doing.

There's nothing wrong with having a drink on a train, but if it's against the law as it is on TfL, why should she get away with it?
If she had a cigarette on the train, I'm sure you'd not approve, so why is a sneaky mojito out of a can any better?

Remember she's a woman with a long history of hypocrisy in this type of "one rule for the plebs, one rule for me" sort of way, a woman who says we shouldn't have public schools and then sends her children (surprised she has children) to the schools she wants to get rid of. A woman who supposedly stands against racism, but only employs non white people. Great, what a shining example she is.

As for an illegal vote leave campaign, what's illegal about it? I'm not for Brexit, but I can't see what's illegal about their campaign, perhaps in your wisdom you could enlighten us.

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 08:33

Surprised that no one has blamed the 4-0 defeat of Manchester United on climate change, seems to be the answer to everything these days.

super_realist

Posts : 22736
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 09:22

There you go, letting your views of someone cloud your judgement on what us a very minor, non news worthy story. People drink on trains in london. It happens all the time,she isn't getting away with something compared to other people. Stand vack and look at it are you bothered vy someone, not drunk, having a drink in quiet on a train? Or are you bothered by diane abbott having a drink.on a train?

If you jave not read anything about the vote leave campaign, I'm not here to educate you.

beninho

Posts : 3599
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 09:26

super_realist wrote:Surprised that no one has blamed the 4-0 defeat of Manchester United on climate change, seems to be the answer to everything these days.

I’m surprised you haven’t blamed Diane Abbott.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 12:52

I was on a bus a few months ago. Few lads were having a can of lager. Bus driver comes up and says sorry boys, you can’t drink on Stagecoach buses. They say no worries and stop drinking. No need for a media meltdown, no charges or fines, no police matter.
Last time I checked a van of mojito wasn’t deemed as a major fire risk, dumb comparison.
It’s funny how the people it’s the people who complain most about political correctness and faux offence are suddenly so up in arms when a particular person does something “wrong”.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 13:18

The smoking comparison is bonkers. Would you rather sit, with or without your child, in a tube carriage with soneone smoking or drinking a can if booze. No brainet really.


beninho

Posts : 3599
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 13:49

I think the comment about who she employs is revealing. She currently has staff of Asian heritage and Afro Caribbean heritage, a distinct ethnic distinction to most people, apparently not to Super who clearly sees the world as either white or non white.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 15:11

Just saw a clip on twitter of Kaka in his prime, itshis 37th birthday today, I remember him in the days the champions league was on itv. He was supreme,so easy on the ball. Overshadowed by the coming of ronaldo and messi, but brilliant all the same.

beninho

Posts : 3599
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 18:01

Just read that of the British fatalities in the Sri Lankan bombings, three were a woman and her two children, the father survived. How do you get over something like that? Truly horrendous.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 18:21

No big deal really, but politicians should be aware that their every move is scrutinised and that higher standards are expected of them. So a matter of bad judgment most of all.

pedro

Posts : 6501
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 18:25

super_realist wrote:Surprised that no one has blamed the 4-0 defeat of Manchester United on climate change, seems to be the answer to everything these days.
Too many tanned people on the team perhaps?

pedro

Posts : 6501
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 20:58

Fair comment Pedro re Abbott dead right and that applies to all people in a similar position.Cant believe how anyone can defend it -not a great big deal but it shows the character of the person- lets not forget could be a senior govt figure ( I will have left at that point though)

dynamark

Posts : 1304
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 21:44

I suppose Boris Johnson’s string of affairs, love child, 2 abortions through said affairs, all indicate huge moral fibre and set a fantastic example? I guess that all falls far short of having a swift drink on a tube.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum