The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19th Press Conference

+7
Renege
Afro
Take a boo
Fernando
Azzy
TwisT
Trebs
11 posters

Go down

19th Press Conference Empty 19th Press Conference

Post by Trebs Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:06 pm

1. Happy with your last result? As we reach the halfway stage, how do you take stock of the season so far?

2. With the Hardcore Cup being up to the final, do you think we should have another cup competition with a different set of House rules for the second half of the season? Perhaps the Softcore cup?

3. Should we tackle racism in society or racism in football?

4. What is the best film that has come out within the last year? I need something new to watch, so suggest me a film.

5. When you look at signing players, are you more interested in whether they are undervalued on FIFA or on transfermarkt? In other words, are you more interested in TM Value boosts, or in FIFA ratings boosts?

6. The Brexit negotiations are rough, almost as much as trying to establish rules in a new league. But do you think that having a series of Indicative Votes is the best way forward? And did you sign the petition to revoke Article 50?

7. Which real life manager do you think is most likely to secretly be among us, playing managerial games on forums? And as a follow up, which poster on here is likely to be that manager?

8. Cafe Brunch or Pub Lunch?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

19th Press Conference Empty Re: 19th Press Conference

Post by TwisT Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:19 pm

1. Happy with your last result? As we reach the halfway stage, how do you take stock of the season so far?

Not had my game played as of yet. I am hoping that whatever the result it will allow me to decide upon a formation ready for season 2. This season has been a bit of a mare performance wise but highly enjoyable.

2. With the Hardcore Cup being up to the final, do you think we should have another cup competition with a different set of House rules for the second half of the season? Perhaps the Softcore cup?

Depends on interest and what other rules we could incorporate. Hardcore rules was something unique. Maybe play without a recognised GK? Long shots galore

Both. Racism in society is harder to tackle. I like John Barnes and what he has been saying recently. His Question Time performance was very good

4. What is the best film that has come out within the last year? I need something new to watch, so suggest me a film.

Try Birdbox. Even with the stupid social stunts surrounding it, it isn't a bad film.

5. When you look at signing players, are you more interested in whether they are undervalued on FIFA or on transfermarkt? In other words, are you more interested in TM Value boosts, or in FIFA ratings boosts?

This has changed. I used to go for potential but now I am going for good young performers in their league that will hopefully get a rating increase. Glen Kamara is a good example.

6. The Brexit negotiations are rough, almost as much as trying to establish rules in a new league. But do you think that having a series of Indicative Votes is the best way forward? And did you sign the petition to revoke Article 50?

No and no. People have underestimated the chaos that could ensue from doing so. If you assume those that voted Remain are on the left and those that voted Leave are on the right; you really doing what to pee that side off more. Protests are fine.....riots are something else.

7. Which real life manager do you think is most likely to secretly be among us, playing managerial games on forums? And as a follow up, which poster on here is likely to be that manager?

Sammy A......and without a doubt Afro

Pub Lunch

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:21 pm

I don't know it yet, as we're yet to play, but I'm happy for Dolph to take the win. He needs all the help he can get.

I thought we were already agreed on a different Cup for the second half of the season? I look forward to resting my first team for that Cup as well.

I think it's much easier to tackle racism in football domestically. Overseas it's impossible. But for racism in society to be tackled, the government is going to need to build several hundred new prisons to cope with the number of people they'd have to send to jail to get the message across. I really don't think racism, xenophobia or homophobia will ever be eradicated from society.

I've not seen any new films, but my son saw Mary Poppins, and I quite like the idea of you watching that.

Neither. I sign players with awkward names, and who I like in real life. I'm not the kind of person to sign a 70-rated player just for the sake of it - and my next signing is almost certainly a 64-rated player who may become a 70 next year sometime.

I want them to announce a no-deal Brexit, and tell the EU to shove their May deal up their unelected jacksies. They'd soon scurry back with a better deal - or we'd leave without. Either way, it's not politicians who will fix the country afterwards - it's businesses, making new deals in places like the USA, China, Japan, India, Australia, Brazil etc. If business wakes up to the opportunities they'll have outside of the EU regulations, then the recovery will be quicker than simply waiting for people to come to us.

I'd argue that firing every single MP, banning each and every one of them from holding office, and re-starting Parliament with an entirely new group of MPs, would be the best solution. So many MPs are going against their constituencies, playing political games, and furthering their own careers ahead of the national interest. I hate the lot of them.

I've always suspected Afro was Barry Fry, with the amount of deals he likes to make.

ALWAYS cafe lunch. Can't beat a greasy spoon.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:43 pm

Trebs wrote:1. Happy with your last result? As we reach the halfway stage, how do you take stock of the season so far? Going better then Afro's predicted table suggested think was 12 on their Laugh Yeah im happy but the job is only half done

2. With the Hardcore Cup being up to the final, do you think we should have another cup competition with a different set of House rules for the second half of the season? Perhaps the Softcore cup? 45 minute cup + golden goal

3. Should we tackle racism in society or racism in football? We should but you've no chance of ever stopping it. Everyone has been racist at some point or another regardless whether you think so or not. Their is always something one will interpret as racist and you won't

4. What is the best film that has come out within the last year? I need something new to watch, so suggest me a film. No i dislike Films in general go watch a classic film like Dodgeball instead

5. When you look at signing players, are you more interested in whether they are undervalued on FIFA or on transfermarkt? In other words, are you more interested in TM Value boosts, or in FIFA ratings boosts? I literally sign anyone that's good enough to play for grimsbae instead of tm value

Either way they'll f**k it up so why bother and nope y'all made your bed lay in it.

7. Which real life manager do you think is most likely to secretly be among us, playing managerial games on forums? And as a follow up, which poster on here is likely to be that manager? Marky or Afro cos he's a danger/Afro is not

Sausage Sarnie > Crap fish & chips so Cafe

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Wed 27 Mar 2019, 1:20 pm

Happy with the win and the season so far, although that may change depending on the outcome of the cup final.

Think there may already be one in the pipeline, something about losing a player every time you score or something along those lines?

Both. Firmly.

Tend to watch series more than films these days. I think the last film I watched was called Polar and I can't remember much about it other than being pretty graphic.

I either go for players that can do an immediate job or ones likely to get a TM value boost. Although my latest signing Cristian Ferreira was brought in off the back of some top performances for River Plate so could be one that gets a decent ratings boost ahead of next season.

Either way its a complete mess. Agree with Azzy's solution of firing all the current MPs and starting over, kind of like a reboot on here.

Harry Redknapp has always been a wheeler and dealer, think he operates under the pseudonym of Afro on here.

Café Brunch followed by a Pub Lunch if I'm really hungry.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 27 Mar 2019, 1:41 pm

No, can't buy a win at the moment and never looked likely to end that against Mansfield. Not happy with season. It started well, but has really fallen away that now I have to plan for season 2 instead.

The plan was to have a cup for the second half of the season, although timings and how it will work with 14 teams needs to be considered. I think we thought we'd try one of the other game modes, like each team losing a player every 10 minutes or something like that.

We should tackle it in society, but it will never be 100% achievable. For some people, there is an inherent distrust of things that they perceive as different. I think we can educate and reduce, but it will never be eradicated.

I'm the wrong person to answer that as I rarely watch current films and I'm normally 5 years behind. The only exception to that was Black Panther, which is a fantastic film

I look at current individual attributes and how they fit with how I want to play. I have 2 or 3 that are in the squad for future potential on FIFA ratings, but I limit it at that. If I can get good enough now and with future potential, even better.

No, it is pointless. We will find that we have no clear favourite and be no further along. We voted out, whether you agree with it or not, that was the result. MPs speak to constituents, gauge public opinion, arrive at 2 or 3 options for leaving and put that to the public again.

David Moyes is amongst us, and I think he is Trebs.

Not sure about the Brunch bit, but cooked brekkie at a café is the one
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Wed 27 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

1. Didn’t expect such a convincing win against Afros lot, so yes.

2. No idea what the other house rules are but if Hero has the time would be good to see. The hardcore cup wasn’t hardcore enough for my liking, don’t think there were any injuries that I saw

3. Ignorance breeds ignorance. Can’t tackle it in football without tackling it in society. But there’s also no point comparing Eastern Europe and uk as there all backwards.

4. Hereditary is the best horror film I’ve seen in years and years. Pee’d my pants. Absolutely class film.
Also was never really a fan of them, but the latest mission impossible was also quality.

5. AIM was always for players who would get Fifa boosts, the value boost should go hand in hand ideally!

6.  I really don’t care anymore. The idea of negotiating when weve already shown our hand is ridiculous. Ideally we’d have never left, but that’s what folk voted for. Politicians just being a bunch of Meat trombone soloist as always

7. I imagine Wenger would also be a fan of Sun Tzu.

8.  Pub lunch. As much as I love a cafe fry up and coffee, I don’t have a vagina so not a fan of brunch

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 27 Mar 2019, 7:18 pm

Renege wrote:I don’t have a vagina

We can lend you Olly if you want?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 28 Mar 2019, 12:04 am

I haven't seen it yet, but it was only a friendly

I hated the cup and the extra week of fixtures it added.

Both?

Into the Spider-Verse

Both. I look for players who can go up in the future, but will be worthy of actually buying.

Yes I did. I don't trust any of those politicians, so it's not the best way forward.

Sam Allardyce. Nando.

Pub lunch

Is that it, guys? Just eight? You sure?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 28 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

1. Things are improving at Exeter - we've got past the rocky patch, got another win, and can look forward to what lies ahead. In terms of what we can do, the easy thing is to say we can finish second in the league. But that's loser talk. Grimsby at the top can quite easily lose a load of games and we'll be there to pounce if they do.

2. I suggest the House Rules where a player is sent off for every goal. Whether we can do something to make the game mega-fast, to create more goals as well for ultimate entertainment?

3. The racist abuse in football is terrible, particularly in some foreign countries where it has always been this way. I would say that it's fortunate that most in this country are tolerate. We do live in a society which has racists in it, and I think that the focus should be on that rather than football.

4. The best films I've seen recently are Three Billboards and The Favourite. Very different films on the surface, but a weird humour when you delve into it. I've got a lot of films on a list, so I'm hoping this question will narrow it down for me!

5. I'm just interested in finding someone who can do a job for me right now and is playing well in real life.

6. I didn't sign the petition. As they've now happened, it's a bit easy to have an 'I told you so' philosophy but I didn't see the indicative votes getting any majority for anything. Parliament is so divided at the moment, is incapable of compromise - both with itself and the EU! Labour's tests for the deal were ridiculous, people were promised a Brexit which would never happen and I can't see how this ends. A second referendum is definitely not the answer though.

7. Brendan Rodgers must be here somewhere, but I can't figure out who that is. My best guess would be that Olly is Paul Lambert, or Azzy is Roy Hodgson.

8. Pub Lunch for me, just. But this is not a decision I take lightly.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Mar 2019, 1:12 pm

It's been average. Average levels of performance, average levels of results, average levels of enjoyment.

The Hardcore Cup was about making the most of the "No Rules" mode on Fifa 19. Softcore would just be normal Fifa, so your attempt at humour sucks. But I don't particularly mind if we do Hardcore II or just normal rules, check with the majority.

Racism in society, then racism in football will fall with it. But the majority of this country aren't racist, unfortunately it's far more prominent in other countries, majority of Eastern European countries in particular.

I don't know. I'd go for a series. Try the Maddie documentary.

50/50, no point signing players who are no good on Fifa, nor is there much point signing players who are on the decline on TM, because you'll just end up left behind when the player rating cap rises. I look for the right balance.

The indicative votes are stupid, they are just a result of poor negotiating in terms of the deal. None of it would have happened had a proper deal been negotiated. I didn't sign the petition, but it was a flawed petition anyway seeing as anyone outside of the UK could sign the petition, and all you needed was a second email address to sign it twice Laugh

Big Sam, while he waits for his next offer. And the most likely person here to be Big Sam is Olly. So him.

Cafe brunch. Although it's pronounced "caff", and brunch is pronounced "breakfast" no matter what time of day it is. The only benefit of a pub lunch over a cafe is chips. So if the cafe has chips, no reason to go for a pub lunch. Just go to the pub after the cafe innit.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 28 Mar 2019, 1:26 pm

Marky wrote:Big Sam, while he waits for his next offer. And the most likely person here to be Big Sam is Olly. So him.
Big Sam can't be Olly - Sam only has five fingers on each hand Whistle

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 29 Mar 2019, 1:22 am

Marky wrote:
Cafe brunch. Although it's pronounced "caff", and brunch is pronounced "breakfast" no matter what time of day it is. The only benefit of a pub lunch over a cafe is chips. So if the cafe has chips, no reason to go for a pub lunch. Just go to the pub after the cafe innit.

I was with you on this, until I thought about it properly.

Pub lunch you can get yourself anything they have in a cafe, but you could also get the roast. The roast, plus chips, done properly, may well beat the fry up. And a pub lunch fry up will give you chips, no question.

On top of that, beer can be served, it's often more comfortable, and lunchtime kick offs. The kicker? Not having to move on from the pub to get to the pub, cos you're already in the pub, so none of that walking nonsense.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 29 Mar 2019, 3:51 pm

"Not really, but that was due to me not putting in a teamsheet. The result may have expected, but I'd like to think we could have done something against the league leaders. Reasonable. Within touching distance of the top teams, and I think ahead of Afro's predicted table - so all good."

"Another cup would be cool. Either the Survival Mode, or Long Range for me. "

"Both. There needs to be a concerted effort in all areas. This isn't a scenario where we wonder whether top-down or bottom to top will help tackle the issue. Work on it in our country, and keep marginalising the minority that appears. It will take a lot of time for other countries to follow suit, but if we are leading the way in how to do it, then we can have a valid opinion on other countries."

"Peppermint was alright, and Triple Frontier both on Netflix - send us our sponsorship money now, please! Drive to survive is good too"

"TM boosts. I generally will pick someone up that will essentially grow in value. If they can improve in FIFA as well great!"

"It's an absolute mess. I'm not sure the country would have voted as it did, if they knew it was going to be as drawn out and tedious as it has become. Understatement of the century the previous sentence as well!"

"Jose Mourinho - and he will be wearing Bam like a sock puppet. I mean impersonating as Bam..."

"Pub lunch - a decent view, sunshine and beer - what more do you want!"

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 26 Apr 2019, 10:34 am

Looks like I lost against hero. Absolutely devestating by that. Shouldn't really be losing to relegation threatened teams.

No thanks. I only do hardcore.

If you target racism in society there will be less racism in football. Kids these days need to be taught about Martin L King and Rosa Parks etc as early as the age of 7 imo. Schools need to do more to teach about different cultures and races and teach the future generations that we are all equal.

Venom.

Mostly focus on their tm value.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "If you wish to split from a faction, then be vary of the consequences as it could increase the likelihood of an attack on the nation and there will be less allies to call upon for reinforcements"

Everyone is saying that Fat Sam could be among us but I do not think he's has the intellectual intelligence needed to lead a sophisticated life as a fantasy football manager.

I can only really answer Cafe Brunch.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 26 Apr 2019, 12:26 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:Kids these days need to be taught about Martin L King and Rosa Parks etc as early as the age of 7 imo.
My boy was taught about Rosa Parks aged 7. I'd never heard of her until he came home asking me about her picard

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down