The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

21st Press Conference

+7
Renege
Trebs
Afro
Take a boo
TwisT
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
11 posters

Go down

21st Press Conference Empty 21st Press Conference

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Apr 2019, 3:51 am

1. What punishment should be given to the team that finishes bottom of the league?

2. Can Nando and I take over MK Dons?

3. In the real world of football, Macclesfield and Crawley are fighting against relegation. If you had to see one cry, which would you prefer: Marky or Hero?

4. On the GoT theme from last time, who is each of us as Lord of the Rings characters?

5. This press conference is late, but what is the best type of butter?

6. My football season starts this weekend. I am playing two games for two different teams, but what positions (and I will play two) do you think I will be playing?

7. Do you have any plans for the Easter weekend?

8. What is the last book you read?

9. Who would you prefer to gain promotion: Sheff United or Leeds?

10. What is a better name for Brown Sauce?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

21st Press Conference Empty Re: 21st Press Conference

Post by Hero Thu 11 Apr 2019, 7:52 am

1. As it's probably me, extra cash. If it's Twist then public flogging.
2. Don't mind! Prefer Olly to stop fingerblasting his sister and join in though.
3.I presume at some point there's a video of Alan Carr crying , just watch that.
4. God I found LOTR dull. I'm a total geek and am meant to worship it but the writing in it is mind numbingly tedious.
5. Home made garlic and herb one.
6. Left back and right back in the changing room.
7.Doing the book 4 days off, get 10 off work trick.
8. Homo Deus, the follow on to Sapiens, recommend.
9. Leeds, more interesting when teams like that are in the top flight. No-one checks the fixture list for when they play Sheet Utd apart from Wednesday fans.
10. Liquid shìts

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 11 Apr 2019, 9:30 am

1. What punishment should be given to the team that finishes bottom of the league?

The reverse of Hero's answer

I don't mind either, but depends on whether people want a shorter season. Getting rid of a team without a manager will go some way to solve that.

3. In the real world of football, Macclesfield and Crawley are fighting against relegation. If you had to see one cry, which would you prefer: Marky or Hero?

Both but only as I pass them going up with the mighty Ebbsfleet as they go down!

4. On the GoT theme from last time, who is each of us as Lord of the Rings characters?

Olly - Golum ("my precious" seems to be his chat up line at family gatherings)
Nando - Gandalf (Grimsby doing the whole "you shall not pass!" thing this season)
Trebs and Azzy - Merry and Pippin (just because I reckon they would get on well together)
Marky - Sam (looks like him)

That's as many as i can think of.

Anchor

6. My football season starts this weekend. I am playing two games for two different teams, but what positions (and I will play two) do you think I will be playing?

CM and CB

Doing more work on my house build probably

I am Zlatan

Sheffield United, one of my mates supports them. He always says they never have a dull season. It's either fighting for teh championship or fighting relegation

Ketchup

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Fri 12 Apr 2019, 12:01 pm

The shame and dishonour they bring to the name of their family should be sufficient, if not then they really need to take a look at themselves in the mirror.

If so inclined why not

Hero seems like more of a crier than Marky so I'd have to say M dog

Other than some hobbits, elves and a strange Gollum character I've no idea who is in it so will have to leave it to the experts

Tend to avoid butter due to the unnecessary cals, clover

Ball boy and the one who brings out the oranges at half time, is that still a thing?

Chilling out, maxing and relaxing all cool. Or in reality entertaining the little ones

Yardie

As the other half is a Leeds fan I'd have to say them, purely so I ridicule her when we beat them heavily

Gods sauce

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Apr 2019, 12:28 pm

None, they deserve a bonus for continuing even in times when their team is letting them down.

Of course we can, it is possible. Whether we may or not is a different matter.

As I hope Cambridge survive, it makes it a lot more likely if one of these two go. I'd prefer neither, and I think it might be good for Sol Campbell to be seen to keep Macclesfield up. Plus it'd be nice for Marky to take his kids to see Crawley win a load of games, as they're just at that age where lots of wins might stick in their mind and lead them to choose Crawley properly. It might not be what brings them most joy, but it'll suit their dad.

Afro and Twist are definitely the Sackville-Baggins pair, so desperate are they to come into my team and steal a player for way below asking price.
I'm Aragorn, cos obvs.
Trebs and his crew are Sam, Merry and Pippin.
Azzy is definitely Saruman, the miserable old git.
TAB - Forest Green, well that's clearly Tom Bombadil.
Fluxy - I see Fluxy as a bit more wise (his Sheep work proves it) so he can be Treebeard.
Marky - Agent Smith.
Nando - Boromir, thinking he runs it all but he will fall when true power fight back.
Olly - Farmer Maggot cos, well the name.
Bam - Eomer, brave and noble
Renege - Mansfield doesn't exist, so he can be Isildur, the King of the Dead.
Nads - Legolas, because Real Madrid would definitely put in a big bid for Legolas if they could.
Hero is someone thick cos he doesn't like LOTR, thus he is Denethor II, sitting on his throne without an understanding of the real world.

Kerrygold. Try it.

Currently, the question may be wrong as because I'm fifth choice goalie, and 3 'keepers are away, I may be playing 2 games (we have 4 teams) in goal even though at training this week I let in a shot that was right at me because my feet wouldn't move and then made a punch so bad from a corner that my wrist saw swollen for two days.

Hopefully, I'll be on a flight to New Zealand.

A Robert Crais crime thriller.

Leeds, I think. I can see it going wrong, and going wrong spectacularly.

S*** leakage

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 12 Apr 2019, 12:34 pm

They should be made to switch teams to MK Dons

Olly should pull his finger out and manage them himself. But if not, then I have no problems as long as you don't start trading with yourselves. And then at the end of the season, we make a call on what to do with the team

Neither. Its pass and parcel of lower league football to experience promotions and relegations and you need to behave the same in both. Man up and deal with the relegations, whilst show humility in promotion. Being an Everton fan, I have never experienced either, so I am well place to give this advice

No one is the prettiest, so I would just consider us to all be trolls. Except me of course, who is probably Aragorn

I can't believe its not butter.......what? it's not butter? You're kidding me! Shocked Anchor spreadable then

I remember when I played, you normally didn't know where you were playing until the day, unless you were the keeper. So keeper. And CB for the other one.

Got next week off, so off to Pembrokeshire tonight until the Tuesday after Easter weekend.

The latest Michael Connelly/Harry Bosch one. Can't remember the name. Actually, scrap that. I read all of Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers to my daughter last night. Man I felt for that Penguin!

Sheff Utd. Dirty Leeds still haven't suffered enough from over spending in the days of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka. They are probably still paying for Robbie Fowler's wages now.

Is there a better name? It's sauce and it's brown, so Brown Sauce. Helps to differentiate it from Red Sauce Ok!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 12 Apr 2019, 12:55 pm

1. They get dequaficated. Or seriously, I'd relegate the bottom two and have new teams in their place.

2. I don't think that would be good form to do that personally.

3. It's not nice to see anyone cry. I'd go with Hero because my gut feeling is that Marky cares more about his club. So I hope Crawley stay up.

4. Really sorry but my LOTR knowledge is terrible - I'll try and come back to this with some ideas.

5. Clover? If we're talking real butter than it's got to be salted

6. You look like a goalie to me as your natural position. Your other game, you'll be put as a winger.

7. Yes. Can't share them with you at the present moment though.

8. PVC Technology as my work training. It's an enyclopedia of PVC knowledge. Having said that, I didn't read it cover to cover.

9. Sheff United - good mate of mine is a Blades fan and I've been to watch the odd game with him in the North West.

10. Nastiness.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Apr 2019, 12:57 pm

On an actual technical note, if Macc do get relegated in RL then I will be forced to get another team for FIFA 20.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Fri 12 Apr 2019, 1:35 pm

Hero wrote:On an actual technical note, if Macc do get relegated in RL then I will be forced to get another team for FIFA 20.
I really hope they do if it shuts Sol Campbell up for a while

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 12 Apr 2019, 1:47 pm

Hero wrote:On an actual technical note, if Macc do get relegated in RL then I will be forced to get another team for FIFA 20.

Always a silver lining. Although I guess you don't have many, if any, Macc players left, so it will be different in name and shirt only
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 12 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm

Trebs wrote:8. PVC Technology as my work training. It's an enyclopedia of PVC knowledge. Having said that, I didn't read it cover to cover.

Such low commitment to your job warning
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 12 Apr 2019, 2:13 pm

If Ebbsfleet go up then Chelteham Town can go feck themselves....I resign!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 12 Apr 2019, 2:47 pm

"Naked mile"

"Nah - focus on your own teams" 

"Marky, I feel Hero's tears would slightly bittersweet"

Only done a few this time...
"Hero - Gandalf the Grey - Useless in the first film, but will probably come back as one of the most powerful antagonists 
Azzy - Denethor - a bit odd, and probably end going up in flames...
Nando - The Eagles - Powerful weapon and seems to have awesome moments
Twist - Grima Wormtongue - creepy character 
Trebs - Boromir - A decent lad, but has met his fate after nearing the summit. 
Bam - Peregrin Took - just so I can say "Fool of a took"

"Kerrygold is delicious"

"Striker and centre back, very much in the mould of Dion Dublin. My second guess would be Striker and Right back, like Greg Halford!"

"Relaxing and doing the absolute minimum when required."

"Genuinely - Leadership: The Multiplier Effect"

"Being a Leeds supporter, I should probably say Leeds..."

"Gravy"

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:44 pm

1. Should have to add the loser to their name.

2. Don’t care, although I’ll have played twice - so would leave it up to others.

3.  Prefer not to run into either crying so has to be Hero, being he’s running the Twitch stream!

4. Aragon - Fluxy to be named King
Gollum - Olly with the inbreeding
Frodo - Hero, in the name and delivering the game
Gandalf - Afro the wise head keeping everything going
Legolas - Dolph sharp shooter
Sam - Marky from the shire just because 
The dwarf guy - Bambam as bam bam sounds like something he’d say
Hobbits - everyone else as I can’t remember any other characters 

5. Utterly butterly 

6. Centre mid for the shiit team with mates, and right back for the team that’s probably good. Or other way round if it’s same day as playing two games is a killer

7. Back up the road to Scotland to see friends and fam, a couple booze ups at least to look forward to

8. A Lee child one, almost read them all then I’ll have to find a new author 

9. Leeds - always been a fan of Biesla be entertaining to see him in top league 

10. What could be better than brown sauce???

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 15 Apr 2019, 9:23 am

They should be made to watch Dan Walker on TV. The guy is the most arrogant, and most pathetic, person in the history of television.

Not sure that team needs more fingers than it currently has Shocked

Marky, because Hero crying would make his lad cry, and we need him to be resolute, sign professional terms and make him cry as a man when he finds out his dad didn't buy him from TM because some guy called "Marky" beat his dad to the arbitrary 0900 deadline in revenge for Crawley's relegation 15 years ago.

Afro - Aragorn - because I would follow him. My King.
Twist - Tom Bombadil - really cool, but no-one wants to see him in a film
Renege - Haldir - never really says much, should get involved more
Trebs - Bolg - has an entire army of assistant managers yet still can't win the battle
Dolph - Legolas - likes firing off zingers from long distance
Nando - Gimli - because he needs help finding "the box"
Azzy - Boromir - handy with a sword, but jealous of everyone that moves and has been with O2 since it began
Hero - Gandalf - not because he likes seeing midgets wrestle in bed (although I bet he does), but because of his advanced age and the wisdom inherent with said age
TAB - Gamling - always seems angry, can never work out why
Fluxy - Eomer - my favorite character of all, and apparently he really loves horses. Says they're the best of all the animals.
BamBam - Barliman Butterbur - would make a really good landlord
Nadz - Lurtz - because his name ends in a Z, and because he's butt ugly. Sorry dude.
Marky - Radagast the Brown - once had an unfortunate trouser incident and never lived the nickname down.
Olly - Frodo - our little hero, people love to take potshots at his simplistic ways, could keep the one ring on his extra finger.
Viva - Arwen - simply beautiful, wasted on Afro.

Anchor.

Goalkeeper and sweeper, because there's less running involved.

Eating chocolate and trying to get the kids to calm down.

Mine!

West Brom OK

Hipster Sauce. Anyone who likes either red or brown sauce is going to hell.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 15 Apr 2019, 3:01 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. What punishment should be given to the team that finishes bottom of the league? An Audience with Jake Humpfrey's tickets

2. Can Nando and I take over MK Dons? Ill take the Poopie one you take Crawley?

3. In the real world of football, Macclesfield and Crawley are fighting against relegation. If you had to see one cry, which would you prefer: Marky or Hero? Hero cos Marky got #Issues

4. On the GoT theme from last time, who is each of us as Lord of the Rings characters? Ain't read it and not seen the movie so don't care. Mr Men next week plz

5. This press conference is late, but what is the best type of butter? Anchor if leave in the sun for 5 mins to soften

6. My football season starts this weekend. I am playing two games for two different teams, but what positions (and I will play two) do you think I will be playing? You have the hair do of a CB so CB & a ST cos that's the natural home for a CB when in a Poopie team

7. Do you have any plans for the Easter weekend? work work more work

8. What is the last book you read? Of Mice And Men year 11 at school not a book person

9. Who would you prefer to gain promotion: Sheff United or Leeds? Can we save Cardiff instead?

10. What is a better name for Brown Sauce? Diarrhoea in a bottle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 26 Apr 2019, 11:39 am

They must cut out their own tongue.

Ewwww why would you want olly's sloppy seconds

Preferably neither. They're both top blokes and they don't deserve to see their local team suffering the shame of relegation.

We are all hobbits.

Clover

RW and LW.

Eat. Poopie. Sleep. Repeat.

Sun Tzu - Art of War

As Sun Tzu once famously said "To choose the lesser of two evils is a terrible decision to make. You must evaluate the consequences of each force and must choose with your mind and not your heart"

Chocolate rain.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down