Pro14 is dead...

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Pro14 is dead...

Post by No9 on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 1:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well we are nearing the end of the normal season and going into the knock out stages, and thanks to Premier Sports I can know say with confidence that my earlier prediction has materialised and the day has killed the Pro14.

They promised 1 game on FreeSports every week. Well unless you follow Zebre or the Kings you’ve not had that game. The Ospreys have not had one game shown on FreeSports. As for free to air coverage on S4C that has also been hit or miss, with them banning the red button English cometary, and again covering games with little interest.

So , since the conception of the league, this is the first season I’ve not been able to follow with interest. No (little) live coverage of games, no magazine show I’ve been able to watch to keep up with the league. I’ve managed to get to minimum Ospreys home games this season, due to family commitments. Basically, only rugby I’ve been able to follow has been the 6 Nations.

Thanks, Pro14, you played a stormer selling out. Enjoy the cash injection it brought, as it won’t last...

furious

No9

Posts : 1535
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down


Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by marty2086 on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 7:32 am

No, they were playing to get into a play off that could get them into a Europe....hence why I said very little

There's also the fact that fans will have to pay for the tickets to the European play off so a fair few will likely have opted for it over Judgement Day


marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 8:58 am

No matter what evidence you put in front of some of our Irish members on here, and in particular Marty, they will just dismiss it until you agree with their narrative.

The fact that judgement day was at it's lowest it's been than previous years is indicitive to the fact that the Pro14 is losing casual fans in Wales, saying that it's because the novelty has worn off is nonsense. Losing these casual fans is telling, some of those were potential stayers.

People will say I am being negative, making things up ect.....

But I am honestly not. I have always liked the Pro14, and it does not fill me with joy to be saying what I am saying, but I am being honest.

Going to Premier Sports was just a money grab by the Pro14. By doing this, they knew they would not alienate the Irish audience, and they have banked on people in the UK buying up, they are not. They do not even put it on in my club, a place where I watched lots of Pro14 after watching Merthyr play.

People will realise this in time.

LordDowlais

Posts : 13883
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by marty2086 on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 9:10 am

So you're still alive LD?

What exactly have I ignored?

The fact that the attendances across the rest of the season are the same as last season? That Judgement Day drew 30k more than the last round of derbies, if they weren't casual fans then who were they?

LodDowlais wrote:People will say I am being negative, making things up ect.....

But I am honestly not. I have always liked the Pro14, and it does not fill me with joy to be saying what I am saying, but I am being honest.

If you aren't making stuff up then why did you say?

The fact that judgement day was at it's lowest it's been than previous years is indicitive to the fact that the Pro14 is losing casual fans in Wales

Judgement Day has drawn 30k in the past

Please do explain how presenting facts to dispel you just making stuff up is my problem?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 9:15 am

marty2086 wrote:Judgement Day has drawn 30k in the past

Please do explain how presenting facts to dispel you just making stuff up is my problem?

The 1st ever judgment had only 30,000. Guess what then happened ? Popularity rose, more people were watching the league on BBC and more casual fans were going for the day out. The regions still have their hard core support, that's why the regions are still having the same amount of fans, but the the casual and potential fans are dying out, because they do not have the same access to the league anymore.

LordDowlais

Posts : 13883
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by RugbyFan100 on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 9:19 am

LordDowlais wrote:No matter what evidence you put in front of some of our Irish members on here, and in particular Marty, they will just dismiss it until you agree with their narrative.


It's the same all over the internet. They ask why the Welsh regions are so poor, get given the answers, but the answers aren't the ones they want to hear, so they just make something up like "Nah, those are just excuses, the real reason is....the Welsh regions can't be arsed"

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by marty2086 on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 9:20 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Judgement Day has drawn 30k in the past

Please do explain how presenting facts to dispel you just making stuff up is my problem?

The 1st ever judgment had only 30,000. Guess what then happened ? Popularity rose, more people were watching the league on BBC and more casual fans were going for the day out. The regions still have their hard core support, that's why the regions are still having the same amount of fans, but the the casual and potential fans are dying out.

picard

You claimed this was the lowest for Judgement Day, that was a lie, now you're claiming the first one only had 30k and attendances grew. The first had 36k then the second had 30k so another lie from you

2016 drew 68k, then 2017 drew 60k..guess that was it not being on BBC then too Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by LondonTiger on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 9:30 am

This thread has served little purpose other than to encourage bickering and name calling. It was almost closed a few times but our patience has reached an end.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 22539
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Pro14 is dead... - Page 13 Empty Re: Pro14 is dead...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum