Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by BigGee on Sun 19 May 2019, 4:08 pm

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster
Pro14 Playoff Final
Celtic Park
Glasgow

25th May 2019
KO 18.30

Live on Premier Sports

Well the last game of the season for the Pro14 and I don't think many people will disagree with the fact that the two best teams in the league are meeting each other in the final.

The Ladyboys from Dublin, who think that winning trophies is their birth right and have a trophy cabinet back home which kind of suggests that they might be right, against the Mighty Glasgow Warriors, who may not get the chance of another home final in a citadel of Glaswegian sport, for a long long time.

History suggests Leinster for another win and the bookies, always good judges of these sorts of things would concur. However Glasgow have been in sparkling form ever since their spanking by Sarries in the Euro quarters. Rather than depress them, it seems to have inspired them and they have gone on quite a run since then, dispatching Ulster, Leinster (in Dublin), Edinburgh and finally dishing out a hammering to Ulster, the like of which no one really saw coming, in their semi final. They are on form, are confident and are playing some sparkling rugby.

Leinster, it is probably fair to say, a bit like Ireland this season, have not quite been firing on all cylinders. They to received a lesson from Sarries in the Euro finals and can no longer claim to be the best in Europe. Still despite that, they are still grinding out the results. Munster threw the kitchen sink at them in the first half of their semi but could not get over the line, Leinster won it comfortably enough in the end, but at the expense of losing Devin Tooner to a bad looking knee injury.

So what is the final going to come down to?

Leinster have the big game mentality and are devilishly hard to score against, but yet this will be their third big game in three weeks and what have they got left in the tank if it becomes another war.

Glasgow have the ability to score tries against anyone and Leinster will have to be at their best defensively to close them down. Glasgow will also have the home advantage and probably a much bigger proportion of the crowd, despite an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.

My feeling is that Glasgow have to start well and get their noses in front. Leinster are at their best when out in front and shutting down a team chasing a lead. If Glasgow can get off to the kind of start they did against Ulster and can maintain it, then the efforts of the past three weeks may start to take their toll. If that does not happen though, the kicking and power game of Leinster will be hard to overcome.

Either way a great game at a great venue beckons!

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8603
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 19 May 2019, 5:34 pm

“Glasgow will also have the home advantage and probably a much bigger proportion of the crowd, despite an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”

For a supposed moderator on this forum, that is a poorly-judged and wholly inaccurate comment to make.

Cullen was doing no such thing.   And it’s “invoke”. And it’s not a playoff final either. Teams playoff to reach the final.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Eejit on Sun 19 May 2019, 5:41 pm

Pot Hale wrote:“Glasgow will also have the home advantage and probably a much bigger proportion of the crowd, despite an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”

For a supposed moderator on this forum, that is a poorly-judged and wholly inaccurate comment to make.

Cullen was doing no such thing.   And it’s “invoke”.  And it’s not a playoff final either.  Teams playoff to reach the final.

Cullen was being a prick and we’re going to pump you on Saturday. thumbsup

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by BigGee on Sun 19 May 2019, 5:54 pm

Pot Hale wrote:“Glasgow will also have the home advantage and probably a much bigger proportion of the crowd, despite an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”

For a supposed moderator on this forum, that is a poorly-judged and wholly inaccurate comment to make.

Cullen was doing no such thing.   And it’s “invoke”.  And it’s not a playoff final either.  Teams playoff to reach the final.


I am quite happy to apologise for my poor grammar and spelling, despite it being rather pedantic, but not for my description about Cullen's comment. He may have trying to be light hearted, but these matters are not funny in Glasgow. Suggesting it was ill judged was at the lower end of the scale compared to plenty of other comments about it and he would have been well advised to have clarified that he meant nothing by it.

Fortunately rugby is a much more tolerant sport and hopefully it will not have any impact on the crowds at the match. Glasgow Warriors have put out a very sensible and dignified tweet making it clear that they represent all rugby fans throughout Glasgow and the West of Scotland. It does strike me that you are also unaware of how big a cancer sectarianism is throughout the West of Scotland.

I am not sure what me being a moderator has to do with it either. Is that meant to suggest that I am not entitled to an opinion?

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8603
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 19 May 2019, 6:07 pm

BigGee wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:“Glasgow will also have the home advantage and probably a much bigger proportion of the crowd, despite an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”

For a supposed moderator on this forum, that is a poorly-judged and wholly inaccurate comment to make.

Cullen was doing no such thing.   And it’s “invoke”.  And it’s not a playoff final either.  Teams playoff to reach the final.


I am quite happy to apologise for my poor grammar and spelling, despite it being rather pedantic, but not for my description about Cullen's comment. He may have trying to be light hearted, but these matters are not funny in Glasgow. Suggesting it was ill judged was at the lower end of the scale compared to plenty of other comments about it and he would have been well advised to have clarified that he meant nothing by it.

Fortunately rugby is a much more tolerant sport and hopefully it will not have any impact on the crowds at the match. Glasgow Warriors have put out a very sensible and dignified tweet making it clear that they represent all rugby fans throughout Glasgow and the West of Scotland. It does strike me that you are also unaware of how big a cancer sectarianism is throughout the West of Scotland.

I am not sure what me being a moderator has to do with it either. Is that meant to suggest that I am not entitled to an opinion?

You stated that Cullen was invoking sectarianism. He was in his ar$e.

His comments were made in a joking fashion about getting support in Glasgow - he’s even smiling when he responds to the follow-up query from a journalist about expecting support from Celtic fans.

Hopefully Leinster are not ‘PC-suaded’ into issuing some kind of Twitterati nonsense apology.

You’re making more out of this than anyone else is my view. You’re entitled to your opinion of course. It’s the language you choose to express it in that you should consider, particularly as a moderator of opinion as expressed by others on this forum. It’s up to you if you want to change it or not.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Hazel Sapling on Sun 19 May 2019, 6:09 pm

If what Cullen said was not tongue in cheek, he should be banned from the stadium. Hopefully Glasgow can fill the stadium or get close. I expect Leinster fans will be out in force, but these are the sorts of occasions that can drive interest in the sport if the game can deliver.

Without Toner Leinster's set piece will lose a bit of consistency. I expect that will mean Fardy will start in the second row and I don't know what the back row will look like. Ruddock - Van Der Flier - Conan? Is Sexton definitely going to start?

Don't know what can realistically be changed about the Glasgow side. Ulster were absolutely pumped and it makes it difficult to drop anyone. Bhatti, Harley, Price and Steyn have all been in good form so Kebble, Wilson, G Horne and H Jones are going to have to make do with bench spots. I assume Nuka won't be put ahead of Rae on the bench and Gordon has been in great form recently so no place for a guy like Ashe.

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 1536
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 19 May 2019, 7:04 pm

I suspect given the environment you live in you have developed an over sensitivity to sectarianism and can no longer spot it anymore if you think Cullen gives a crap about what religion people are.

Collapse2005

Posts : 4792
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by tigertattie on Sun 19 May 2019, 7:10 pm

His comments, no matter if said jokingly, were utterly improper.

His suggestion that Glasgow warriors fans would be made mostly of rangers fans is simply divisive language.

With all the hoo ha around falou you’d have thought a man with a bit more worldly experience like Cullen would have known better.

I’m not a rangers or Celtic fan. I’m not a Protestant or a catholic. I’m also not a warriors fan. But even I found his remarks were inappropriate in this day and age.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7037
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Eejit on Sun 19 May 2019, 7:18 pm

Let's not overcomplicate things here lads, we're from Glasgow not the West Bank. There's always been issues with sectarianism here, but its not really a warzone anymore like it used to be and people not from here do find the whole thing a bit odd and confusing - Cullen's ignorance on the matter is understandable. Pretty sure it was a poor attempt at humour but its probably best left at that. On Saturday we have the biggest rugby game the city of Glasgow has ever seen so why don't we talk about that rather than Plug rerunning the battle of the boyne at a press conference. Of course the biggest shame in all of this is the final is at that midden in the east end and not a proper stadium like the one draped in blue on Edmiston Drive. Whistle

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 19 May 2019, 7:22 pm

tigertattie wrote:His comments, no matter if said jokingly, were utterly improper.

His suggestion that Glasgow warriors fans would be made mostly of rangers fans is simply divisive language.

With all the hoo ha around falou you’d have thought a man with a bit more worldly experience like Cullen would have known better.

I’m not a rangers or Celtic fan. I’m not a Protestant or a catholic. I’m also not a warriors fan. But even I found his remarks were inappropriate in this day and age.

Shows how messed up things are if you cant say you think glasgow rugby fans are mostly rangers fans. Its just sport.

Collapse2005

Posts : 4792
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by BigGee on Sun 19 May 2019, 7:24 pm

I have not lived in the west of Scotland since I was 5 years old, but I have spent enough time there and have/had family there to appreciate what goes on. Some of the attitudes of my own family members made me cringe and they had totally normalised it.

Actually not living there makes it more obvious to you how awful some of the attitudes up there actually are.

I don't think for a second that Cullen gives a crap about religion but by making a joke about it in that fashion, he was appealing to others who may well take that sort of thing seriously. As a senior person in a public position making statements before a large public event, he has got responsibilities and I don't think he fulfilled them on this occasion.

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8603
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Collapse2005 on Sun 19 May 2019, 7:26 pm

I dont even think it was a joke, maybe he is just looking for people to come support his side?

Collapse2005

Posts : 4792
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 19 May 2019, 7:37 pm

BigGee wrote:I have not lived in the west of Scotland since I was 5 years old, but I have spent enough time there and have/had family there to appreciate what goes on. Some of the attitudes of my own family members made me cringe and they had totally normalised it.

Actually not living there makes it more obvious to you how awful some of the attitudes up there actually are.

I don't think for a second that Cullen gives a crap about religion but by making a joke about it in that fashion, he was appealing to others who may well take that sort of thing seriously. As a senior person in a public position making statements before a large public event, he has got responsibilities and I don't think he fulfilled them on this occasion.

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.
I've only seen the clip once and it won't load up for me now but I don't remember him talking about religion? A lot of celtic fans are proud of their Irish background, it sounded like he was trying to get those fans to turn up and support another irish side.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by demosthenes on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:02 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
BigGee wrote:I have not lived in the west of Scotland since I was 5 years old, but I have spent enough time there and have/had family there to appreciate what goes on. Some of the attitudes of my own family members made me cringe and they had totally normalised it.

Actually not living there makes it more obvious to you how awful some of the attitudes up there actually are.

I don't think for a second that Cullen gives a crap about religion but by making a joke about it in that fashion, he was appealing to others who may well take that sort of thing seriously. As a senior person in a public position making statements before a large public event, he has got responsibilities and I don't think he fulfilled them on this occasion.

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.
I've only seen the clip once and it won't load up for me now but I don't remember him talking about religion? A lot of celtic fans are proud of their Irish background, it sounded like he was trying to get those fans to turn up and support another irish side.

Now, if he had said that, there wouldn't have been a problem.  But by inferring that Glasgow v. Leinster is tantamount to Rangers v. Celtic but with a funny shaped ball, he has stepped into distinctly dodgy territory.  There is good reason for the police wanting Old Firm games to kick off early, before the pubs open; and for where possible there not to be titles at stake (the SFA try to make sure that neither can win the league at a game against the other).  The reason is, that reason goes out of the window when these teams play each other.  

So for Cullen to 'go there' was a mistake.  Innocent, I hope, but a mistake all the same.

demosthenes

Posts : 500
Join date : 2013-10-23
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:18 pm

demosthenes wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
BigGee wrote:I have not lived in the west of Scotland since I was 5 years old, but I have spent enough time there and have/had family there to appreciate what goes on. Some of the attitudes of my own family members made me cringe and they had totally normalised it.

Actually not living there makes it more obvious to you how awful some of the attitudes up there actually are.

I don't think for a second that Cullen gives a crap about religion but by making a joke about it in that fashion, he was appealing to others who may well take that sort of thing seriously. As a senior person in a public position making statements before a large public event, he has got responsibilities and I don't think he fulfilled them on this occasion.

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.
I've only seen the clip once and it won't load up for me now but I don't remember him talking about religion? A lot of celtic fans are proud of their Irish background, it sounded like he was trying to get those fans to turn up and support another irish side.

Now, if he had said that, there wouldn't have been a problem.  But by inferring that Glasgow v. Leinster is tantamount to Rangers v. Celtic but with a funny shaped ball, he has stepped into distinctly dodgy territory.  There is good reason for the police wanting Old Firm games to kick off early, before the pubs open; and for where possible there not to be titles at stake (the SFA try to make sure that neither can win the league at a game against the other).  The reason is, that reason goes out of the window when these teams play each other.  

So for Cullen to 'go there' was a mistake.  Innocent, I hope, but a mistake all the same.
It was a mistake but it did look like he was joking. No reason to really get hung up on this, this is a big day for the league and there are more important things to be talking about. Really hoping to see a sell out crowd.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5286
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:38 pm

BigGee wrote:

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.

Big Gee - your description of it was “ an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”
Claiming that Cullen was attempting to invoke sectarianism is the bit I was taking issue with because it’s patently not true. In fact, if all you had said was that it was an ill-judged comment that would have been the end of it.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Eejit on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:48 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
BigGee wrote:

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.

Big Gee - your description of it was “ an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”
Claiming that Cullen was attempting to invoke sectarianism is the bit I was taking issue with because it’s patently not true.   In fact, if all you had said was that it was an ill-judged comment that would have been the end of it.  

Any chance we could leave this discussion there lads? I already spend way too much time hating Celtic and everything about them, i like to come here to get away from all that!

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:52 pm

Eejit wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
BigGee wrote:

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.

Big Gee - your description of it was “ an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”
Claiming that Cullen was attempting to invoke sectarianism is the bit I was taking issue with because it’s patently not true.   In fact, if all you had said was that it was an ill-judged comment that would have been the end of it.  

Any chance we could leave this discussion there lads? I already spend way too much time hating Celtic and everything about them, i like to come here to get away from all that!

You’ll have to talk to a moderator about that. This toxic topic might have to be closed - a bit like the PRO14 ones. Wink.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Lagon on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:54 pm

Pot, there's plenty who would identify Cullens comment as sectarian, considering the sectarian divide between Rangers and Celtic.
I personally believe it was tongue in cheek, but rather ill-advised. As an Ulsterman I knew it would cause a storm. My hope is it will be short lived. I think it will be.
Silly comment from Cullen and the proof is how it has put fans against each other.


Last edited by Lagon on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagon

Posts : 82
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Eejit on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:55 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Eejit wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
BigGee wrote:

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.

Big Gee - your description of it was “ an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”
Claiming that Cullen was attempting to invoke sectarianism is the bit I was taking issue with because it’s patently not true.   In fact, if all you had said was that it was an ill-judged comment that would have been the end of it.  

Any chance we could leave this discussion there lads? I already spend way too much time hating Celtic and everything about them, i like to come here to get away from all that!

You’ll have to talk to a moderator about that. This toxic topic might have to be closed - a bit like the PRO14 ones.  Wink.

We should be okay if we start talking about the match as there no Welsh Posters here yet.

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Lagon on Sun 19 May 2019, 8:56 pm

Agree fully.

Lagon

Posts : 82
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 19 May 2019, 9:04 pm

Eejit wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Eejit wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
BigGee wrote:

If it was a joke, then it was not in good taste.

He would not have made a sectarian related joke like that about Northern Ireland, would he?

I am quite happy to leave my description of it as 'ill-judged' and I don't want it to overshadow either the match itself or this thread, which should be about the match. So I will leave that as my final comment on this.

Big Gee - your description of it was “ an ill judged attempt to envoke a bit of sectarianism by Leo Cullen.”
Claiming that Cullen was attempting to invoke sectarianism is the bit I was taking issue with because it’s patently not true.   In fact, if all you had said was that it was an ill-judged comment that would have been the end of it.  

Any chance we could leave this discussion there lads? I already spend way too much time hating Celtic and everything about them, i like to come here to get away from all that!

You’ll have to talk to a moderator about that. This toxic topic might have to be closed - a bit like the PRO14 ones.  Wink.

We should be okay if we start talking about the match as there no Welsh Posters here yet.

Ah fair point. I thought Big Gee was Welsh - my mistake.

Carry on talking about the game. I still think the Glasgow Warriors will win it.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Sun 19 May 2019, 9:15 pm

I tend to agree with Demosthenes, Cullen does try to equate Saturday's match with an Old Firm game. Posters who don't live in central Scotland or Ulster will probably struggle to understand why those who do (or did) are reacting so strongly to what some might consider harmless banter.

Here was my take on it earlier;

Collapse, since moving dahn sarf thirty years ago there is a trope which has recurred every time I meet a fellow exile. Eventually talk turns from "what do you miss most?" to "what do you not miss at all?": invariably the answer is "BIGOTRY". Religious bigotry is a cancer eating at the heart of the West of Scotland. Cullen should be ashamed of himself.


Just for the record I am a Partick Thistle supporting atheist.

I think it's what American political journalists would call a "dog whistle comment" ; most people don't hear it but if you are attuned the message can be heard loud and clear.

On the other hand....I think Plug is worried about the crowd being the XVIth Warrior and is desperately trying to get some support from any Celtic fans who might be tempted to come along.

Then again he is doing this by portraying the match as a rugby version of Celtic-Rangers. picard


he is either as daft as he looks or he is deeply cynical and should be ashamed of himself. warning

jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by IanBru on Mon 20 May 2019, 7:41 am

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 3feb0810
IanBru
IanBru

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 20 May 2019, 8:50 am

IanBru wrote:Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 3feb0810

Oh look you made a leprechaun joke. Unbelievably racist whilst attempting to invoke humour.    He doesn’t even look like Rita Hayworth.   Can I get a copy of that for my cell?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by IanBru on Mon 20 May 2019, 9:00 am

It’s not a leprechaun, it’s Mark Rylance playing the Big Friendly Giant...
IanBru
IanBru

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 10:34 am

Pot Hale wrote:
IanBru wrote:Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 3feb0810

Oh look you made a leprechaun joke. Unbelievably racist whilst attempting to invoke humour.    He doesn’t even look like Rita Hayworth.   Can I get a copy of that for my cell?

Pot Hale, warning

You made an oblique reference to The Shawshank Redemption Shocked To Bru Shocked Shocked Shocked No!!!

Fecc that's Leo Cullen forgotten all we'll get now is Bru's top five thousand movie moments, with exegisis for the hard of thinking. picard

jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by tigertattie on Mon 20 May 2019, 10:43 am

I'm no Mod, but how about we leave this as the match thread to discuss the rugby and any comments on Cullen's comments can be directed to

http://www.606v2.com/t68770-a-leo-cullen-own-goal
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7037
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 20 May 2019, 10:44 am

IanBru wrote:It’s not a leprechaun, it’s Mark Rylance playing the Big Friendly Giant...

Same difference. Who is Mark Rylance anyway? Does he support Rangers or Celtic?

More importantly, if all the Celtic fans are in Florida watching a cup match, how could they be in Celtic Park?

And if Leinster fans are all wearing blue, will Celtic fans get confused?

Given the age and injury status of some of the players in both teams, should we call it the Wee Bit Infirm Derby?

Would it be safer if I just stayed in my hotel room in Glasgow and watch it on my iPad?

Do they sell alcohol at all? I heard they close pubs after 5, but not sure if that’s am or pm?

Should I ask for a Mars Bar with my fry in the morning?

How should I console desolate Glasgow fans after the match - let them buy me a pint?

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 20 May 2019, 10:50 am

tigertattie wrote:I'm no Mod, but how about we leave this as the match thread to discuss the rugby and any comments on Cullen's comments can be directed to

http://www.606v2.com/t68770-a-leo-cullen-own-goal

I can’t possibly comment on the match while it’s still called a Playoff Final. Do the mods around here have any standards at all to allow such an egregious error to be made and remain uncorrected?

PS. What would be a safe pub to drink in before the match?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 10:53 am

Anyhoo, back at the rugby.

Can we just take a moment to consider Robert Harley?

Saturday will be his nine millionth appearance for Glasgow. He has made forty thousand tackles this season and eighty five thousand carries.

Recently he has redefined the role of a 6. He now batters the opposition senseless for an hour then asks his second rows if any of them are worn out by resting their heads on the front rows' arses. If the answer is yes he sends one of them off for a kip and goes into the second row and really starts work.

This then allows DR to put two flankers on the bench. Which enhances DR's "play at high speed and amphetamine tempo for 80 minutes" gameplan. Ulster's fatboys must have been weeping inside when Batman and the Mullet came on for the last quarter on Friday night.

It has to be said Big Bad Bob is a one off.

As Max Miller used to say, "Enjoy me while you can, missus, there'll never be another."


Last edited by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 11:05 am

Pot Hale wrote:
IanBru wrote:It’s not a leprechaun, it’s Mark Rylance playing the Big Friendly Giant...

Same difference.  Who is Mark Rylance anyway?   Does he support Rangers or Celtic?  Pot, if you ever get the chance to see Mark Rylance at the Globe theatre...sell your granny's kidneys for the ticket. He's the Finn Russell of the theatre.

More importantly, if all the Celtic fans are in Florida watching a cup match, how could they be in Celtic Park? Nah, they'll be in Mount Florida, easy mistake. Not so many Mickey's but plenty Goofy.

And if Leinster fans are all wearing blue, will Celtic fans get confused?  They're flexible; they'll bottle anyone ...if they ask nicely.

Given the age and injury status of some of the players in both teams, should we call it the Wee Bit Infirm Derby? picard

Would it be safer if I just stayed in my hotel room in Glasgow and watch it on my iPad? Dunno....What size are the rats?

Do they sell alcohol at all?  I heard they close pubs after 5, but not sure if that’s am or pm? Listen to Frankie Miller's ode to Glasgow "Drunken Night In The City" that might give you an idea.

Should I ask for a Mars Bar with my fry in the morning? Just off George's Square is a café called Wee Guys. Best full Scottish breakfast in Glasgow. The Stornaway black pudding is excellent.

How should I console desolate Glasgow fans after the match - let them buy me a pint? Console us for manshaming you lot?


I'll be there with Bru. Maybe we'll bump into each other. He'll be the one explaining why Shawshank is one of the best movies ever. I'll be the one whose ears are bleeding.

jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 20 May 2019, 11:08 am

Yes indeed. Josh van der Flier wasn’t far behind in making 16 tackles, and making SOB think he should have moved to Irish two seasons ago. His invisibility red scrum cap obviously helps as well as the refs never see him.

Cullen apparently is planning to put the first team out on Saturday though so he might not get onto the bench.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by tigertattie on Mon 20 May 2019, 12:21 pm

jimbopip wrote:Anyhoo, back at the rugby.

Can we just take a moment to consider Robert Harley?

Saturday will be his nine millionth appearance for Glasgow. He has made forty thousand tackles this season and eighty five thousand carries.

Recently he has redefined the role of a 6. He now batters the opposition senseless for an hour then asks his second rows if any of them are worn out by resting their heads on the front rows' arses. If the answer is yes he sends one of them off for a kip and goes into the second row and really starts work.

This then allows DR to put two flankers on the bench. Which enhances DR's "play at high speed and amphetamine tempo for 80 minutes" gameplan. Ulster's fatboys must have been weeping inside when Batman and the Mullet came on for the last quarter on Friday night.

It has to be said Big Bad Bob is a one off.

As Max Miller used to say, "Enjoy me while you can, missus, there'll never be another."

Bob is indeed the epitome of the club man. He's just always there.

He’s got a great engine and is defensively the exact player that Glasgow need as he’s by far a more defensively minded player rather than a hanging out with the backs show pony type. When I say defensive, this includes “defending” the ball when you have possession by clearing rucks.

The only part of the game that let Bob down was his carrying. On the international stage he just isn’t the destructive carrying force as some other players which is why these days, he rarely gets to pull on the dark blue of Scotland.

The original Ginger Tackle monster and by all accounts, a gentleman off the park!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7037
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by RDW on Mon 20 May 2019, 12:23 pm

Going to be a hell of a match. Full strength Leinster this season has only lost to Toulouse and Saracens - are Glasgow good enough to join that company?

If they play as they did against Ulster they stand a good chance, but Leinster are going to be a lot better then Ulster were.

The other thing is do Leinster have enough left in the tank? Been a brutal few weeks for them.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28261
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Collapse2005 on Mon 20 May 2019, 12:25 pm

Glasgow has every chance of winning this game, great side and plenty of talent at home Id say they are favorites.

Collapse2005

Posts : 4792
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by bsando on Mon 20 May 2019, 1:35 pm

Glasgow certainly need to put in a big defensive shift and not lose their focus when some of their attacking plays inevitably go nowhere. Leinster are such a difficult team to breakdown. Glasgow are probably at their best when they have space to play and I doubt Leinster will be as obliging as Ulster were last Friday evening. 

It’s going to be a close game, I think Leinster may nick it as I doubt they’ll be happy to play two finals and come a way with no silverware. Plus Glasgow have pressure of being in their home city to contend with.

bsando

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 31
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 2:11 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Glasgow has every chance of winning this game, great side and plenty of talent at home Id say they are favorites.

In the words of my favourite clergymen,

NONE OF THAT SORT OF THING HERE.

CAREFUL NOW.

jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Eejit on Mon 20 May 2019, 2:19 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Glasgow has every chance of winning this game, great side and plenty of talent at home Id say they are favorites.

In the words of my favourite clergymen,

NONE OF THAT SORT OF THING HERE.

CAREFUL NOW.

We are going to win. Yahoo

Eejit

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by IanBru on Mon 20 May 2019, 2:27 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Glasgow has every chance of winning this game, great side and plenty of talent at home Id say they are favorites.
"Baldrick, have you been on the diesel oil again?"

jimbopip wrote:
I'll be there with Bru. Maybe we'll bump into each other. He'll be the one explaining why Shawshank is one of the best movies ever. I'll be the one whose ears are bleeding.
Jim, Jim, Jim... You clearly haven't been listening all these years. Shawshank is a country mile from being the greatest film of all time.

No, that honour is reserved for Fritz Lang's 1927 classic 'Metropolis', or the original 'Blade Runner'. Interestingly, Blade Runner came up as a question when I appeared on Eggheads a few years ago...

[Hagia Sophia grabs keyboard and roundhouse kicks it out the window.]

It's time for lunch, apparently.
IanBru
IanBru

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by RDW on Mon 20 May 2019, 2:40 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Glasgow has every chance of winning this game, great side and plenty of talent at home Id say they are favorites.

In the words of my favourite clergymen,

NONE OF THAT SORT OF THING HERE.


CAREFUL NOW.

Who said that? Because it certainly wans't Father Ted!

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Dh7_RobVMAE79nh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28261
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by rodders on Mon 20 May 2019, 2:42 pm

Form wise you'd have to fancy Glasgow, especially at home but I have a feeling Leinster will overpower them up front - Glasgow won't get the clean possession and win the collisions the way they did last week against Ulster.

It's a hard one to call but definitely the 2 best sides in the league this season.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25358
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 2:47 pm

RDW wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Glasgow has every chance of winning this game, great side and plenty of talent at home Id say they are favorites.

In the words of my favourite clergymen,

NONE OF THAT SORT OF THING HERE.


CAREFUL NOW.

Who said that? Because it certainly wans't Father Ted!

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Dh7_RobVMAE79nh

Inability to spell the simplest of contractions disqualifies your nitpicking comment. Whistle

However, let's keep the Ladyboys as runaway favourites. They'll walk all over us and do a lap of honour where they rip off their jerseys and show the green and white hooped underneath.

We haven't a chance.


jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by RDW on Mon 20 May 2019, 2:55 pm

Will be interesting to see if Glasgow really have learnt their lessons from the Sarries game. Their performances since then suggest they have, but they have not come up against a team who could come close to matching Sarries' brutal physicality and suffocating game - until this Saturday when they play Leinster's full strength team.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28261
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by EST on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:10 pm

I caught myself thinking that Glasgow might well be the favourites for this game...and then I reminded myself of the team that Leinster can put out. Yes, they will be a bit battle weary, but I can see the big match experienced and physicality giving them the upper hand.

Glasgow most certainly have a chance though, i've been so impressed at how they have responded to the Sarries performance - they are playing with much more patience and solidity. Key to that I think has been the inclusion of Steyn in the midfield - he knits that whole backline together with very good defence, and a ball carrying option that was a bit lacking before - see his burst before the Harley try as a perfect example.

EST

Posts : 1385
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by RugbyFan100 on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:15 pm

IanBru wrote:
Jim, Jim, Jim... You clearly haven't been listening all these years. Shawshank is a country mile from being the greatest film of all time.

No, that honour is reserved for Fritz Lang's 1927 classic 'Metropolis', or the original 'Blade Runner'.


Firstly, while both great - neither of those films are even the best Sci-Fi movie of all time, yet alone the best outright film. That honour would go to '2001: A Space Odyssey'.

But we agreed that Shawshank doesn't deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as the phrase 'best film of all time'.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:33 pm

Are you kidding? 2001 isn't the best sci-fi movie ever. (Blade Runner Directors Cut)

It's not the best Kubrick movie ever. (The Shining, Clockwork Orange which is Leo Cullen's favourite)

It's not even the best movie with monkeys in it ever. (That was "Monkey Business" directed by Howard Hawks and starring Cary Grant. They went on to make the best film ever to feature a leopard, Bringing Up Baby since you asked. And no...it is not about bulimic cannibals.)

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Marcus Smith; everyone nods their head and agrees he's really special but he never really does anything.

I think Shawshank is "alright" but isn't in my top 100.


Last edited by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by tigertattie on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:33 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
IanBru wrote:
Jim, Jim, Jim... You clearly haven't been listening all these years. Shawshank is a country mile from being the greatest film of all time.

No, that honour is reserved for Fritz Lang's 1927 classic 'Metropolis', or the original 'Blade Runner'.


Firstly, while both great -  neither of those films are even the best Sci-Fi movie of all time, yet alone the best outright film. That honour would go to '2001: A Space Odyssey'.

But we agreed that Shawshank doesn't deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as the phrase 'best film of all time'.

2001 isn't the best sci fi film of all time!

That accoldade is reserved for Termors 2, or Sharknado
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7037
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by RugbyFan100 on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:43 pm

jimbopip wrote:Are you kidding? 2001 isn't the best sci-fi movie ever. (Blade Runner Directors Cut)

It's not the best Kubrick movie ever. (The Shining, Clockwork Orange which is Leo Cullen's favourite)

It's not even the best movie with monkeys in it ever. (That was "Monkey Business" directed by Howard Hawks and starring Cary Grant. They went on to make the best film ever to feature a leopard, Bringing Up Baby since you asked. And no...it is not about bulimic cannibals.)

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Marcus Smith; everyone nods their head and agrees he's really special but he never really does anything.

I think Shawshank is "alright" but isn't in my top 100.

I agree 2001 isn't the best Kubrick movie ever. But it definitely is the best sci fi movie ever. The visuals alone are some of the most breathtaking images put to film. I don't think Blade Runner would have even existed without it.

The best movie with monkeys in it is clearly Trading Places.

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Christian Cullen. Scintillating in every aspect.


RugbyFan100

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by jimbopip on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:55 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Are you kidding? 2001 isn't the best sci-fi movie ever. (Blade Runner Directors Cut)

It's not the best Kubrick movie ever. (The Shining, Clockwork Orange which is Leo Cullen's favourite)

It's not even the best movie with monkeys in it ever. (That was "Monkey Business" directed by Howard Hawks and starring Cary Grant. They went on to make the best film ever to feature a leopard, Bringing Up Baby since you asked. And no...it is not about bulimic cannibals.)

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Marcus Smith; everyone nods their head and agrees he's really special but he never really does anything.

I think Shawshank is "alright" but isn't in my top 100.

I agree 2001 isn't the best Kubrick movie ever. But it definitely is the best sci fi movie ever. The visuals alone are some of the most breathtaking images put to film. I don't think Blade Runner would have even existed without it.

The best movie with monkeys in it is clearly Trading Places.

If 2001 was a rugby player it would be Christian Cullen. Scintillating in every aspect.


No one ever asked what was the point of Christian Cullen. No one ever walked out halfway through one of his line breaks.

jimbopip

Posts : 4984
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Pro14 Final 25th May 2019

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum