The Aston Villa it’s good to be back thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Aston Villa it’s good to be back thread - Page 2 Empty The Aston Villa it’s good to be back thread

Post by westisbest on Wed 29 May 2019, 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Great win on Monday.

Gonna be an interesting summer ahead for the villa. Hopefully get whatever loan players we can signed up.
Mings and Axel would be a great start.
We need a decent left back. Another attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder.

Another striker. Owners have said they will spend a good bit of money. Hopefully it’s used wisely.

Have enjoyed the championship to be honest, but a great feeling to be back.
If we didn’t win Monday, would of been a long time in the championship.
Wasn’t looking possible back in March. Incredible run did the job in the end. Was a great time. Certainly won’t go on any kind of run next season.
Fair play to Smith, Terry and the rest of the coaches and back room staff.

Here’s hoping to another 20+ and more years in the top flight.
Will enjoy the summer and look forward to the fixtures.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

The Aston Villa it’s good to be back thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aston Villa it’s good to be back thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:26 pm

Sad to see that people want Smith out, yes it has been a tough season but realistically who are you going to get in? Big Sam?
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Aston Villa it’s good to be back thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aston Villa it’s good to be back thread

Post by westisbest on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:58 pm

Smith just seems out of his depth.
Yes he got us up and would be great if we had done better.

The football isn’t great. Saints and Bournemouth away recently was just dreadful.

Hasn’t made great decisions. Makes subs to later in games.

I actually like the bloke, like I do Bruce, but I can’t see us staying up if he stays.

Who would we get in if he does go, which I think he won’t. Who knows.

I hope we do stay up and he proves us wrong, but at this stage it’s not looking likely.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:25 pm

That’s my issue, really. So many failed before him in the Champ, and he’s basically got a really tough job. Sheffield United are a freak but it’s worth remembering very pretty Norwich are bottom. Villa are 2 points behind with a game in hand.

A local manager who has achieved with the club, got Grealish playing, probably had his most important (whisper that quietly) player taken away in McGinn and then lost his ‘keeper.

I’m generally of the opinion you keep the man who got you up unless he’s obviously failed through incompetence. Not sure Smith has

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 12:05 pm

Don't disagree with much of that but the problem with Villa at the moment is that they're not even competing. If they were making a fist of each game I'd think differently but, match after match, they're just getting rolled over. Most fans (from what I see on Twitter anyway) have been patient and supportive throughout the season but it is now reaching a stage where his competence is being called into question.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 1:45 pm

McGinn and Heaton have been big losses.

A real shame Wesley didn’t do better either.

It’s tough though.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 2:26 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:That’s my issue, really. So many failed before him in the Champ, and he’s basically got a really tough job. Sheffield United are a freak but it’s worth remembering very pretty Norwich are bottom. Villa are 2 points behind with a game in hand.

A local manager who has achieved with the club, got Grealish playing, probably had his most important (whisper that quietly) player taken away in McGinn and then lost his ‘keeper.

I’m generally of the opinion you keep the man who got you up unless he’s obviously failed through incompetence. Not sure Smith has

Agree with this - Villa are 2 points off safety, with a game in hand, having lost some key players to injury and having had a cup run to the final, and played well in that final.

Even if they do go down, are they going to get someone better than Smith to bring them back up? He's a proven pretty damn good manager at the level below, if the worst case scenario does happen
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue 17 Mar 2020, 7:28 pm

westi,
I'm starting to see reports of Peter Whittingham's death, apparently due to a "fall". 35. Ridiculous. Fine player for you guys, and Cardiif.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Wed 18 Mar 2020, 3:54 pm

Hi Kwini.

Yeah heard about that. Heard that he had died.
Then someone posted a tweet to say he was seriously injured.

Although on a villa page on Facebook it said he had died.

Very sad, quite liked Whittingham. Gave it his all.

Seems like there is a curse with ex villa players passing away over the last few years.

Atkinson, Ehiough, Regis, Samuel.

RIP.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Wed 18 Mar 2020, 4:50 pm

Just read that he’s in recovery.

Hopefully a speedy one.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Just John on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 2:24 pm

Confirmed that Peter Whittingham has now sadly passed away.

Just John

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 2:58 pm

Just John wrote:Confirmed that Peter Whittingham has now sadly passed away.

Terrible news,
Just watched a video of dozens of his "greatest" goals, wonderful, LeTiss-like striker of a ball.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 7:12 pm

Really sad. Another good one gone.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum