The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azzrentice - Task 2 - Team Sterling - Twist, Nando, Trebs, Fluxy

4 posters

Go down

Azzrentice - Task 2 - Team Sterling - Twist, Nando, Trebs, Fluxy Empty Azzrentice - Task 2 - Team Sterling - Twist, Nando, Trebs, Fluxy

Post by TwisT Fri 07 Jun 2019, 3:40 pm

I have no idea about Football Index, so if you 3 have then let me know and I will allocate jobs.

The way I see it is:

Job 1: Current players on FI that are likely to have a price rise soon

I am assuming those that could transfer to bigger clubs (Daniel James) or those in newly promoted teams

Job 2: Stars of the future (or least over the next 12 months)

So, as an example, Adam Lewis from Liverpool

Also need to bear in mind it is over 12 months. So that will include the END of next season and also the lead up to Euro 2020. Therefore I think we should look at players that are in clubs that could be promoted at the end of next season and those players likely to receive a boost just before Euro 2020.

Also, another idea of mine is to target African Cup of Nations players that may do well but are cheap at the moment. I assume their will be clubs in Europe looking at the teams competing before potential transfers ahead of the new season.

So firstly.....who has knowledge of FI?

Then....what do you feel about the above approach?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Azzrentice - Task 2 - Team Sterling - Twist, Nando, Trebs, Fluxy Empty Re: Azzrentice - Task 2 - Team Sterling - Twist, Nando, Trebs, Fluxy

Post by Trebs Fri 07 Jun 2019, 5:57 pm

I know absolutely nothing about football index.

Need to clarify if it's like fantasy football with the 4-3-3 formation? Or whether he's expecting a balanced team (i.e. can w have three out and out strikers and three attacking midfielders?)

As mentioned on the main page I'm going to be away from tomorrow until a week Monday so will only have a couple of days at the end of the task.

I'll download the app/go on site and read up a bit more about it.

First sort of ideas that spring to mind are to look at the three promoted clubs. If any of their players impress in the PL that could be the ticket. Joe Aribo (Charlton) is a player that springs to mind as a possibility as well.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Azzrentice - Task 2 - Team Sterling - Twist, Nando, Trebs, Fluxy Empty Re: Azzrentice - Task 2 - Team Sterling - Twist, Nando, Trebs, Fluxy

Post by TwisT Fri 07 Jun 2019, 6:27 pm

Ok Trebs if you send me your ideas before you go away that will help.

Then when you come back I will make your job the write up as it's unfair to expect you to contribute when you are a way and back with only a few days left.

Us 3 can get together and plan it out and write it roughly and you can format it when you get back.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 10 Jun 2019, 1:02 pm

Nando/Fluxy - Any ideas? Do you use FI?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 11 Jun 2019, 3:26 pm

Not a clue about FI. 

if it's about young players moving soon surely someone like Leroy Sane should be in the team incase he moves to Bayern?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 12 Jun 2019, 9:58 am

Think it is more those people that aren't already of value. I am guessing Sane would be quite expensive already and not sure a move would make that big a jump.

We are looking for the young kids that might be pushed to the first team and excel (like Adam Lewis) or those in other leagues/countries that no one has heard of that could make a big impact coming to a "higher" league. Or those that are in newly promoted teams (Joe Aribo).

Also, as I said earlier, it is over 12 months. So that will include the END of next season and also the lead up to Euro 2020. Therefore I think we should look at players that are in clubs that could be promoted at the end of next season and those players likely to receive a boost just before Euro 2020.

Also, another idea of mine is to target African Cup of Nations players that may do well but are cheap at the moment. I assume their will be clubs in Europe looking at the teams competing before potential transfers ahead of the new season.

My approach will be:

1. Young kids with likely push to first team
2. Promoted teams and those likely to be promoted next season
3. African players
4. Unknowns with transfer rumours around them

I think 3 and 4 is a more risky approach as Azzy will have to infer whether the player will do well/the deal will go through. I think 1 is the safest option, alongside 2. But a mix would be good.

I am going to do some scouting today and tomorrow, and then compare to https://www.footballindex.co.uk/stockmarket/team

Can you and Fluxy do the same please. I think the approach is to, in a 1-4-3-3 formation, come up with 2-3 players in each position and then compare via PM. Also give some reasons alongside the players as it will make our submission stronger.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 12 Jun 2019, 3:43 pm

Sorry gentlemen, only back in the country from a long weekend where the rugby got in the way of the drinking. 

Will take a look through this and try and input.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 14 Jun 2019, 2:49 pm

I'm not been able to look at this at all. Won't be able to til Monday now.

Don't worry, I will take the fall for it. Not a very good team leader

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 17 Jun 2019, 12:04 pm

Cheers for asking the question on the homepage, it does confirm that we need some sort of balance to our team then.

If I'm being really honest I'm confused how these rankings work. Pogba is the most expensive player, and someone like Andrew Robertson is dirt cheap. Is it the 'cool' players we want, those that appeal to younger fans? I'm wondering if most people that use football index are 18 year olds?

Another idea is taking players from teams like Lille and Atlanta who will be in the Champions League next season?

I'm happy to do a write up if you can get an XI to me and some brief notes on each player, then I can expand.

The way I see it the schedule should be something like:
- Team decided by Tuesday (tomorrow)
- Writeup completed by end of Weds (24 hour turnaround)
- Tweaks etc Weds night/Thurs morning

Hope that works out.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 17 Jun 2019, 12:18 pm

That's what i thought Trebs when read about it. It is a half way house between fifa (oh look what players I have shares in e.g. Pogba) and a share index where you try and make money.

I agree with that schedule - I don't want to leave it all to you to do though. We should have had something for you by now. Real life has got in the way for me. Hope holiday was good.

To be blunt, I will try and get something for tomorrow. Can you guys just try and get some suggestions too so we can submit something. I fully intend to fall on my sword though as I don't have the time I thought I did.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 17 Jun 2019, 1:19 pm

Castagne, the Atlanta right back has been linked with a move to Palace. Think he'd be a good bet.

Is James Rodriguez worth a punt at £1.90? Isn't going back to Bayern, likely to be leaving Real, new move could increase his value.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Jun 2019, 3:07 pm

Dani Ceballos/Marcos Llorente both leaving Madrid too. 
Djene quality african defender in La Liga 
Yannick Carrasco heading back to Europe.
Joao Felix moving from Benfica to Atletico where he'll play could be a shout.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Jun 2019, 3:09 pm

Maxi Gomez moving from Celta to West Ham/Valencia
Smith Rowe/Nelson will probably get some game time at Arsenal next year.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Jun 2019, 3:12 pm

Ziyech said he's leaving Ajax to a big club so it's just a matter that he'll move up over time.

All look at the Norwich Full Backs & Godfrey

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 17 Jun 2019, 3:19 pm

Aren't these players too obvious though? Some of them already have a fair bit of hype around them and have already risen in market value.

I think we need to be one step ahead and thinking outside the box. Being bold with a couple of big players, like possibly Sane.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Jun 2019, 3:25 pm

i put Sane above tbf. 

Got the Copa America so may look at the likes of Quintero etc

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 17 Jun 2019, 4:18 pm

Yeah I know. I think he's a good shout.

I like Quintero

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Jun 2019, 4:21 pm

What about Junior Firpo being touted as Marcelo's replacement at Real Madrid currently at Lowly Betis.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Jun 2019, 4:25 pm

Lozano to Napoli going under radar too

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 18 Jun 2019, 12:16 pm

---------------------?????---------------------
---Castagne---Godfrey------?????-------Firpo---
-----------------------------------------------
-----------Quintero---Aribo---James------------
-----Lozano------------------------Sane--------

This is my understanding of where we're at?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 18 Jun 2019, 12:52 pm

Castagne - 0.58
Godfrey - 0.87
Firpo - 0.84
Quintero - 0.38
Aribo - 0.61
James Rodriguez - 1.88
Lozano - 1.59
Sane - 2.33

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 18 Jun 2019, 12:56 pm

Trebs wrote:---------------------?????---------------------
---Castagne---Godfrey------?????-------Firpo---
-----------Quintero---Aribo---James------------
-----Lozano------------------------Sane--------

This is my understanding of where we're at?
I still think Djene would be a good choice for CB.

At Getafe was in TOTS and got ACON soon too linked with moves elsewhere 

Maybe Maxi Gomez for ST since moving from Celta to Valencia/West Ham

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 18 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm

Some cheap lads to look into 

40 Johannes Eggestein
40 Angelino < Linked to Man City
39 Mothiba
39 vlasic
38 Petagna
38 Lucas Ocampos
38 Mahmoud Dahoud
37 Niang
37 Laborde
37 Jordi Mboula
36 Joao Carvalho
36 Rolando Mandragora
36 Bourigeaud
35 Lukas Klostermann
34 Denayer
34 Manuel Locatelli
34 Kwateng
33 Semdo
33 Anton
33 Zaydou Youssouf
32 Delort
31 BABACAR
29 Timothy Castagne
29 Rayhaan Tulloch
28 Alban Lafont
28 Unal
28 Iheancho
28 Siebatcheu
27 Audero
27 Timothy Tillman
27 Ponce
27 Lainer
27 Nicholas Gonzales
26 Kwadwo Asamoah
26 Patson Daka
23 Delaney
22 Lee Seung-Woo
22 Miranchuk
21 Yannick Gerhardt
21 Sebastian Driussi
19 Ben Sheaf
18 Luca Vido

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 18 Jun 2019, 1:43 pm

I'm happy to go for Djene.

If we can get a side together by today then I'll write it up tomorrow.

It's good to have the cheap players in there but I also think we need a couple of superstar punts too.

Quintero is a very good shout the more I think about it and see his price.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 18 Jun 2019, 2:16 pm

Joao Carvalho and Lafont are good shouts from the list nando.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 18 Jun 2019, 4:02 pm

Is there any high profiled players we should look to include that's moved. So Hazard, Mendy, Rodri & Cancelo (linked to Citeh) De Gea (Linked to Madrid/PSG), De Ligt, Dybala, Llorente, Bale etc

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 19 Jun 2019, 10:30 am

My line up above with De Gea, Dybala and Djene added?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Jun 2019, 1:26 pm

Sounds good tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 19 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm

This is my contribution. if anyone can add to it, change anything they see fit then that would be great.

Perhaps an explanation of how we came to the team we did, how there's a mix of different priced players and from different leagues?

Spoiler:

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:02 pm

Not sure Fifa needs to be mentioned, Maybe mention Djene made La Liga team of the season instead

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 19 Jun 2019, 4:20 pm

Okay - feel free to update or rewrite as you see fit Ok!

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 19 Jun 2019, 8:48 pm

Is anyone doing anything with this or am I going to have to write the whole submission

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 20 Jun 2019, 12:40 pm

Well i mean you literally had wrote it up anyway yet decided unprompted to whack in Poopie tom davies.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 20 Jun 2019, 12:42 pm

I decided to do it because Quintero has from the looks of things a bad injury, and is missing the copa America which was one of the big selling points.

Nobody bothered to give any feedback so I had to make my own judgement call.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 20 Jun 2019, 12:46 pm

Literally gave you feedback yesterday about not mentioning Fifa that's all ye needed to take out.

Also gave you a massive list of players that were cheap and quality. Probably should of used that instead of a random pick.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 20 Jun 2019, 12:51 pm

Maybe you could have put in the submission then with those adjustments. I didn't see that you were about to submit it.

You posted a list of players, no comments, nothing. Just a list of unfiltered information rather than something of use. Not even the positions they play in. If we lose due to Tom Davies, at least it's because I tried to do something.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 20 Jun 2019, 12:56 pm

If we lose due to Tom Davies, at least it's because I tried to do something.

Nope it's cos your incompetent

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 20 Jun 2019, 1:04 pm

There's no use being competent if it's not applied at all.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down