The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Be_the_ball
Davie
Collapse2005
superflyweight
JAS
Roller_Coaster
dynamark
wiretapper
super_realist
beninho
westisbest
pedro
navyblueshorts
kwinigolfer
McLaren
19 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 31 May 2019, 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kwini

It amazes me that a professional footballer can end up one footed. Just practice with your weak foot every day.

I remember spending a summer playing with only my left foot in the garden. Came back next season two footed.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Oct 2019, 8:33 am

super_realist wrote:Paul Hollywood facing criticism for calling a desert "diabetes" on a plate. How pathetic are these peoples lives that they would be "offended" by that?
Pretty pathetic. How very 'First World' of them. That said, the amount of drivel spoken about so-called 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' foods is more indication (as if it were needed) of the level of shallow stupidity so many are now at.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Thu 24 Oct 2019, 9:32 am

super_realist wrote:Paul Hollywood facing criticism for calling a desert "diabetes" on a plate. How pathetic are these peoples lives that they would be "offended" by that?
Was he referring to Sahara?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Oct 2019, 10:31 am

super_realist wrote:
You're also the one who wants to live under an SNP governed Independent Scotland Mac. How good do you think that will be?

I have never said that I want to live under an SNP government in an independent Scotland. What I have said is that faced with living in either a brexited UK or an independent Scotland, I would currently consider voting for Scottish independence as the lesser of two evils. As it stands I hope that brexit can be avoided and I don't have to make that choice.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Oct 2019, 10:34 am

Navy

I asked what your issue was with NI and Scotland and you responded with "Take your pick", but all I can find to pick from is your vague notion that they "whinge" a lot. Do you have any more reasons for wishing NI and Scotland would leave the UK or at least a more specific idea about what you meant by whinge?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Oct 2019, 1:10 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

I asked what your issue was with NI and Scotland and you responded with "Take your pick", but all I can find to pick from is your vague notion that they "whinge" a lot.  Do you have any more reasons for wishing NI and Scotland would leave the UK or at least a more specific idea about what you meant by whinge?
Jesus, Mac. Anyone at home? How clear do you wish me to be? I'm not sure I can be clearer: I am fed up with Scot/WelshNats whining about independence and not "getting the Government they voted for" (whatever that means) et-bloody-cetera. I am fed up with Scotland voting to stay in the U.K. (2014), but then returning almost exclusively SNP MPs to Westminster (2015 GE) so they can have the best of both worlds. I am fed up with Scotland having tax-raising powers, but the SNP preferring to avoid doing so (while blaming Westminster for anything they fancy) and yet still distributing free health care, prescriptions, education etc. Plaid in Wales have been less mouthy in the past, but they're working on it. As to N.I. (and apologies to the majority, who I'm sure are normal people), why the **** would we want either the DUP etc or Sinn Fein etc? Wingnuts the lot of them. Maybe Brexit will cause the reunification of Ireland as laid out in the Good Friday Agreement? Has to be something good come of it, doesn't there?

If they want independence, let them have it and they can then naff off and live happily ever after. In fact, forget the 'want', why don't we offer it to them as a 'this is what you're getting' kind of fait accompli?

Maybe as newly independent England, Scotland, Wales and a complete Ireland, we can all negotiate mature, fully-engaged relationships with a revised EU in the future? Hopefully, because we sure as schidt can't do it as the U.K.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Oct 2019, 2:29 pm

Navy

You seem to have more of an issue with the SNP rather than Scotland, should those of us who have never and would never vote SNP be thrown out of the UK because a political party had a few successful years?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Oct 2019, 5:02 pm

You seem to have more of an issue with the SNP rather than Scotland, should those of us who have never and would never vote SNP be thrown out of the UK because a political party had a few successful years?
Yep. Sorry. However, I'm not talking about Scotland being ejected from the rU.K.; I'm talking about the complete breakup of the U.K. into it's constituent nations who then do their own things. Don't you think you can manage as a mature 21st century country? Also not just the SNP is it? It's apparently ~50% of the Scottish electorate and growing. If it's a majority and they vote to leave the Union, I'm afraid that includes you as well, doesn't it? That's (allegedly) democracy - whoopee! Or is that another one of those "Not fair! This isn't the Government I voted for!" kind of things?

IMO, Brexit has killed the UK, but that process was started by the devolved Governments/Assemblies etc. You can't give people a bit of independence and expect them not to want the rest when they were once independent countries. They'll steadily mature in their devolved bodies and ask the natural question about why they cannot have it all.

We could have a mature debate about the future of the Union and how the constituent nations contribute politically, financially, militarily etc I suppose (unlikely in these islands, it would seem), but either way, I would like to see people either put up, or stfu and run their own affairs.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 7:49 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:
You're also the one who wants to live under an SNP governed Independent Scotland Mac. How good do you think that will be?

I have never said that I want to live under an SNP government in an independent Scotland. What I have said is that faced with living in either a brexited UK or an independent Scotland, I would currently consider voting for Scottish independence as the lesser of two evils.  As it stands I hope that brexit can be avoided and I don't have to make that choice.

Every day you demonstrate just how green you are, and I don't mean environmentally. I mean you are an ingenue. There is NO CHANCE of Brexit being avoided.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 7:54 am

Mac, you know very well that the SNP will gerrymander any news agenda to suit their independence agenda.
Many places in Britain did not vote for Brexit, but that doesn't mean they are crying that they are "being taken out of Europe against their will". Scotland is not a special case because people think it's a separate country. It's not, it's just part of the UK and it shouldn't get special treatment just because it didn't get what it voted for.

Why would Labour grant them a referendum anyway? That would be suicide for their party, not because they have many seats in Scotland, but because it would be far easier for the Tories to get a majority every time without any Scottish seats taking away from the majority.

I didn't get what I voted for under the Labour government of the 1990's, but I didn't try to leave the union because of it.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 25 Oct 2019, 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 7:57 am

I see Hypocrite Hamilton is mouthing off again, trying to defend his views as "raising awareness".  He could retire on the spot if he really cared as he's one of the richest sports people in the world. Glad to see Alonso tell him he's being a tosspot. These idiotic celebrities seem to think that it's up to governments to provide them with less harmful ways to travel and do their job and until they do, it's fine for them to keep on doing what they want because "they have no option"

Hamilton raising awareness of Climate Change is like Jimmy Saville raising awareness of child abuse.  

The guy has no clue whatsoever.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:16 am

To be fair, Saville did do a good job of raising awareness of child abuse.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:48 am

Maybe he has been hanging out with Harry and Meghan.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:04 am

pedro wrote:Maybe he has been hanging out with Harry and Meghan.

Don't be stupid Pedro. They'd never share a private jet with anyone.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:17 am

Talking of things Scottish, a bottle of whisky distilled in 1926 has just been sold for £1.5 million. See BBC article here. Now does the new owner drink it or save it to make a further profit? If no one has drunk anything from the original cask, how do they know it's good and worth that much?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:41 am

I'm never wrong wrote:Talking of things Scottish, a bottle of whisky distilled in 1926 has just been sold for £1.5 million. See BBC article here. Now does the new owner drink it or save it to make a further profit? If no one has drunk anything from the original cask, how do they know it's good and worth that much?

It doesn't have to be good, it can be like many art objects, complete rubbish but it's the authenticity, rarity, maker, heritage etc which is where the price is.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:45 am

Super

I agree that it now looks unlikely that brexit can be avoided but until all the general election shenanigans play out there remains a small amount of hope. It doesn't mean I can't think about how brexit changes my views on Scottish independence.

I am curious, who did you vote for in the 90's if not Labour?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:50 am

McLaren wrote:Super

I agree that it now looks unlikely that brexit can be avoided but until all the general election shenanigans play out there remains a small amount of hope. It doesn't mean I can't think about how brexit changes my views on Scottish independence.

I am curious, who did you vote for in the 90's if not Labour?

Can you imagine what would happen if they reversed Brexit? We'd then have years and years of more claims for further referendums and protests against usurping democracy.

I voted Lib Dem if I remember Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2019, 3:18 pm

Super

If there is a general election in th coming months will you vote lib dem?

I probably will because with a strong anti brexit message they could win my constituency.

What did you make of last night's results for the old firm?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 3:25 pm

If there is a general election in th coming months will you vote lib dem?

I probably will because with a strong anti brexit message they could win my constituency.

Most likely Mac. I couldn't vote Tory, A Marxist Labour Party or the SNP.
My MP is Christine Jardine who doesn't always make a full of herself when I hear her on radio, so that's better than most. I'm not sure the Lib Dems are really quite as Democratic as they claim though as Swinson has scored some own goals which are going to cost them, but she has to be better than that crazy Bible Basher Tim Farron

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2019, 3:34 pm

I'm surprised you didn't approve of farrons views on the gays?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 3:40 pm

McLaren wrote:I'm surprised you didn't approve of farrons views on the gays?

Mac, we might have many differing views on a lot of things, but I have absolutely no problem with everyone being equal.
I've no idea why anyone would possibly object to gay people being married or who someone sleeps with.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2019, 5:49 pm

Super

You need to recognise sarcasm, that was a terribly serious response from you.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 6:31 pm

You need to recognise sarcasm, that was a terribly serious response from you.

Is it surprising Mac? You constantly accuse me of racism based on no evidence so its perfectly reasonable to assume that you would also believe, also on no evidence that I was homophobic.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2019, 8:08 pm

Super

I have no idea what your sexuality is, it's not like you ever comment positively on women's attractiveness.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Oct 2019, 8:42 pm

I have no idea what your sexuality is, it's not like you ever comment positively on women's attractiveness.

Have you looked at British women Mac, ugliest and fattest in Europe.
You see the odd one who is attractive, but in general the standard is very low indeed.
If you see someone attractive in Edinburgh, good chance it's not someone from the UK.

Anyway, why would I comment on womens attractiveness to you when I know that you pretend to be so "woke"?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:13 pm

I would say you see a lot more than the odd few.
But then we all have our different taste’s I suppose

Lots of stunners down this way at least.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:15 pm

super_realist wrote:

The British woman comes alive in the bedroom, you should try it at least once.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:30 pm

And a lot easier to get in the bedroom than most European types!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 26 Oct 2019, 5:56 am

westisbest wrote:I would say you see a lot more than the odd few.
But then we all have our different taste’s I suppose

Lots of stunners down this way at least.

Depends what you are comparing it to doesn't it? "Stunner" is a relative term. Stunner also has some fairly negative connotations relating to not being especially natural looking. For example the sort of vacuous bimbo that footballers tend to favour, rather than a pretty, natural looking woman.

If you're in a foreign country there's nothing more depressing than taking a look around the departure lounge on your way back to blighty.
There's a British "look" which I'm not too keen on.

Last edited by super_realist on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:03 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

How the hell would you know Mac? You're come across as a spotty, geeky virgin in a slum tenement with a crap job, no money, no car, playing video games in your thirties, watching F1 and football and obsessing over golf course architecture. What woman would possibly have sex with you? Don't try and pretend you are some sort of lothario because no one believes you.

I've had my fair share of women much to your disbelief I'm sure and British women are no better in bed than any other.  nationality. Some are good, some are bad. Some are easier than others, some are not.

Your average Brit is far less attractive than your average European though, and in considerably worse shape that's for sure.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 26 Oct 2019, 11:25 am

All about opinions super realist.

I’ll stand by that I think British woman are attractive.

I must say I find a lot of Australian woman very nice on the eye.
American to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 26 Oct 2019, 12:16 pm

[quote="super_realist"]
westisbest wrote:
There's a British "look" which I'm not too keen on.

It appears that the feeling is mutual.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:41 pm

Shrewsbury beat Sunderland. Where is Diggers?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 26 Oct 2019, 8:35 pm

Glued to an underground train

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 27 Oct 2019, 9:06 pm

I like to see what I've missed and this is great..

Your average Brit is far less attractive than your average European though, and in considerably worse shape that's for sure.

What a great statement. Clearly batsht bonkers, but great nonetheless.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 28 Oct 2019, 8:18 am

beninho wrote:I like to see what I've missed and this is great..

What a great statement. Clearly batsht bonkers, but great nonetheless.

You've clearly not travelled very much then.

How is it a bonkers statement? Simply go to France, Norway, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland etc and then come back here. Of course it's subjective, but if you had a choice of nation as to which you generally see the most attractive people, I sincerely doubt the UK would feature in the top 10 of anyone.

There are attractive people in the UK, no doubt about it, but they are considerably thin on the ground than elsewhere. You can't argue with facts. 67% of people in the UK are overweight and 28% are obese, only Turkey and Malta are fatter in Europe. No wonder our NHS is in such a bloody mess.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 28 Oct 2019, 8:25 am

Super

Are you a good looking guy?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 28 Oct 2019, 8:35 am

I wouldn't be so conceited to say, but I can tell you that I am no where near being in the 67% of people in the UK in the grotesque bracket of being inexcusably overweight.

Although, I'm sure it's someone else's fault they are fat, and not their own lack of self discipline, laziness, gluttony, lack of self respect and complete stupidity.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 28 Oct 2019, 8:46 am

How do you define average, have you marked girls from around europe out of 10, in a little black book? Been traveling russia, turkey Azerbaijan looking for girls? Whats your age range? 18-40?

Its a bonkers statement.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:05 am

I think Super might be an incel.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:23 am

beninho wrote:How do you define average, have you marked girls from around europe out of 10, in a little black book?  Been traveling russia, turkey Azerbaijan looking for girls? Whats your age range? 18-40?

Its a bonkers statement.

Simple observation.
Why are you pretending to be so "woke" that you don't look at women when you are out and about,or have an opinion about which country you think has the better looking women. Are you actually pretending to be Mac?

You must go around with your eyes shut if you can't see a difference.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:31 am

Woke or not. As they say in golf: Every hole counts.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:54 am

Super

Why do you always make the claim that people are dishonest, your role model Matt Dilihunty often makes the point that it is better to assume people are being honest about what they say they believe. It might come as a shock but take our word when we say that we don't walk around rating the attractiveness of a population.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 28 Oct 2019, 1:46 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

How the hell would you know Mac? You're come across as a spotty, geeky virgin in a slum tenement with a crap job, no money, no car, playing video games in your thirties, watching F1 and football and obsessing over golf course architecture. What woman would possibly have sex with you? Don't try and pretend you are some sort of lothario because no one believes you.

I've had my fair share of women much to your disbelief I'm sure and British women are no better in bed than any other.  nationality. Some are good, some are bad. Some are easier than others, some are not.

"You wouldn't know them, they went to a different school."

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:01 am

Why do you always make the claim that people are dishonest, your role model Matt Dilihunty often makes the point that it is better to assume people are being honest about what they say they believe.  It might come as a shock but take our word when we say that we don't walk around rating the attractiveness of a population.

I make the claim because it is demonstrably dishonest to claim that there is no difference in the attractiveness of people from different nations.
It makes zero sense whatsoever to infer that the average level of attractiveness in every country is uniform as you are.

I didn't claim that you walked around "rating" women from different nations, but you can't helped to have noticed how much more attractive people are in certain countries.
You just claimed to be in Sweden on your last trip. Are you seriously trying to tell me that you didn't find them any more attractive than what you see here in Edinburgh, or even see a difference? I imagine that you did, but it doesn't suit your right on woke persona to actually admit it.

I've lost count of the times I've been to Denmark or Norway in the last 5 or so years (sorry Greta) and there's a massive difference, you don't even have to be actively looking. It's just obviously apparent to anyone who doesn't go around looking at their shoes or noting down bus numbers.

When someone asks if you have a "type", I'm sure you always reply, "Everyone, they're all just as nice as each other, because I'm so right on an inclusive". Sure Mac. Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:57 am

So, basically, different people find different people attractive.

If you like scandi looking ladies, im sure you will love Scandinavia. If you like asians then Asia is good.

Just the phrase average person, made me laugh.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:16 am

Super

I am sure I saw a few stand out scandi hotties but to say that means the population as a whole is more attractive (whatever that means) than another seems impossible to verify. As Ben said it pretty much comes down to preference.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:25 am

Several polls on the topic. Just google it.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Oct 2019, 7:48 am

I am sure I saw a few stand out scandi hotties but to say that means the population as a whole is more attractive (whatever that means) than another seems impossible to verify. As Ben said it pretty much comes down to preference.

Mac, 67% of British people are overweight or obese. Sweden is 50%. In an evolutionary sense Sweden is by definition a more attractive population as we are predisposed to be attracted to healthier and fitter people unless you are one of those weird people who fancy fatties.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Oct 2019, 7:52 am

I'm no fan of Rugby, but why were England fined for "crossing the line" whilst the New Zealand team were performing their ridiculous haka? Why is this childish dance given special treatment?

If they insist on doing it, then fine, but there shouldn't be any rules as to what the opposition has to do in response. It's intended to intimidate, so why can't the opposition attempt to intimidate in response, or put their hands in their pockets, chuck around a ball of have a game of rock, paper, scissors.

No teams traditions should be given preference.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next