The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Be_the_ball
Davie
Collapse2005
superflyweight
JAS
Roller_Coaster
dynamark
wiretapper
super_realist
beninho
westisbest
pedro
navyblueshorts
kwinigolfer
McLaren
19 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri May 31, 2019 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kwini

It amazes me that a professional footballer can end up one footed. Just practice with your weak foot every day.

I remember spending a summer playing with only my left foot in the garden. Came back next season two footed.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:13 pm

The french got fined for getting up close, the aussie women the same and the English the same.

Thats all I can find on a very wuick google search.

Anyway, im not big on rugby, but I quite like it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Davie Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:46 am

Yes - for "getting up close" ... that's why they now have to stay in their own half

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:48 am

Davie wrote:Yes - for "getting up close" ... that's why they now have to stay in their own half

Why though? Why are there any conventions as to how the opposition have to behave whilst New Zealand indulge themselves in their stupid dance? Why don't they just do it in their changing rooms?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 am

beninho wrote:Its just your opinion. Its not fact. Scandis get you going, not the immigrant ones though.

Fine, I have no such opinion. But I've not been to scandi land, but deal with a lot of them though homelessness at the council. Swedish, Danes and Norwegians.

So, it all comes back to individuals opinions.

I'm not singling out Scandi's in isolation, I'm simply saying that in general they are more attractive than the general public of the UK.

You deal with a lot of homeless Swedes, Danes and Norwegians? Sorry, but I don't believe you for a minute. Why on earth would there be homeless Scandi's in some toilet in Britain when they get taken care of very well in their home countries? There may be "some", but there is no reason as to why there would be "lots". Might help if you define "lots", given that Mac counts several as being 3.

If countries can be so different in levels of health, education, fitness, diet, intelligence, style etc. Why couldn't they be different in levels of attractiveness? It seems you are trying too hard to be PC and "mac-like" rather than admit the obvious thing that certain countries have a higher level of attractiveness than others due to factors such as obesity levels, nutrition, living standards etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 am

The haka has become part of the game when the all blacks play. Its also entertaining for the vast majority of the fans at hone and at the ground. Sport is entertainment. It's all part of the package.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 am

Davie wrote:When Campese took time in his own 22 to practice kicking, was he punished? I don't think so.

The only time I can think of anyone being censured for "disrespecting" them was when they got right in their faces. I don't particularly agree with the Haka being totally sacrosanct but you're not really making sense here. Can you give examples of someone being sanctioned for something other than being excessively aggressive towards it?

I didn't say they were sanctioned, I said they are criticised by the media for that most awful of expressions of  "not showing respect". You know very well if they turned their backs, did the middle finger, sat down, or put their hands in their pockets  or whistled the media and commentators would be raging with them for not behaving in the "spirit of the game" and not being good "role models". Beninho and Mac would probably be calling them out for racism.

Why should anyone respect a stupid dance?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:00 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Its just your opinion. Its not fact. Scandis get you going, not the immigrant ones though.

Fine, I have no such opinion. But I've not been to scandi land, but deal with a lot of them though homelessness at the council. Swedish, Danes and Norwegians.

So, it all comes back to individuals opinions.

I'm not singling out Scandi's in isolation, I'm simply saying that in general they are more attractive than the general public of the UK.

You deal with a lot of homeless Swedes, Danes and Norwegians? Sorry, but I don't believe you for a minute. Why on earth would there be homeless Scandi's in some toilet in Britain when they get taken care of very well in their home countries? There may be "some", but there is no reason as to why there would be "lots".  Might help if you define "lots", given that Mac counts several as being 3.

If countries can be so different in levels of health, education, fitness, diet, intelligence, style etc. Why couldn't they be different in levels of attractiveness? It seems you are trying too hard to be PC and "mac-like" rather than admit the obvious thing that certain countries have a higher level of attractiveness than others due to factors such as obesity levels, nutrition, living standards etc.

Do you try hard at being stupid, or just a natural thing.

Yes, people may have a preference to a certain type of person, I would probably base it more on region rather then actual country. But as I have said all along, it all comes down to the preference of an individual. You like the scandi look. I know a friend who prefers the Asian look - korea, thai etc not india etc. Its all down to what gets you going.

And,yep,I lied, we dont get regular homeless approaches from nationals from Scandinavia. We usually get at least a few a week, and the dutch. You don't have to believe that though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:02 am

super_realist wrote:
Davie wrote:When Campese took time in his own 22 to practice kicking, was he punished? I don't think so.

The only time I can think of anyone being censured for "disrespecting" them was when they got right in their faces. I don't particularly agree with the Haka being totally sacrosanct but you're not really making sense here. Can you give examples of someone being sanctioned for something other than being excessively aggressive towards it?

I didn't say they were sanctioned, I said they are criticised by the media for that most awful of expressions of  "not showing respect". You know very well if they turned their backs, did the middle finger, sat down, or put their hands in their pockets  or whistled the media and commentators would be raging with them for not behaving in the "spirit of the game" and not being good "role models". Beninho and Mac would probably be calling them out for racism.

I've not mentioned racism in this. I do think you have an issue for no real reason. And have misunderstood the fine. Now if they did, I wouldn't care, but it would look very stupid and childish.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 am

Anyway, football. We are top of the league! Its unbelievable stuff. With a wealthy American also buying the club. I was happy with mid table this year, and thats where we will probably end up, but 33 points from 16 games. Wow!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:10 am

McLaren wrote:Super

Rank these countries in order of attractiveness.

UK
USA
Norway
Poland
Italy
Nigeria
Japan
Mexico
India
Thailand

Well Mac, I've never been to Nigeria, Japan, India, Mexico or Thailand so it wouldn't be fair to include them, although I have seen attractive people from all of those countries, and actually work with some, just as I have seen less attractive people from these countries

I have been to the USA, Norway, Poland, Italy and obviously the UK. I would place Norway in top place because as a population they take very good care of themselves, are actively involved in physical activity, eat well and dress well as well as being cultured and highly educated. I can't say the same for the UK. California had a very high level of superficially attractive but completely un-natural,one dimensional looking women who all looked very similar, but other states I've been to were much more "normal" although Texas was laughably fat. So I could say that the average level of attractiveness was higher in Washington state compared to the massively obese Texas. Why would that be a surprise?
I've not spent sufficiently long in Poland or Italy, but in general they are very attractive, at least up until a certain age.

Of course there's an element of personal opinion, but it's laughable to suggest or (pretend to believe) that countries all have the same level of attractiveness when the depth of the gene pool, health, obesity, style etc all have a bearing on this. For example if you walked into a city of massive extremes like Glasgow. Do you think it more likely to see attractive people in chav central Castle Milk, or the salubrious suburb of Milngavie, in your case Mac, seeing as you've never been anywhere in Scotland, use Barnton and Pilton as a comparison

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:14 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I've not mentioned racism in this. I do think you have an issue for no real reason. And have misunderstood the fine. Now if they did, I wouldn't care, but it would look very stupid and childish.

It wouldn't be any more childish than the silly dance itself. I don't have the slightest problem with NZ doing their silly dance, I simply don't believe there should be any regulation as to how the opposition are required to behave, THAT'S THE POINT. For example. If the opposition left the field, what would be wrong with that?
What is wrong about walking into their half? What's it got to do with NZ what the opposition do in response?  If they ran around the pitch perimeter, what could possibly be the problem? A team should not be permitted to hold another one to ransom and gain a psychological advantage.

I'm glad to see other NZ sportsmen not infantile enough to do it before every event. Did Steve Williams do it? No, Lydia Ko? nope, Michael Campbell, an actual maori? No of course he didn't.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:57 am

"A team should not be permitted to hold another one to ransom and gain a psychological advantage"

I think that's the main point. But isn't the other team free to do what they want in the mean time?

I don't follow rugby much, but in football it is custom that each team has a few minutes before kick off, to either gather around their goalie etc. or kick the ball around. No one cares as long as they're ready for kick off. If that's not the case in rugby, well, then I side with super.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:00 am

Super got ribbed for likening it to Morris dancing? Very Happy

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:19 am

https://officiating.worldrugby.org/?module=3&section=36&subsection=129&language=en

"It is not mandatory for the team receiving the challenge to face it."

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:42 am

Super

Do you really think countries have different levels of intelligence at a population level?

What would be examples of low and high intelligence countries?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:45 am

beninho wrote:https://officiating.worldrugby.org/?module=3&section=36&subsection=129&language=en

Ben, Ben, Ben.

We don't deal in substantiation on here, especially if it doesn't serve narrative.

Keep your facts to yourself Laugh

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 am

super_realist wrote:

UK
USA
Norway
Poland
Italy
Nigeria
Japan
Mexico
India
Thailand

Well Mac, I've never been to Nigeria, Japan, India, Mexico or Thailand so it wouldn't be fair to include them, although I have seen attractive people from all of those countries, and actually work with some, just as I have seen less attractive people from these countries

I have been to the USA, Norway, Poland, Italy and obviously the UK.  I would place Norway in top place because as a population they take very good care of themselves, are actively involved in physical activity, eat well and dress well as well as being cultured and highly educated. I can't say the same for the UK. California had a very high level of superficially attractive but completely un-natural,one dimensional looking women who all looked very similar, but other states I've been to were much more "normal" although Texas was laughably fat. So I could say that the average level of attractiveness was higher in Washington state compared to the massively obese Texas. Why would that be a surprise?
I've not spent sufficiently long in Poland or Italy, but in general they are very attractive, at least up until a certain age.

Of course there's an element of personal opinion, but it's laughable to suggest or (pretend to believe) that countries all have the same level of attractiveness when the depth of the gene pool, health, obesity, style  etc all have a bearing  on this. For example if you walked into a city of massive extremes like Glasgow. Do you think it more likely to see attractive people in chav central Castle Milk, or the salubrious suburb of Milngavie, in your case Mac, seeing as you've never been anywhere in Scotland, use Barnton and Pilton as a comparison

This has taken a potentially sinister turn.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:53 am

Do you really think countries have different levels of intelligence at a population level?

Unpleasant fact for you, but they do. Just google it.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:54 am

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

UK
USA
Norway
Poland
Italy
Nigeria
Japan
Mexico
India
Thailand

I have been to the USA, Norway, Poland, Italy and obviously the UK.  I would place Norway in top place because as a population they take very good care of themselves, are actively involved in physical activity, eat well and dress well as well as being cultured and highly educated. I can't say the same for the UK. California had a very high level of superficially attractive but completely un-natural,one dimensional looking women who all looked very similar, but other states I've been to were much more "normal" although Texas was laughably fat. So I could say that the average level of attractiveness was higher in Washington state compared to the massively obese Texas. Why would that be a surprise?

Of course there's an element of personal opinion, but it's laughable to suggest or (pretend to believe) that countries all have the same level of attractiveness when the depth of the gene pool, health, obesity, style  etc all have a bearing  on this. For example if you walked into a city of massive extremes like Glasgow. Do you think it more likely to see attractive people in chav central Castle Milk, or the salubrious suburb of Milngavie, in your case Mac, seeing as you've never been anywhere in Scotland, use Barnton and Pilton as a comparison

This has taken a potentially sinister turn.  
Depends what age he's referring to... Whistle

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:18 am

Pedro

I think you are talking about IQ which has an environmental bias, for example years of education. But super mentioned education as separate item so he must be talking about raw intelligence.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Look them up yourself. I'm not always talking about official censure either, but include various AB officialdom simply whining about a lack of respect. They can sod off.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:32 pm

Navy

You seem to have taken England's humiliation graciously.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:39 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

?? What has objecting to the AB Haka got to do with their loss to SA? SA were way better in every department on Saturday. No complaints from me there.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Just seems like you are lashing out, I thought it might be because of Englands heavy defeat but if something else is bothering you feel free to open up?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:51 pm

By the way Mac, I hope you saw this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50239261

Massive kudos to Obama for stating this; virtually unchallengeable.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:52 pm

McLaren wrote:Just seems like you are lashing out, I thought it might be because of Englands heavy defeat but if something else is bothering you feel free to open up?
Maybe. Still, nothing a dinosaur killer asteroid couldn't sort out I guess....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Navy - Fully agree and massively disappointed the current administration takes the opposite approach. "Nothing lasts forever" keeps me hopeful for change.

Off political soapbox

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:33 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:By the way Mac, I hope you saw this:

Yeh saw that Navy, it seems cool to slag Obama now or pretend he wasn't all that effective but clips like this show just how good he was at making his arguments and putting dumb ass ideas in their place. I know you probably think that me calling out the blatant racism and the like on here is woke but my opinions align almost perfectly with Obamas. And it is the blurring of enforcing much needed political correctness, due to the generally low education of the population (what I try to do) and the ridiculous purity culture where the problem arises.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Hardly a humiliation Mc, they are the best team in the northern hemisphere by far and beat 2 out of 3 of the "big" southern hemisphere teams. Just ran out of steam coupled with a SA team who's tactics nullified their strengths.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:03 pm

It's still so scary how the usa went from Obama, such a good politician to Trump, and even how we have Johnson. Crazy scary times.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:31 pm

beninho wrote:It's still so scary how the usa went from Obama, such a good politician to Trump, and even how we have Johnson. Crazy scary times.

ben,
As a devout Obama fan, it nevertheless makes one wonder why he was wasting his time going through "process" all the time to get things done.

Trump has done things his (despicable) way and undone Obama's work in a series of executive order strokes, plus sent the judiciary lurching to the right for generations to come.

Perhaps Barack wasn't such a good politician after all?

Or are the Congressional democrats just hopeless at mounting any effective opposition??

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:42 pm

Kwini

I guess the political stratagists of old thought the behaviour of trump would send both the politician and the party to oblivion. It appears that for the average republican voter this is not true.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Mac,
Unfortunately, it's no longer clear whether the "average republican voter" has any say in what happens when their party gains any power. This administration, at any rate, is so choc-a-bloc with idealogues and neo-cons that rational US "conservatives" are being left by the wayside, just as D1ckhead Cheney might have drawn it up 20 years ago - his dream come true.
And Drumpf's base of white, non-college-educated men is nothing more than a bunch (millions in that bunch) of patsies.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Good old Jacob Rees Mogg, the gift that keeps on giving.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:59 am

Be_the_ball wrote:

Hardly a humiliation Mc, they are the best team in the northern hemisphere by far and beat 2 out of 3 of the "big" southern hemisphere teams. Just ran out of steam coupled with a SA team who's tactics nullified their strengths.

Best by far? Are they? Did they win the 6 Nations this year? No, not since 2017. Did they let go a massive lead against Scotland at Twickenham this year? Yes. They are only ranked fractionally higher than Wales so I would certainly not say they are "by far" the best team in the Northern Hemisphere at all. Typical English arrogance.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:01 am

pedro wrote:

Unpleasant fact for you, but they do. Just google it.

Singapore has the highest IQ of around 108, Many African countries in the 40's. So depends how you define it doesn't it?

As for attractiveness, I'm not sure why there is any argument. You don't need to find a population attractive to know whether they are attractive. It's fairly obvious that a population with low obesity, high fitness, well dressed, well nourished, good teeth, hair etc is likely to be more attractive than a fat, sports gear wearing, bad teeth, bad diet population. It's nothing to do with "what your type is". Brazilian women are not really my type, but I can see they are more attractive than a bunch of fat Brits.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:05 am

beninho wrote:https://officiating.worldrugby.org/?module=3&section=36&subsection=129&language=en

How many effing times. If they don't face it up silently and respectfully they get massive media criticism. Don't you get it? My point is that the opposition ought to be allowed to react in ANY way they deem fit, safe in the knowledge that they are not castigated for it.

Why should any opposition team be required to act in a certain way whether that behaviour is implied, sanctioned or any other way? NZ do not deserve to use any potentially intimidating dance to the opposition, nor should such a dance be given any sort of inferred respect. Got it yet?

Why do no other New Zealand sports people do this ridiculous dance? Because they know it's absurd and stupid.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:18 am

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:By the way Mac, I hope you saw this:

Yeh saw that Navy, it seems cool to slag Obama now or pretend he wasn't all that effective but clips like this show just how good he was at making his arguments and putting dumb ass ideas in their place.  I know you probably think that me calling out the blatant racism and the like on here is woke but my opinions align almost perfectly with Obamas. And it is the blurring of enforcing much needed political correctness, due to the generally low education of the population (what I try to do) and the ridiculous purity culture where the problem arises.  

Mac, I think you misunderstand. It's not your stance against racism, it's your laughable levels of virtue signalling and the contrived way in which you pretend to stand up for every social injustice. No one buys that anyone is so "right on" and "woke" that's the point. You don't appear genuine in the slightest. It's about as sincere as an air hostesses smile.

Just to test the water here. Kent Cricket club have named a pre-op transsexual as their female player of the year. So someone who is over 6ft tall, still has a man sausage and balls so effectively a man. What's your view on that? Fairly predictable I would imagine. Not a surprise that a biological man would be better than a women at cricket. No doubt you think that is great, inclusive and a worthy winner because you love to support LGBT rights wherever they arise.

I personally wouldn't award someone who hadn't undergone the surgery an award, but given your virtue signalling, you'd probably think it was discriminatory not to.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:37 am

super_realist wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:

Best by far? Are they? Did they win the 6 Nations this year? No, not since 2017.  Did they let go a massive lead against Scotland at Twickenham this year? Yes. They are only ranked fractionally higher than Wales so I would certainly not say they are "by far" the best team in the Northern Hemisphere at all. Typical English arrogance.

England are easily the best team in the northern hemisphere.
By a good distance I would say. Nothing to do with English arrogance, just the way it is.

The 6 Nations will be interesting next year to see how England go. Do they build on their good World Cup and win the grand slam, or will they fall just short.

They are home to Ireland and wales and away to the other 3.
Will be interesting. (If your a rugby fan of course).

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:39 am

super_realist wrote:

How many effing times. If they don't face it up silently and respectfully they get massive media criticism.

No they don't!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 am

Glad your a big fan if brazil realist. Such an ethnically diverse country, with a majority black or mixed race population, but also the severe poverty, favelas and tribes. What is it that floats your boat out there?

And glad, people are still arguing the haka thing, just because they want to believe themselves rather then the rule. I am sure world rugby tweeted about the spine tingling moment england lined up against them. Even Hansen said it was good, I think.

Do what you want, just stay in your own half!

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=69245

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20