The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR

5 posters

Go down

The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR Empty The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR

Post by Azzy Fri 21 Jun 2019, 12:29 pm

The footballing world was once crying out for the introduction of VAR. Now that it is starting to become embedded in the beautiful game, it is taking away from the spectacle of big moments - such as the Women's World Cup currently ongoing - and making a mockery out of the game we all once loved with such passion.

VAR is not working in its current guise. But you six are going to fix it for Gianni Infantino and his FIFA cronies.

The task
I want you to come up with two options for the future of VAR: one, removing VAR completely and two, improving the use of VAR.

What you include in each element of the task is entirely up to you - you have an unlimited budget, but must also maintain a dose of reality. For example, it is unrealistic to expect football associations to pay for additional referees to replace this technology when it was brought in to reduce costs, not add to them.

Teams
Due to the double firing last week, I am going to shake the teams up.

Nando, you go over to Team Unicorn. BamBam and Dolph, you go over and join Trebs on Team Sterling.

Deadline
Now, go off in your teams and come back to me by 11:59 next Monday 1 July with your team submissions. And remember: from the losing team, at least one of you will be fired.

Last edited by Azzy on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Azzy

Back to top Go down

The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR Empty Re: The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 21 Jun 2019, 6:16 pm

Can’t wait to just tell everyone I like VAR

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR Empty Re: The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR

Post by Trebs Mon 01 Jul 2019, 11:48 am

Please see the below submission from Team Sterling

There is a case to completely move away from VAR.
We would effect this immediately, with some rule changes coming in straight away, and others being more long term.

CASE STUDIES:

IMMEDIATE CHANGES:

LONG TERM CHANGES:

The other option is to retain VAR and to refine it. This is our proposal for the future.

The Case for VAR to be reformed:

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 01 Jul 2019, 12:19 pm

My teammates have abandoned me so here's what i came up with + 1 of Nadz idea The Azzrentice 2019 - Task 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Actually, the referee is watching a replay on a crappy screen and has decided to rename the task How to Fix VAR 3559488474 Soz

Improving VAR
+ On screen in stadium display
+ Ref microphoned up to explain decision
+ Remove marginal Offside calls
+ Reducing time delay
+ Update Handball rules.
+ Implement a Cricket Style Challenge Decision System
+ Taking a VAR Budget from the PL teams to filter it through the Football League for use in Cups as up until now it's by which ground had it.

Removing VAR
+ Better Refeering Training
+ Update Offside rules
+ Bans for Diving/Off the ball incidents
+ Being able to upgrade Yellow to red cards
+ Docking points if a dive influences the result
+ Get a better appeals panel of former refs/footballers for red cards
+ Add stricter dissent rules

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 01 Jul 2019, 4:46 pm

Thank you to both. The delay was me waiting to see if anyone wanted to chip in to Nando.

Team Sterling, you have made an exceptional submission, and win this round.

Team Unicorn, I am very disappointed, but not surprised.

Renege and Nadz are both fired. We have our final four!

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 01 Jul 2019, 4:48 pm

Sterling's proposal was massive, and I'm fully supportive of a move away from VAR. It takes away from the experience at the stadium, and the issues with it are caused by the rules not being clear enough. That Llorente goal for Spurs was pathetic, and VAR was born for moments like that.

I'd probably sign up for everything you said in your anti-VAR section - it would make the game far more cohesive and would allow people to come together in support of the game, rather than trying to dismantle it with technology.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 01 Jul 2019, 7:03 pm

Cheers Lord Azzy

Looking forward to the next task!

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 02 Jul 2019, 1:57 pm

We have a four-person task - I am going to fire the two people in the losing task so that there are two people remaining in the Final.

The next task will be titled "Magic 8 Ball Says...Outlook Good".

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Jul 2019, 3:34 pm

I feel it's only fair that i team with Zigglypuff Jr on this one as ive been with everyone else so far Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down