The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty SURREY VS MIDDLESEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jul 2019, 4:29 pm

Surrey have named a squad of 14 players to take on Middlesex in Tuesday night’s Vitality Blast London Derby at the Kia Oval.
World Cup winning hero Liam Plunkett is named in his first Vitality Blast squad for the Club after being rested for Friday night’s competition opener against Essex.
Ollie Pope is named in his first squad since dislocating his shoulder during a Royal London One-Day Cup match with Essex in April Mark Stoneman also joins up with the squad.
Gus Atkinson (back), Conor McKerr (heel and hip) & Jamie Smith (hip) Erm are all unavailable through injury. Morne Morkel is rested. Rory Burns, Sam Curran & Jason Roy are now with England ahead of this week’s Test match with Ireland at Lord’s that starts on Wednesday.
There is no place in the squad for Matt Dunn, Stuart Meaker, Burger van or Amir Virdi
The game will be shown on sky sports cricket just don't expect great commentary.
FULL SQUAD
Jade Dernbach (c)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Tom Curran
Aaron Finch
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Ryan Patel
Liam Plunkett
Ollie Pope
Mark Stoneman
Imran Tahir
Excellent to have his holiness back Very Happy
Patel, Borthwick and Stoneman to miss out most likely
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS MIDDLESEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jul 2019, 5:04 pm

Cheers, JimBob.
Very good to have Pope back.
Agree with you on the three to miss out.
I'm away from tomorrow for the rest of the week.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS MIDDLESEX VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS MIDDLESEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 23 Jul 2019, 1:29 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Cheers, JimBob.
Very good to have Pope back.
Agree with you on the three to miss out.
I'm away from tomorrow for the rest of the week.
enjoy Guildford OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 23 Jul 2019, 6:56 pm

Lucky Guildford, missing more clowns bowling

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Jul 2019, 7:11 pm

7 bowling options and this is what we serve up - disgusting really, no idea why we needed Tahir when it’s clear another bat or batting all rounder was desperately needed without Roy. Everyone bar the top 4 is batting one if not two places too high in the order...shambolic
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Jul 2019, 7:57 pm

Jordan Clark - 1 over for 4 runs...only bowls one. Probably should’ve got a few more huh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Tue 23 Jul 2019, 10:21 pm

Well.... what can we say.....except roll on Friday....actually going to get to see Surrey at Hove....not going with any expectation whatsoever of a Surrey win! All in all, pretty dire, but good to see Pope back.

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Jul 2019, 4:16 pm

yep should have signed the new Zealand T20 opener Tom Bruce instead

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down