The Trump Presidency

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Just between us few on here... I have a feeling the Queen likes Trump.

Don't ask me to explain why but their body language seemed to be in a sort of comfortable harmony when they stood beside each other in June or whenever it was. And I think he quite likes all of that pomp and ceremony... as someone who likes being the centre of attention would.

He's a cross between a court jester and a village idiot so she would love him. Probably lets him run round the grounds with the corgis.

Laugh

Yes... and also the fact that he has just a touch of olde worlde charm (probably brutally drummed into him from the NY Military Academy) despite his apparently frightening unpredictability in this day and age.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Posts : 49623
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : By the Ocean

Back to top Go down


The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 29 Jul 2019, 6:34 pm

SecretFly wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
The American public went for someone who on paper said he'd pay attention to those who've been left behind by globalisation etc. There's a problem with that, but Trump isn't the solution. He's just in it for himself and cheap, foreign labour etc is exactly what he wants. You could argue he's part of the wake up call everyone needs on this, but I think that, on balance, he'll do more damage to the political system and society than he's worth. Time will tell.
At least the Constitution will get rid of him after another term, should he get back in.

Correction, the American public voted for Trump not because they felt 'left behind' by Globalisation ( that's a much too benign a colour to paint with).  No, the voters who voted for Trump did so because they are outrightly antagonistic against the very concept of Globalisation. Cool

Not really true is it....

It is true.  His voters reject Globalisation, they don't feel left behind by it - they reject it.  It's a scam and a socialist one at that in their eyes.  

Make America Great Again, isn't only a slogan.  It's what got him elected because it says America has been had (even by Republicans like the Bushes, Romney and McCain, none of whom are much liked by Trump's core supporters) - according to Trump supporters, America was being set up for a major fall, and some notable Americans themselves have been implicated in the minds of those voters.  Let's not pretend none of you have head the cries of Treason in the air.  You have and if just didn't focus on Trump.  Others have been named.
Make America Great Again is a twofingered salute to Globalists, whether they are the Foreign or domestic variety.
You missed the point (deliberately, or otherwise) in what I was saying. Never mind...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 12:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What a genius Trump is...

Climate change doesn't exist because it is cold outside..

Pro Abortion until he ran for the GOP nomination..

Mocks disabled People at rallies...

Pro Women rights as long as he can grab them by the P***y

A Healthcare policy in 2016 that would have cost 400 billion more than he said...

The worst mid term Presidential rating since ratings began despite a thriving Economy..

A thick as pig poo spoilt brat Muppet who knows how to hire People to strong arm people in deals and pay off Mafia bosses who control Labor on the East coast..

Any other President with a decent Economy would be a shoo in.


...they would also have to be good buddies with Putin too, apparently. Wink


But yeah, the fact he got elected in the first place does make you wonder how & why any other potential candidates are so unelectable. Where are the younger rising stars in both parties, that should be shaking up the establishment?

The auld boy with the comb over has shaken the establishment so much it's crumbling.  So not a lot of compromised, easily manipulated, ''chosen' young candidates are getting the chance to swim.  For it is so, that the Establishment was choosing the young 'rebels' as much as it was choosing the old conventionalists.  It's simple logic that to control everything, you must control both sides of any debate.  Reality TV.  Scripted opposition.

The American voters have decided to go for a real political maverick.  It'll be 40 or 50 years before another President even comes close to the shaking-up of the establishment that Trump is currently engaged in.  Proof?  World wide media and political meltdown just at the mention of his name.  

Four more years please, Donald. OK  I'm enjoying the show.

Are you enjoying the increase in racism, hate crime, erosion of minority rights etc? It's all jolly good fun isn't it?

Examples please.

I agree, lots more racism against whites, and hate crimes against trump supporters. Look at Antifa, as well as the increase in hate crime hoaxes. A product of the Democrats and their race baiting.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 12:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Shame you don't enjoy listening to Trump's lies as they are more frequent and blatant.

I do enjoy listening to his lies.  And his truths, and his insults, putdowns and intended word goofs...(Prince of Whales....wait for it, it might take time, but you might eventually pick up on what he was alluding to.)

Yep, it's fun watching a smart man play with fish in a bowl and see them melt under the pressure to keep coming up with the trash that he eats for breakfast anyway.

Which liar do you want to vote for or would want to vote for if you could? That's  the only deal in town in politics.  Which of the liars more fully approaches your world view?  For you, it ain't Trump.  For me, it is.

Well, I suppose if you like white supremacists to feel emboldened...

By what measure? What is your data source for this? Trump is a huge Israel supporter and of the jews in general, I guess that falls right in line with the white supremacist worldview... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 2:15 pm

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Shame you don't enjoy listening to Trump's lies as they are more frequent and blatant.

I do enjoy listening to his lies.  And his truths, and his insults, putdowns and intended word goofs...(Prince of Whales....wait for it, it might take time, but you might eventually pick up on what he was alluding to.)

Yep, it's fun watching a smart man play with fish in a bowl and see them melt under the pressure to keep coming up with the trash that he eats for breakfast anyway.

Which liar do you want to vote for or would want to vote for if you could? That's  the only deal in town in politics.  Which of the liars more fully approaches your world view?  For you, it ain't Trump.  For me, it is.

Well, I suppose if you like white supremacists to feel emboldened...

By what measure? What is your data source for this? Trump is a huge Israel supporter and of the jews in general, I guess that falls right in line with the white supremacist worldview... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I seriously doubt that. He's a pillock, who'll do and say anything to both enrich himself and his family, and stroke his own ego.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 2:39 pm

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Shame you don't enjoy listening to Trump's lies as they are more frequent and blatant.

I do enjoy listening to his lies.  And his truths, and his insults, putdowns and intended word goofs...(Prince of Whales....wait for it, it might take time, but you might eventually pick up on what he was alluding to.)

Yep, it's fun watching a smart man play with fish in a bowl and see them melt under the pressure to keep coming up with the trash that he eats for breakfast anyway.

Which liar do you want to vote for or would want to vote for if you could? That's  the only deal in town in politics.  Which of the liars more fully approaches your world view?  For you, it ain't Trump.  For me, it is.

Well, I suppose if you like white supremacists to feel emboldened...

By what measure? What is your data source for this? Trump is a huge Israel supporter and of the jews in general, I guess that falls right in line with the white supremacist worldview... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Trump is a huge believer in trying to get the Jewish vote, but that's a different thing entirely. The problem is any evidence I present, you will dismiss as unsubstantiated opinion. But even a rudimentary search flags up e.g. https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/challenged-trump-administration-antisemitism

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 2:43 pm

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What a genius Trump is...

Climate change doesn't exist because it is cold outside..

Pro Abortion until he ran for the GOP nomination..

Mocks disabled People at rallies...

Pro Women rights as long as he can grab them by the P***y

A Healthcare policy in 2016 that would have cost 400 billion more than he said...

The worst mid term Presidential rating since ratings began despite a thriving Economy..

A thick as pig poo spoilt brat Muppet who knows how to hire People to strong arm people in deals and pay off Mafia bosses who control Labor on the East coast..

Any other President with a decent Economy would be a shoo in.


...they would also have to be good buddies with Putin too, apparently. Wink


But yeah, the fact he got elected in the first place does make you wonder how & why any other potential candidates are so unelectable. Where are the younger rising stars in both parties, that should be shaking up the establishment?

The auld boy with the comb over has shaken the establishment so much it's crumbling.  So not a lot of compromised, easily manipulated, ''chosen' young candidates are getting the chance to swim.  For it is so, that the Establishment was choosing the young 'rebels' as much as it was choosing the old conventionalists.  It's simple logic that to control everything, you must control both sides of any debate.  Reality TV.  Scripted opposition.

The American voters have decided to go for a real political maverick.  It'll be 40 or 50 years before another President even comes close to the shaking-up of the establishment that Trump is currently engaged in.  Proof?  World wide media and political meltdown just at the mention of his name.  

Four more years please, Donald. OK  I'm enjoying the show.

Are you enjoying the increase in racism, hate crime, erosion of minority rights etc? It's all jolly good fun isn't it?

Examples please.

I agree, lots more racism against whites, and hate crimes against trump supporters. Look at Antifa, as well as the increase in hate crime hoaxes. A product of the Democrats and their race baiting.

Here's some radical left-wing propaganda that you will most likely dismiss - https://transequality.org/the-discrimination-administration

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 2:53 pm

Trump's madly in love with 'Bibi', that's obvious. It's quite embarrassing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23571
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 3:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Shame you don't enjoy listening to Trump's lies as they are more frequent and blatant.

I do enjoy listening to his lies.  And his truths, and his insults, putdowns and intended word goofs...(Prince of Whales....wait for it, it might take time, but you might eventually pick up on what he was alluding to.)

Yep, it's fun watching a smart man play with fish in a bowl and see them melt under the pressure to keep coming up with the trash that he eats for breakfast anyway.

Which liar do you want to vote for or would want to vote for if you could? That's  the only deal in town in politics.  Which of the liars more fully approaches your world view?  For you, it ain't Trump.  For me, it is.

Well, I suppose if you like white supremacists to feel emboldened...

By what measure? What is your data source for this? Trump is a huge Israel supporter and of the jews in general, I guess that falls right in line with the white supremacist worldview... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Trump is a huge believer in trying to get the Jewish vote, but that's a different thing entirely. The problem is any evidence I present, you will dismiss as unsubstantiated opinion. But even a rudimentary search flags up e.g. https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/challenged-trump-administration-antisemitism

And the evangelical right vote. It never hurts to stay in with them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23571
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 8:43 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Shame you don't enjoy listening to Trump's lies as they are more frequent and blatant.

I do enjoy listening to his lies.  And his truths, and his insults, putdowns and intended word goofs...(Prince of Whales....wait for it, it might take time, but you might eventually pick up on what he was alluding to.)

Yep, it's fun watching a smart man play with fish in a bowl and see them melt under the pressure to keep coming up with the trash that he eats for breakfast anyway.

Which liar do you want to vote for or would want to vote for if you could? That's  the only deal in town in politics.  Which of the liars more fully approaches your world view?  For you, it ain't Trump.  For me, it is.

Well, I suppose if you like white supremacists to feel emboldened...

By what measure? What is your data source for this? Trump is a huge Israel supporter and of the jews in general, I guess that falls right in line with the white supremacist worldview... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes



Trump is a huge believer in trying to get the Jewish vote, but that's a different thing entirely. The problem is any evidence I present, you will dismiss as unsubstantiated opinion. But even a rudimentary search flags up e.g. https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/challenged-trump-administration-antisemitism

Ok, please point to me where in this article where there is an actual accusation of anti-Semitism against Trump? There is an evidence free smear against some guy called Stephen Gorka. And there was an omission in a press release, which was amended. Oh and Charlottesville where Trump condemned Nazis by name. This is some truly compelling stuff there. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

No actual statements Trump has said about Israel or the Jews, you'd think for a supposed idiot racist who never shuts up, you'd have something on him. But alas not.


Last edited by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 9:10 am

Didn't Trump once say something like - I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the-goon would still vote for me?
Pointless arguing with someone who doesn't believe facts.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 9:16 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What a genius Trump is...

Climate change doesn't exist because it is cold outside..

Pro Abortion until he ran for the GOP nomination..

Mocks disabled People at rallies...

Pro Women rights as long as he can grab them by the P***y

A Healthcare policy in 2016 that would have cost 400 billion more than he said...

The worst mid term Presidential rating since ratings began despite a thriving Economy..

A thick as pig poo spoilt brat Muppet who knows how to hire People to strong arm people in deals and pay off Mafia bosses who control Labor on the East coast..

Any other President with a decent Economy would be a shoo in.


...they would also have to be good buddies with Putin too, apparently. Wink


But yeah, the fact he got elected in the first place does make you wonder how & why any other potential candidates are so unelectable. Where are the younger rising stars in both parties, that should be shaking up the establishment?

The auld boy with the comb over has shaken the establishment so much it's crumbling.  So not a lot of compromised, easily manipulated, ''chosen' young candidates are getting the chance to swim.  For it is so, that the Establishment was choosing the young 'rebels' as much as it was choosing the old conventionalists.  It's simple logic that to control everything, you must control both sides of any debate.  Reality TV.  Scripted opposition.

The American voters have decided to go for a real political maverick.  It'll be 40 or 50 years before another President even comes close to the shaking-up of the establishment that Trump is currently engaged in.  Proof?  World wide media and political meltdown just at the mention of his name.  

Four more years please, Donald. OK  I'm enjoying the show.

Are you enjoying the increase in racism, hate crime, erosion of minority rights etc? It's all jolly good fun isn't it?

Examples please.

I agree, lots more racism against whites, and hate crimes against trump supporters. Look at Antifa, as well as the increase in hate crime hoaxes. A product of the Democrats and their race baiting.

Here's some radical left-wing propaganda that you will most likely dismiss - https://transequality.org/the-discrimination-administration

Then why provide it? I've never heard of it so can't comment.

So I've had a read, now I may have missed something but I don't see any actual erosion of rights. It seems that the majority seems to be a roll back on red tape and removing special privileges. I don't see any rights afforded by the bill of rights being affected. maybe you can find one.

BTW, You do not have a right to join the military, if you aren't fit (mentally, physically, emotionally), you don't get in.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 9:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Didn't Trump once say something like - I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the-goon would still vote for me?
Pointless arguing with someone who doesn't believe facts.

Show me a fact.

for example, a fact is record LOW black, Hispanic, female unemployment.


the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 9:21 am

the-goon wrote:BTW, You do not have a right to join the military, if you aren't fit (mentally, physically, emotionally), you don't get in.

So there's absolutely no reason why transgender people should have a blanket ban on them joining the military is there? Unless you think every single one of them is either mentally, physically or emotionally unfit. Is that what you think?

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 9:23 am

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Didn't Trump once say something like - I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the-goon would still vote for me?
Pointless arguing with someone who doesn't believe facts.

Show me a fact.

for example, a fact is record LOW black, Hispanic, female unemployment.


Prove to me with facts that this is a result of Trump's administration. Prove it wouldn't be even lower if it weren't for him.

https://theweek.com/articles/835714/what-donald-trump-said-about-jews
There are racially stereotypical quotes from Trump in that article. That is part of anti-Semitism.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 9:47 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Didn't Trump once say something like - I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the-goon would still vote for me?
Pointless arguing with someone who doesn't believe facts.

Show me a fact.

for example, a fact is record LOW black, Hispanic, female unemployment.


Prove to me with facts that this is a result of Trump's administration. Prove it wouldn't be even lower if it weren't for him.

https://theweek.com/articles/835714/what-donald-trump-said-about-jews
There are racially stereotypical quotes from Trump in that article. That is part of anti-Semitism.

Why don't you? Why should I have to prove your point? I think he has helped improve the economy, if you think otherwise persuade me.

Hmm, you are using an article that defends Ilan Omar when it comes to anti-Semitism. But ok let's do this, I'll breakdown this article.

1. It's quite an uncharitable framing of perhaps a slip of the tongue. Weighted against all the pro- Israel, jew things he says, I won't buy it.
2. They are good with money, Jew are overrepresented in finance etc. Clearly it was a joke, and meant as a compliment to the jews, who have despite a tough history been very successful in American life. Again a very uncharitable reading,
3. False, he has.
4. See point 2, jews do very well in finance. Those ppl, who happen to be jewish (Soros helped the Nazi in WW2, so not a great jew), are globalists, Trump is anti-globalist. That was his platform. To claim it was anything other anti-globalist is dishonest.

I look forward to your rebuttal.


the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 10:12 am

You made a point about the economy but you've no idea of the economic forces behind it and instead have decided it's down to Trump, without having, or providing, any evidence. But apparently I have to provide evidence, even though you don't? Why is that?

The thing about Trump is that a lot of people don't care about the racism, sexism etc. But at least some say they don't care, rather than those who try to pretend that it somehow doesn't exist, with increasingly convoluted and ridiculous arguments (like your points above).

E.g. Trump boasts of grabbing women's p*ssies because he has the power to get away with it, and says that he wouldn't r*** an ugly woman. And a lot of women say, yeah, whatever, I still think he's great for whatever reason and will vote for him. They don't care that he's morally repugnant because they think he will bring them other benefits. And then other people say - hey, women support Trump, he can't be sexist. Is there really any point wasting any more than a modicum of time and effort arguing with these people?

Is Trump racist - yes I think he is. Is he sexist - yes I think he is. Does he hold views that I think are morally repugnant - yes he does. Is he himself anti-Semitic - unsure, but he uses it as a tool when he thinks it is useful and is undoubtedly emboldening white supremacists, who are, among other things, anti-Semitic.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Soul Requiem on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 10:17 am

the-goon wrote:Soros helped the Nazi in WW2, so not a great jew

At the age of 13 fearing for his life and those of his family?

Soul Requiem

Posts : 490
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 11:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:You made a point about the economy but you've no idea of the economic forces behind it and instead have decided it's down to Trump, without having, or providing, any evidence. But apparently I have to provide evidence, even though you don't? Why is that?

The thing about Trump is that a lot of people don't care about the racism, sexism etc. But at least some say they don't care, rather than those who try to pretend that it somehow doesn't exist, with increasingly convoluted and ridiculous arguments (like your points above).

E.g. Trump boasts of grabbing women's p*ssies because he has the power to get away with it, and says that he wouldn't r*** an ugly woman. And a lot of women say, yeah, whatever, I still think he's great for whatever reason and will vote for him. They don't care that he's morally repugnant because they think he will bring them other benefits. And then other people say - hey, women support Trump, he can't be sexist. Is there really any point wasting any more than a modicum of time and effort arguing with these people?

Is Trump racist - yes I think he is. Is he sexist - yes I think he is. Does he hold views that I think are morally repugnant - yes he does. Is he himself anti-Semitic - unsure, but he uses it as a tool when he thinks it is useful and is undoubtedly emboldening white supremacists, who are, among other things, anti-Semitic.

I think his policies of removing red tape, cut taxes on the middle class and corporations, threatening tariffs on US companies that move production outside the US have led to the improvement in the economy. His economic policy is very different to Obama, and also different to Bush before. So this sudden change in economic policy has coincide with an economic revival, i'll put 2+2 and get 4.

Now you. Please give my your opinion on how this economic improvement has been in spite of Trump.

Ok, so we agree Trump isn't anti-Semitic. Great, glad I've brought you around on this. It's great to find some common ground.

So how exactly how is he emboldening white supremacists? We've established that isn't via anti-Semitism. This the initial statement you have made without facts or evidence.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 11:19 am

the-goon wrote:Great, glad I've brought you around on this.

Haha - yes that's entirely down to you. I thought he was a raging anti-Semite until you put me right. Nothing wrong with your ego, that's for sure!

https://tcf.org/content/commentary/trump-claims-economy-best-ever-11-facts-tell-different-story/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ITqBRB7EiwAZ1c5UwbjQP_LAI5VEEKl_cQEsZeZ7ffaXWPR46AZG5OJJ9P7HByvMhzZUxoCzfIQAvD_BwE&agreed=1

2+2 = 5 perhaps

As for the white supremacy thing - facts won't change your mind on it. I could present 100 facts and 50 you would say are not facts, and the other 50 you'd say aren't important. My theory is you're hoping to make America white again.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 11:37 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Great, glad I've brought you around on this.

Haha - yes that's entirely down to you. I thought he was a raging anti-Semite until you put me right. Nothing wrong with your ego, that's for sure!

https://tcf.org/content/commentary/trump-claims-economy-best-ever-11-facts-tell-different-story/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ITqBRB7EiwAZ1c5UwbjQP_LAI5VEEKl_cQEsZeZ7ffaXWPR46AZG5OJJ9P7HByvMhzZUxoCzfIQAvD_BwE&agreed=1

2+2 = 5 perhaps

As for the white supremacy thing - facts won't change your mind on it. I could present 100 facts and 50 you would say are not facts, and the other 50 you'd say aren't important. My theory is you're hoping to make America white again.

How about you give me one first.

Oh, so now I'm a racist. Why the ad hominem? Quite sad really. I'm just asking you to defend your position. Why is that hard?

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 11:46 am

Because you're not worth the effort.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Great, glad I've brought you around on this.

Haha - yes that's entirely down to you. I thought he was a raging anti-Semite until you put me right. Nothing wrong with your ego, that's for sure!

https://tcf.org/content/commentary/trump-claims-economy-best-ever-11-facts-tell-different-story/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ITqBRB7EiwAZ1c5UwbjQP_LAI5VEEKl_cQEsZeZ7ffaXWPR46AZG5OJJ9P7HByvMhzZUxoCzfIQAvD_BwE&agreed=1

2+2 = 5 perhaps

As for the white supremacy thing - facts won't change your mind on it. I could present 100 facts and 50 you would say are not facts, and the other 50 you'd say aren't important. My theory is you're hoping to make America white again.

I've read your link, and fair play, Obama certainly had a few good years. I think I've underestimated the strength of the economy under him, and perhaps overestimated Trump's. Possibly because 2016 wasn't a great year and 2017, 2018 and 2019 so are have been.

Maybe the better explanation is somewhere in the middle, that a national economy the size of the US is such a juggernaut, not even the president has that much influence over it.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:07 pm

This might be useful:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23571
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Because you're not worth the effort.

Don't be like that.

Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

One fact/metric how he has emboldened white supremacists. As an aside how many are there? a few thousand?

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:30 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:This might be useful:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

What is this? Who are the people that are giving their opinion on trump? Do you have a quote in context that is actually racist?


the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:30 pm

the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:33 pm

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Because you're not worth the effort.

Don't be like that.

Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

One fact/metric how he has emboldened white supremacists. As an aside how many are there? a few thousand?

Appointing a white supremacist as the CEO of his presidential campaign and once elected appointing him as a Chief Strategist might just have given some other white supremacists the confidence boost they were really looking for. I bet it put some pep in their step.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6316
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:38 pm

the-goon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:This might be useful:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

What is this? Who are the people that are giving their opinion on trump? Do you have a quote in context that is actually racist?


If you don't think "“They don’t look like Indians to me.” or "Trump talked about how he didn’t want black people handling his money" are examples of racism, then there is no hope for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:44 pm

I wonder what it was about the 5 BLACK men known as the Central Park 5 that made Trump so convinced of their guilt?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6316
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:00 pm

the-goon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:This might be useful:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

What is this? Who are the people that are giving their opinion on trump? Do you have a quote in context that is actually racist?


People from Nigeria not wanting to 'go back to their huts', will that do?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23571
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:16 pm

superflyweight wrote:I wonder what it was about the 5 BLACK men known as the Central Park 5 that made Trump so convinced of their guilt?

So no quote, just implication on your part. Ok,

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:20 pm

the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I wonder what it was about the 5 BLACK men known as the Central Park 5 that made Trump so convinced of their guilt?

So no quote, just implication on your part. Ok,

Why does he need to quote? He's citing the now infamous mistake on Trump's part in the Central Park Five case.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.

Ok, give me one then! All you are doing giving me a link, and saying "there, read that". I've already debunked some of your links and toy haven't refuted anything so I guess you have conceded those points. So please give me something in your words. Which minority, which right.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:24 pm

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.

Ok, give me one then! All you are doing giving me a link, and saying "there, read that". I've already debunked some of your links and toy haven't refuted anything so I guess you have conceded those points. So please give me something in your words. Which minority, which right.

Lol, want him to wipe your backside next time you take a dump too?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:25 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I wonder what it was about the 5 BLACK men known as the Central Park 5 that made Trump so convinced of their guilt?

So no quote, just implication on your part. Ok,



Why does he need to quote? He's citing the now infamous mistake on Trump's part in the Central Park Five case.

You are assuming he thought they were guilty because they were black. Where is your proof that is the case?

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:28 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.



Ok, give me one then! All you are doing giving me a link, and saying "there, read that". I've already debunked some of your links and toy haven't refuted anything so I guess you have conceded those points. So please give me something in your words. Which minority, which right.

Lol, want him to wipe your backside next time you take a dump too?

Why can't you formulate your own opinions? Do you need the media to tell you what to think?

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:29 pm

the-goon wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.



Ok, give me one then! All you are doing giving me a link, and saying "there, read that". I've already debunked some of your links and toy haven't refuted anything so I guess you have conceded those points. So please give me something in your words. Which minority, which right.

Lol, want him to wipe your backside next time you take a dump too?

Why can't you formulate your own opinions? Do you need the media to tell you what to think?

I believe you'll need definitive proof that I can't formulate my own opinions. Substantiate that claim, boy. I want solid proof.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:29 pm

the-goon wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I wonder what it was about the 5 BLACK men known as the Central Park 5 that made Trump so convinced of their guilt?

So no quote, just implication on your part. Ok,



Why does he need to quote? He's citing the now infamous mistake on Trump's part in the Central Park Five case.

You are assuming he thought they were guilty because they were black. Where is your proof that is the case?

Where's your proof that he didn't think they were guilty because they were black? I allege that he did - refute my allegations if you like. I want actual facts - no supposition, opinion or conjecture. Just the facts.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6316
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:36 pm

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.

Ok, give me one then! All you are doing giving me a link, and saying "there, read that". I've already debunked some of your links and toy haven't refuted anything so I guess you have conceded those points. So please give me something in your words. Which minority, which right.

Seriously? You can't be bothered to even read it? Educate yourself, don't ask me to spoon-feed you like a baby. In the long term, you'll be better off for it. Or stay ignorant - your choice. Ultimately it makes no difference to me.

You haven't debunked anything, you just think you have. You probably also think you're the second least racist person in the world.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18669
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:43 pm

superflyweight wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Because you're not worth the effort.

Don't be like that.

Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

One fact/metric how he has emboldened white supremacists. As an aside how many are there? a few thousand?

Appointing a white supremacist as the CEO of his presidential campaign and once elected appointing him as a Chief Strategist might just have given some other white supremacists the confidence boost they were really looking for.  I bet it put some pep in their step.    

Is this the same guy who worked for a Jewish news outlet? Staffed, by mainly jews. Started by a jew. What's your evidence that Steve Bannon is a WS? I'm not going just accept these accusations without evidence.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 1:43 pm

the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Because you're not worth the effort.

Don't be like that.

Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

One fact/metric how he has emboldened white supremacists. As an aside how many are there? a few thousand?

Appointing a white supremacist as the CEO of his presidential campaign and once elected appointing him as a Chief Strategist might just have given some other white supremacists the confidence boost they were really looking for.  I bet it put some pep in their step.    

Is this the same guy who worked for a Jewish news outlet? Staffed, by mainly jews. Started by a jew. What's your evidence that Steve Bannon is a WS? I'm not going just accept these accusations without evidence.

Do you know what white supremacy means?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 2:06 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Because you're not worth the effort.

Don't be like that.

Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

One fact/metric how he has emboldened white supremacists. As an aside how many are there? a few thousand?

Appointing a white supremacist as the CEO of his presidential campaign and once elected appointing him as a Chief Strategist might just have given some other white supremacists the confidence boost they were really looking for.  I bet it put some pep in their step.    

Is this the same guy who worked for a Jewish news outlet? Staffed, by mainly jews. Started by a jew. What's your evidence that Steve Bannon is a WS? I'm not going just accept these accusations without evidence.

Do you know what white supremacy means?

Please define it in your words.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 2:15 pm

I'll go one better and get you a proper definition. Let's take Wikipedia's, if that's OK with you. You're a big fan of facts, and all.

"White supremacy or white supremacism is the racist belief that white people are superior to people of other races and therefore should be dominant over them. White supremacy has roots in scientific racism, and it often relies on pseudoscientific arguments."

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4938
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 2:38 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:This might be useful:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

What is this? Who are the people that are giving their opinion on trump? Do you have a quote in context that is actually racist?


People from Nigeria not wanting to 'go back to their huts', will that do?

The article tells you who the people are.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23571
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 2:55 pm

the-goon wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Because you're not worth the effort.

Don't be like that.

Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

One fact/metric how he has emboldened white supremacists. As an aside how many are there? a few thousand?

Appointing a white supremacist as the CEO of his presidential campaign and once elected appointing him as a Chief Strategist might just have given some other white supremacists the confidence boost they were really looking for.  I bet it put some pep in their step.    

Is this the same guy who worked for a Jewish news outlet? Staffed, by mainly jews. Started by a jew. What's your evidence that Steve Bannon is a WS? I'm not going just accept these accusations without evidence.

Do you know what white supremacy means?

Please define it in your words.
Laugh I'll give you points for your approach, at least. Let's see. You ask for evidence from everyone else, but supply none yourself. You want links from everyone else, but supply none yourself. Asked a question regarding a definition, you ask the questioner their definition.

Look like BS, smells like BS. You'd be a good politician.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 4:21 pm

'The Washington National Cathedral’s religious leaders rebuked President Donald Trump for his racially divisive attacks on a prominent African-American lawmaker, an unusual step for an institution known for staying above the political fray.

'In a statement Tuesday, the leaders called Trump’s rhetoric “dangerous” and said it amounted to a “call to action” for white supremacists, warning that “violent words lead to violent actions.”

'The leaders urged the American public to take a stand against “the bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and xenophobia that is hurled at us, especially when it comes from the highest offices of this nation.”

'More than half of registered voters now believe the president is racist, according to a poll Quinnipiac University released on Tuesday. That includes 80% of black voters, 55% of Hispanic voters and nearly six in 10 female voters.'

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-31/national-cathedral-trump-cummings

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23571
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 4:22 pm

A link to the statement:

https://cathedral.org/have-we-no-decency-a-response-to-president-trump.html

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23571
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:12 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Because you're not worth the effort.

Don't be like that.

Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

One fact/metric how he has emboldened white supremacists. As an aside how many are there? a few thousand?

Appointing a white supremacist as the CEO of his presidential campaign and once elected appointing him as a Chief Strategist might just have given some other white supremacists the confidence boost they were really looking for.  I bet it put some pep in their step.    

Is this the same guy who worked for a Jewish news outlet? Staffed, by mainly jews. Started by a jew. What's your evidence that Steve Bannon is a WS? I'm not going just accept these accusations without evidence.

Do you know what white supremacy means?

Please define it in your words.
Laugh I'll give you points for your approach, at least. Let's see. You ask for evidence from everyone else, but supply none yourself. You want links from everyone else, but supply none yourself. Asked a question regarding a definition, you ask the questioner their definition.

Look like BS, smells like BS. You'd be a good politician.

I'm not making a statement. I'm asking for evidence that Trump emboldened white supremacists, if you make the statement, prove it, defend it. I'm not going to just take as fact. What evidence do I need to supply? Trump isn't one? Well he has never called himself one or promoted it, so there's that.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:21 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'The Washington National Cathedral’s religious leaders rebuked President Donald Trump for his racially divisive attacks on a prominent African-American lawmaker, an unusual step for an institution known for staying above the political fray.

'In a statement Tuesday, the leaders called Trump’s rhetoric “dangerous” and said it amounted to a “call to action” for white supremacists, warning that “violent words lead to violent actions.”

'The leaders urged the American public to take a stand against “the bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and xenophobia that is hurled at us, especially when it comes from the highest offices of this nation.”

'More than half of registered voters now believe the president is racist, according to a poll Quinnipiac University released on Tuesday. That includes 80% of black voters, 55% of Hispanic voters and nearly six in 10 female voters.'

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-31/national-cathedral-trump-cummings

What did Trump actually say? I don't care what others think of what he said, particularly activists who have an axe to grind. Bring up the primary evidence, the tweet, and we can go through it and figure out where exactly the racism is. You want to prove racism, go and do it.

Last time I checked it isn't racist to criticize a Politian that happens to be black.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:23 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I'll go one better and get you a proper definition. Let's take Wikipedia's, if that's OK with you. You're a big fan of facts, and all.

"White supremacy or white supremacism is the racist belief that white people are superior to people of other races and therefore should be dominant over them. White supremacy has roots in scientific racism, and it often relies on pseudoscientific arguments."

Great thanks, mate. So it's an ideology that Trump has disavowed and doesn't agree with. Well that's cleared that up. Unless you have evidence to prove otherwise?

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum