The Trump Presidency

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Just between us few on here... I have a feeling the Queen likes Trump.

Don't ask me to explain why but their body language seemed to be in a sort of comfortable harmony when they stood beside each other in June or whenever it was. And I think he quite likes all of that pomp and ceremony... as someone who likes being the centre of attention would.

He's a cross between a court jester and a village idiot so she would love him. Probably lets him run round the grounds with the corgis.

Laugh

Yes... and also the fact that he has just a touch of olde worlde charm (probably brutally drummed into him from the NY Military Academy) despite his apparently frightening unpredictability in this day and age.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Posts : 49626
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : By the Ocean

Back to top Go down


The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:29 pm

Why do you describe them as 'activists'? Because you don't like the fact that they're speaking out?



Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23578
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:39 pm

the-goon wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:I'll go one better and get you a proper definition. Let's take Wikipedia's, if that's OK with you. You're a big fan of facts, and all.

"White supremacy or white supremacism is the racist belief that white people are superior to people of other races and therefore should be dominant over them. White supremacy has roots in scientific racism, and it often relies on pseudoscientific arguments."

Great thanks, mate. So it's an ideology that Trump has disavowed and doesn't agree with. Well that's cleared that up. Unless you have evidence to prove otherwise?

Please provide direct quotes that Trump has disavowed it. Surely evidence works both ways. Of course, Trump has a history of lying (unless you believe he really is the least racist person in the world) and saying contradictory things, so anything he says may not be what he actually believes. Or he may change his mind about after he says it.

Like I say, your view is fixed. Maybe mine is too. But I am certain that Trump is morally repugnant in many ways - given his publicly recorded actions, words and legislation, and those who defend his views in these areas are barely less so. Grabbed any p*ssies lately goon, or is that something you're working up towards?

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18670
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:43 pm

the-goon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'The Washington National Cathedral’s religious leaders rebuked President Donald Trump for his racially divisive attacks on a prominent African-American lawmaker, an unusual step for an institution known for staying above the political fray.

'In a statement Tuesday, the leaders called Trump’s rhetoric “dangerous” and said it amounted to a “call to action” for white supremacists, warning that “violent words lead to violent actions.”

'The leaders urged the American public to take a stand against “the bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and xenophobia that is hurled at us, especially when it comes from the highest offices of this nation.”

'More than half of registered voters now believe the president is racist, according to a poll Quinnipiac University released on Tuesday. That includes 80% of black voters, 55% of Hispanic voters and nearly six in 10 female voters.'

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-31/national-cathedral-trump-cummings

What did Trump actually say? I don't care what others think of what he said, particularly activists who have an axe to grind. Bring up the primary evidence, the tweet, and we can go through it and figure out where exactly the racism is. You want to prove racism, go and do it.

Last time I checked it isn't racist to criticize a Politian that happens to be black.

His words "No human being would want to live there..." implies that the people who do live there (majority black) arent human. Atleast thats my take on it. Sorry I cant provide evidence or links for thinking the way I do, unless you want to get me an MRI or CT to see inside my brain.

Samo

Posts : 4707
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:49 pm

F*ck it, I'm going to post the full statement. Again, it's highly unusual for the Washington National Cathedral to speak out like this:

'The escalation of racialized rhetoric from the President of the United States has evoked responses from all sides of the political spectrum. On one side, African American leaders have led the way in rightfully expressing outrage. On the other, those aligned with the President seek to downplay the racial overtones of his attacks, or remain silent.

'As faith leaders who serve at Washington National Cathedral ¬– the sacred space where America gathers at moments of national significance – we feel compelled to ask: After two years of President Trump’s words and actions, when will Americans have enough?

'As Americans, we have had such moments before, and as a people we have acted. Events of the last week call to mind a similarly dark period in our history:

'“Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. … You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?”

'That was U.S. Army attorney Joseph Welch on June 9, 1954, when he confronted Senator Joseph McCarthy before a live television audience, effectively ending McCarthy’s notorious hold on the nation. Until then, under the guise of ridding the country of Communist infiltration, McCarthy had free rein to say and do whatever he wished. With unbridled speech, he stoked the fears of an anxious nation with lies; destroyed the careers of countless Americans; and bullied into submissive silence anyone who dared criticize him.

'In retrospect, it’s clear that Welch’s question was directed less toward McCarthy and more to the nation as a whole. Had Americans had enough? Where was our sense of decency?

'We have come to accept a level of insult and abuse in political discourse that violates each person’s sacred identity as a child of God. We have come to accept as normal a steady stream of language and accusations coming from the highest office in the land that plays to racist elements in society.

'This week, President Trump crossed another threshold. Not only did he insult a leader in the fight for racial justice and equality for all persons; not only did he savage the nations from which immigrants to this country have come; but now he has condemned the residents of an entire American city. Where will he go from here?

'Make no mistake about it, words matter. And, Mr. Trump’s words are dangerous.

'These words are more than a “dog-whistle.” When such violent dehumanizing words come from the President of the United States, they are a clarion call, and give cover, to white supremacists who consider people of color a sub-human “infestation” in America. They serve as a call to action from those people to keep America great by ridding it of such infestation. Violent words lead to violent actions.

'When does silence become complicity? What will it take for us all to say, with one voice, that we have had enough? The question is less about the president’s sense of decency, but of ours.

'As leaders of faith who believe in the sacredness of every single human being, the time for silence is over. We must boldly stand witness against the bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and xenophobia that is hurled at us, especially when it comes from the highest offices of this nation. We must say that this will not be tolerated. To stay silent in the face of such rhetoric is for us to tacitly condone the violence of these words. We are compelled to take every opportunity to oppose the indecency and dehumanization that is racism, whether it comes to us through words or actions.

'There is another moment in our history worth recalling. On January 21, 2017, Washington National Cathedral hosted an interfaith national prayer service, a sacred tradition to honor the peaceful transfer of political power. We prayed for the President and his young Administration to have “wisdom and grace in the exercise of their duties that they may serve all people of this nation, and promote the dignity and freedom of every person.”

'That remains our prayer today for us all.'

And the names of these 'activists':

The Right Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington
The Very Rev. Randolph Marshall Hollerith, Dean of Washington National Cathedral
The Rev. Canon Kelly Brown Douglas, Canon Theologian of Washington National Cathedral

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23578
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 6:06 pm

But they're 'activists' so they don't count. Trump is the least racist person on the planet. FACT. How do we know? Because he always tells the truth and is a great guy and there is zero evidence to the contrary.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18670
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by It Must Be Love on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 2:21 am

Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 10:01 am

Samo wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'The Washington National Cathedral’s religious leaders rebuked President Donald Trump for his racially divisive attacks on a prominent African-American lawmaker, an unusual step for an institution known for staying above the political fray.

'In a statement Tuesday, the leaders called Trump’s rhetoric “dangerous” and said it amounted to a “call to action” for white supremacists, warning that “violent words lead to violent actions.”

'The leaders urged the American public to take a stand against “the bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and xenophobia that is hurled at us, especially when it comes from the highest offices of this nation.”

'More than half of registered voters now believe the president is racist, according to a poll Quinnipiac University released on Tuesday. That includes 80% of black voters, 55% of Hispanic voters and nearly six in 10 female voters.'

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-31/national-cathedral-trump-cummings

What did Trump actually say? I don't care what others think of what he said, particularly activists who have an axe to grind. Bring up the primary evidence, the tweet, and we can go through it and figure out where exactly the racism is. You want to prove racism, go and do it.

Last time I checked it isn't racist to criticize a Politian that happens to be black.

His words "No human being would want to live there..." implies that the people who do live there (majority black) arent human.  Atleast thats my take on it. Sorry I cant provide evidence or links for thinking the way I do, unless you want to get me an MRI or CT to see inside my brain.

Thanks for giving your own opinion. Now I completely disagree with it. How does his statement imply they aren't human?? That makes no sense at all. Do you think the ppl living in poverty are doing it out of choice??? They could live somewhere nicer but decide against it?? Because you are implying that they are. Sounds more racist to me. Do you think black ppl enjoy living in poverty??

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 10:37 am

Ah you found me out, turns out IM the massive racist after all. What an eye-opening experience, I bow to your superior intellect.

Samo

Posts : 4707
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:02 am

It Must Be Love wrote:Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.

Like Julius Marx in this thread. Apparently I want to make America white again. I'm not American, nor do I live there but there you go...

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:10 am

the-goon wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.

Like Julius Marx in this thread. Apparently I want to make America white again. I'm not American, nor do I live there but there you go...

Prove that he said you were American. I want definitive proof.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:20 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.

Ok, give me one then! All you are doing giving me a link, and saying "there, read that". I've already debunked some of your links and toy haven't refuted anything so I guess you have conceded those points. So please give me something in your words. Which minority, which right.

Seriously? You can't be bothered to even read it? Educate yourself, don't ask me to spoon-feed you like a baby. In the long term, you'll be better off for it. Or stay ignorant - your choice. Ultimately it makes no difference to me.

You haven't debunked anything, you just think you have. You probably also think you're the second least racist person in the world.

I want your opinion, you're the person I'm talking to. I don't want the opinion writer in the article you have linked.

How did you write papers in school/uni? Was it just a bunch of links to academic papers and that's it?

Don't you enjoy fleshing out your own take on things by picking bits and pieces from various sources? The Obama vs Trump economy analysis was really good. Made me have a think alright.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:28 am

Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.

Like Julius Marx in this thread. Apparently I want to make America white again. I'm not American, nor do I live there but there you go...

Prove that he said you were American. I want definitive proof.

Eh?? He never did, nor did I infer that he did? What are you on about?

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:29 am

Samo wrote:Ah you found me out, turns out IM the massive racist after all. What an eye-opening experience, I bow to your superior intellect.

Answer my questions one at a time, let's see where we get.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:43 am

the-goon wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.

Like Julius Marx in this thread. Apparently I want to make America white again. I'm not American, nor do I live there but there you go...

Prove that he said you were American. I want definitive proof.

Eh?? He never did, nor did I infer that he did? What are you on about?

Ok, who said you wanted to make America white again?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:53 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:F*ck it, I'm going to post the full statement. Again, it's highly unusual for the Washington National Cathedral to speak out like this:

'The escalation of racialized rhetoric from the President of the United States has evoked responses from all sides of the political spectrum. On one side, African American leaders have led the way in rightfully expressing outrage. On the other, those aligned with the President seek to downplay the racial overtones of his attacks, or remain silent.

'As faith leaders who serve at Washington National Cathedral ¬– the sacred space where America gathers at moments of national significance – we feel compelled to ask: After two years of President Trump’s words and actions, when will Americans have enough?

'As Americans, we have had such moments before, and as a people we have acted. Events of the last week call to mind a similarly dark period in our history:

'“Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. … You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?”

'That was U.S. Army attorney Joseph Welch on June 9, 1954, when he confronted Senator Joseph McCarthy before a live television audience, effectively ending McCarthy’s notorious hold on the nation. Until then, under the guise of ridding the country of Communist infiltration, McCarthy had free rein to say and do whatever he wished. With unbridled speech, he stoked the fears of an anxious nation with lies; destroyed the careers of countless Americans; and bullied into submissive silence anyone who dared criticize him.

'In retrospect, it’s clear that Welch’s question was directed less toward McCarthy and more to the nation as a whole. Had Americans had enough? Where was our sense of decency?

'We have come to accept a level of insult and abuse in political discourse that violates each person’s sacred identity as a child of God. We have come to accept as normal a steady stream of language and accusations coming from the highest office in the land that plays to racist elements in society.

'This week, President Trump crossed another threshold. Not only did he insult a leader in the fight for racial justice and equality for all persons; not only did he savage the nations from which immigrants to this country have come; but now he has condemned the residents of an entire American city. Where will he go from here?

'Make no mistake about it, words matter. And, Mr. Trump’s words are dangerous.

'These words are more than a “dog-whistle.” When such violent dehumanizing words come from the President of the United States, they are a clarion call, and give cover, to white supremacists who consider people of color a sub-human “infestation” in America. They serve as a call to action from those people to keep America great by ridding it of such infestation. Violent words lead to violent actions.

'When does silence become complicity? What will it take for us all to say, with one voice, that we have had enough? The question is less about the president’s sense of decency, but of ours.

'As leaders of faith who believe in the sacredness of every single human being, the time for silence is over. We must boldly stand witness against the bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and xenophobia that is hurled at us, especially when it comes from the highest offices of this nation. We must say that this will not be tolerated. To stay silent in the face of such rhetoric is for us to tacitly condone the violence of these words. We are compelled to take every opportunity to oppose the indecency and dehumanization that is racism, whether it comes to us through words or actions.

'There is another moment in our history worth recalling. On January 21, 2017, Washington National Cathedral hosted an interfaith national prayer service, a sacred tradition to honor the peaceful transfer of political power. We prayed for the President and his young Administration to have “wisdom and grace in the exercise of their duties that they may serve all people of this nation, and promote the dignity and freedom of every person.”

'That remains our prayer today for us all.'

And the names of these 'activists':

The Right Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington
The Very Rev. Randolph Marshall Hollerith, Dean of Washington National Cathedral
The Rev. Canon Kelly Brown Douglas, Canon Theologian of Washington National Cathedral

but now he has condemned the residents of an entire American city. Where will he go from here?

No he didn't. He has not blamed the people of Baltimore having to live, to quote Bernie Sanders, "in city resembling a 3rd world country". He took a pop at the Congressman in charge of the district, because that Congressman took a pop at him about the facilities at the border. Nothing to do with race. Likely nothing to do with Baltimore or the ppl who live there either. Simply a glass houses and throwing stones rebuke, with an intent to provoke.

If you use terms like racial justice, yes you are an activist. Justice is only just if each individual is treated as such. I completely disagree with the term and the philosophy behind it.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:56 am

Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
the-goon wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.

Like Julius Marx in this thread. Apparently I want to make America white again. I'm not American, nor do I live there but there you go...

Prove that he said you were American. I want definitive proof.

Eh?? He never did, nor did I infer that he did? What are you on about?

Ok, who said you wanted to make America white again?

Julius Marx: sent yesterday 11h19 UK time:

As for the white supremacy thing - facts won't change your mind on it. I could present 100 facts and 50 you would say are not facts, and the other 50 you'd say aren't important. My theory is you're hoping to make America white again.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:01 pm

Ah! Well I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

You are being an apologist for a pu$$y-grabbing, pornstar-paying, business bankrupting, disabled person-mocking bloke, though.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:32 pm

Is slandering ppl as racist acceptable on this forum? If that is the standard I know a few posters that have not proven they aren't paedofiles, and therefore need to be called out.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:35 pm

He didn't slander you. He said it was his theory.

But, in the words of the bloke you're being an apologist for, if you don't like it then leave Laugh

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:50 pm

Are paedofiles like the Rockford Files?

Also - it can't be slander if its written. If anything it would be libel. However, you would have to show that his words could reasonably cause your reputation to be harmed in the eyes of those that read them. I personally couldn't have thought less of you before Jules' post so I can't see you winning that argument.


superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6321
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:50 pm

Ok, well. My theory is that Julius Marx is child beating paedofile, targeting babies as young as 6 months.

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:52 pm

What's a paedofile?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6321
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by the-goon on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:Are paedofiles like the Rockford Files?  

Also - it can't be slander if its written.  If anything it would be libel.  However, you would have to show that his words could reasonably cause your reputation to be harmed in the eyes of those that read them.  I personally couldn't have thought less of you before Jules' post so I can't see you winning that argument.    


How long has it been since you last beat your wife?

the-goon

Posts : 795
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:57 pm

That's the spirit!

You keep trying to land these zingers and one day one will connect.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6321
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 1:37 pm

the-goon wrote:Ok, well. My theory is that Julius Marx is child beating paedofile, targeting babies as young as 6 months.

Im assuming you have evidence to back this up? After all you seem a stickler for things like that.

Samo

Posts : 4707
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 2:03 pm

the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
the-goon wrote:Give me one minority right Trump has eroded

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
Take your pick. Search for 'transgender' for example.
I'm talking about on a societal level.

Ok, give me one then! All you are doing giving me a link, and saying "there, read that". I've already debunked some of your links and toy haven't refuted anything so I guess you have conceded those points. So please give me something in your words. Which minority, which right.

Seriously? You can't be bothered to even read it? Educate yourself, don't ask me to spoon-feed you like a baby. In the long term, you'll be better off for it. Or stay ignorant - your choice. Ultimately it makes no difference to me.

You haven't debunked anything, you just think you have. You probably also think you're the second least racist person in the world.

I want your opinion, you're the person I'm talking to. I don't want the opinion writer in the article you have linked.

How did you write papers in school/uni? Was it just a bunch of links to academic papers and that's it?

Don't you enjoy fleshing out your own take on things by picking bits and pieces from various sources? The Obama vs Trump economy analysis was really good. Made me have a think alright.

Make your mind up. You say you want facts, so I give you a link to facts. Then you say you don't want a link to facts, you want my opinion.
At Uni I engaged with people of a similar level of intelligence who were worth engaging with. Unlike you. My opinion (as already stated but conveniently ignored) is that Trump is a racist. You are defending his racist views and statements and his legislation e.g. against transgenders, so I have also formed my opinion of you. But, like Trump, you will deny it, most likely even to yourself.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18670
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 4:09 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.
clap clap clap
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8178
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 3:11 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:Left wingers, in particular on social media, have devalued the word racism. I've seen people criticising religious texts and ideas, people who unintentionally commit cultural appropriation, all accused of racism.

Unfortunately that means that when the real 'wolf' comes along, Trump, it has been hard for the Democrats to convince the public that he is a racist.

It's impossible to know whether Trump is a racist deep down. Is he truly anything? He is primarily a narcissist who says what he thinks he needs to for popularity.
That has included racist things. His comment encouraging 4 non-white women to go back to where they came from and improve things, when he never said the same about socialist Sanders, is racist. His conspiracy about Obama being from Kenya without any evidence is racist. His campaign promise to ban all Muslims from entering the United States is bigoted.
clap clap clap

laughing

Not if you open your eyes and ears. Doh

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 3:13 am

Th tissue is this

We are all of us walking this planet on the spectrum of racist. Ever felt threatened by someone? Were they a different color to you? Yes then you're a racist.

Racism and ignorance go hand in glove

The real difference is acting on those beliefs. Thats what makes a racist real.

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 5:02 am

Pie wrote:Th tissue is this

We are all of us walking this planet on the spectrum of racist. Ever felt threatened by someone? Were they a different color to you? Yes then you're a racist.

Racism and ignorance go hand in glove

The real difference is acting on those beliefs. Thats what makes a racist real.

What tripe.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 5:08 am

Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:Th tissue is this

We are all of us walking this planet on the spectrum of racist. Ever felt threatened by someone? Were they a different color to you? Yes then you're a racist.

Racism and ignorance go hand in glove

The real difference is acting on those beliefs. Thats what makes a racist real.

What tripe.

Clearly hit a nerve but a cogent and eloquent argument or a load of ####$%^

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 5:17 am

Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:Th tissue is this

We are all of us walking this planet on the spectrum of racist. Ever felt threatened by someone? Were they a different color to you? Yes then you're a racist.

Racism and ignorance go hand in glove

The real difference is acting on those beliefs. Thats what makes a racist real.

What tripe.

Clearly hit a nerve but a cogent and eloquent argument or a load of ####$%^

Feeling threatened by someone that happens to be a different colour to you is not racist at all. What's racist is feeling threated because someone is a different colour to you. That's the real "tissue".

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 5:28 am

Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:Th tissue is this

We are all of us walking this planet on the spectrum of racist. Ever felt threatened by someone? Were they a different color to you? Yes then you're a racist.

Racism and ignorance go hand in glove

The real difference is acting on those beliefs. Thats what makes a racist real.

What tripe.

Clearly hit a nerve but a cogent and eloquent argument or a load of ####$%^

Feeling threatened by someone that happens to be a different colour to you is not racist at all. What's racist is feeling threated because someone is a different colour to you. That's the real "tissue".

Congrats for illustrating where you are on the spectrum of racism. Sorry if you feel 'threated', get a tissue

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 5:45 am

What no pithy retort Prawn....are you in a cocktail-laughing spin

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 6:04 am

Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:Th tissue is this

We are all of us walking this planet on the spectrum of racist. Ever felt threatened by someone? Were they a different color to you? Yes then you're a racist.

Racism and ignorance go hand in glove

The real difference is acting on those beliefs. Thats what makes a racist real.

What tripe.

Clearly hit a nerve but a cogent and eloquent argument or a load of ####$%^

Feeling threatened by someone that happens to be a different colour to you is not racist at all. What's racist is feeling threated because someone is a different colour to you. That's the real "tissue".

Congrats for illustrating where you are on the spectrum of racism. Sorry if you feel 'threated', get a tissue

You have no rebuttal to my argument, only a baseless assertion?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 6:07 am

Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:Th tissue is this

We are all of us walking this planet on the spectrum of racist. Ever felt threatened by someone? Were they a different color to you? Yes then you're a racist.

Racism and ignorance go hand in glove

The real difference is acting on those beliefs. Thats what makes a racist real.

What tripe.

Clearly hit a nerve but a cogent and eloquent argument or a load of ####$%^

Feeling threatened by someone that happens to be a different colour to you is not racist at all. What's racist is feeling threated because someone is a different colour to you. That's the real "tissue".

Congrats for illustrating where you are on the spectrum of racism. Sorry if you feel 'threated', get a tissue

You have no rebuttal to my argument, only a baseless assertion?

you don't have an 'argument'- which admittedly is de rigeur for you -you have a spelling mistake

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 6:09 am

You must be a bit slow.

My argument is that feeling threatened by someone is not racist. Feeling threatened by someone because of their colour is racist.

Please explain how I'm wrong without saying I'm somewhere on some self-invented "spectrum".

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 6:17 am

Pr4wn wrote:You must be a bit slow.

My argument is that feeling threatened by someone is not racist. Feeling threatened by someone because of their colour is racist.

Please explain how I'm wrong without saying I'm somewhere on some self-invented "spectrum".

Glad you learned to spell threatened, thats a relief as I was about to write you off as having the intellect of a crustacean. What a relief.

I'm not as slow as you - your ad hominem

You don't even understand the point...stick to low quality Bernie Inn starters, I think its your strong suit. thumbsup

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 6:18 am

Oh Poopie your a mod, here comes the I- dont- have- a -response ban haha

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 6:22 am

Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:You must be a bit slow.

My argument is that feeling threatened by someone is not racist. Feeling threatened by someone because of their colour is racist.

Please explain how I'm wrong without saying I'm somewhere on some self-invented "spectrum".

Glad you learned to spell threatened, thats a relief as I was about to write you off as having the intellect of a crustacean. What a relief.

I'm not as slow as you - your ad hominem

You don't even understand the point...stick to low quality Bernie Inn starters, I think its your strong suit.  thumbsup

So "your" not going to address my point? Ok, then. picard

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 7:29 am

Pr4wn wrote:
Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:You must be a bit slow.

My argument is that feeling threatened by someone is not racist. Feeling threatened by someone because of their colour is racist.

Please explain how I'm wrong without saying I'm somewhere on some self-invented "spectrum".

Glad you learned to spell threatened, thats a relief as I was about to write you off as having the intellect of a crustacean. What a relief.

I'm not as slow as you - your ad hominem

You don't even understand the point...stick to low quality Bernie Inn starters, I think its your strong suit.  thumbsup

So "your" not going to address my point? Ok, then. picard

Doubtful is so dull

But, maybe I will when you acknowledge your own spellcheck misdemeanor....however since you rely on a mere err for deflection.......nah I doubt it Prawny you threated crustacean you

Are you a transgender Prawn or do you like a good cocktail?

Pie

Posts : 628
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 7:44 am

If typo pettiness is all you have argument-wise then I'm wasting my time. Play the ball, not the man.

I've responded to your quite ludicrous assertion that anyone that feels threatened is racist and you refuse to respond to that.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 8:36 am

Pie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:You must be a bit slow.

My argument is that feeling threatened by someone is not racist. Feeling threatened by someone because of their colour is racist.

Please explain how I'm wrong without saying I'm somewhere on some self-invented "spectrum".

Glad you learned to spell threatened, thats a relief as I was about to write you off as having the intellect of a crustacean. What a relief.

I'm not as slow as you - your ad hominem

You don't even understand the point...stick to low quality Bernie Inn starters, I think its your strong suit.  thumbsup

You missed an apostrophe in "that's" and in "it's". Also, it's "Berni", not "Bernie".

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18670
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 9:04 am

No full stop after ad hominem as well.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6321
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by lostinwales on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 1:02 pm

It is not just about colour either, as I found out as an Englishman living in Wales. For the vast majority of people that wasn't an issue, but for a minority it was.

lostinwales

Posts : 8419
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by It Must Be Love on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 4:48 pm

This argument further illustrates how polarisation has made Trump and others like him so successful.

On the one hand we have a poster saying that everyone is on a spectrum of being racist. Have you ever been threatened by anyone of a different ethnicity for a reason nothing to do with race? You're still a racist.
The reaction of some people to this may be: if the same people calling Trump a racist are also calling everyone racist on flimsy grounds, perhaps Trump isn't so bad after all?

And then on the other hand we had a poster earlier on trying to defend Trump, when it's clear he has said and done things that are racist.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 8:44 pm

He’s taken to gloating about Elijah Cummings house being broken into.

Samo

Posts : 4707
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 3:37 am

I just don't understand how, whether you think he's a racist or not, there isn't a universal opinion that Trump is a total tosspot. How do people identify with such a repugnant man? I really don't understand it.

I suppose people have been defending him and now they're digging their heels in so as not to show that they misjudged him? I don't know.

I thought Corbyn was a great choice originally as Labour leader. A guy that had consistently voted, was anti-war, pro-nationalisation of railways. Boy, was I wrong.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4947
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I just don't understand how, whether you think he's a racist or not, there isn't a universal opinion that Trump is a total tosspot. How do people identify with such a repugnant man? I really don't understand it.

I suppose people have been defending him and now they're digging their heels in so as not to show that they misjudged him? I don't know.

I thought Corbyn was a great choice originally as Labour leader. A guy that had consistently voted, was anti-war, pro-nationalisation of railways. Boy, was I wrong.
OK
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8178
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Mon 05 Aug 2019, 6:04 am

Turns out Trumps anti-immigrant rhetoric is dangerous after all. Whodda thought it?

Samo

Posts : 4707
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum