The Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019 - Page 2 Empty The Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019

Post by tigertattie on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

We're getting there folks. Less that 50 days to go til lthe big event.

Here's a place to talk about all things world cup as we lead into this most spectacular of events.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/

Full fixture list
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/matches

Teams that are going
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/teams

Pools:

Pool A

Ireland
Scotland
Japan (Hosts)
Russia
Samoa

Pool B

New Zealand (3x cup holders) Reigning champs
South Africa (2x cup holders)
Italy
Namibia
Canada

Pool C

England (1x cup holders)
France
Argentina
USA
Tonga

Pool D

Australia (2x cup holders)
Wales
Georgia
Fiji
Uruguay

Who do you think has the best chance?
Who will provide this competition's upset?
What pool will see the biggest fight for qualification?
Which of the non seeded teams are looking like they could do well?
Who has the current momentum going into the W/C?

I can't wait. If I could have swung it, I'd have gone over for it.

Fans mixing together  Hug  and top quality rugby being played over 6 weeks  Yahoo
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

The Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019

Post by robbo277 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:You obviously think Wales will lose to Australia? Good chance they will though they are probably still a better side than Oz.

Yes, if I had to plump now. And this weekend's results probably reenforce that slightly, although I wouldn't be overly surprised if Wales won.

I think both teams are quite evenly matched, but Australia have an extra couple of days rest before the Wales game, which could prove to be the advantage.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

The Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019

Post by tigertattie on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 pm

The Wales vs Oz history would also suggest that Oz would still be considered at least 50/50 in head to heads.

Also given the Oz pedigree in the WC, it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility for Oz to top that group!

I also feel that Wales have been riding the crest of a wave with Gats himself saying that Wales have "forgotten how to lose". Wales were given a reminder on this at the weekend and in tnernational rugby we often see teams going up then coming down. It is entirley possible that this is Wales starting to come down, it's also just as likely that this was a "one off" loss and Wales go back to winning games.

Still say this will be the tightest WC ever and there's a good 4 or 5 teams that could win it.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 am

tigertattie wrote:The Wales vs Oz history would also suggest that Oz would still be considered at least 50/50 in head to heads.

Also given the Oz pedigree in the WC, it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility for Oz to top that group!

I also feel that Wales have been riding the crest of a wave with Gats himself saying that Wales have "forgotten how to lose". Wales were given a reminder on this at the weekend and in tnernational rugby we often see teams going up then coming down. It is entirley possible that this is Wales starting to come down, it's also just as likely that this was a "one off" loss and Wales go back to winning games.

Still say this will be the tightest WC ever and there's a good 4 or 5 teams that could win it.

Agreed.

If Fiji and Japan really show up then there are 3 groups where nobody is safe really, along with Group C.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 am

Fiji are an odd one.

They only just scrapped a win against a Samoan side which is looking like it really is going backwards (mostly due to off field politics).

Fiji are very Scottish in that one week they look like they can score against anyone in the world but the next week they look rudderless and all the time have an underpinning of being defensively unorganised!

Japan do have a great shout though as they are on the up and with it being a home tournament, they have every opportunity. Especially against the afore mentioned inconsistent Scotland.

At the sharp end of the competition though, you have NZ, Wales, Ireland, England, SA and Aus all looking like on any day any of them could beat each other

Folk in my office think I’m nuts. Wishing away the summer so the Autumn can get here ASAP!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Yesterday at 1:57 am

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/casualties-as-conor-oshea-confirms-31-man-italy-rugby-world-cup-squad/

Former England U20 skipper Callum Braley one of 3 SHs selected. Slightly weird that Gloucester have 2 English players in the Italian squad and one kiwi in the England one.

Ian McKinley perhaps the most notable casualty.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Yesterday at 2:14 am

5 world cups for Parisse is some achievement.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Yesterday at 7:37 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:5 world cups for Parisse is some achievement.

Surely he's the only player to rock up to 5 cups?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Yesterday at 7:43 pm

I read that Mauro Bergamasco and Brian Lima did it too.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Today at 8:10 am

https://www.the42.ie/argentina-world-cup-squad-2-4773172-Aug2019/

Ledesma admits that he has favoured domestic based players. Slightly shocked Leguizamon who is a long way past his best is in and Facundo Isa is not.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Today at 8:19 am

i kind of expected there to be not a lot if overseas players selected given the success of the Jaguares and the fact that there arent that many really key players playing overseas anyway. Thought Isa might make it though but wouldnt describe it as a shock that he didnt.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum