Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 6:12 pm

Rather bizarrely they will fight in Jeddah

Nathaniel Jacobs

Posts : 1923
Join date : 2016-12-17

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by No name Bertie on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 6:56 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Rather bizarrely they will fight in Jeddah
$$$ They must have received an offer they couldn't refuse $$$

Eddie Hearn suggested a whille back they had received very generous offers to hold the rematch in two different countries outside of the UK and USA, and worthy of looking into.   Anthony Joshua had recently said he would like the rematch to be held in Cardiff - so that his UK fans could attend.  While Andy Ruiz was reported as saying he didn't want the rematch in the UK because of the strange goings on regarding Dillian Whyte and UKAD.

No name Bertie

Posts : 2020
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by compelling and rich on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 10:06 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49255262

so read passion as more money then. strange choice, understand the likes of khan doing it but if i were joshua get it on home soil if possible were you have a much better chance of winning. its hardly like it wouldn't make much money over here

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Duty281 on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 10:26 am

So much for AJ's 'nice guy' image - holding an event in and giving validation to one of the most deplorable regimes on earth.

Duty281

Posts : 20993
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Soul Requiem on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 10:30 am

Not a lot AJ can do, Ruiz is the champion so has all the bargaining power at the moment, he either accepts the terms or doesn't get his rematch.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 1026
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 13 Aug 2019, 7:02 pm

Not paying for a fight that takes place in Saudi Arabia......

Yemen atrocity........Jamal Khashoggi.....Discrimination against Women and religious minorities...

I don't blame Joshua so much as Hearn who continues to show he will do anything for a dollar bill...

Very sad..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38843
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Soul Requiem on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 8:01 am

Why would anyone pay for a fight that takes place in America?

Gun massacres seemingly every week, Donald Trump, economic discrimination against almost the majority.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 1026
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 1:58 pm

Economic discrimination in every Country...

Right to bear arms was a misguided amendment by the Founding Fathers to protect democracy...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38843
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Noble-Surfer on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:52 am

Ruiz saying he hasn't actually signed yet. .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49355044

Noble-Surfer

Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Caerfaddon

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 1:54 pm

Thank goodness someone has integrity...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38843
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Soul Requiem on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 3:55 pm

Joshua is starting the let façade slip by badmouthing Lewis, seems as though he's unable to accept any level of criticism and it could be his undoing in the rematch. Lennox was far from perfect but it's hard to argue he didn't learn from his mistakes and very quickly at that.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 1026
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 5:28 pm

Lewis is a great Heavy....Joshua is a stiff.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38843
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 6:15 pm

There's been some talks of Haymon/Ruiz trying to delay the fight long enough as so Ruiz would be stripped of the IBF belt. As such Hearn/Joshua could be tempted to face Pulev for the vacant belt in the UK.

Would be very odd if Ruiz would willing drop a belt as if he faces Wilder, 3:1 ratio probably gets him a $20m payday.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Posts : 1923
Join date : 2016-12-17

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by No name Bertie on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 9:30 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:There's been some talks of Haymon/Ruiz trying to delay the fight long enough as so Ruiz would be stripped of the IBF belt. As such Hearn/Joshua could be tempted to face Pulev for the vacant belt in the UK.

Would be very odd if Ruiz would willing drop a belt as if he faces Wilder, 3:1 ratio probably gets him a $20m payday.
That is an interesting theory - but ultimately depends on Hearn/Joshua failing to enforce the rematch.

I can see the benefit for Haymon/Ruiz wanting to try to go down this route (avoiding the immediate rematch) as they could do a sort of "Canelo" and fight bums (carefully chosen opponents) in Mexico and build up to megafights (Ruiz-Wilder, Ruiz - Joshua "rematch".  I am not sure a Ruiz - Tyson fight would be good style wise).  

I think Ruiz would be likely to knock out Joshua again in December, but there are reports that he has been relaxing and enjoying his new found fame - and the rematch in December is still going to be very tough for him - he got caught with quite a few power shots to the head from Joshua in the first fight.

No name Bertie

Posts : 2020
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Soul Requiem on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Lewis is a great Heavy....Joshua is a stiff.

I do like AJ but he's going the way of Hameed where image is more important than training properly and he only has a fraction of his natural talent.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 1026
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Soul Requiem on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:45 pm

No name Bertie wrote:
Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:There's been some talks of Haymon/Ruiz trying to delay the fight long enough as so Ruiz would be stripped of the IBF belt. As such Hearn/Joshua could be tempted to face Pulev for the vacant belt in the UK.

Would be very odd if Ruiz would willing drop a belt as if he faces Wilder, 3:1 ratio probably gets him a $20m payday.
That is an interesting theory - but ultimately depends on Hearn/Joshua failing to enforce the rematch.

I can see the benefit for Haymon/Ruiz wanting to try to go down this route (avoiding the immediate rematch) as they could do a sort of "Canelo" and fight bums (carefully chosen opponents) in Mexico and build up to megafights (Ruiz-Wilder, Ruiz - Joshua "rematch".  I am not sure a Ruiz - Tyson fight would be good style wise).  

I think Ruiz would be likely to knock out Joshua again in December, but there are reports that he has been relaxing and enjoying his new found fame - and the rematch in December is still going to be very tough for him - he got caught with quite a few power shots to the head from Joshua in the first fight.

Say what you want Alvarez and his preferential treatment but he certainly does not fight bums.

Ruiz knows he got lucky first time around is likely to get taken out pretty damn quickly in a rematch, he quites telling that he's the one reluctant to sign for the fight and not AJ. Shocks happen all the time in boxing, they are very very rarely repeated.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 1026
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Soul Requiem on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 11:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Thank goodness someone has integrity...

You were saying?

Soul Requiem

Posts : 1026
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by No name Bertie on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 11:52 am

With regard so-called morals - it is certain Trussman66 and all of us have supported directly the Saudi Arabian regime given Saudi Arabia has been for sometime the major exporter of fossil fuels that goes into our cars, that powers our flights, that transports our goods, that is turned into plastics and pharmeuceuticals ... they also own, part-own various companies in Britain and elsewhere ...

So although it may be appropriate to condemn Saudi Arabia for its various internal domestic and external foreign policies - it is difficult to impossible to disentangle ourselves from our globalised and interlinked connections that support it.

Anyway - this section is for boxing - and it is best that matters outside of boxing goes into the off-topic section.

I predict Ruiz will knock out Joshua again - maybe in the ninth.  Ruiz knows once he properly clips Joshua, Joshua's brain will be scrambled.  One criticism of Joshua in the first fight was that he didn't use the uppercut - and didn't stand tall and use his reach advantage.

No name Bertie

Posts : 2020
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Muscular-mouse on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 6:12 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:
Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:There's been some talks of Haymon/Ruiz trying to delay the fight long enough as so Ruiz would be stripped of the IBF belt. As such Hearn/Joshua could be tempted to face Pulev for the vacant belt in the UK.

Would be very odd if Ruiz would willing drop a belt as if he faces Wilder, 3:1 ratio probably gets him a $20m payday.
That is an interesting theory - but ultimately depends on Hearn/Joshua failing to enforce the rematch.

I can see the benefit for Haymon/Ruiz wanting to try to go down this route (avoiding the immediate rematch) as they could do a sort of "Canelo" and fight bums (carefully chosen opponents) in Mexico and build up to megafights (Ruiz-Wilder, Ruiz - Joshua "rematch".  I am not sure a Ruiz - Tyson fight would be good style wise).  

I think Ruiz would be likely to knock out Joshua again in December, but there are reports that he has been relaxing and enjoying his new found fame - and the rematch in December is still going to be very tough for him - he got caught with quite a few power shots to the head from Joshua in the first fight.

Say what you want Alvarez and his preferential treatment but he certainly does not fight bums.

Ruiz knows he got lucky first time around is likely to get taken out pretty damn quickly in a rematch, he quites telling that he's the one reluctant to sign for the fight and not AJ. Shocks happen all the time in boxing, they are very very rarely repeated.

Can you just clarify how Ruiz got lucky first time please? Which punch in the FOUR knockdowns were a lucky punch? I watched the fight and it looked like Ruiz outboxed him so I am not sure how he got lucky...

Muscular-mouse

Posts : 440
Join date : 2017-01-18

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 9:50 am

2019 version of David Bey is going to do a Douglas against Holyfield.....

Getting a great payday he never expected.....He is already thinking of what he will do with the money and how he wants to be around to spend it...

First bell rings and he will be looking for a place to lie down..

If Ruiz was really dedicated to boxing he wouldn't look like a slob..




TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38843
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Steffan on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 7:14 pm

Hopefully Ruiz will win again. I doubt it though

Steffan

Posts : 7820
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by 88Chris05 on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 8:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:2019 version of David Bey is going to do a Douglas against Holyfield.....

Getting a great payday he never expected.....He is already thinking of what he will do with the money and how he wants to be around to spend it...

First bell rings and he will be looking for a place to lie down..

If Ruiz was really dedicated to boxing he wouldn't look like a slob..

I'm worried that you might be on the money with that one, Truss. Hopefully not, but likewise I have a hunch.

Ruiz's body is never going to look the part, but in spite of that he is durable, strong and has good hand speed. Worth noting he only had a five-week camp for the first fight; he'll still have moobs and a spare tyre around his midriff for the rematch but regardless of that, with longer to prepare, more time to plan tactically and the confidence of already having beaten Joshua, in theory we should see a better Ruiz for the return. If he's focussed and in form it'll be another good fight.

A lot is being made of how Joshua was outboxed as well as eventually slowed down and overpowered, and I agree he was. Ruiz does have considerable skill - but he relies on being in close to his opponent to make them count. If it's another fight with a lot of exchanges at close or even mid-range he's liable to turn his shots over a little quicker than Joshua and possibly repeat the trick. But if he can be kept on the outside he's going to have problems particularly as his head and upper body movement isn't great.

Ruiz navigated Joshua's jab quite well in the first fight, but Joshua was pawing with it a lot of the time. There were definitely shades of Bruno in him, because he looks incapable of punching on the move. He has to set his feet to let shots go and that was a reason why he couldn't establish the jab against Ruiz. I think he's also got so used to being able to blow people away with the trusty jab, straight right 1-2 that he ran out of ideas pretty quickly when he couldn't land that right. Ruiz kept his left glove very high as he patiently stalked and gave Joshua very, very few opportunities to throw that right cross after a jab.

A lot of people are saying that there's not much that Joshua can do differently against Ruiz, but I'm not so sure. I think Joshua is capable of much better than what he produced in the first fight and if he works on creating angles as he jabs he's got the size and tools to keep Ruiz ineffective on the outside and force him to walk on to something as he tries to force the issue. Joshua has expanded his training team for this one, so presumably that's something they'll be trying to address. I think he could make this a safety-first points win.

Problem is, will his ego allow him to box like that after the flak he's caught for the first fight? He says he's got bad intentions for the rematch, and if he were to try to box his way to a decision Ruiz will naturally accuse him of dogging it, and it might not sit well with the fans.
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9021
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 31
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by aja424 on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 9:02 am

I'm hoping Ruiz is gonna train his heart out again for this one, same philosophy as Mayweather and train like the challenger. I've really taken to him tbh, yes he's a bit flash, but I imagine that's part and parcel of living in Southern California and for the most part looking at wealth constantly.

aja424

Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 41
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Goughy on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 11:58 am

So Chris, you’re saying Joshua should ‘do a Wlad’?
If Hughie Fury had used those tactics I think he might have nicked it again Povetkin.
Say what we like about Lewis,Emmanuel Steward’s know-how
did reap results!

Goughy

Posts : 7
Join date : 2019-07-17

Back to top Go down

Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II Empty Re: Ruiz Jr vs Joshua II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum