Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by LondonTiger on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 2:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

TeamPlayedWonDrawnLostTriesPFPA+/-BPPoints
Wales2200872393319
Australia2101964501426
Georgia210174750-315
Uruguay210143760-2304
Fiji200274869-1122



Australia 39 - 21 Fiji  
Wales 43-14 Georgia
Fiji 27-30 Uruguay        
Georgia 33-7 Uruguay                  
Australia 25-29 Wales                    


3 October 2019         Georgia v Fiji                           Hanazono Rugby Stadium, Higashiosaka
5 October 2019         Australia v Uruguay                  Oita Stadium, Ōita
9 October 2019         Wales v Fiji                              Oita Stadium, Ōita
11 October 2019       Australia v Georgia                   Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa, Fukuroi
13 October 2019       Wales v Uruguay                      Kumamoto Stadium, Kumamoto


Last edited by LondonTiger on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 9:42 am; edited 4 times in total

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 21426
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down


Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by The Oracle on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:09 am

Beale was lucky there. Seemed to be a bit of a shoulder tackle at that ruck that led to the non try. They seemed to be looking at the number 8 being offside and the Ozzie side entry, but didn’t see the Beale shoulder!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:09 am

Unlucky Uruguay

They play a great game of straight running and superb offloads.

Hooper is becoming a very unlike able character. His opposite number seven offered him a hand at the halftime whistle and hooper ignored it.

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:10 am

The Oracle wrote:Beale was lucky there. Seemed to be a bit of a shoulder tackle at that ruck that led to the non try. They seemed to be looking at the number 8 being offside and the Ozzie side entry, but didn’t see the Beale shoulder!

Not the first either. Australia have been lucky not to have conceded more penalties or cards for high tackles.

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by The Oracle on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:22 am

I agree with the studio pundits that the first yellow was harsh. He tackled around the guy’s arm and the ball. But due to the ‘angle’ of the tackle it inevitably meant that part of him touched the Uruguayan above the shoulder. I think there should be some degree of leniency with those but I appreciate it then becomes open to interpretation and then we have a lack of consistency from one ref to another.

I said it before but I think the only way to go is to enforce tackling around the chest and below. Just bring that in and there would be no issues. A soon as you tackle round the shoulders it’s so easy to go slightly higher, or slide up, or get caught out by a duck, that it makes head contact and there is a sanction.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:23 am

Just dumb play on so many levels from the Wallabies. You'd think they'd have sorted out the tackle issues after Wales. Then trying to take on 8 with 7 by keeping it in the scrums... then making a complete mess of it or turning it over. Some idiots not even looking at the ball. Ffs...

Don't they realise these officials are on to them? They really are thick. And don't get me started on that useless, oily, rude and whiny coach.
I'd shave that circular hairy thing off his scalp for starters!
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by The Oracle on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:24 am

Pal Joey wrote:Just dumb play on so many levels from the Wallabies. You'd think they'd have sorted out the tackle issues after Wales. Then trying to take on 8 with 7 by keeping it in the scrums... then making a complete mess of it or turning it over. Some idiots not even looking at the ball. Ffs...

Don't they realise these officials are on to them? They really are thick. And don't get me started on that useless, oily, whiny coach. I'd shave that circular hairy thing off his scalp for starters!


Laugh Good rant Joey!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:25 am

New trick by To’omua there, pass from white and a header in stead of a grabber through the gap?

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:28 am

The Oracle wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Just dumb play on so many levels from the Wallabies. You'd think they'd have sorted out the tackle issues after Wales. Then trying to take on 8 with 7 by keeping it in the scrums... then making a complete mess of it or turning it over. Some idiots not even looking at the ball. Ffs...

Don't they realise these officials are on to them? They really are thick. And don't get me started on that useless, oily, whiny coach. I'd shave that circular hairy thing off his scalp for starters!


Laugh   Good rant Joey!

Thanks Ory... Very Happy
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:29 am

Lovely work Wallabies

Great try

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:32 am

AA Cooper has some pace for an old boy

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:35 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Hooper is becoming a very unlike able character. His opposite number seven offered him a hand at the halftime whistle and hooper ignored it.

Maybe he didn't see it... his eyes are that close together. He'll be able to wear a monocle when he's an old man.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by The Oracle on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:36 am

Australia are so dangerous with ball in hand. Lovely to watch when not facing them!

Where’s Kerevi? He was immense v Wales. Kuridrani causing similar problems this time though.
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:36 am

Pal Joey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Hooper is becoming a very unlike able character. His opposite number seven offered him a hand at the halftime whistle and hooper ignored it.

Maybe he didn't see it... his eyes are that close together. He'll be able to wear a monocle when he's an old man.

Haha ha, good point.

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:39 am

The Oracle wrote:Australia are so dangerous with ball in hand. Lovely to watch when not facing them!

Where’s Kerevi? He was immense v Wales. Kuridrani causing similar problems this time though.
taking a day off, probably knackered after last week.

So much talent in the wallaby squad he isn’t missed.

Dempsey looking superb at blindside. I think the pooper experiment is not the best use of this squad. Having Pocock come off the bench is scary.

Nice ray for Genia...! Is that his first this RWC... .?

He’s given some lovely assists ...!

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:42 am

AAC must have had extra Wheatabix at breakfast this morning. he must be faster than he was ten years ago after his first decade playing pro rugby

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:47 am

Matt To’omua is playing really well today...

No wonder old Cheika looks so stressed, he has a serious selection dilemma...

Very hard to pick your best backline. And nearly all of them can play multiple positions too....!

This team were starting to look the real deal last Saturday, they are looking even better today

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:49 am

Very impressed with Dempsey. He's got the right stuff. Having a blinder today.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by The Oracle on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:50 am

Go Slipper! 1st test try in 94 appearances!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:52 am

Pal Joey wrote:Very impressed with Dempsey. He's got the right stuff. Having a blinder today.

Abso-bloody-lotely

He has been absolutely superb. You can’t drop him after this performance.

Jordan Petaia I guess is being brought back from injury gradually, hence grandad cooper getting half a match. But he looks a really good find too.

Just need the wallabies to run in another three tries before the end to get closer to my pre-match prediction...

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Taylorman on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:05 am

Good to see Dempsey coming through at the right time. Has been promising all season in S Rugby.

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:07 am

Well done Uruguay, finally get across the line.


maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by maestegmafia on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:11 am

If wales beat Fiji on Wednesday then this group is decided, certainly looking pretty conclusive at the moment that Wales and Australia will go through

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22571
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Cyril on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:51 am

Despite the win this Aussie side just look average. Cheika out? I wonder who can improve them? They just don’t seem to have the players and haven’t had for quite a few years. Disappointing in all their games so far.

It’s a shame because I always like to see a strong Aussie side. SA have got out of their rut but the Aussies seem right in the middle of theirs.

Cyril

Posts : 6745
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by miaow on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 6:56 pm

Australia were pretty grubby today. Fair play to Uruguay, deserved their try. Some great play by Australia but, still, the high tackling was atrocious. Beale's was a stonewal card for me - amazing break, cut short by a high clothesline. Has to - literally, has to - get cited for that.

I thought Raynal actually took control of the high tackle issue quite well. Probably got the Coleman one wrong - I think the second yellow was fair, and Beale should have walked as well, but ultimately, he took charge. Ok, fine.

No dissent from Hooper. That's because result was never in doubt. When head high shots and player safety just becomes another tool for gamesmanship for the Aussies, you really have to hope either the refs don't bow to the pressure and penalise them when it counts, or let the opposition dish up some justice in return. Not going back to the old days of dirty play - and not smashing them high, either - just play them at their own game. England have that in store by the looks of things.

Oz proving they're a danger with ball in hand, though suffering from accuracy issues like everyone.

Love the way Uruguay play. Like watching Argentina 10 years ago. Great stuff.

miaow

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by miaow on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 6:59 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Hooper is becoming a very unlike able character. His opposite number seven offered him a hand at the halftime whistle and hooper ignored it.

Maybe he didn't see it... his eyes are that close together. He'll be able to wear a monocle when he's an old man.

Sign of a predator.

In all fairness, they do look like they've got a ruthless, win-at-all-cost mentality this year. That's all the Wales chat was about. Coudln't handle they were losing the game, couldn't accept they lost the game. All part of the mental side of things the Australians excel at. Just glad Wales won that game and, by the looks of things, the pressure put on the refs hasn't really had an effect.

miaow

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:44 pm

miaow wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Hooper is becoming a very unlike able character. His opposite number seven offered him a hand at the halftime whistle and hooper ignored it.

Maybe he didn't see it... his eyes are that close together. He'll be able to wear a monocle when he's an old man.

Sign of a predator.

In all fairness, they do look like they've got a ruthless, win-at-all-cost mentality this year. That's all the Wales chat was about. Coudln't handle they were losing the game, couldn't accept they lost the game. All part of the mental side of things the Australians excel at. Just glad Wales won that game and, by the looks of things, the pressure put on the refs hasn't really had an effect.

Yes I can understand the relief you must have felt. It was a great effort from Wales. I liked the way they snapped those field goals early in each half to set the tone. Put the Wallabies on the back foot right from the outset... of each half. Wink

The ruthless win at all cost approach however has to be tempered with fair play and common sense. They were reckless on a few occasions in the Uruguay match today (yesterday already here) which is a major concern. Especially after all the focus on the legality of tackling/running techniques.

Hoops had every right to ask the question to Poite regarding the Kerevi ruling; nothing wrong with that. Sure he was fuming and perhaps showed some disdain towards the ref for that decision. Fair enough in the heat of the moment. However Cheika's response afterwards was not on - just very poor and ill-mannered but I'm not at all surprised. He's the antithesis of good sportsmanship and he acts exactly how a coach shouldn't behave. Unlike Eddie. Very Happy


Last edited by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by miaow on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 7:58 pm

I dunno, I think there was a lot more than just the Kerevi tackle, although that's the one being focused on. Hooper seemed adamant to question the ref, put pressure on him, from the first minute. Likewise, it's always that Australian mindset - which I'm sure you can attest to experiencing - of intimidating the opposition with constant talk, constant mental pressure. It's all part of it.

Agree there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, but in light of what's happened in the last 4 years, of seeing Australia limp meekly to defeat after defeat, you can understand why they've gone full on siege mentality this tournament. If nothing else, it fires them up, by the looks of things.

miaow

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:28 pm

Not me personally, Miaow... but I can see what you're trying to say regarding the myth of the 'Australian mindset'.
Not all Australians behave like that of course. But it's funny to hear people keep repeating that point of view or belief.

I think maybe you are exaggerating the siege mentality thing too. They always try to play hard if that's what you mean but I believe it's simply a desperate attempt to up the intensity of their approach instead - as they more or less do in every RWC - and also as they did recently in the Perth match.

In fact, I believe they are trying to mimic that typical AB match intensity but obviously not executing quite so well as the ABs at this stage of the tournament because of these disciplinary distractions and the fact that New Zealand have much better players across most if not all positions.

So I wouldn't say they are "limping meekly to defeat after the defeat". You'd know more about that sort of pattern of failure than I would given Wales' inferior overall rugby record, wouldn't you? 66 years of it in the case of the ABs. Do you need a wheelchair to rest those tired old legs, perhaps? Wink
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Old Man on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:41 pm

Pal Joey wrote: But it's funny to hear people keep repeating that point of view or belief

Accepting general perception as fact and not generating new ones is the sign of a lazy mind. Wink

Old Man

Posts : 317
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Taylorman on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:45 pm

Yes after watching decades of limping from defeat to defeat, it’s funny reading the same comments from fans of those teams. It’s like the game started for Wales in 2018 Very Happy  and they’re making the most of what not losing actually feels like...yet. I mean it was 46-6 as recent as 2016.

Only 66 is it? Gosh, feels like longer. Very Happy


Last edited by Taylorman on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by miaow on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:47 pm

Na, of course it's not all, but it certainly is in my experience with Australians I've played sport with. Then again, I met quite a few Aussies at Uni who were far less objectionable than the vast majority of English people, on and off the field.

Maybe I am giving it too much focus - it's all the media seems to be talking about, which clearly skews things - but I am genuinely quite surprised at the way the debate has shifted, including among those who aren't just casual fans, to validate the narrative Cheika etc. has wanted to put forward from half time of the Wales game.

I agree it's about intensity and trying to mimic the standards needed. And not wanting to concede any area of confrontation, including foul play and the war of words. That's why I think there is a mental siege mentality to all of this.

I think you've also misunderstood the defeats I'm talking about. Australia have been smashed by most teams since reaching a World Cup final 4 years ago. Wales aside - and let's just treat us as an anomaly for a while - you've had a rough record against the NH, including being whitewashed at home to England, and a pretty torrid time against NZ as well.

miaow

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by SecretFly on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:47 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Not me personally, Miaow... but I can see what you're trying to say regarding the myth of the 'Australian mindset'.
Not all Australians behave like that of course. But it's funny to hear people keep repeating that point of view or belief.

I think maybe you are exaggerating the siege mentality thing too. They always try to play hard if that's what you mean but I believe it's simply a desperate attempt to up the intensity of their approach instead - as they more or less do in every RWC - and also as they did recently in the Perth match.

In fact, I believe they are trying to mimic that typical AB match intensity but obviously not executing quite so well as the ABs at this stage of the tournament because of these disciplinary distractions and the fact that New Zealand have much better players across most if not all positions.

So I wouldn't say they are "limping meekly to defeat after the defeat". You'd know more about that sort of pattern of failure than I would given Wales' inferior overall rugby record, wouldn't you? 66 years of it in the case of the ABs. Do you need a wheelchair to rest those tired old legs, perhaps? Wink

Joey, proud Aussie. OK

This WC is heating up nicely.

SecretFly

Posts : 30800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by miaow on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:48 pm

Old Man wrote:
Pal Joey wrote: But it's funny to hear people keep repeating that point of view or belief

Accepting general perception as fact and not generating new ones is the sign of a lazy mind. Wink

Or, you know, it aligns with personal experience, wider understanding, and the general perception as well.

miaow

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by miaow on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:48 pm

Taylorman wrote:Yes after watching decades of limping from defeat to defeat, it’s funny reading the same comments from fans of those teams. It’s like the game started for Wales in 2018 Very Happy  and they’re making the most of what not losing actually feels like...yet. I mean it was 46-6 as recent as 2016.

Only 66 is it? Gosh, feels like longer. Very Happy

Yes mate. We get it. You're right because the All Blacks win rugby matches. We know. You're deluded, but 'we know'.

miaow

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:51 pm

I even made the same mistake here, miaow. Had some guests from Melbourne and asked them in a boisterous tone:

"So who do you follow?" (AFL team) Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 3933776953

I was met with blank faces. They were not into the footy as much as I has been led to believe.

So as Benny Hill said.... Very Happy


Last edited by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Taylorman on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:51 pm

miaow wrote:
I think you've also misunderstood the defeats I'm talking about. Australia have been smashed by most teams since reaching a World Cup final 4 years ago. Wales aside - and let's just treat us as an anomaly for a while - you've had a rough record against the NH, including being whitewashed at home to England, and a pretty torrid time against NZ as well.

It’s funny you know, been trying to find a worse oz result than 46-6 by Wales in 2016, but just can’t seem to. Does that make that an anomaly too? laughing

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Taylorman on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:55 pm

miaow wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Yes after watching decades of limping from defeat to defeat, it’s funny reading the same comments from fans of those teams. It’s like the game started for Wales in 2018 Very Happy  and they’re making the most of what not losing actually feels like...yet. I mean it was 46-6 as recent as 2016.

Only 66 is it? Gosh, feels like longer. Very Happy

Yes mate. We get it. You're right because the All Blacks win rugby matches. We know. You're deluded, but 'we know'.

I think most do...but YOU actually don’t. You haven’t a clue. Do you know how many times I’ve seen fans of sides taking the know it all about others when their own team is up? The ‘experts’. As you are doing now. Only to come crashing down in a blithering heap when, once again, their side crashes through completely unexplainable circumstances?

Join the long line pal, it’ll be worth the ride.

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:55 pm

Old Man wrote:
Pal Joey wrote: But it's funny to hear people keep repeating that point of view or belief

Accepting general perception as fact and not generating new ones is the sign of a lazy mind. Wink

Yes Master. Where is fly now? Open hand and see... for yourself. zen
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by miaow on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 8:59 pm

No, T, dear. Wales are psycholoical bottlers and pessimists. It's the national psyche. Australia are our nemesis. We clutch defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again. Or just fail to turn up and get smashed. So it's nice that we outplayed them and won when it really mattered, eventually.

But that doesn't actually make any difference to me, personally.

I'm not someone who's invested part of their ego and psychological wellbeing in to feeling (falsely) superior to strangers on the internet through the achievements of people I'm vaguely attached to, based on birth and location.

Most people grow out of that after a certain age.

What are you running from?

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 PciWpmmUIR0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

miaow

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:00 pm

Taylorman wrote:
miaow wrote:
I think you've also misunderstood the defeats I'm talking about. Australia have been smashed by most teams since reaching a World Cup final 4 years ago. Wales aside - and let's just treat us as an anomaly for a while - you've had a rough record against the NH, including being whitewashed at home to England, and a pretty torrid time against NZ as well.

It’s funny you know, been trying to find a worse oz result than 46-6 by Wales in 2016, but just can’t seem to. laughing

I must have been up on the International Space Station for that one... Whistle
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49782
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Near a forest

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pie on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:22 pm

miaow wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Yes after watching decades of limping from defeat to defeat, it’s funny reading the same comments from fans of those teams. It’s like the game started for Wales in 2018 Very Happy  and they’re making the most of what not losing actually feels like...yet. I mean it was 46-6 as recent as 2016.

Only 66 is it? Gosh, feels like longer. Very Happy

Yes mate. We get it. You're right because the All Blacks win rugby matches. We know. You're deluded, but 'we know'.

Been reading recently about how they have got their black panties in a bunch over the years when the Haka wasn't treated with enough Rispikt for their sensitive and frankly arrogant liking. Prima donnas the lot of them.

Pie

Posts : 731
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by SecretFly on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:28 pm

Pie wrote: Prima donnas the lot of them.

Play like one too, so they ain't all bad.

SecretFly

Posts : 30800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Pie on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:50 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pie wrote: Prima donnas the lot of them.

Play like one too, so they ain't all bad.

nah, now Henry Carter and McCaw have gone I have no respect for them.

Pie

Posts : 731
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Taylorman on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:59 pm

Pie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Pie wrote: Prima donnas the lot of them.

Play like one too, so they ain't all bad.

nah, now Henry Carter and McCaw have gone I have no respect for them.

That’s great, cos your validation would be concerning. And I wish folks would make their minds up about McCaw. He’s either the most respected or biggest cheat of a player on the planet. I guess only the greats can get that sort of swing vote. laughing

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Old Man on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:02 pm

You have to at least respect his ability to cheat and getting away with it. Whistle

Old Man

Posts : 317
Join date : 2019-08-27

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by SecretFly on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:05 pm

Old Man wrote:You have to at least respect his ability to cheat and getting away with it. Whistle

Nah. You always need accomplices for that stuff. So honourable mention to many blind refs too. They helped create the legend.... Run

SecretFly

Posts : 30800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by The Oracle on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:08 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Pie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Pie wrote: Prima donnas the lot of them.

Play like one too, so they ain't all bad.

nah, now Henry Carter and McCaw have gone I have no respect for them.

That’s great, cos your validation would be concerning. And I wish folks would make their minds up about McCaw. He’s either the most respected or biggest cheat of a player on the planet. I guess only the greats can get that sort of swing vote. laughing


You seem to really struggle with the concept of different people having different views and just group everyone together!
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:12 pm

He wasn't called Richie McCheat for nothing Wink.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 8919
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by SecretFly on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:15 pm

I do of course jest. Ritchie was perhaps the greatest player ever....to wear black. Not sure he'd ever have gotten into a Welsh team though. Higher standards apply and higher fees paid to ballboys too... Run

SecretFly

Posts : 30800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Taylorman on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm

The Oracle wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Pie wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Pie wrote: Prima donnas the lot of them.

Play like one too, so they ain't all bad.

nah, now Henry Carter and McCaw have gone I have no respect for them.

That’s great, cos your validation would be concerning. And I wish folks would make their minds up about McCaw. He’s either the most respected or biggest cheat of a player on the planet. I guess only the greats can get that sort of swing vote. laughing


You seem to really struggle with the concept of different people having different views and just group everyone together!

No, I struggle with the view that a single player gets to be the biggest cheat in the game at the same time as the most respected player by others. I dont know of any other player who fits both descriptions as widely, not even close.

Do you? Given you clearly don’t have a problem with that concept?

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool D Australia Fiji Georgia Uruguay Wales

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum