Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by EWT Spoons on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors vs Edinburgh
Saturday 21st December
KO 17:45
Scotstoun
Prem Sports


Well after being peer pressured into this, over on the general chat thread, here we go. The game of the season so far, Glasgow fresh from a terrible start to the campaign (from their point of view) up against an Edinburgh team, who flirted briefly with some attacking nous and have of late gone back to the prudish style they utilised for most of last season.

I'd say I have no idea how this game will go, but the most recent of these fixtures does suggest a clear winner, and that won't be rugby. Prepare for the most turgid game of rugby known to man, culminating in a win for the true heros of Scottish rugby...Edinburgh.

EWT Spoons

Posts : 3476
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down


Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:47 pm

BigGee wrote:That was not smart from Bhatti

Another weegie spy in our midst planted to give away stupid penalties at key times, shocking

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 33
Location : Brighton

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:48 pm

We are warriors. We are warriors.

Oh wait.......
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:49 pm

YES DARCY!! Woooohoooooooooo

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 33
Location : Brighton

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:50 pm

Another good try, real pace from Graham, but well made by Scott and Bennett

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by jimbopip on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:50 pm

Fair dog's you pampered jades of the east you deserved it. Not convinced by the penalty try though.

jimbopip

Posts : 5058
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:53 pm

Well done Edinburgh, pulled it out of the bag

One all and the decider to come in the spring

Derbies have been good this year, some of the internationals playing really well

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:54 pm

Well I wasn’t far off with my prediction. Just didn’t expect Glasgow to score that extra try.

BP win for Edinburgh and no LBP for The Unwashed.

I’d actually not have minded Glasgow getting a BP from a Scottish point of view but quite frankly, your powderpuff pack and partisan fans mean you don’t deserve it.

Future champions indeed  warning
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:58 pm

There really is not much in the two teams at all this year and it has gone away from backs v forwards. Who would have imagined Edinburgh scoring tries like that a few years ago (or even last year)

The bench really made the difference I think, the much maligned HP and the much injured Matt Scott showed their worth. If MS can stay fit and that seems a big if, then he well be back in the Scotland squad, he carved us up twice and is passing a lot better now as well.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:01 pm

Good match that, things definitely looking up for the weegies your defence is looking very strong and Huw Jones is sparking into life which is fantastic news. You really need Hastings to stay fit though, that’s a bit of a worry. Good to see Horne The Competent looking in fine form

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 33
Location : Brighton

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by NeilyBroon on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:04 pm

Matt Scott deserves another chance at starting for Scotland, Johnson is looking a bit meh at the moment and I reckon Hutch is more a 13 than 12. Lang could still be a bolter though! Jones showing nice form now at 13 so centres looking good. Still concerned about our forwards though.

On a side note Dalziel seems to have given the glasgow pack a bit more bite around the park, although the scrum is very hit and miss.

Makes the next few games vital for Glasgow. Good win for Edinburgh and well deserved retention of the cup.
NeilyBroon
NeilyBroon

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 29
Location : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:05 pm

Here’s a bit fun.

Including non SQ players, trying to put club bias to the side, pic a combined Edinburgh/Glasgow side.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by NeilyBroon on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:11 pm

Schoeman
Brown
Nel
Cummings
Gray
Bob
Mata
Watson

Price (Pyrgos played well enough but i think improvement was more attributable to others)
Hastings

VdM
Scott
Bennett (Jones a close second)
Graham
Kinghorn


Last edited by NeilyBroon on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
NeilyBroon
NeilyBroon

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 29
Location : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by RDW on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:11 pm

Ya beauty! Normal service has resumed. I missed most of the game but have seen the tries - Darcy is absolutely electric leaving old man DTH for dead.

Credit to Glasgow though - they've really manned up recently and shown a lot of bite I didn't think they had.

Who would have thought that Edinburgh's backs would prove more decisive?

Most importantly we're top of our pool just now (Munster to play tonight) with Zebre at home next so we really should be consolidating our place at the top.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28592
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:13 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:

Makes the next few games vital for Glasgow. Good win for Edinburgh and well deserved retention of the cup.

Not retained quite yet, is best of three now remember, we will be back at the Library in the spring

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by RDW on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:14 pm

Also.....can 21st please come back and do his usual rant about travelling all the way to Edinburgh and being raging that Glasgow lost again??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28592
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:18 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:Matt Scott deserves another chance at starting for Scotland, Johnson is looking a bit meh at the moment and I reckon Hutch is more a 13 than 12. Lang could still be a bolter though! Jones showing nice form now at 13 so centres looking good. Still concerned about our forwards though.

On a side note Dalziel seems to have given the glasgow pack a bit more bite around the park, although the scrum is very hit and miss.

Makes the next few games vital for Glasgow. Good win for Edinburgh and well deserved retention of the cup.

Lang isn’t getting much game time at Quins and I don’t think he’s injured.

With Lasike landing there now he’s now even further behind so think any future Scotland caps will be few and far between.

Hutch is a 13 for me but I’m not a back

Matt Scott is very much looking like the best 12 available to us right now. Smiling Sam very much seems to have been a one season wonder but if Jones can get his mojo back, no reason Sam can’t either.

Matt Scott and Huw Jones would be a tasty pairing for Scotland with hutch on the bench covering either position I’d say
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:22 pm

1. Schoeman
2. Brown
3. Fagerson - still had a good all round game and Nelly only lasted a half
4. Cummings
5. Gray
6. Ritchie/Harley - to close to call
7. Watson - probably not his best game as he got injured early but just shades it over Gibbins
8. Mata - Best Edinburgh game this season, coming back into form at the right time
9. Price
10. Hastings
11. VDM
12. Scott - he really made an impact
13. Jones - showed his class, but Bennett was good as well
14. Graham - he has got some wheels
15. Jackson - again did the basics at FB really well, another good game

Seuili
McInally
Nel
Gilchrist
Harley/Ritchie - whoever did not start
HP - made a really good impact
Bennett
Kinghorn


BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:30 pm

tigertattie wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:Matt Scott deserves another chance at starting for Scotland, Johnson is looking a bit meh at the moment and I reckon Hutch is more a 13 than 12. Lang could still be a bolter though! Jones showing nice form now at 13 so centres looking good. Still concerned about our forwards though.

On a side note Dalziel seems to have given the glasgow pack a bit more bite around the park, although the scrum is very hit and miss.

Makes the next few games vital for Glasgow. Good win for Edinburgh and well deserved retention of the cup.

Lang isn’t getting much game time at Quins and I don’t think he’s injured.

With Lasike landing there now he’s now even further behind so think any future Scotland caps will be few and far between.

Hutch is a 13 for me but I’m not a back

Matt Scott is very much looking like the best 12 available to us right now. Smiling Sam very much seems to have been a one season wonder but if Jones can get his mojo back, no reason Sam can’t either.

Matt Scott and Huw Jones would be a tasty pairing for Scotland with hutch on the bench covering either position I’d say


Lang has been playing week in week out for Quins and playing well, he may well be in the equation.

Jones needs to hold and keep building this form and Scott needs to manage a run of games, but both look very encouraging.

Just watching the recording of Saints v Gloucester just now and Hutchinson, despite having 13 on his back, wanders all over the backline, sometimes even playing first receiver inside Biggar. We do seem to have an good depth in our centres now.

Interesting the other player of note playing in this game is the youngster Alex Craig, who seems to have nailed down a starting spot in the Gloucester second row, no mean feet considering the pack they have. Watch out for him, he could easily be Toonie's bolter this time around, there always seems to be one.


BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by RDW on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:31 pm

Worth saying Cockers and McRae will be raging about the Glasgow tries. No point having robust defence in the rest of the pitch if we let in super soft tries on our own line!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28592
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:31 pm

It’s like the twilight zone on here with people picking Weegie forwards and Edinburgh backs

tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by RDW on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:33 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6n987qD79c/?igshid=b02uiyr9wj1s

Love this picture!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28592
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:41 pm

It’s like a joke

“How many Glasgow players does it take to make a tackle”

Matt Scott (12) - legend
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 5:50 pm

tigertattie wrote:It’s like a joke

“How many Glasgow players does it take to make a tackle”

Matt Scott (12) - legend

The real legend there was Jacko for stopping it being scored.

We would never have heard the end of it!

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 6:24 pm

BigGee wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:Matt Scott deserves another chance at starting for Scotland, Johnson is looking a bit meh at the moment and I reckon Hutch is more a 13 than 12. Lang could still be a bolter though! Jones showing nice form now at 13 so centres looking good. Still concerned about our forwards though.

On a side note Dalziel seems to have given the glasgow pack a bit more bite around the park, although the scrum is very hit and miss.

Makes the next few games vital for Glasgow. Good win for Edinburgh and well deserved retention of the cup.

Lang isn’t getting much game time at Quins and I don’t think he’s injured.

With Lasike landing there now he’s now even further behind so think any future Scotland caps will be few and far between.

Hutch is a 13 for me but I’m not a back

Matt Scott is very much looking like the best 12 available to us right now. Smiling Sam very much seems to have been a one season wonder but if Jones can get his mojo back, no reason Sam can’t either.

Matt Scott and Huw Jones would be a tasty pairing for Scotland with hutch on the bench covering either position I’d say


Lang has been playing week in week out for Quins and playing well, he may well be in the equation.

Jones needs to hold and keep building this form and Scott needs to manage a run of games, but both look very encouraging.

Just watching the recording of Saints v Gloucester just now and Hutchinson, despite having 13 on his back, wanders all over the backline, sometimes even playing first receiver inside Biggar. We do seem to have an good depth in our centres now.

Interesting the other player of note playing in this game is the youngster Alex Craig, who seems to have nailed down a starting spot in the Gloucester second row, no mean feet considering the pack they have. Watch out for him, he could easily be Toonie's bolter this time around, there always seems to be one.


60 mins into this Saints v Gloucester game now and you would have to say that Chris Harris has heard about centres being in good form north of the border, he has scored one and made one and generally having a very good game. He is not planning on giving up his squad place soon either I would say.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by funnyExiledScot on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 6:41 pm

Well fought 1872 contest this year. Very little between these teams. Pleased to see Huw Jones finding a bit of form and confidence.

Mata was very good today, and thought Gilchrist also put in a useful shift. Good impact from Scott off the bench and Graham showed off his pace to good effect.

Really good 1872 contest this year.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 16031
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 39
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 7:20 pm

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 1ba65e10

Just leaving this here
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 7:42 pm

It is smazing how tight conference B is, everyone bar the Kings still in the mix

Don't get intoxicated Edinburgh fans, keep your eyes on the prize!

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by RDW on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:18 pm

Munster lost to Leinster to keep Edinburgh in the hunt, but they got a LBP so remain top.

The conferences are a bit weird this year - Leinster have ran away with conference A but all but one team in B are in the running.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28592
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by RDW on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:28 pm

Cockers wrote:"I know that Glasgow have always said that we’re a kick-chase team and we don’t score tries – well we scored more tries tonight. We won the game and they get nothing. If you look at the two pools, we’ve scored more tries than them so maybe they’re a kick-chase team.

"We’ve lived in their shadow enough – why shouldn’t we enjoy the win?"

Has Cockers ever had media training??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28592
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by TJ on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:57 pm

RDW wrote:
Cockers wrote:"I know that Glasgow have always said that we’re a kick-chase team and we don’t score tries – well we scored more tries tonight. We won the game and they get nothing. If you look at the two pools, we’ve scored more tries than them so maybe they’re a kick-chase team.

"We’ve lived in their shadow enough – why shouldn’t we enjoy the win?"

Has Cockers ever had media training??

Yes the now ex media trainer is now a hairdresser

TJ

Posts : 7401
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 8:59 pm

I’d imagine that festive cheer may have been in short supply in the Cockerill household after losing the first leg, so he’s probably making up for lost time now!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 33
Location : Brighton

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:11 pm

Nah stuff em. Cockers is 100% right to rub it in. Glasgow have been strutting around like they own the place for years. During these years the SRU have admittedly “overfunded” Glasgow at the expense of Edinburgh.

Now that the balance is being brought back into alignment, the rust is coming off the Edinburgh machine. Glasgow hasn’t fallen to bits, but they are finding it tricky to win their games without all the resources they once had.

Perhaps if Glasgow had been a bit more gracious during the good times, they wouldn’t be getting some of their own medicine thrown back at them in the lean times.

Glasgow surely haven’t watched Joseph and the amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 4:31 pm

Just watched the game again this afternoon, with a slightly more detached and forensic eye. Here are a few thoughts.

1. Both teams are pretty evenly matched at the moment when they have their best teams out, but Edinburgh do seem to have more depth. The bench really made a difference Berghan, Scott, HP and Bradbury all really added something. The Glasgow subs, other than maybe Horne, really had little impact on the game.

2. DR is making the mistake that Cockers has made in recent years and is overplaying his starters. Cummings, Gray and Zander have all played 4 in a row with hardly any time out. That is tough on these big guys and will take its toll and may be part of why the game swung away from us in the last 10 mins. It does nothing for the players sitting on the bench who don't get on either. Nicol is likely to need to state next week and is going to be thinking that the coach does not trust me. That kind of selection does nothing for the team nor the squad.

3. Those three lost attacking lineouts in the first half really cost Glasgow, if we could have got some points on the board a bit earlier, could have changed the dynamic of the game, we always seemed to be playing catch up.

4. Matt Scott just looks like a different player now that he has stopped eating the pies and lost a few kilos. He has not looked in that kind of shape since his first season down in Gloucester and when he first burst onto the scene. I wonder why players come away from what they know works for them, his game was always about speed and power, so why get rid of the speed? If he can stay fit and I worry about that, as he has been fragile, he will surely be back in the Scotland squad.

5. Scott Cummings looks like the best Scottish lock just now. He seems to be the only one who can come on to the ball at some pace and break the line. Skinner does it a bit for Exeter as well and one of them will likely start and the other be the impact player off the bench, paired with a workhorse, most likely to be JG.

6. Mata really looks like he is getting back to his best form again. Been pretty sluggish since coming back from the WC, but he looked dangerously good again on Saturday.

7. Lots of people said that all Huw Jones needed was a run of games to get some form. Funny that, he has got them now and looks right back in form. I wonder if DR thinks he should have played him regularly a bit earlier in the season.

8. DTHVDM, great servant that he has been to Glasgow, seems to have meet father time and he has lost a yard and a half of pace. he might have caught Graham in his prime, but was not even close this time. We have seen a few signs that he is fading this season and this seems to confirm it.

9. The other VDM can't become Scottish Qualified quickly enough. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to international rugby, where defence is as important as attack, but he is a point of difference to anyone we have currently.

10. Glasgow, unlike Edinburgh have not been evolving their squad and the gaps look scary. The drop off from Hastings to Jacko at FH for example and the lack of penetration in our back three. It is very worrying how we are going to get on in the international window, but then again, maybe we won't lose quite so many as we usually do this time around and this could be a problem that comes back to haunt Edinburgh instead.


Unlike some of the derbies over the past few years, these were 2 really good games and there is all to play for in the decider in the spring.

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by RDW on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 5:02 pm

Excellent summary biggee clap

On Matt Scott, he put on the beef when he was long term injured and spent all his time in the gym, so it wasn't a conscious decision of sorts.

Agreed on Cummings - he's got to be in the 23. I think GG and Gray are too similar a pairing.

Skinner is yet to return from injury so will need to get up to speed quickly. He might not even get in that Exeter squad just now!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28592
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 7:30 pm

What Gee said

Fine margins were the difference in that game to be honest.

For fun, pick your “skill of the match” from

A: Duhan’s run leading to Darcy’s first try
B: Mata’s offload leading to Darcy's first try
C: Huw (who? Aye him)‘s line leading to his try
D: Piecrust’s spotting of the gap for his try
E: Wee Horne’s jinky pick and go run half a dozen phases before his try
F: Edinburgh’s pack for keeping it solid in the maul for the penalty try
G: Van Der Walt’s wrestling of the ball from niko leading to Darcy's 2nd
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by BigGee on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 7:53 pm

You have missed Scott's run to the base of the post and Jacko's save which both migjt be the best of the lot

From what you posted though, going to have to go with Mata's offload, so filthy that it should not really be shown this side of the watershed, if at all!

BigGee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9049
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by tigertattie on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 8:07 pm

BigGee wrote:You have missed Scott's run to the base of the post and Jacko's save which both migjt be the best of the lot

From what you posted though, going to have to go with Mata's offload, so filthy that it should not really be shown this side of the watershed, if at all!

Wasn’t that last weeks game???

My memory must be going. I’ll need to ask jimbo for some of his pills
tigertattie
tigertattie

Posts : 7173
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Edinburgh 1872 part 1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum