The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 3 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Scott is Back on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

superflyweight wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:"Thor - Ragnarok"

Tino memorial rating : 7.5874 - Not seen any of the previous Thor's, but this one looked all new and shiny, so thought i would give it a whirl.

GSoE: 8.6

HH Scale of Accurate Titling: 8/10 – Thor Ragnarok - Well the main man is ol' Thor, God of Thunder & all that jazz....so thats a good start. Ragnarok as a word features quite heavily, still no overly sure what it was, but it was mentioned a lot.

Michaels scale of tits OR war: Tits - one topless scene where God of Pecs shows off his rippling torso, and the Hulk gets his dimply arse-cheeks out. Not sure if i would class it as a war, but some fisty-cuffs ensued, and there was a winner, so i suppose it could be a war.... who knows, certainly not me!

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 5/10 - The wife was sent to sainsburys for some steak, and returned with the film, so it didnt cost me anything, but the Scott household took a hit of £9.99.

TattieSconesRRN-Q: "Piss off Ghost" - Said in a South African/Australian Accent, i couldnt tell which (is this racist?)

If Barry Norman had done his reviews like this he wouldn't be dead now.  

Was he murdered due to his substandard movie reviewing technique?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Atila on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 2:51 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:The whole use of the force was stupid; the healing and the passing of the lightsaber through time and space was just dumb.
Not just the Light Sabers, but the robots too. C-3PO and R2-D2 made it through 9 Star Wars films from Anakin Skywalker to Rey.

Atila

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by superflyweight on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 3:05 pm

I thought it was fine and that it was an entertaining enough way to spend a couple of hours.

These films were never going to be to you now what the originals were to you as a kid.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 9:42 pm

superflyweight wrote:I thought it was fine and that it was an entertaining enough way to spend a couple of hours.    

These films were never going to be to you now what the originals were to you as a kid.    

I'm old enough to remember seeing the originals at the movies theatre when they first came out, and I thought that out of the recent Star Wars movies, Rogue One was good, good enough that I saw it twice at the theatre and bought it when it came out on DVD. The Force Awakens wasn't too bad and I bought that too. The last two movies I thought were bang average. The Last Jedi came out over two years ago, and I still can't bring myself to buy it yet.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales on Sat 04 Jan 2020, 1:11 pm

I liked Rogue One. The story was much more straightforward and moved forward in a good way. The side characters were interesting and plot armour was not a feature for once.

lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem on Wed 08 Jan 2020, 9:59 am

The Gentlemen

Humorous and mildly entertaining, a return to the kind of stuff Guy Ritchie is best known for, it made a change to see Hugh Grant play a different role and pulled it off well. It's not for easily offended liberal types, the Independent were pretty scathing and seem unable to separate a film from reality.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 6:27 pm

The Joker

I thought that Joaquin Phoenix did an excellent job as The Joker. As a result of Phoenix's acting, the film turned out to be better than I expected and made up for what I thought was a very bland storyline.

I'm going to have to watch The Dark Knight again to compare Phoenix's Joker to Heath Ledger's Joker.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 7:16 pm

Ben-Hur (1959). I'm unwell and it was on Sky movies as per, so why not. Still epic. It's interesting to watch older movies - the acting was a lot different back then. Some good and others not so good, all speaking in an upper class manner.
I've also attempted to watch the remake, I couldn't resonate with it - I think reached 30-40 minutes in before getting bored and switching over.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 7:19 pm

lostinwales wrote:I liked Rogue One. The story was much more straightforward and moved forward in a good way. The side characters were interesting and plot armour was not a feature for once.

Agree. I've always wondered why they haven't made a Vader back story, set during the 20 something years between episode III and episode IV - there has been comics/literature for that period. I think it would be interesting and possibly a blockbuster.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 7:34 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Ben-Hur (1959). I'm unwell and it was on Sky movies as per, so why not. Still epic. It's interesting to watch older movies - the acting was a lot different back then. Some good and others not so good, all speaking in an upper class manner.
I've also attempted to watch the remake, I couldn't resonate with it - I think reached 30-40 minutes in before getting bored and switching over.
Yes, the original Ben Hur is a classic, the remake was crap.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 7:37 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
lostinwales wrote:I liked Rogue One. The story was much more straightforward and moved forward in a good way. The side characters were interesting and plot armour was not a feature for once.

Agree. I've always wondered why they haven't made a Vader back story, set during the 20 something years between episode III and episode IV - there has been comics/literature for that period. I think it would be interesting and possibly a blockbuster.
I still think they'll make a film or two to fill in the gap between episode VI and episode VII.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 7:54 pm

Atila wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

I still think they'll make a film or two to fill in the gap between episode VI and episode VII.
That would just be like the new ones though, wouldn't it? Crappy. Vader is like everybody's favourite character and his back story involves killing people - which is what we all want to see right? Smile Rogue One got the balance right, a bit of violence but still okay for the young ones.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 12:51 am

Atila wrote:The Joker

I thought that Joaquin Phoenix did an excellent job as The Joker. As a result of Phoenix's acting, the film turned out to be better than I expected and made up for what I thought was a very bland storyline.

I'm going to have to watch The Dark Knight again to compare Phoenix's Joker to Heath Ledger's Joker.

Watched it yesterday. I’ve seen reviews of it’s brilliant and it’s too slow, but I was kind of in the middle. I didn’t find I was bored by it, but I wouldn’t say it overly engaged me either.

I thought Phoenix offered a pretty good take on it and obviously as his was a back story version, it’s bound to be different, but I definitely liked Heath Ledger’s Joker more. I would love to have seen Ledger and Nolan have had the chance to have done an origin story for his Joker.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum