The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

+33
No name Bertie
doctor_grey
mountain man
guildfordbat
Lowlandbrit
alfie
king_carlos
DavidJo23
Derbymanc
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
RiscaGame
Luke
hampo17
mikey_dragon
Soul Requiem
Dolphin Ziggler
Samo
Atila
TheRealDeal
Mr Bounce
Trebs
lfc91
westisbest
hornbloweroafc
rIck_dAgless
profitius
gazzyD
SecretFly
lostinwales
Galted
superflyweight
Scott is Back
37 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

Post by Scott is Back Tue 06 Mar 2018, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

superflyweight wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:"Thor - Ragnarok"

Tino memorial rating : 7.5874 - Not seen any of the previous Thor's, but this one looked all new and shiny, so thought i would give it a whirl.

GSoE: 8.6

HH Scale of Accurate Titling: 8/10 – Thor Ragnarok - Well the main man is ol' Thor, God of Thunder & all that jazz....so thats a good start. Ragnarok as a word features quite heavily, still no overly sure what it was, but it was mentioned a lot.

Michaels scale of tits OR war: Tits - one topless scene where God of Pecs shows off his rippling torso, and the Hulk gets his dimply arse-cheeks out. Not sure if i would class it as a war, but some fisty-cuffs ensued, and there was a winner, so i suppose it could be a war.... who knows, certainly not me!

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 5/10 - The wife was sent to sainsburys for some steak, and returned with the film, so it didnt cost me anything, but the Scott household took a hit of £9.99.

TattieSconesRRN-Q: "Piss off Ghost" - Said in a South African/Australian Accent, i couldnt tell which (is this racist?)

If Barry Norman had done his reviews like this he wouldn't be dead now.  

Was he murdered due to his substandard movie reviewing technique?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

Post by gazzyD Sat 01 Sep 2018, 2:00 pm

Equaliser 1 and 2

Mate wanted to see the second and having not seen the first I decided to watch beforehand. Had heard a lot of good stuff about it and was excited to see what the fuss was. Am I missing something? Any other actor than Denzel and that movie would have been turned off. It's so average

Needless to say the 2nd was even worse

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS A LOT OF SPOILERS)

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2018, 12:32 pm

Completely agree. When I heard they were making a second, I couldn’t believe it. Bang average really, similar kind of thing with the Neeson stuff, just an older guy taking on bad guys, and stuff blows up. Seen it all before.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 Sep 2018, 9:17 am

A Quiet Place

Tino memorial rating : 9.238 brilliant, tense, alien invasion film.  

GSoE: 9.3

HH scale of accurate titling: 7/10 - It was quiet most of the time and it did take place in a physical place, but quite frankly, if my kids made the kind of noise made by those kids inthose circumstances, I'd have ripped out their tongues and cut off their limbs.  

Michael's Scale of Tits or War - 7/10 - No norks to shake a stick at.  Plenty of violence but not as much as you might expect.

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 4/10 - paid for it on Virgin on Demand (which sounds like a people trafficking service you'd find on the Dark Web) and it cost £4.49.  Seems a bit much for 48 hours rental.  

TSRRN-Q: "                        ".

Last edited by superflyweight on Wed 05 Sep 2018, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 05 Sep 2018, 10:51 am

Developmentally Retarded Rating: 1/10 Don't like aliens and I thought the wall was high enough to keep them out.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 06 Sep 2018, 6:53 am

Excellent review, supes, top notch.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 06 Sep 2018, 8:58 am

Thanks Rick.

I don't care for the language used in Secretfly's response. A troubled mind.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Sep 2018, 9:16 am

I was deeply moved by Super’s review, as deeply as I’m saddened by all this inter’fly violence.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 06 Sep 2018, 10:03 am

Galted wrote:I was deeply moved by Super’s review, as deeply as I’m saddened by all this inter’fly violence.

I thought you'd get a buzz from it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Tue 11 Sep 2018, 9:51 pm

Went to see Searching, actually thought it was really good. Was gripped throughout and liked the way the movie was put together. It was all told through a computer for the most part like instant messaging or video chatting.

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealDeal Fri 21 Sep 2018, 4:42 pm

From Vincent with love.

Was ok. Too commercial.

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealDeal Wed 26 Sep 2018, 7:20 pm

TheRealDeal wrote:From Vincent with love.

Was ok. Too commercial.

Actually the last filn I watched was Shogun.
Insightful.

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 24 Dec 2018, 7:45 pm

Aquaman.

Decent enough

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 09 May 2019, 12:01 am

Avengers, Endgame.

I'm a super hero movie fan but I didn't think this was as great as many of my friends think it is. Watchable yes, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 09 May 2019, 11:13 am

You're outgrowing them. Thank God. A few more hundred million of you to go and we should successfully end this cinematic age of the endless superhero stuff.

How many superheroes does it take anyway to get a job done? They ain't what they used to be when superman could do it all on his own.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 May 2019, 9:11 am

SecretFly wrote:You're outgrowing them.  Thank God.  A few more hundred million of you to go and we should successfully end this cinematic age of the endless superhero stuff.

clap

Can’t stand them. Single handily killed the industry for me. Z rate actors making millions off this green screen garbage disgusts me. Bring back the 80’s or 90’s films, proper actors, original storylines, and no ******* CGI.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 11 May 2019, 4:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:You're outgrowing them.  Thank God.  A few more hundred million of you to go and we should successfully end this cinematic age of the endless superhero stuff.  

How many superheroes does it take anyway to get a job done?  They ain't what they used to be when superman could do it all on his own.
Bad news for you, they're going to continue making these type of movies for a good while yet.

I haven't been crazy about these super hero movies for a while now because the storylines haven't been all that great, but they're harmless fun for those that enjoy them.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 17 Oct 2019, 5:15 pm

Joker.

Simply incredible. An awesome character study that could easily be a stand alone film without the attachment to the Batman lore. Words cant justify it. Dark, depressing, enlightening, terrifying, enthralling. It holds a mirror up to the audience and makes sure you dont like what you see. Phoenix has to be a shoo-in for a best actor nomination, and I wouldnt be surprised to see it nominated for best picture and best director aswell.

Do yourself a favour and see this film. Truly a piece of art which wrecks your emotions.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 18 Oct 2019, 6:44 am

Joker

I thought I was an average film/story very well acted, pure Oscar bait, but very little remarkable about the story. Has nothing to do with the comics so came across as quite cynical move by Warner Brothers to grab some awards away from the failing DCEU. Can't knock Phoenix's acting however.

Go watch it if you enjoy dark films, don't watch it if you don't

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:07 am

I enjoyed it in an odd way, it was gripping and somewhat difficult to watch. I didn’t read any reviews, so expected something more “comic” - probably why I enjoyed it. But then I don’t like comic books and have only really enjoyed the Batman films (the Nolan ones that Galted and I like). 

Quite like that the director has come out since and said it doesn’t define as being part of the overall story as this could be one of Joker’s many lies, even I know that it didn’t fit.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:35 am

The problem with the Joker always for me, in the context of the 'Universe' he inhabits, i.e., Batman and the other lunatics of Gotham, is that his darkness/evil/madness is always viewed and portrayed as much more 'interesting' than Batman's own demons.
I mostly always tired of the Joker in the movies.  He takes up so much time on screen that all you're left with is a few caped swooshes from Batman himself for the 'James Bond' moments.
All the Joker is is a psychopath.... a caricature version.  He looks like one, you'd never become his drinking buddy, he talks like one.  He's a visualised concoction of all evils, from creepy sidewalk slimeball, to outright serial killer, to sexual sadist fetishist.  Now every guy on death row always had reasons and stories to tell but Death Row is where society tells them that they don't care why they became the people they are.

Batman, if truly given the same minute attention as the writers and directors like to give the Joker, is a much more interesting psychological conundrum.  Because here's the guy with the Real costume, and it isn't the cape and the ears, but the suit and the tie.  Here's the real dangerous persona, because the suit is a front for the same taste in sadism, violence and power...but he doesn't go to jail.
We know many many many people in our lives who wear suits, have power and never go to jail, people that we suspect ain't what they seem, that have their psychotic motivations lurking under the bonnet.
Keaton's quiet, brooding beast came closest in my opinion to a true attempt at portraying Batman as most textured lunatic in Gotham...but of course it was also ruined by way way too much screen time given to...... the joke that was Nicholson's Joker.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 18 Oct 2019, 11:17 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I enjoyed it in an odd way, it was gripping and somewhat difficult to watch. I didn’t read any reviews, so expected something more “comic” - probably why I enjoyed it. But then I don’t like comic books and have only really enjoyed the Batman films (the Nolan ones that Galted and I like). 

Quite like that the director has come out since and said it doesn’t define as being part of the overall story as this could be one of Joker’s many lies, even I know that it didn’t fit.

You'll be hearing from my solicitors.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 21 Oct 2019, 8:12 am

rick_dagless wrote:Joker

I thought I was an average film/story very well acted, pure Oscar bait, but very little remarkable about the story.  Has nothing to do with the comics so came across as quite cynical move by Warner Brothers to grab some awards away from the failing DCEU.  Can't knock Phoenix's acting however.

It was an ok film that is getting attention because of the association with the Joker and by extension the Heath Ledger version of the character. The film itself was somewhat predictable and despite Phoenix's brilliant portrayal it seemed to be lacking in something, once you pick away the Taxi Driver bits, the King of Comedy bits and everything else stolen from Scorcese there's very little depth aside from a twisted homage to MS.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Oct 2019, 6:42 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Joker

I thought I was an average film/story very well acted, pure Oscar bait, but very little remarkable about the story.  Has nothing to do with the comics so came across as quite cynical move by Warner Brothers to grab some awards away from the failing DCEU.  Can't knock Phoenix's acting however.

It was an ok film that is getting attention because of the association with the Joker and by extension the Heath Ledger version of the character. The film itself was somewhat predictable and despite Phoenix's brilliant portrayal it seemed to be lacking in something, once you pick away the Taxi Driver bits, the King of Comedy bits and everything else stolen from Scorcese there's very little depth aside from a twisted homage to MS.

Agreed

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 17 Dec 2019, 4:53 pm

Glass - not deserving of a proper review. It was just rubbish.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 18 Dec 2019, 7:35 am

Think Glass just went a bit over the top for most peoples taste. I quite liked it, as a sort of weird spin on comic book films. However, probably the weakest of the trilogy. The 3 films are all so different in genre and tone though its hard to compare.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 18 Dec 2019, 11:20 am

Most disappointing film of the year, expected so much having enjoyed Unbreakable and Split but the story was just a bit meh. It might have been a bit mainstream but everyone was waiting to see the promised attempt at destruction but it never materialised instead needlessly subverting expectations.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Dec 2019, 7:24 am

Star Wars: Episode 9 - Fan service the movie.

Not great.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 20 Dec 2019, 8:06 am

Absolute garbage, words cannot do justice to how bad it is and it makes episodes 1-3 look like masterpieces.

Not a fan of all these fancy abilities the Jedi suddenly have after 8 films.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 20 Dec 2019, 8:50 am

Agreed.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Fri 20 Dec 2019, 8:52 am

Grim. Last thing I wanted to hear about the last Star Wars...

Agreed on that ability thing, remember thinking that during the last one. Think it was the bit where he projected himself to a different location as a distraction.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 20 Dec 2019, 12:12 pm

I haven't liked any of the new Star Wars movies. More pandering to the libtards who don't want to offend people, less of a Star Wars movie. None of the new characters resonated with me. I'll avoid this newest instalment for as long as I can. I expect Marvel will head down the same route if it hasn't already.

The Irishman - I watched via Netflix. I enjoyed it. I don't agree with de Niro's views but he's still a great actor. I was worried that he'd be too old to pull off a mob hitman, but he did it exceptionally well. Thank the lord that him, Pesci and Pacino were in a movie again. Hopefully there's another one to save us from the Tim Miller's and Brie Larson's of the world.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Dec 2019, 12:57 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I haven't liked any of the new Star Wars movies. More pandering to the libtards who don't want to offend people (I mean there's a woman who can fight and everything and she isn't just forced to stand around in a bikini waiting to be saved), less of a Star Wars movie. None of the new characters resonated with me (especially the women and the blacks). I'll avoid this newest instalment for as long as I can (until I'm forced by the bloody Libtards to watch it against my own free will). I expect Marvel will head down the same route if it hasn't already (did you see Black Panther?).

The Irishman - I watched via Netflix. I enjoyed it. I don't agree with de Niro's views (he's not a big orange racist) but he's still a great actor. I was worried that he'd be too old to pull off a mob hitman, but he did it exceptionally well. Thank the lord that him, Pesci and Pacino were in a movie again. Hopefully there's another one to save us from the Tim Miller's and Brie Larson's (I just don't like her because she's a woman) of the world.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 20 Dec 2019, 1:29 pm

superflyweight wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I haven't liked any of the new Star Wars movies. More pandering to the libtards who don't want to offend people (I mean there's a woman who can fight and everything and she isn't just forced to stand around in a bikini waiting to be saved), less of a Star Wars movie. None of the new characters resonated with me (especially the women and the blacks). I'll avoid this newest instalment for as long as I can (until I'm forced by the bloody Libtards to watch it against my own free will). I expect Marvel will head down the same route if it hasn't already (did you see Black Panther?).

The Irishman - I watched via Netflix. I enjoyed it. I don't agree with de Niro's views (he's not a big orange racist) but he's still a great actor. I was worried that he'd be too old to pull off a mob hitman, but he did it exceptionally well. Thank the lord that him, Pesci and Pacino were in a movie again. Hopefully there's another one to save us from the Tim Miller's and Brie Larson's (I just don't like her because she's a woman) of the world.

Kind of half expected this childish response from one or two easily-offended individuals. It's beyond boring now.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Dec 2019, 1:31 pm

You're the one who seems offended.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 20 Dec 2019, 1:31 pm

Oh far from it. Going around being offended all the time seems a depressing way to live, but those folks are out there. Also, are you a mod around here?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 21 Dec 2019, 12:42 am

Rugby folks should be banned from all other topics. They is trouble makers and totally non-PC cavemen. An embarrassing sect.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 23 Dec 2019, 9:24 pm

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

It's probably for the best that this was supposedly the last movie in the franchise.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 9:52 am

Did anyone get an Avengers Endgame from the last half an hour of Star Wars?

Weakest in the trilogy, switch your brain off and enjoy a bumpy ride. Watched Zombieland 2 when I got back from the cinema, superb film and as good as the first one for me. Woody Harrelson was superb as always.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 24 Dec 2019, 10:37 am

Atila wrote:Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

It's probably for the best that this was supposedly the last movie in the franchise.

WARNING! WARNING! "Supposedly". THIS IS NOT A DRILL.  I REPEAT - THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Never fear, it shall return to haunt us in the not too distant future from a galaxy far far away.

Now if they keep glorified TV director JJ Abrams away from it and give it to a real director/writer/producer..... the movies might even be good.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 24 Dec 2019, 11:07 am

Well the new Star Wars movie isn't popular. I'm surprised not more of you are getting called racist, homophobic, etc. for being of the opinion that it isn't a good movie. Wait until a certain someone also hears that I never liked any of the Hulk movies either, I'll get called out for being racist against green people then as well Very Happy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2019, 12:37 pm

Wish I had the power to end all production of these ridiculously, woeful, CGI filled, piles of crap. The day can’t come soon enough, when any kind of Marvel, comic book, or fantasy film, ceases to be produced.

To this day, I still can’t believe how many mugs continue to pay for this garbage, and seeing Z-list actors make £50m a year out of acting in front of a green screen, is quite frankly sickening.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 24 Dec 2019, 12:57 pm

Has anyone seen Terminator Dark Fate? Given it was another Terminator movie I had my reservations about it and looked into the spoilers, sadly it just confirmed my reservations and worse. One thing from the trailers stood out for me too - the CGI was pi*s poor compared to the first two movies.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 29 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Star Wars: Episode 9 - Fan service the movie.

Not great.

Totally agree. Most of the film was boring to me. And the finally battle and confrontation was just a CGI done return of the Jed final.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 02 Jan 2020, 12:30 pm

Luke wrote:

Not great.

Totally agree. Most of the film was boring to me. And the finally battle and confrontation was just a CGI done return of the Jed final.

Terrible film really. Got better for the last 1/2 hour or so but had reached such depths by that time that anything would be an improvement.

The worst thing about the previous film was the whole Finn running about at a frantic pace doing nothing. (Shame as he was a great character in the 1st of this trilogy). Its like they took that idea and ran with it for 3/4 of the movie.

It felt like the whole plot line was written by a 6 yr old (And Den they fly to this planet and the bad guy is already there and it all goes BANG and then they fly to the next planet and....etc)

It is not like there were no good ideas and the actors are better than the material they were given. But really this was just awful. They tried to fit in far too much material into the time available

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 02 Jan 2020, 12:37 pm

Just John wrote:Wish I had the power to end all production of these ridiculously, woeful, CGI filled, piles of crap. The day can’t come soon enough, when any kind of Marvel, comic book, or fantasy film, ceases to be produced.

To this day, I still can’t believe how many mugs continue to pay for this garbage, and seeing Z-list actors make £50m a year out of acting in front of a green screen, is quite frankly sickening.

Z-list? laughing

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Jan 2020, 9:11 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
Just John wrote:Wish I had the power to end all production of these ridiculously, woeful, CGI filled, piles of crap. The day can’t come soon enough, when any kind of Marvel, comic book, or fantasy film, ceases to be produced.

Z-list? laughing

It's an old man shouting at a cloud.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 03 Jan 2020, 12:30 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Luke wrote:

Not great.

Terrible film really. Got better for the last 1/2 hour or so but had reached such depths by that time that anything would be an improvement.

The worst thing about the previous film was the whole Finn running about at a frantic pace doing nothing. (Shame as he was a great character in the 1st of this trilogy). Its like they took that idea and ran with it for 3/4 of the movie.

It felt like the whole plot line was written by a 6 yr old (And Den they fly to this planet and the bad guy is already there and it all goes BANG and then they fly to the next planet and....etc)

It is not like there were no good ideas and the actors are better than the material they were given. But really this was just awful. They tried to fit in far too much material into the time available

There were 2 main issues. One was you can tell Abram is a fan, and his 2 films just seemed to be about paying homage to the original films.
Two they should have set it at a different time, that had nothing to do with anything of the originals. Either well before, well after and have them as stand alone film's.

As for Finn, I just sort of feel that they didn't know what to do with him. Originally it feels like he was supposed to be the love interest, then a sort of Han solo character, then a force sensitive person.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 03 Jan 2020, 1:03 pm

Luke wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Luke wrote:

Not great.

There were 2 main issues. One was you can tell Abram is a fan, and his 2 films just seemed to be about paying homage to the original films.
Two they should have set it at a different time, that had nothing to do with anything of the originals. Either well before, well after and have them as stand alone film's.

As for Finn, I just sort of feel that they didn't know what to do with him. Originally it feels like he was supposed to be the love interest, then a sort of Han solo character, then a force sensitive person.

I watched it with (amongst others) my son, who slept through most of it. His comment was that every time he woke up it looked exactly the same.

There are many things they could have done to make it better. One would have been to kill off a couple of major characters. I know a certain actress was already dead but there was never any real danger for key characters unless they were 'baddies'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 03 Jan 2020, 2:25 pm

Agree with that
Certainly feel you could have killed her off in 2, in a better way than how she did die.
Also think they should have killed Rey, with Ben being unable to find the life force because of him just turning.
All of them were boring, and I probably won't watch them again.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 03 Jan 2020, 2:34 pm

The whole use of the force was stupid; the healing and the passing of the lightsaber through time and space was just dumb.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next